PDA

View Full Version : Does KC have a shot at the Preds?

Pitt Gorilla
04-11-2007, 09:23 PM
They look like a pretty solid, but older, team. Any thoughts?

DenverChief
04-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Nashville Predators? I'm assuming? It's better than nothin...what Basketball teams are lookin at KC or are you hoping for an expansion team?

Sully
04-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Just like any existing team.. it's a shot, but a long shot.
Might as well root for them to lose in the first round.

However, the prevailing theory is that in 2010 there will be 2 expansion NHL teams.

Anything to keep the NBA from coming to town.

DenverChief
04-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Anything to keep the NBA from coming to town.

Why????

stlchiefs
04-11-2007, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=Sully]

However, the prevailing theory is that in 2010 there will be 2 expansion NHL teams.

QUOTE]

2010? There are going to be some pissed off people in KC if the Spring Center doesn't have an anchor tenant before 2010. FU Super Mario.

Simplex3
Why????
We have enough nappy headed ho's in KC.

:D

stlchiefs

[QUOTE]

2010? There are going to be some pissed off people in KC if the Spring Center doesn't have an anchor tenant before 2010. FU Super Mario.

Simplex3
04-11-2007, 09:34 PM
"If you build it, they will come..."

LMAO

Stupid f**king KCMO...

LMAO

stlchiefs
04-11-2007, 09:35 PM

[QUOTE]

One more time for good measure. I don't think I've f'ed up this thread enough.

Sully
04-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Why????
I think it's a bad sport.
Also, it doesn't draw as well as the NHL, believe it or not.

DenverChief
04-11-2007, 09:36 PM

jeebus h kristo

get it figured out francis

stlchiefs
04-11-2007, 09:37 PM
I would also favor an NHL team. If I was able to move back to KC, I'd definitely get some tickets: NHL that is. NBA can suck my nappy hairs.

DenverChief
Also, it doesn't draw as well as the NHL, believe it or not.

depends are you talking about TV ratings as a sport or ticket sales?

Simplex3
im in ur keyboardz stealin' ur postz.

stlchiefs
04-11-2007, 09:38 PM
jeebus h kristo

get it figured out francis

Only my mom calls me by my middle name and I haven't heard that in years.

Sully
04-11-2007, 09:40 PM
depends are you talking about TV ratings as a sport or ticket sales?
Pretty obviously ticket sales.

DenverChief
04-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Pretty obviously ticket sales.

:shrug: Basketball is a good sport you just need a good team to cheer for

Fish
04-11-2007, 09:51 PM
:shrug: Hockey is a good sport you just need a good team to cheer for

FYP?

Sully
04-11-2007, 09:56 PM
:shrug: Basketball is a good sport you just need a good team to cheer for
From what I can tell there are only 2 teams that run a style that is halfway interesting.
Problem is, the rest of the teams that they are playing don't.

It's 10x more boring than college ball... a much more entertaining, flowing, team-oriented product.

DaWolf
04-11-2007, 10:37 PM
From what I can tell there are only 2 teams that run a style that is halfway interesting.
Problem is, the rest of the teams that they are playing don't.

It's 10x more boring than college ball... a much more entertaining, flowing, team-oriented product.

I dunno about that. The NBA is filled with great young stars and I'd go out and watch it in KC. When you've got LeBron or Kobe or Wade coming to town or the Mavs or the Suns, that's pretty entertaining ball. I go often to Warriors games. They have sucked for the better part of the last 12 years. But it is entertaining each time.

Plus, it might even help with recruiting for all the local teams.

And best of all, it gives us something that St Loser doesn't have...

Sully
04-11-2007, 10:43 PM
I dunno about that. The NBA is filled with great young stars and I'd go out and watch it in KC. When you've got LeBron or Kobe or Wade coming to town or the Mavs or the Suns, that's pretty entertaining ball. I go often to Warriors games. They have sucked for the better part of the last 12 years. But it is entertaining each time.

Plus, it might even help with recruiting for all the local teams.

And best of all, it gives us something that St Loser doesn't have...
:shrug:
I don't know what to tell you.
It's obviously an argument of personal preference. I've laid out many times why I think the NBA wouldn't work in KC as well as hockey, but the bottom line is that I believe that when you combine the regular season and playoffs, the type of people who play, and the type of fans hockey brings, you get a MUCH better product with the NHL. Add to that it outsells NBA, and that's where I get my decision.
I'm sure if there was an NBA team near me, I'd go to one or two games a year, and enjoy myself due to the spectacle... But I don't think the NBA has nearly s many DIE HARD fans as the NHL does.

ChiefsCountry
04-11-2007, 11:31 PM
The main thing I think would hurt the NBA here is people would only show up for the "big" draws like a Kobe, Lebron, pick a KU star game etc.

DaWolf
04-12-2007, 01:15 AM
:shrug:
I don't know what to tell you.
It's obviously an argument of personal preference. I've laid out many times why I think the NBA wouldn't work in KC as well as hockey, but the bottom line is that I believe that when you combine the regular season and playoffs, the type of people who play, and the type of fans hockey brings, you get a MUCH better product with the NHL. Add to that it outsells NBA, and that's where I get my decision.
I'm sure if there was an NBA team near me, I'd go to one or two games a year, and enjoy myself due to the spectacle... But I don't think the NBA has nearly s many DIE HARD fans as the NHL does.

Well I would agree that makeup-wise, KC would probably make a better hockey town than an NBA town. We like more of a blue collar type attitude with our teams and many NBA players come off sounding like primaddonas. Plus you've probably got a better economic structure in the NHL for a KC franchise to succeed.

Still, I don't necessarily think that means the NBA wouldn't work in KC...

Logical
04-12-2007, 01:21 AM
Also, it doesn't draw as well as the NHL, believe it or not.Tell the Lakers, Knicks, Maverics, Spurs, Jazz and Celtics.ROFL

DenverChief
04-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Tell the Lakers, Knicks, Maverics, Spurs, Jazz and Celtics.ROFL

Detroit, Denver, Seattle (Pistons, Nuggets, Supersonics)

04-12-2007, 01:32 AM
We have enough nappy headed ho's in KC.

:D
Thanks for visiting IMUS.

DaWolf
04-12-2007, 03:01 AM
Tell the Lakers, Knicks, Maverics, Spurs, Jazz and Celtics.ROFL
Hell the aforementioned Warriors haven't been to the playoffs in what, 12 years, since the Run TMC days, and they've still been selling out year after year. You wanna talk about hardcore loyal fans...