PDA

View Full Version : Sutton nixes WSU

Skip Towne
04-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Scott Sutton declined an interview in Wichita after a couple of phone conversations with the WSU AD. I don't blame him for not wanting to leave Tulsa for Wichita.

Saulbadguy
04-11-2007, 06:06 PM
How embarrassing for WSU. :)

Extra Point
04-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Sutton doesn't want to jump off the gravy train. He wouldn't want to interview for a job he wouldn't get.

Skip Towne
04-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Sutton doesn't want to jump off the gravy train. He wouldn't want to interview for a job he wouldn't get.
Yeah, whoever WSU gets will be so much better than Sutton.

greg63
04-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Too bad for WSU.

Skip Towne
04-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Too bad for WSU.
This is a train wreck of KSU proportions.

Skip Towne
04-11-2007, 08:41 PM
So who are the front runners for the WSU job now?

milkman
04-11-2007, 08:50 PM
So who are the front runners for the WSU job now?

The head coach at Southeast High?

WilliamTheIrish
04-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Nobody has talked to Mark Fox? C'mon!! He's mark Fox!!!

WilliamTheIrish
04-11-2007, 08:53 PM
That said, if they should happen to pry Greg Marshall away, that would be a great hire.

Skip Towne
04-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Nobody has talked to Mark Fox? C'mon!! He's mark Fox!!!
I trolled for almost two hours before I landed you. I read about Fox a little. What is the story on him?

Skip Towne
04-11-2007, 08:56 PM
The head coach at Southeast High?
I thought East had better basketball teams.

WilliamTheIrish
04-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Shockernet is making laugh tonight:

Skip Towne
04-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Shockernet is making laugh tonight:
Chiefaroo told me they gave Turgeon all of the Koch brothers' money to stay. Guess it wasn't enough. It wouldn't be for me if I had to live in Wichita.

WilliamTheIrish
04-11-2007, 09:04 PM
I trolled for almost two hours before I landed you. I read about Fox a little. What is the story on him?

Sorry. Busy night(s).

Fox was a KSU assistant under Asbury. After they were canned, Fox bounced around and landed at Nevada. The coach there left for bigger $ and left Fox with AA Fazekas, and the two guards Sessions and Kemp (all WAC players).

He's a good coach. But I don't want him. He doesn't want to come back either. He's from Garden City. He made Sports Illustrated during conference tourney week:

Funny story.

Police: Nevada's Fox abusive, profane (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/ncaa/03/13/nevada.fox.ap/index.html)

ChiefaRoo
04-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Chiefaroo told me they gave Turgeon all of the Koch brothers' money to stay. Guess it wasn't enough. It wouldn't be for me if I had to live in Wichita.

Skip I never said that. I've been watching you troll. In fact I've had the back of your head in my sniper scope all night but have chosen not to pull the trigger. Here's a picture I took of you earlier from my perch.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/buyingguy/skip.jpg

Let's just see how it all works out. The only thing the AD here is saying is the coach will have D1 HC experience and will have D1 NCAA tournament experience.

WilliamTheIrish
04-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Skip I never said that. I've been watching you troll. In fact I've had the back of your head in my sniper scope all night but have chosen not to pull the trigger. Here's a picture I took of you earlier from my perch.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/buyingguy/skip.jpg

Let's just see how it all works out. The only thing the AD here is saying is the coach will have D1 HC experience and will have D1 NCAA tournament experience.

That's a nice combo. What's the story on WSU/Turg recruits?

Skip Towne
04-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Sorry. Busy night(s).

Fox was a KSU assistant under Asbury. After they were canned, Fox bounced around and landed at Nevada. The coach there left for bigger $ and left Fox with AA Fazekas, and the two guards Sessions and Kemp (all WAC players).

He's a good coach. But I don't want him. He doesn't want to come back either. He's from Garden City. He made Sports Illustrated during conference tourney week:

Funny story.

Police: Nevada's Fox abusive, profane (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/ncaa/03/13/nevada.fox.ap/index.html)
Whoa! That is out of control. We don't need him in Kansas. I read on another thread that his wife worked in the KSU Athletic Dept. and she made an ass of herself upon her exit.

ChiefaRoo
04-11-2007, 09:19 PM

Turg and WSU's AD conference called all of the recruits together and Turg urged all of them to be patient as WSU will have a coach in place quickly. This story comes from the AD's news conference yesterday. Unless he's BS'ing it would seem Turg has no interest in taking the recruits with him. The AD also said they would have a coach in no more than a week. ( I paraphrase but that's the gyst of it).

WilliamTheIrish
04-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Whoa! That is out of control. We don't need him in Kansas. I read on another thread that his wife worked in the KSU Athletic Dept. and she made an ass of herself upon her exit.

She's Associate AD at Nevada.
I always take that wife story with a truckload of salt. Maybe it's true. maybe not. The real truth always seems to lay in the middle. The KSU athletic department has always been an organizational mess. They have trouble doing the simplest tasks.

Skip Towne
04-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Turg and WSU's AD conference called all of the recruits together and Turg urged all of them to be patient as WSU will have a coach in place quickly. This story comes from the AD's news conference yesterday. Unless he's BS'ing it would seem Turg has no interest in taking the recruits with him. The AD also said they would have a coach in no more than a week. ( I paraphrase but that's the gyst of it).
Hahahahahahaha. Now this is funny. Your already shitty team has no coach and your recruits (such as they may be) are bolting. I'm sure you will come up with someone from Northeast Alabama A&I to save the day. Your and idiot.

