View Full Version : PacMan Out for Season

Stinger
04-10-2007, 11:25 AM
PacMan Out for Season and Henry our for 8 games

According to ESPN Radio ....

Link to follow Shortly

Stinger
04-10-2007, 11:28 AM
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell handed out the first suspensions under his discipline policy, banning Adam "Pacman" Jones for the entire 2007 season and Chris Henry for eight regular-season games.

The two players are suspended without pay for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy and engaging in conduct detrimental to the league on numerous occasions, the NFL announced.

After they serve their suspensions, each player must apply for reinstatement.

"We must protect the integrity of the NFL," Goodell said. "The highest standards of conduct must be met by everyone in the NFL because it is a privilege to represent the NFL, not a right. These players, and all members of our league, have to make the right choices and decisions in their conduct on a consistent basis."

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2832015)

Smed1065
04-10-2007, 11:29 AM
You beat me to it!

:banghead:

Wile_E_Coyote
04-10-2007, 11:29 AM
what do thugs do when out for the season?

~excellent work new commish, maybe I should learn & remember your name
edit:& post faster

cdcox
04-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Lucky for USC that Goodell isn't in charge of College Football.

Stinger
04-10-2007, 11:38 AM
You beat me to it!

:banghead:

:p

I will say this this a good move for the new commish. Establish himself early in his regime. Kudos for making the correct move IMO

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-10-2007, 11:39 AM
:clap:

Be good Jared....

kcxiv
04-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Good, its about time. I hope he can finally turn it around. If not for him, for his family at least.

Jared is next.

StcChief
04-10-2007, 11:43 AM
:clap: :clap: these boys will be in trouble while they are off... Too much time on there hands, until money is tight

crazycoffey
04-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I want to be the fly on the wall when Jared and his agent talk about this.......

teedubya
04-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Didnt we hear this like 3 weeks ago.

MIAdragon
04-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Wow didn’t think they would actually do that!

Halfcan
04-10-2007, 11:53 AM
and the Hammer of the Gods falls

NJ Chief Fan
04-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Stupid is, stupid does.

dirk digler
04-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Great news IMO. From what I have heard though the NFLPA is going to contest this so it will be interesting to see what happens.

2bikemike
04-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Great news IMO. From what I have heard though the NFLPA is going to contest this so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I am thinking this will hold up. I think Goodell has made all the right moves in getting player opinions and forming his commission of players. He also worked with Upshaw on this.

I believe the majority of players are getting tired of being painted with the same brush as some of the problematic players.

Rooster
04-10-2007, 12:30 PM
RIP PacMan. You'll be dead before you play in the NFL again.

GossipQueen
04-10-2007, 12:42 PM
that ho is hurtin' for a squirtin'

eazyb81
04-10-2007, 12:44 PM
They will appeal and cut these suspensions in half. No way does Pac Man miss all of next season.

kcfanXIII
04-10-2007, 01:21 PM
ha!!!! any other employer would a)not hire a thug with a record, and b) fire any that slipped through the cracks. being suspended for a year is light IMO. the NFLPA will probably whine about it, and get their way. even though there's no real base for an appeal.

"yes your honor, i know my client acted like a juvenile, and was involved in activities that put his life in danger, but a whole year? sure if he were an average kid, he'd be in jail for longer than a year, but he can play football. have you seen how fast he is?"

Crush
04-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Hopefully he can turn it around. Have a nice vacation, Adam.

kc rush
04-10-2007, 01:38 PM
I wonder if they still count against the cap?

dirk digler
04-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Jones' suspension carries the following conditions:

• He must have no more run-ins with law enforcement.

• He must comply with all required counseling, education, and treatment assigned by the NFL or the judicial system.

• He must obey the restrictions that have been agreed to by he and the Titans.

• He may not be at the Titans' facility through May 31 and may not participate in any practices or workouts during his suspension. Starting June 1, he must visit the team facility once per week to meet with the team's player development director. Also, beginning June 1, he is permitted to spend one day a week at the team facility for conditioning, film study, and other activities.

