PDA

View Full Version : There are going to be a lot of dissapointed folks on this board when...

|Zach|
04-11-2007, 11:12 PM
The Chiefs do pretty well for themselves this year. This team will play hard each week and do some good things. I look forward to this season.

Huffman83
04-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Thank you!

That's exactly what I've been saying!

Huffman83
04-11-2007, 11:14 PM
However we will definately look like tools if they're right.

But here's to you!

Rausch
04-11-2007, 11:25 PM
"What's going to happen?"

"SOMETHING WONDERFUL..."

|Zach|
04-11-2007, 11:26 PM
"What's going to happen?"

"SOMETHING WONDERFUL..."I have no doubt.

ChiefsCountry
04-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Well its an odd year and historically the Chiefs have done well on odd years.

Huffman83
04-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Well its an odd year and historically the Chiefs have done well on odd years.

ahhh the suspicious nature of sports fans.

how nice!

But I think you're right.

Mecca
04-11-2007, 11:29 PM
I'll decide after the draft what I think.

OnTheWarpath15
04-11-2007, 11:35 PM

Yep. Right now, things are looking positive, IMO.

That can change after draft day, after camp, any other FA signings, trades, etc.

Things were looking pretty good last year before Wille retired, Welbourne was suspended and Trent's head was turned to mush.....

And we still did pretty damn good, considering.

Mecca
04-11-2007, 11:37 PM
All I know is if Eric Hicks or Ryan Sims is still on the roster I will not have alot of positive things to say.

Huffman83
04-11-2007, 11:39 PM
All I know is if Eric Hicks or Ryan Sims is still on the roster I will not have alot of positive things to say.

Good point.

|Zach|
04-11-2007, 11:45 PM
All I know is if Eric Hicks or Ryan Sims is still on the roster I will not have alot of positive things to say.Of course you don't you are the king of message board sports culture.

Huffman83
04-11-2007, 11:46 PM
ohh snap.

ChiefsFanatic
04-11-2007, 11:49 PM
However we will definately look like tools if they're right.

Herm Edwards is The Tool. Obviously I hope I am wrong, but I just think that with Herm at the helm, we are looking at a down year, every year he is here.

We suck, relatively speaking, all year, we back into the playoffs with one of the most unlikely Sundays in NFL history, and he acts like he knew the secret the whole time.

I can't stand him, and after each of his press conferences, he seems to get dumber and dumber.

|Zach|
04-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Herm Edwards is The Tool. Obviously I hope I am wrong, but I just think that with Herm at the helm, we are looking at a down year, every year he is here.

We suck, relatively speaking, all year, we back into the playoffs with one of the most unlikely Sundays in NFL history, and he acts like he knew the secret the whole time.

I can't stand him, and after each of his press conferences, he seems to get dumber and dumber.
How did we back into the playoffs? Who deserved to be in the playoffs more than us?

The team that lost to the 49ers?

We won our games. They didn't.

crazycoffey
04-11-2007, 11:54 PM

when have you had "a lot of positive things to say" about the chiefs?

well over the last 3 1/2 months anyway......

:p

FAX
04-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Interesting, Mr. |Zach|.

I think it's fair to say that no one could be more pessimistic about life with Herm than I. Still, I would much rather win than be right about that.

I am a Chiefs fan. I want the Chiefs to be victorious each and every week. I want to clobber Faiders, club Goats, and urinate on Dolts all day and all night MaryAnne. I would be very surprised if any Chiefs fan would feel differently about it.

FAX

Huffman83
All I'm remembering now is the Herm quote.

"WE WON THE GAMES THAT WE HAD TO WIN!" or something to that effect.

However I find it funny the year before the Chiefs go 10-6 and don't make it to the playoffs, yet the year we squeek by at 9-7 and lose to teams like the Browns.

I don't get it either.

Phobia
Yeah, because the average NFL fan can determine how draft picks will perform on the field the moment the draft concludes.

Huffman83
04-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Yeah, because the average NFL fan can determine how draft picks will perform on the field the moment the draft concludes.
And a chill filled the room.

Silock
04-12-2007, 12:01 AM

Come on, Phob! You know as well as I do that every fan that posts on a message board can run an NFL team better than their teams' coaches can!

ChiefsFanatic
04-12-2007, 12:02 AM
How did we back into the playoffs? Who deserved to be in the playoffs more than us?

Yes, we won the games. But if you think that it was likely that the Broncos lose, at home, on the last weekend, then you are kidding yourself.

