PDA

View Full Version : Judging The 2004 Draft

Direckshun
04-08-2007, 09:10 PM
I believe that you can most fully judge a team's success in a particular draft from 3 years down the road.

What do you think of the Chiefs' work in 2004?

1st round -- nothin'

2nd round -- Siavii was a complete bust. Kris Wilson takes some of that sting away by finally fitting into this team as a versatile threat @ FB.

3rd round -- Keyaron Fox finally blossomed this year, proving that it takes three years to properly judge. He may or may not start someday, but he was a solid backup at OLB.

4th round -- The Chiefs got a starting WR for a couple years in Samie Parker, but he's ultimately backup material. Jared Allen was the crown jewel of the Chiefs' 2004 draft, a steal @ pick #126.

5th round -- nothin'

6th round -- WR Jeris McIntyre produced zippo for the Chiefs.

7th round -- Kevin Sampson was the 231st pick and he started a handful of games in 2006, showing some promise before injury. Played a lot better when the OLine solidified more. Pretty much all you can ask for from a 7th rounder.

===============================

Overall that looks like a pretty damn average draft. Plain vanilla.

Got a brilliant pick in Jared Allen, got a horrendous pick in Junior Siavii.

Got a couple backup quality players, got an overachiever in the 7th, and Bigfoot finally unearthed himself as a strong contributor that you'd expect from a 2nd round pick.

Bowser
04-08-2007, 09:12 PM
I'd say it was below average. We have 2 starters out of that draft, and one is in danger of losing his spot this year.

Halfcan
04-08-2007, 09:15 PM
lame draft as usual

RealSNR
04-08-2007, 09:21 PM
I'd say it was below average. We have 2 starters out of that draft, and one is in danger of losing his spot this year.Two starters? I only see Allen. Sampson just can't play in the NFL, he's not reliable. Wilson is going to have to compete for his job, and even then he's more likely to be another #2 TE receiving threat if the Chiefs find a FB.

Even then Allen may not even be on this team this year.

Halfcan
04-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Boomer will be the FB IMO.

Bowser
04-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Two starters? I only see Allen. Sampson just can't play in the NFL, he's not reliable. Wilson is going to have to compete for his job, and even then he's more likely to be another #2 TE receiving threat if the Chiefs find a FB.

Even then Allen may not even be on this team this year.

Samie Parker

RealSNR
04-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Samie ParkerIf he doesn't lose his job this offseason, the board will implode.

Halfcan
04-08-2007, 09:28 PM
PBJ Samie Parker PBJ

FYP

Mecca
04-08-2007, 09:30 PM
It's a bad draft none of the first day picks are starters other than Wilson and FB is a position being phased out that can easily be filled on day 2 if you need one.

Bowser
04-08-2007, 09:33 PM
FYP

Dammit. Are you trying to conjure him up, or what?