• In conjunction with the Titans, Jones must develop a structured program of community service or other activity. This program must be submitted to the NFL for approval.

Henry will be reinstated after the Bengals' eighth regular-season game if he meets the following conditions:

• He must comply with all required counseling, education, and treatment assigned by the NFL or the judicial system.

• He is allowed to be at the Bengals' facilities during the rest of the offseason and he must meet weekly with the team's player development director.

• If he fully complies with all conditions, he may participate in the training camp and Bengals preseason games.

• During the 2007 season, he must meet weekly with the team's player development director, but he may not attend or participate in practice.

• He must fully comply with all conditions imposed on him by any court, including requirements of community service.

If Jones and Henry do not fully comply with these conditions, they could be permanently banished from the NFL.

"I must emphasize to you that this is your last opportunity to salvage your NFL career," Goodell wrote to the players. "I urge you to take full advantage of the resources available to support you in that effort."

OnTheWarpath15
04-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Jones' suspension carries the following conditions:

• He must obey the restrictions that have been agreed to by he and the Titans.

• He may not be at the Titans' facility through May 31 and may not participate in any practices or workouts during his suspension. Starting June 1, he must visit the team facility once per week to meet with the team's player development director. Also, beginning June 1, he is permitted to spend one day a week at the team facility for conditioning, film study, and other activities.

• In conjunction with the Titans, Jones must develop a structured program of community service or other activity. This program must be submitted to the NFL for approval.

Henry will be reinstated after the Bengals' eighth regular-season game if he meets the following conditions:

• He is allowed to be at the Bengals' facilities during the rest of the offseason and he must meet weekly with the team's player development director.

• If he fully complies with all conditions, he may participate in the training camp and Bengals preseason games.

• During the 2007 season, he must meet weekly with the team's player development director, but he may not attend or participate in practice.

• He must fully comply with all conditions imposed on him by any court, including requirements of community service.

If Jones and Henry do not fully comply with these conditions, they could be permanently banished from the NFL.

"I must emphasize to you that this is your last opportunity to salvage your NFL career," Goodell wrote to the players. "I urge you to take full advantage of the resources available to support you in that effort."

Personally, I don't think he can accomplish that, much less the other requirements.

I hope one or both of them slip up, forcing the Commish's hand. Then MAYBE these ****ing players will realize the league means business.

Valiant
04-10-2007, 02:22 PM
RIP PacMan. You'll be dead before you play in the NFL again.

I agree, I saw by middle of summer he violated the agreement in a serious way... Hopefully it doesn't get him killed though...

Consistent1
04-11-2007, 12:17 AM
This thread was way down on the second page. It is actual NFL news, so pardon me. I think Allen deserves the same penalty as Chris. Pacman? His only issue to me is why he isn't getting on a good cycle and preparing to become one of the best DB's ever in the NFL. Test suspension, some d-bols, all good clearance times, even GH. That is how he should be rollin'....I would like to train the guy for the next year. I hope he comes back hardcore and about 10 lean lbs. heavier. Pacman does not deserve a year. Homer bullshit aside, if Tank Johnson and Allen don't get 8 games, then it is not fair. Allen could even be worse then Henry if you think about it....Flame me, but these guys should be juicing, lifting and still going out responsibly. That is the NFL brothers. And yes, plenty of Chiefs do gear, so it is not out of the ordinary. I just hate to see Jones miss a year, what a player!!!

Buns
04-11-2007, 12:22 AM
huh

Buns
04-11-2007, 12:35 AM
According to NFL.com, Henry has had four arrests in 14 months, including marijuana possession, a weapon charge, and a drunken-driving count that resulted in a guilty plea to reckless operation of a vehicle. I don't think Jared Allen is in the same classification as Henry and Pacmania.

