PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs vs. Packers - Help from locals

The Poz
04-11-2007, 10:23 AM
So My friend (Packers fan) and I will be making the trip for the November 4th game from Toronto.

Just need some help with locations in the city to shack up for a couple nights.
We're looking for a lively part of town - bars (sports bars, clubs, nudie bars, etc.) An area of town that can accomodate our needs with some decent hotels near by. Cost of the hotel or distance to the stadium isn't much of a concern.

Thanks.

StcChief
04-11-2007, 10:47 AM
you wanna be downtown Westport/Plaza area, college kids, music seen, some T-bars near by?

ChiefsCountry
04-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Westport/Plaza Area

The Poz
04-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks guys,
thinking about staying at either the Holiday Inn Express or the Quarterage hotel. They're both in the area.

chiefqueen
04-11-2007, 11:54 AM
MAKE YOUR HOTEL/MOTEL RESERVATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!

The first two weekend in November are the busiest weekends for the American Royal. The hotels WILL SELL OUT that weekend. Plus the situation will be aggrivated if KU is playing @ home on 11/3.

BigRedChief
04-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Westport/Plaza Area
Thats the ticket. Holiday inn express and Quaterage are close and about the same level of service so whichever is cheaper.

You guys can come to my tailgate. We always have visiting fans stop by. It's right by the tee-pee gang and down front so its a "happening" spot. Wellll as long as you don't bring any Brewers gear...

broncoholic
04-11-2007, 12:16 PM
**cough**Body Shop**cough**

The Poz
04-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Just booked at the Quarterage Hotel for the 3rd to the 5th of November.

CanadianChief
04-11-2007, 12:51 PM
So My friend (Packers fan) and I will be making the trip for the November 4th game from Toronto.

Just need some help with locations in the city to shack up for a couple nights.
We're looking for a lively part of town - bars (sports bars, clubs, nudie bars, etc.) An area of town that can accomodate our needs with some decent hotels near by. Cost of the hotel or distance to the stadium isn't much of a concern.

Thanks.

Dude...Check out The Outhouse!!!! It's in Lawrence but worth the drive.

We went to Kelly's Pub and America's Bar the past two years when we drove down to KC. Had a good time at both from what I can remember.

The Poz
04-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Dude...Check out The Outhouse!!!! It's in Lawrence but worth the drive.

We went to Kelly's Pub and America's Bar the past two years when we drove down to KC. Had a good time at both from what I can remember.

Wow, just checked out some reviews on The Outhouse. Sounds like my kinda place.
Thanks dude!

Lookin' forward to partying in KC when the time comes.