And, do you think that the 9-7 team was better than the 10-6 team?

Silock
And a chill filled the room.

Karl Rove. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL!

crazycoffey
Interesting, Mr. |Zach|.

I think it's fair to say that no one could be more pessimistic about life with Herm than I. Still, I would much rather win than be right about that.

I am a Chiefs fan. I want the Chiefs to be victorious each and every week. I want to clobber Faiders, club Goats, and urinate on Dolts all day and all night MaryAnne. I would be very surprised if any Chiefs fan would feel differently about it.

FAX

I remember starting a thread saying this very idea is what a chiefs' fan is supposed to hold as his #1 priority.

some on this board said I was stupid to hold those thoughts.

BTW - I'm more optimistic about herm than I was about DV, and I loved DV coming in to Arrowhead.......

Silock
04-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Yes, we won the games. But if you think that it was likely that the Broncos lose, at home, on the last weekend, then you are kidding yourself.

Likely or not, they didn't do it.

Direckshun
04-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Likely or not, they didn't do it.
Quoted for truth.

crazycoffey
04-12-2007, 12:06 AM

I think many people tend to forget that it is your overall winning column that takes you to the playoffs, not the final two games of the season.

the marathon, not the sprinter, will win.

this is what happened, we won our games and they didn't, I hate the "backed into the playoffs" mentality. It destroyed our playoff game! the players buy into this idea and they fall flat when they shouldn't have.....

|Zach|

Who cares how likely it was? Thats what happened. If you beat a team the unlikely nature of that win changes nothing. You think the Colts aren't happy about their SB win bc it wasn't likely?

Who deserved to be in the playoffs more than the Chiefs?

Huffman83
I will say this about last years playoffs.

I'm glad it was us at least getting to the playoffs than us bitching at how the Donks got in.

Silock
04-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Who cares how likely it was? Thats what happened. If you beat a team and the unlikely nature of that win changes nothing. You think the Colts aren't happy about their SB win bc it wasn't likely?

The Boston Red Sox.

Wait.... sorry, been watching too much ESPN.

crazycoffey
04-12-2007, 12:09 AM
the rules of football playoff births are quite simple....

the NFL gives each team 16 games to win enough to make it in. If you don't win early or if you don't win late, you don't make it.

they didn't make it. They failed the test, they are losers.

FAX
04-12-2007, 12:10 AM
I remember starting a thread saying this very idea is what a chiefs' fan is supposed to hold as his #1 priority.

some on this board said I was stupid to hold those thoughts.

BTW - I'm more optimistic about herm than I was about DV, and I loved DV coming in to Arrowhead.......

Unfortunately, we post among an out of control, nappy-headed, anti-homer culture, Mr. crazycoffey. We should suspend ourselves for two weeks or poke a pop in our own ass cap in protest.

FAX

crazycoffey
04-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Unfortunately, we post among an out of control, nappy-headed, anti-homer culture, Mr. crazycoffey. We should suspend ourselves for two weeks or poke a pop in our own ass cap in protest.

FAX

not a fun option.

ROFL

you truely slay me.....

el borracho
04-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Depends on the lines, really. If we don't find some linemen, we won't go far. We probably need more than we can realistically draft (2 OTs, 2 DTs, a C, a G and a DE) so we have to hope that one or two of our projects works out. We do have some potential (Terry, McIntosh, Sampson, Svitek, Niswanger). Hopefully we draft some more potential and get lucky on two or three of them.

crazycoffey
04-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Depends on the lines, really. If we don't find some linemen, we won't go far. We probably need more than we can realistically draft (2 OTs, 2 DTs, a C, a G and a DE) so we have to hope that one or two of our projects works out. We do have some potential (Terry, McIntosh, Sampson, Svitek, Niswanger). Hopefully we draft some more potential and get lucky on two or three of them.

IMO - not that bleak. all pro lines? NO. but not completely wasteful either. We did some good last year, and we have made improvements already. two new tackles and two bad ones out. Defense made improvements, and we have a few more to make on both sides of the ball, but we can compete with anyone right now, on any given day.

Are we the shit? No, I know this, we all know it. But are we Oakland? NO, not oakland, not detriot, not houston, etc. we have many things on our side and I am just waiting to see what happens. that is what makes this game so much fun to watch.

Rausch
04-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Of course you don't you are the king of message board sports culture.

"There's a little black spot in the sun today..."

