PDA

View Full Version : LOL just got news my 16 year old nephew

Nzoner
04-08-2007, 08:22 AM
who lives in Georgia got a speeding ticket for doing 64 in a 45.

I'm laughing because the whole family all but agreed this would happen before his 17th birthday and we were right.

Only thing is I don't know how Georgia works but instead of getting a ticket he has to go before a judge and he's acting all cool like he isn't worried but in all seriousness I'd like to see him get a steep fine and/or lose his driving privilege for a month or so as his attitude towards driving laws has always been,"they are stupid."

Skip Towne
04-08-2007, 08:27 AM
I recommend a $1750 fine, 20 days in jail and 40 hours comm service. He could have hurt someone.

Joie
04-08-2007, 08:44 AM
He'll be thinking differently about those laws if he loses his license until he turns 18.

Joie
04-08-2007, 08:45 AM
OTOH, I have never met a 16yo that obeyed ttraffic laws.

Coach
04-08-2007, 08:48 AM

That's a fact for sure. I got busted for going 30 on a 20, whereas there wasn't a ****ing speed limit sign anywhere, and how in the hell was I supposed to know that in the first place if I am not origionally from here?

Dipshits!

And somethin more recent, my sister got nailed for going 80 on a 65.

Deberg_1990
04-08-2007, 09:13 AM
his attitude towards driving laws has always been,"they are stupid."

Isnt that the typical 16/17 year old kid?? Nothing unusual there....

teedubya
04-08-2007, 09:41 AM
And somethin more recent, my sister got nailed...

Yeah, and that thing she does with her tongue is great, I been meaning to tell you about that, slipped my mind though...

Nzoner
04-08-2007, 09:48 AM

Unless you're talking to a 44 year old who never had kids,that was alot of brain cells ago.

Coach
04-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah, and that thing she does with her tongue is great, I been meaning to tell you about that, slipped my mind though...

Hardy hardy har.

SithCeNtZ
04-08-2007, 10:01 AM

I'm laughing because the whole family all but agreed this would happen before his 17th birthday and we were right.

Only thing is I don't know how Georgia works but instead of getting a ticket he has to go before a judge and he's acting all cool like he isn't worried but in all seriousness I'd like to see him get a steep fine and/or lose his driving privilege for a month or so as his attitude towards driving laws has always been,"they are stupid."

I had that happen to me. It's state law in Indiana that if you are under 18 and you get any speeding ticket you have to go to court. All I got was a stern talking to and they gave me the option of getting the diversion or paying the ticket. No big deal really, and I think the only reason they do that is to make your parents pissed off that they have to take a day off of work to go to court with you.

There were dozens of kids there for the same offense as me and only one of them got anything more severe than just paying the fine like anyone else. That kid was going 24 mph over the speed limit in an elementary school zone. You can guess how the judge reacted to that.

banyon
04-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Do you know what Court this is in?

Nzoner
04-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Do you know what Court this is in?

No idea why?

I'd be interested on your take.

blueballs
04-08-2007, 10:34 AM
I had a friend killed
by a 16 yo speeder
this thread offends

blueballs
04-08-2007, 10:36 AM
I got 7 years and
he cost a 6 pack

chiefqueen
04-08-2007, 10:43 AM
My cousin was in a non-injury accident @ 16, the judge put him on house arrest for 6 months.

Nzoner
04-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I had a friend killed
by a 16 yo speeder
this thread offends

I'm sorry about your friend,I was laughing that we were right,however,if you read all of my post you saw that in all seriousness I hope the judge is not easy on him.

luv
04-08-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm 30, and people that obey the speed limit still drive me crazy. :)

Yellowbutter72
04-08-2007, 10:50 AM

Maybe he should move to Montana where there are no speed limits!

alnorth
04-08-2007, 10:55 AM
I grew up in southeast kansas where the cops were really strict on the speed limits. It seemed every other weekend in high school we'd hear about another guy getting a ticket.

Now that I live in Iowa its a whole new world of freedom. I dont know what it is with the cops up here, but they dont seem to pull over anyone unless you are REALLY motoring. The one ticket I've gotten so far was 20 over, but the cop who wrote it said the fine for that would be very high so he wrote it for only 6 over. I was so pleasantly shocked I just paid the ticket rather than show up to court.

Now I try to keep it under 7-over, because when you get that 2nd ticket in a 3 year time span, wacky things begin to happen to your insurance rate.

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 11:20 AM
That's a fact for sure. I got busted for going 30 on a 20, whereas there wasn't a ****ing speed limit sign anywhere, and how in the hell was I supposed to know that in the first place if I am not origionally from here?

Dipshits!

And somethin more recent, my sister got nailed for going 80 on a 65.
I once got a warning for 72 is 35. I'm convinced it was right before shift change and the law dictated if he'd have ticketed me he would have been required to arrest me. He didn't want to put in the overtime.