SPchief
04-11-2007, 12:43 AM
This thread was way down on the second page. It is actual NFL news, so pardon me. I think Allen deserves the same penalty as Chris. Pacman? His only issue to me is why he isn't getting on a good cycle and preparing to become one of the best DB's ever in the NFL. Test suspension, some d-bols, all good clearance times, even GH. That is how he should be rollin'....I would like to train the guy for the next year. I hope he comes back hardcore and about 10 lean lbs. heavier. Pacman does not deserve a year. Homer bullshit aside, if Tank Johnson and Allen don't get 8 games, then it is not fair. Allen could even be worse then Henry if you think about it....Flame me, but these guys should be juicing, lifting and still going out responsibly. That is the NFL brothers. And yes, plenty of Chiefs do gear, so it is not out of the ordinary. I just hate to see Jones miss a year, what a player!!!

Your and idiot.

Consistent1
04-11-2007, 12:45 AM
According to NFL.com, Henry has had four arrests in 14 months, including marijuana possession, a weapon charge, and a drunken-driving count that resulted in a guilty plea to reckless operation of a vehicle. I don't think Jared Allen is in the same classification as Henry and Pacmania.

But JA had TWO DUI's in a short period of time. He does not have the "gangsta" offense type stuff, no, but many would think that is very bad. I say no suspension for any of them. They all have talent, who gives a **** about role models for kids? Most people are liars, role models for kids are parents. If anything, Pacman and Henry should be forced to show up early to prep for games, and not miss any games period. if I spend any money on tickets, hats, etc....I want the ballers like Allen and Pacman out there. I could care less what legal problems they have, they should be FORCED to play. The people that like these suspensions are the haters that don't like what these brothers make in a year....

jlscorpio
04-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Pacman will never play in the NFL again. Asking him to have no more run-in's with the law while off for a year is like asking a dog to never lick its balls again. I would pay money to read his "Community Service" plan he submits to the NFL. I'm so ****ing sick of hearing these hard-luck stories about the A-holes, and how they came up so hard in the streets of the A-T-L, or wherever. If you don't cut ties with the losers you grew up with, you will end up right beside them, dead. Good riddance, Crapman

Consistent1
04-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Your and idiot.

And youz speellz really well faggot....

SPchief
04-11-2007, 12:48 AM
Allright, whose dupe account is this?

Consistent1
04-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Allright, whose dupe account is this?

Sorry, it was actually a mistake in grammer, but the point is the same. If you wanna play in the NFL, you have to be a pretty hardcore individual. All the ego, juice, etc....How many guys on the Chiefs are on regular steroid cycles that easily avoid the tests? The answer is...DRUM ROLL....the exact same amount as any other team...almost all of them. Get the money while you can. Pacman is a bad mother, like it or not. I can't imagine what he would be like if he took the game seriously. A real freak talent. I would love to see him get ten pounds bigger, pass all the drug tests, and come back and make all the haters pay. He will IMO.....

jlscorpio
04-11-2007, 01:24 AM
Tell me one player in NFL history that came back strong after a year off...

BWillie
04-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Wow, pretty big punishmen just for having friends that are complete dbags. Sucks to be Pacman. He should learn to rid himself of these lawless hooligans and discloses minor offenses before the NFL fines him.

Consistent1
04-11-2007, 01:39 AM
Tell me one player in NFL history that came back strong after a year off...

Well, he should not have to. Honestly, if the truth be told, the NFL GM types would love to have all Sean Taylor, Pac-Man..Jared Allen types. Guys who just don't give a ****, hit, and make plays. The PC media wants to make them all seem bad, but I say make them all perform. It is like Gladiator...pussies are not going to make it. If you can party and do all that shit and still do well, then you are awesome. If they were not making a bunch of money, you would all want them to have to go to work as part of the "reformation" process. Just because they make bank, people want to ban them. **** that, give me the best players, no need for boys that sing church songs...if they aren't doing gear and ****ing chicks up the ass, no need to be in the NFL...

jlscorpio
04-11-2007, 01:42 AM
have you ever heard of Decaf?

Consistent1
04-11-2007, 01:52 AM
have you ever heard of Decaf?