Mecca
04-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Why do I get railed on for being honest? The Chiefs are not the defending Superbowl Champs there are holes on the team, there's players that have been here 5 years longer than they should have been...

Should we all just ignore that to be 100% positive?

Also if you follow the draft very closely you have a pretty solid idea of a good and bad draft, almost every one of us knew right away Junior Siavii and Kris Wilson were not the first 2 picks of a good draft....

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2007, 12:27 AM
"There's a little black spot in the sun today..."

It's the same old thing as yesterday
There's a black hat caught in a high tree top
There's a flag pole rag and the wind won't stop

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2007, 12:28 AM
The Chiefs do pretty well for themselves this year. This team will play hard each week and do some good things. I look forward to this season.

I'm with you, on this one....Zach. Screw Jim, and his doomsday predictions. :thumb:

Rausch
04-12-2007, 12:29 AM
It's the same old thing as yesterday
There's a black hat caught in a high tree top
There's a flag pole rag and the wind won't stop

"And Mecca will always be the king of pain!

Always be the king of pay-ayne!"

Mecca
04-12-2007, 12:33 AM
LOL.....I'm not the king of pain, I think the Chiefs are doing what needs to be done with getting younger. If the young guys show solid improvement into quality players/starters I'll consider it a good year, I don't think this year is all about wins and losses.

Rausch
04-12-2007, 12:36 AM
LOL.....I'm not the king of pain, I think the Chiefs are doing what needs to be done with getting younger.

Awesome.

I bang the gal in the middle of your sig, the Chiefs get younger, everyone's happy...

ChiefsFanatic
04-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Who cares how likely it was? Thats what happened. If you beat a team the unlikely nature of that win changes nothing. You think the Colts aren't happy about their SB win bc it wasn't likely?

So the 9-7 team was better than the 10-6 team?

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 01:44 AM
So the 9-7 team was better than the 10-6 team?
If you answer my question I will answer yours.

ChiefsFanatic
04-12-2007, 01:47 AM
If you answer my question I will answer yours.

I understand that we deserved to be in the playoffs, and that within the structure of the rules, no other team deserved to be there more than we did.

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 01:49 AM
I understand that we deserved to be in the playoffs, and that within the structure of the rules, no other team deserved to be there more than we did.
10-6 team and 9-7 team? Not sure...one's defense was better and one's offense was better. They play 10 times I bet each wins 5.

ChiefsFanatic
04-12-2007, 01:58 AM
10-6 team and 9-7 team? Not sure...one's defense was better and one's offense was better. They play 10 times I bet each wins 5.

Someone earlier said something like...it's the win column that matters.

Well, one of my points is that Edwards acted like the 10-6 team had this and that wrong with it [like his quote about pointing to stats when you are not in the playoffs] and that HIS method was RIGHT.

What I am saying is that if it is wins that matter, then Herm was lucky to make the playoffs. Not that we did not deserve to be there, but that because of some fortunate circumstances, we made it with a 9-7 record when the previous team went 10-6 and did not make it.

Does making the playoffs with a worse record really make him a better coach, or his methods of offense and defense better? If you listen to Herm, the answer would be yes.

I emphatically say NO. IMO, he ruined what was a very good offense [yes, I know Roaf did not play] and implemented a defense that we did not have the personel to run.

I hope I am wrong, but I think Herm is a marginal HC at best, and I can't wait until he is gone.

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 02:03 AM

Well, one of my points is that Edwards acted like the 10-6 team had this and that wrong with it [like his quote about pointing to stats when you are not in the playoffs] and that HIS method was RIGHT.

What I am saying is that if it is wins that matter, then Herm was lucky to make the playoffs. Not that we did not deserve to be there, but that because of some fortunate circumstances, we made it with a 9-7 record when the previous team went 10-6 and did not make it.

Does making the playoffs with a worse record really make him a better coach, or his methods of offense and defense better? If you listen to Herm, the answer would be yes.

I emphatically say NO. IMO, he ruined what was a very good offense [yes, I know Roaf did not play] and implemented a defense that we did not have the personel to run.

I hope I am wrong, but I think Herm is a marginal HC at best, and I can't wait until he is gone.
He did lose a HOF LT and the starting QB to injury most the year. Thats a huge deal. 2 of the 3 most important offensive positions in the game football. Lets not act like it was the same team from one year to the next. And how can you complain about that defense?

He has accomplished as much as Vermeil did during his time and its only been one year.