Dark Horse
04-08-2007, 05:00 PM
I've always thought of speed limits as more of a sugguestion than a law.

kstater
04-08-2007, 05:06 PM
I once got a warning for 72 is 35. I'm convinced it was right before shift change and the law dictated if he'd have ticketed me he would have been required to arrest me. He didn't want to put in the overtime.

So you're boasting about getting a warning for going 35 mph over the speed limit in one thread. But in another bitching about a ticket for not using a turn signal. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me.

PinkFloyd
04-08-2007, 05:11 PM
I actually got praise for doing 100 in a "69" !!! :p

dtebbe
04-08-2007, 06:30 PM

Here is the GA law:

Exceeding the speed limit by more than 14 miles per hour but less than 19 m.p.h - 2 points

Exceeding the speed limit by 19 m.p.h. or more but less than 24 m.p.h - 3 points

Exceeding the speed limit by 24 m.p.h. or more but less than 34 m.p.h - 4 points

Exceeding the speed limit by 34 m.p.h. or more - 6 points

Any driver under age 18, who accumulates four or more points on his driving record within a twelve month period, shall have his or her driver's license suspended for six months for the first suspension, and twelve months for any subsequent suspension.

He is only 1 point away from the mandatory suspension, and I think each judge still has the discression to suspend on a case by case basis. I'm betting he'll lose it for 6 months, GA is really tough on drivers under 18. Check it out. (http://www.gateendrivereducation.dds.ga.gov/)

DT

Nzoner
04-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Here is the GA law:

Exceeding the speed limit by more than 14 miles per hour but less than 19 m.p.h - 2 points

Exceeding the speed limit by 19 m.p.h. or more but less than 24 m.p.h - 3 points

Exceeding the speed limit by 24 m.p.h. or more but less than 34 m.p.h - 4 points

Exceeding the speed limit by 34 m.p.h. or more - 6 points

Any driver under age 18, who accumulates four or more points on his driving record within a twelve month period, shall have his or her driver's license suspended for six months for the first suspension, and twelve months for any subsequent suspension.

He is only 1 point away from the mandatory suspension, and I think each judge still has the discression to suspend on a case by case basis. I'm betting he'll lose it for 6 months, GA is really tough on drivers under 18. Check it out. (http://www.gateendrivereducation.dds.ga.gov/)

DT

Thanks for posting that.

Losing his license for 6 months would be a good thing for him with his attitude.

HemiEd
04-08-2007, 06:50 PM

Yep, it is damage control.

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 07:04 PM
So you're boasting about getting a warning for going 35 mph over the speed limit in one thread. But in another bitching about a ticket for not using a turn signal. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me.
Not really boasting about it... more that I'm STILL very surprised. And there's a big ****ing difference between being 17 and 28. That was the last time I really sped, too (obviously by speed I mean by that nature -- I do my best to stay under 5 over), so I definitely learned my lesson.

And I'm bitching in the other thread about a BS ticket that my WIFE got, not one that I got.

Get the story straight. In one instance, we're talking about someone (me) who MORE than deserved a ticket for his actions and got a warning. In another instance, we're talking about someone (my wife) who did NOT deserve the ticket for her actions, but got one.

And again... who didn't do something monumentally stupid when he/she was 17 years old? So, big difference.

Eleazar
04-08-2007, 07:35 PM
There's a difference between speeding and driving unsafely. Speeders are probably the most alert people, and the safer drivers overall. I know you have to have some kind of speed limit, and I'm not a police-basher, just saying. I bet the average person speeding gets in few accidents. Women and old people are unsafe. Clear line of demarkation there.

Simplex3
04-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Huh. My "best" was 121 in a 55. My 21st B-Day. Thankfully I didn't drink at all at the time, so the cop let me off with a 70 in a 55 so that, as he put it, he didn't have to arrest me on my birthday and wind up at work all night filling out paperwork.

He got a semi-chuckle when he asked me if I knew how fast I was going and I pointed at the speedometer (which went to 85) and said "faster than that". Truth be told I thought I was maybe doing 90. I must have turned white as a ghost when he told me how fast I was actually going.

Simplex3
04-08-2007, 08:32 PM
There's a difference between speeding and driving unsafely. Speeders are probably the most alert people, and the safer drivers overall. I know you have to have some kind of speed limit, and I'm not a police-basher, just saying. I bet the average person speeding gets in few accidents. Women and old people are unsafe. Clear line of demarkation there.
Have a family friend that was a big muckety-muck at a major insurance company. They had an internal study that they never talked about because they accidentally found out this exact thing. People going BELOW the speed limit are far, far more likely to cause an accident than those going over.

Another major factor? That dumb c**t that barely gets to the top of the on-ramp before yanking the wheel and jetting into the far left lane at a whopping 35mph. You know, so she doesn't have to deal with those cars getting on and off the highway.