Lol..no, but I have heard of Clen...Ha, ha..Seriously, if Pacman didn't have his "record", who here would not want him? He makes D. Hall look slow, and plays D like a mother. Sadly, in the end, I think that if the suspensions go like they have, Allen deserves 6-8 games for having DUI's so close together. Fair is fair.

SPchief
04-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Lol..no, but I have heard of Clen...Ha, ha..Seriously, if Pacman didn't have his "record", who here would not want him? He makes D. Hall look slow, and plays D like a mother. Sadly, in the end, I think that if the suspensions go like they have, Allen deserves 6-8 games for having DUI's so close together. Fair is fair.

Are you high?

teedubya
04-11-2007, 02:00 AM
Sorry, it was actually a mistake in grammer, but the point is the same. If you wanna play in the NFL, you have to be a pretty hardcore individual. All the ego, juice, etc....How many guys on the Chiefs are on regular steroid cycles that easily avoid the tests? The answer is...DRUM ROLL....the exact same amount as any other team...almost all of them. Get the money while you can. Pacman is a bad mother, like it or not. I can't imagine what he would be like if he took the game seriously. A real freak talent. I would love to see him get ten pounds bigger, pass all the drug tests, and come back and make all the haters pay. He will IMO.....

It's GRAMMAR, I tell you... Your and idiot!!11

SPchief
04-11-2007, 02:07 AM

I think it's a dupe account. The registration date throws me that way

Consistent1
04-11-2007, 02:12 AM
Are you high?

No, Pacman is an elite player, and Henry and Allen are good. I would take all of them. I grew up looking up to Dr. K and the "Straw-Man". Those guys were pussies in the end. They had pub out the ass. They had many, many chances as should Pac-Man, Jared, etc. Let the best guys play. Buy less jerseys, tickets, etc, but let them play. It is a circus, let the freaks go...but wait..it is not popular because they make big cash. Let the thugs roll, it is not a game for girls. I have a battery charge right now that is going to get dropped due to me not being wrong....but I still have to go to work. I may buy a Pacman jersey now honestly. I posted a pic of myself that does not seem to be here anymore in search...but I am no chump either...let the players go at it. I will post another, not another fat 40 something planet homo. If people don't buy tickets then fine. How many actors and such, have been in rehab and still make bank? Tons, and tons..really. Give me Pacman on my team anyday, and Henry, and JA....

Consistent1
04-11-2007, 02:13 AM
No, Pacman is an elite player, and Henry and Allen are good. I would take all of them. I grew up looking up to Dr. K and the "Straw-Man". Those guys were pussies in the end. They had pub out the ass. They had many, many chances as should Pac-Man, Jared, etc. Let the best guys play. Buy less jerseys, tickets, etc, but let them play. It is a circus, let the freaks go...but wait..it is not popular because they make big cash. Let the thugs roll, it is not a game for girls. I have a battery charge right now that is going to get dropped due to me not being wrong....but I still have to go to work. I may buy a Pacman jersey now honestly. I posted a pic of myself that does not seem to be here anymore in search...but I am no chump either...let the players got at it. I will post another, not another fat 40 something planet homo. If people don't buy tickets then fine. How many actors and such, have been in rehab and still make bank? Tons, and tons..really. Give me Pacman on my team anyday, and Henry, and JA....

Here is the pic, I am not cluesless when it comes to bringing it...

SPchief
04-11-2007, 02:19 AM
I predict this thread to be 100+ by 5pm tommorow.

Consistent1
04-11-2007, 02:20 AM

I cannot be perfect, but you do have a basketball avatar, now those are the thugs who don't work hard, and smoke the most weed....and you know this. Damn genetics, huh? I will have my spelling coach come on here to help me....Ha, ha...and yes, maybe I did start it, but it was a MINOR mistake you picked out my brother...

SPchief
04-11-2007, 02:23 AM
I cannot be perfect, but you do have a basketball avatar, now those are the thugs who don't work hard, and smoke the most weed....and you know this. Damn genetics, huh? I will have my spelling coach come on here to help me....Ha, ha...and yes, maybe I did start it, but it was a MINOR mistake you picked out my brother...

cough Gochiefs cough

Consistent1
04-11-2007, 02:28 AM
I predict this thread to be 100+ by 5pm tommorow.