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 02:04 AM

Obviously not. That 10-6 team had no statistical chance of winning the Superbowl when the regular season ended.

ChiefsFanatic
04-12-2007, 02:05 AM
He did lose a HOF LT and the starting QB to injury most the year. Thats a huge deal. 2 of the 3 most important offensive positions in the game football. Lets not act like it was the same team from one year to the next. And how can you complain about that defense?

He has accomplished as much as Vermeil did during his time and its only been one year.

I'll take the way DV lost to the Colts over the way Herm lost to the Colts every time. The way Herm coached that game was an embarassment to this franchise.

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 02:07 AM
I'll take the way DV lost to the Colts over the way Herm lost to the Colts every time. The way Herm coached that game was an embarassment to this franchise.
I was pretty unhappy of his coaching strategy for the offensive line not to execute. I agree.

ChiefsFanatic
04-12-2007, 02:15 AM
I was pretty unhappy of his coaching strategy for the offensive line not to execute. I agree.

Really, and were you happy with his determination to run LJ into a stacked line, time after time? Were you equally as happy with his refusal to take Trent out when it was obvious to everyone, especially the Colts, that Trent was clearly not displaying full brain functionality?

This is a coach's league. I know players have to make plays, but it is the coach's deciscion which plays they attempt and which players attempt them.

Bailing Herm out by blaming the players is ridiculous. So, during the year, when Black was giving up sack after sack, that was just his fault? Herm shares none of the blame for playing him?

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 02:18 AM
Really, and were you happy with his determination to run LJ into a stacked line, time after time? Were you equally as happy with his refusal to take Trent out when it was obvious to everyone, especially the Colts, that Trent was clearly not displaying full brain functionality?

This is a coach's league. I know players have to make plays, but it is the coaches deciscion which plays they attempt and which players attempt them.

Bailing Herm out by blaming the players is ridiculous. So, during the year, when Black was giving up sack after sack, that was just his fault? Herm shares none of the blame for playing him?
We have won games by running the ball...we were playing a team that was bad against the run. Should we have gone 4 wide and let our shaky QB go vertical and go Sammie Parker on their ass? Our offense played some great ball over the span of then year and it wasnt because they were fooled into thinking Trent Green was going to be dropping bombs into the hands of Dante Hall. We run the ball...thats what we do. We were down one of our best run blockers in Dunn so one of our best pass threats was marginalized greatly to help block.

I am not happy with how the game panned out and how it was coached but to place the whole thing on Herm seems more to do with your personal dislike than for him than anything that had to do with that game.

big nasty kcnut
04-12-2007, 02:20 AM
We're going to be ok. Plus if you don't the chiefs and think they will lose and suck then go to the orange lame and join those mile high jackalope.

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 02:20 AM
I still get a kick out of how easy people dismiss Green's injury and Roaf's unexpected absense.

The life of a message board know it all.

ChiefsFanatic
04-12-2007, 02:23 AM
I stated that players have to make plays. However, when it became obvious that we could not run the ball, and that when Trent tried to pass we could not protect him and that he could not avoid being sacked, we should have went to Huard, and changed to something besides the Larry-up-the-middle-for-one-yard-Larry-left-for-one-yard-Larry-right-for-one-yard-PUNT offense.

Woops, messed up and turned it back - Z

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 02:28 AM
I stated that players have to make plays. However, when it became obvious that we could not run the ball, and that when Trent tried to pass we could not protect him and that he could not avoid being sacked, we should have went to Huard, and changed to something besides the Larry-up-the-middle-for-one-yard-Larry-left-for-one-yard-Larry-right-for-one-yard-PUNT offense.
So in addition to wanting the DV loss more than the Herm loss you would rather have Huard on his back in a loss than Green.

So this seems to be more about your preferences?

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 02:31 AM
There have been a lot of times our offense has had great games after slow starts. Patience in not abandoning the run has been a big part of this Chiefs offense.

ChiefsFanatic
04-12-2007, 02:38 AM
So in addition to wanting the DV loss more than the Herm loss you would rather have Huard on his back in a loss than Green.

So this seems to be more about your preferences?

No, you are completely correct. This loss was entirely on the players. I am sure that Herm turned in a SuperBowl performance on the sidelines.

You obviously think that only your opinion is valid, and that I am just a BB Know-it-All who has not been an NFL HC, like you.

Guess what Zach....players get hurt, players retire. Get over it. Other teams deal with the exact same thing. Because Roaf retired, and Green got hurt, Herm does not get a pass.