ChiefaRoo
04-11-2007, 09:28 PM

Right now WSU has four signed LOI's with another Verbal on a Juco big man 6'-8" 260lbs and possibly another 6'7" wing player. The signed kids are

Graham Hatch 6'-4" SG
Denzel Bowles 6'-9" C
Evan Baker 6'-4" SG
Guy Alang N'tang 6'7" SF

Oral Commitment is a kid named Brandon Sampay. I think he's an Okie JC originally from the hood in LA.

ChiefaRoo
04-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Hahahahahahaha. Now this is funny. Your already shitty team has no coach and your recruits (such as they may be) are bolting. I'm sure you will come up with someone from Northeast Alabama A&I to save the day. Your and idiot.

I'm just telling Bill what has been on TV Skipper. You're not allowed to comment.

PS - Don't make me snipe you

Skip Towne
04-11-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm just telling Bill what has been on TV Skipper. You're not allowed to comment.

PS - Don't make me snipe you
rochambeau Take that!

Pitt Gorilla
04-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Hahahahahahaha. Now this is funny. Your already shitty team has no coach and your recruits (such as they may be) are bolting. I'm sure you will come up with someone from Northeast Alabama A&I to save the day. Your and idiot.I suppose they could hire a sleazy former HS coach with no collegiate head coaching experience.

ChiTown
04-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I suppose they could hire a sleazy former HS coach with no collegiate head coaching experience.

LOL

WilliamTheIrish
04-11-2007, 09:52 PM
I suppose they could hire a sleazy former HS coach with no collegiate head coaching experience.

Poor PittGo. KSU will sweep you again next season.

ChiefaRoo
04-11-2007, 10:51 PM
According to the Wichita Eagle this pm WSU is talking to Gregg Marshall at Winthrop.

Pitt Gorilla
04-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Poor PittGo. KSU will sweep you again next season.You know, not everything is about you (and your little team). That is, unless you see some similarities.
:)

Abba-Dabba
04-12-2007, 01:31 AM
It will never happen. But, I'd really like to see Steve Eck. He's earned a bigger jump. At this point WSU has nothing to lose. Turgeon and the other coachess are gone. The recruits have publicly said they are now leaning against WSU. Gal Meckel doesn't know if he will even return from Israel. PJ is looking into the NBA. Looks pretty bleak. It took Turgeon 7yrs to build what he had at WSU, took him one day to tear it all down.

Anyway, alittle history on Steve Eck.

March 19, 2007
Cowley hires coaching legend Steve Eck as head men's basketball coach

Named by the Wichita Eagle as one of the 11 greatest coaches in Kansas in the 20th Century, coaching legend Steve Eck was named the new head men’s basketball coach at Cowley College on Monday.
Eck replaces Brian Jackson as head coach of the Tigers as Jackson announced his resignation one day after Cowley’s season came to an end with a 71-69 loss to Garden City in the First-Round of the Region VI Tournament.

Eck is excited about coming to Cowley.

"It's a good school that has a good tradition and a good administration," Eck said. "This was a good opportunity for me to get back to Kansas."

Eck comes to Cowley from Redlands (Okla.) Community College where he led the Cougars to the 2001-02 NJCAA Division II national championship in his first year as head coach. During his second season, Redlands moved to the Division I level and won the Region II championship and advanced to the NJCAA Division I Tournament, making it the first time a school moved from Division II to Division I and made the National Tournament their first year.

In six years at Redlands, Eck compiled a record of 182 wins and only 22 losses. This past season, the Cougars finished 30-2 and were ranked No. 1 in the NJCAA poll for three weeks. Overall, in 29 years as a head coach, Eck has a record of 590 wins and 78 losses. Tom Saia, Cowley College athletic director, is looking forward to having Eck in charge of the Tiger men’s basketball program.

“I think we have got the top community college coach in the country,” Saia said. Prior to coaching at Redlands, Eck went 80-22 in three years as head coach at Butler Community College. While at Butler, Eck guided his team to an eight-week hold on the top ranking in the national NJCAA poll, and was the first coach in school history to lead his team to a regional championship in his first two years.

Eck is probably most well known for the success he had prior to coaching at the junior college level as he led Wichita South High School to an incredible 10 consecutive Wichita City League titles from 1986-1996. During that time, Wichita South posted a staggering record of 227-15, including a 153-7 mark in league play. His teams reached the state Final Four eight consecutive seasons, winning six state championships.
Wichita South still holds the city league record of 51 straight consecutive wins in league action. Eck is listed as the highest winning percentage coach of high school coaches in the country with at least 200 wins.

Eck also served as the Associate Head Coach at NCAA Division I University of Missouri-Kansas City during the 1999-2000 season, where he helped revive the UMKC program.

UMKC was 8-22 prior to Eck’s arrival, and during Eck’s season as Associate Head Coach, UMKC posted a 16-12 overall record, including a 10-6 mark in conference play. Along with his team's success on the court, Redlands had the highest team grade point average in NJCAA Division I four years (2001-02 to 2005-06) in a row. Also every sophomore Eck coached at Redlands graduated and received a scholarship to play at the next level.

Extra Point
04-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Steve Eck would be a great pick for WSU. I wish he or Scotty Wedman would head coach UMKC.