It won't be anywhere but the second page where I dug it up. If Henry gets an 8 gamer, does JA deserve it for two DUI's in a short timeframe? Yeah, he does. That said, MAKE them all play and give the money to poor kids. They are better off doing that, mistakes don't make people any less valuable over the long haul, and these guys are costing themselves a ton. Give them $50,000 a year salary like a middle class dude, and donate the rest, but still MAKE them play. It is almost a responsibility.

Easy 6
04-11-2007, 06:09 AM
Great move Roger :clap: :clap: :clap: ...pacman will totally implode during his hiatus & i wont have to hear about this straight loser ever again...

alanm
04-11-2007, 06:50 AM
Pacman will never play in the NFL again. Asking him to have no more run-in's with the law while off for a year is like asking a dog to never lick its balls again. I would pay money to read his "Community Service" plan he submits to the NFL. I'm so ****ing sick of hearing these hard-luck stories about the A-holes, and how they came up so hard in the streets of the A-T-L, or wherever. If you don't cut ties with the losers you grew up with, you will end up right beside them, dead. Good riddance, Crapman
Pacman will most likely be let go by the Titan's on June 1st. :)

Consistent1
04-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Waka, waka, waka...F u c k the haters Adam. Lift, juice, and come back, and return punts, and kicks like no other. Oh yeah, kick ass on D too...I hope he goes to the Skins to be in the same defensive backfield as S to the Muther- Fuggin T...Sean Taylor. Thug life baby. Those two would pick off passes, and tap chicks asses. I am serious guys, the real characters make the game fun. Waka, waka, waka...make Nelly take the fall next time homey!

Easy 6
04-12-2007, 04:22 AM
Waka, waka, waka...F u c k the haters Adam. Lift, juice, and come back, and return punts, and kicks like no other. Oh yeah, kick ass on D too...I hope he goes to the Skins to be in the same defensive backfield as S to the Muther- Fuggin T...Sean Taylor. Thug life baby. Those two would pick off passes, and tap chicks asses. I am serious guys, the real characters make the game fun. Waka, waka, waka...make Nelly take the fall next time homey!

You remind me of what Kris Jenkins said about Warren Sapp..."He talks too much, he doesnt make any sense, he's sloppy..."

What if it was your sister this guy punched in the face???

Maybe it was your brother who was shot & paralyzed by him or his crew outside the club???

Characters DO make this game fun, sadly for pacman, he doesnt have any character.

trndobrd
04-12-2007, 08:02 AM

When did Herbert Korfeld start showing up on the Planet?

Consistent1
04-12-2007, 02:27 PM
You remind me of what Kris Jenkins said about Warren Sapp..."He talks too much, he doesnt make any sense, he's sloppy..."

What if it was your sister this guy punched in the face???

Maybe it was your brother who was shot & paralyzed by him or his crew outside the club???

Characters DO make this game fun, sadly for pacman, he doesnt have any character.

See now, I give you that guns are a serious problem. Way too glamorized, and very dangerous message for kids, etc. If you are going to go blaze it up, and hit the bottle, don't be strapped. Jones didn't shoot anybody, but he is prolly guilty of having influence over some people. Still though, does that make them shoot somebody? Not if they are smart. I don't even think Pacman hit that bitch did he? Plus, they tried to gank him out of a lot of money. It wasn't like he was at a religious function, the others there are shady characters also. A lot of his other shit is petty stuff like weed, which tons of people that we all work with smoke like crazy on a daily basis. Like I said, let Jones play, give him $50,000 to make his car payments, bills, and shit, and donate the rest to kids programs, or charities. That would be well over a million bucks that the Titans could donate to help the situation out, and Jones would have to run the risk of getting injured playing for peanuts. If he don't wanna play it that way, fine then, make his ass sit out period. He still is one of the best returners and DB's in the whole league, hate to see him out for a year to get in more bad suituations. Lift hard Pacman, lift hard bro....