Part of his job is to coach. Part of his job is to put the right players on the field at the right times. Part of his job is to make adjustments when they are needed. He did all of these things poorly against the Colts.

But, as you said, Trent was hurt and Roaf retired.

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 02:44 AM
No, you are completely correct. This loss was entirely on the players. I am sure that Herm turned in a SuperBowl performance on the sidelines.

You obviously think that only your opinion is valid, and that I am just a BB Know-it-All who has not been an NFL HC, like you.

Guess what Zach....players get hurt, players retire. Get over it. Other teams deal with the exact same thing. Because Roaf retired, and Green got hurt, Herm does not get a pass.

Part of his job is to coach. Part of his job is to put the right players on the field at the right times. Part of his job is to make adjustments when they are needed. He did all of these things poorly against the Colts.

But, as you said, Trent was hurt and Roaf retired.
I am not saying he didn't do things poorly. I also don't think my opinion is the only one that is valid. Maybe we can leave the drama queen stuff aside? I just got a chuckle out of some of your posts. Going so far out of your way to discredit him...but but...we uhh backed into the playoffs! Yea, thats the ticket. The people who were wailing that we would only win 5 games when he got hired...that we would play to lose. We lose some of the biggest parts of our offense...we improve a defense that was a bigger embaressment then that playoff loss could ever be and we make the playoffs. Did that Colts game go well? Not at all. Was it coached well? Not at all. Is there a game plan that could have made up for how those players were executing that Sunday? I am sure you and Mecca have one.

ChiefsFanatic
04-12-2007, 02:53 AM
I am not saying he didn't do things poorly. I just got a chuckle out of some of your posts. Going so far out of your way to discredit him...but but...we uhh backed into the playoffs! Yea, thats the ticket. The people who were wailing that we would only win 5 games when he got hired...that we would play to lose. We lose some of the biggest parts of our offense...we improve a defense that was a bigger embaressment then that playoff loss could ever be and we make the playoffs. Did that Colts game go well? Not at all. Was it coached well? Not at all. Is there a game plan that could have made up for how those players were executing that Sunday? I am sure you and Mecca have one.

The defense is going in the right direction, but as we know all too well, you still have to score points to win.

His game plan may have been solid before the game, but during the game it was clear that the gameplan was not working, yet he refused to change.

Maybe I am just a naive dumbass, but during the game I actually questioned whether or not his goal was to actually win.

As a Chiefs fan, I have never actually had that thought, no matter how poorly we played. If his goal was to win, then it was one of the worst coaching jobs I have ever seen in the NFL.

DaWolf
04-12-2007, 02:57 AM

This is a coach's league. I know players have to make plays, but it is the coach's deciscion which plays they attempt and which players attempt them.

Huh? Since when did this become a "coach's league?" It has ALWAYS been about the players. Which is why one year DV is 4-12 and another year he is winning the Super Bowl. Torry Holt, Marshall Faulk, Grant Wistrom and London Fletcher had a lot more to do with that than DV's playcalling. Jon Gruden went from winning a Super Bowl to coaching one of the worst teams in the league. Did he suddenly become dumb? Tony Dungy went from being Herm Edwards in Tampa to being a Super Bowl winner in Indy. You think having Peyton Manning instead of Shaun King didn't have something to do with that?

You wanna blame Herm for playing Black, blame Herm. But once Roaf bailed on the team and Turley got hurt, who else was qualified to play left tackle? If you want to blame anyone, blame the front office for not being better prepared for the loss of Roaf. Edwards pretty much inherited what was here. He is now trying to get his type of players in here.

Was the playoff game coached well? No. Did the players show up to play? No. It snowballed into a horrific performance. But hey, this is also the same Herm Edwards who pasted Manning and the Colts 41-0 in the playoffs. Was he an idiot that day?

I'm not saying Herm is a great coach, but c'mon, let's get real here. And frankly I find it disturbing that we as a fan base are debating what is the best way to lose anything, let alone a playoff game. How about we get some people who can actually WIN playoff games? DV and his system can go to hell and so can anyone else who doesn't win us a championship...

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 02:59 AM
The defense is going in the right direction, but as we know all too well, you still have to score points to win.

His game plan may have been solid before the game, but during the game it was clear that the gameplan was not working, yet he refused to change.

Maybe I am just a naive dumbass, but during the game I actually questioned whether or not his goal was to actually win.

As a Chiefs fan, I have never actually had that thought, no matter how poorly we played. If his goal was to win, then it was one of the worst coaching jobs I have ever seen in the NFL.
I agree the coaching was bad. But did you take time to look at the player's on the field? Wow.

That was wow.

Its ok man, you don't like Herm...just fess up and move on. You don't like the guy and it makes you overlook the fact that we are a running team and won't win if we don't run the ball. We are not fooling anyone into anything...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3376377&postcount=19

Its all good.

Mecca
04-12-2007, 03:02 AM

I think there are some posters that don't think we need to score points........notice the people who don't want to take WR's.

ChiefsFanatic
04-12-2007, 03:04 AM
Huh? Since when did this become a "coach's league?" It has ALWAYS been about the players. Which is why one year DV is 4-12 and another year he is winning the Super Bowl. Torry Holt, Marshall Faulk, Grant Wistrom and London Fletcher had a lot more to do with that than DV's playcalling. Jon Gruden went from winning a Super Bowl to coaching one of the worst teams in the league. Did he suddenly become dumb? Tony Dungy went from being Herm Edwards in Tampa to being a Super Bowl winner in Indy. You think having Peyton Manning instead of Shaun King didn't have something to do with that?

You wanna blame Herm for playing Black, blame Herm. But once Roaf bailed on the team and Turley got hurt, who else was qualified to play left tackle? If you want to blame anyone, blame the front office for not being better prepared for the loss of Roaf. Edwards pretty much inherited what was here. He is now trying to get his type of players in here.

Was the playoff game coached well? No. Did the players show up to play? No. It snowballed into a horrific performance. But hey, this is also the same Herm Edwards who pasted Manning and the Colts 41-0 in the playoffs. Was he an idiot that day?

I'm not saying Herm is a great coach, but c'mon, let's get real here. And frankly I find it disturbing that we as a fan base are debating what is the best way to lose anything, let alone a playoff game. How about we get some people who can actually WIN playoff games? DV and his system can go to hell and so can anyone else who doesn't win us a championship...

If it was all about players, then coaches would not be making 4 million a year, coordinators would not be making 1 million a year, and guys like Pete Carroll and Bob Stoops, Nick Saban etc. would not get huge multi-million dollar offers from teams to leave successful college programs.

The NBA is a players league, but the NFL is a coach's league. Look at that guy in New England. He has a star QB, and that is about it. But he still wins SuperBowls, and gets paid mutli-millions to do it

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 03:06 AM
I think there are some posters that don't think we need to score points........notice the people who don't want to take WR's.
Seems we did pretty well on offense with the same or equal talent level of WRs under Vermeil.

It all starts with the line.

ChiefsFanatic
04-12-2007, 03:08 AM

You mean Sammie isn't good? But surely you can't dismiss Kennison's greatness? It's alright though, we have ex pro-bowl corners and some quality defensive linemen. All we need now is someone to coach sober to the DEs and we will be just fine.

What we really need is more time TOP.

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 03:10 AM
You mean Sammie isn't good? But surely you can't dismiss Kennison's greatness? It's alright though, we have ex pro-bowl corners and some quality defensive linemen. All we need now is someone to coach sober to the DEs and we will be just fine.

What we really need is more time TOP.
Someone missed DVs defense...want to rehash some good times?

ChiefsFanatic
04-12-2007, 03:11 AM
Seems we did pretty well on offense with the same or equal talent level of WRs under Vermeil.

So, I guess we could have tried to throw the ball to the WR position during the playoff loss, afterall.

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 03:13 AM
So, I guess we could have tried to throw the ball to the WR position during the playoff loss, afterall.
How many sucessful thrown in the NFL have you seen where the QB is on his back?

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 03:14 AM
All starts on the line...

ChiefsFanatic
04-12-2007, 03:20 AM
How many sucessful thrown in the NFL have you seen where the QB is on his back?

That is why I think that we should have switched to Huard. Perhaps he still would have been on his back, but I am almost 1000% sure that he could not have done worse than Trent.

All starts on the line...

But it does not end there.............

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 03:28 AM
I hope you enjoyed your defense. Kind of interesting for being such an idiot and a bad coach. Taking the worst defense...a defense that for years has been a joke and putting in the performance they did last year.

I imagine it was luck.

ChiefsFanatic
04-12-2007, 03:40 AM
I hope you enjoyed your defense. Kind of interesting for being such an idiot and a bad coach. Taking the worst defense...a defense that for years has been a joke and putting in the performance they did last year.

I imagine it was luck.

Yes, that defense helped us win 9 games. That was such an improvement...................wait, no it wasn't.

You are just way too clever for me. Your opinions are more valid than mine. You type much faster, and are overall just better than I am.

StcChief
04-12-2007, 05:00 AM
9-7

Reerun_KC
04-12-2007, 06:42 AM
LOL, this thread is hilarious! You guys arguing about a coach that has a career record of -.500, his playoff record is becoming Marty like and because of his unwillingness to change his approach and strategy (see Larry’s face permanently imprinted on Wiegmans ass) during games has never had a record of better than 10-6?

Good lord you guys sound like Chiefs/Jets fans arguing about HOW Herm was going to save the Chiefs and the Jets were just glad to get rid of him, wishing us good luck and what to expect with him. Then Chiefs fans arguing back that Jet fans are jealous we took their coach, when they are popping champagne because they stiffed us for a 4th round pick. Yeah we look real intelligent.

Arguing about Herm is pointless. He sorry ass record speaks for itself. His history of Martyball in the playoffs speaks for itself and if you think Herm is going to take the Chiefs to the Superbowl, you are delusional... Never will happen, no way, no how...

All we can hope for is he drafts enough players and youth, to leave the next "real HC" something to work with...

Brock
04-12-2007, 07:38 AM
If it was all about players, then coaches would not be making 4 million a year, coordinators would not be making 1 million a year, and guys like Pete Carroll and Bob Stoops, Nick Saban etc. would not get huge multi-million dollar offers from teams to leave successful college programs.

The NBA is a players league, but the NFL is a coach's league. Look at that guy in New England. He has a star QB, and that is about it. But he still wins SuperBowls, and gets paid mutli-millions to do it

The Chiefs had one of the best coaches ever, allegedly, and one of the best coordinators also, recently. The net result was 1 playoff loss in 5 years. Why? Because they couldn't get the right players. Just about everything you've said in this post is wrong.

vailpass
04-12-2007, 07:43 AM
1. Denver
2. San Diego
3. KC
4. Oakland

Reerun_KC
04-12-2007, 07:44 AM
1. Denver
2. San Diego
3. KC
4. Oakland

I can see that....

Brock
04-12-2007, 07:44 AM
1. Denver
2. San Diego
3. KC
4. Oakland

Ha ha. Yeah.

htismaqe
04-12-2007, 07:46 AM
This board has become a parody of itself.

There's no quality discussion anymore. That must be Herm's fault too.

Reerun_KC
04-12-2007, 07:48 AM
This board has become a parody of itself.

There's no quality discussion anymore. That must be Herm's fault too.

It is.... Went to hell when he was hired...

htismaqe
04-12-2007, 07:50 AM
It is.... Went to hell when he was hired...

The only thing worse than him being hired is all the people that decided to make this place their soapbox on the subject...

boogblaster
04-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Herm is building his Defence to stay close in games.. he's hopeing his Offence can score at least 17 to 21 points ....

Reerun_KC
04-12-2007, 08:00 AM
The only thing worse than him being hired is all the people that decided to make this place their soapbox on the subject...

Well it is a Chiefs message board and sadly he is the Head Coach of the Chiefs...

Most of the arguments are pointless, His history speaks for itself and when you put the Chiefs Red Homer glasses on you can really look stupid trying to make an argument for him... For what reasons and why would you defend his game day coaching antics? If you watched any football other than the Chiefs, you witnessed the same mistakes in KC that he pulled at the NJY for 5 years... Nothing has changed or will change with Herm... IF he was willing to change and with all the talent he can acquire/build (which he is superior at) he would have had a better record than 10-6 and been more successful in the playoffs... Yeah everyone has short term memory and can only blast back with Vermeil playoff history with the Chiefs. Talent will win and lose games for you, but being a stubborn dumbass is more costly in the win/loss columns (see Marty). So in saying that, the same reasons some are bitching about him here are the same reasons the Jets were going to fire him (allegedly).

Reerun_KC
04-12-2007, 08:02 AM
Herm is building his Defense to stay close in games.. he's hopeing his Offence can score at least 17 to 21 points ....

His hoping is like shitting in one hand and wishing in the other...

Which one will fill up faster Herm?

This is a total 180 from DV...

DV wasnt and Herm wont be successful unless you can find a balance between the two....

htismaqe
04-12-2007, 08:02 AM
Well it is a Chiefs message board and sadly he is the Head Coach of the Chiefs...

Most of the arguments are pointless, His history speaks for itself and when you put the Chiefs Red Homer glasses on you can really look stupid trying to make an argument for him... For what reasons and why would you defend his game day coaching antics? If you watched any football other than the Chiefs, you witnessed the same mistakes in KC that he pulled at the NJY for 5 years... Nothing has changed or will change with Herm... IF he was willing to change and with all the talent he can acquire/build (which he is superior at) he would have had a better record than 10-6 and been more successful in the playoffs... Yeah everyone has short term memory and can only blast back with Vermeil playoff history with the Chiefs. Talent will win and lose games for you, but being a stubborn dumbass is more costly in the win/loss columns (see Marty). So in saying that, the same reasons some are bitching about him here are the same reasons the Jets were going to fire him (allegedly).

Honestly, nobody cares what the "facts" are anymore. Your constant, pointless whining like a kid who watched Herm run over his dog, has gotten to the point that people will say whatever they need to to make sure they're not on the same side of the argument as you are.

Reerun_KC
04-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Honestly, nobody cares what the "facts" are anymore. Your constant, pointless whining like a kid who watched Herm run over his dog, has gotten to the point that people will say whatever they need to to make sure they're not on the same side of the argument as you are.

Those facts are bitch slapping the fans in the face...

Thats fine Htismaqe, that is why we live in America and have the freedom of choice and speach...

You and I both get to voice our opinions on this message board concerning the Chiefs without having our fingers cut off...

Pointless whining? I will remember that when you are talking about why we didnt win the game or missed the playoffs... Anything you say could be taken as whining as well...

Like Herm says "Its okay, it will all be alright"...

Dont worry big fella, I will still be your friend in the end...

htismaqe
04-12-2007, 08:17 AM
Those facts are bitch slapping the fans in the face...

Thats fine Htismaqe, that is why we live in America and have the freedom of choice and speach...

You and I both get to voice our opinions on this message board concerning the Chiefs without having our fingers cut off...

Pointless whining? I will remember that when you are talking about why we didnt win the game or missed the playoffs... Anything you say could be taken as whining as well...

Like Herm says "Its okay, it will all be alright"...

Dont worry big fella, I will still be your friend in the end...

No, they really aren't bitch slapping the fans in the face.

And you reminding us on an hourly basis only makes them hate YOU, not Herm.

You probably won't see me talking much about the Chiefs anymore. This place isn't near the football board it used to be.

Reerun_KC
04-12-2007, 08:17 AM
Btw, "All we can hope for is he drafts enough players and youth, to leave the next "real HC" something to work with..."

Brock
04-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Btw, "All we can hope for is he drafts enough players and youth, to leave the next "real HC" something to work with..."

That's exactly what I am hoping for, along with the hope that you'll get some help for your obsession.

htismaqe
04-12-2007, 08:18 AM

We heard you the first 1000 times you said it.

Reerun_KC
04-12-2007, 08:19 AM
No, they really aren't bitch slapping the fans in the face.

And you reminding us on an hourly basis only makes them hate YOU, not Herm.

You probably won't see me talking much about the Chiefs anymore. This place isn't near the football board it used to be.

Hate me all you want, not like I will lose sleep over it...

Yes you will, you will chime in just like you always do....

And I will still be your friend...

Reerun_KC
04-12-2007, 08:20 AM
That's exactly what I am hoping for, along with the hope that you'll get some help for your obsession.

Will work on it Brock, just for you...

htismaqe
04-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Hate me all you want, not like I will lose sleep over it...

Yes you will, you will chime in just like you always do....

And I will still be your friend...

I don't hate you at all. Actually, I pity you.

As for discussing the Chiefs, you don't have any idea what "discussion" is.

We used to exchange ideas here, pessimistic or optimistic. There were homers and there were haters. At some point people like you decided that dicussion wasn't enough, and it was more productive to spam every football-related post on the board. Congratulations, everybody can hear you now.

Skip Towne
04-12-2007, 08:25 AM
We heard you the first 1000 times you said it.
You really should deduct 1000 posts from his post count. That's just post whoring.

chagrin
04-12-2007, 08:28 AM
speaking for myself, I don't hope they suck, or wish that they suck this season; I am simply not confident in a OC with no experience whatsoever, calling plays. I was not impressed with what they did with the play calling, however I would love to be pleasantly suprised this upcoming season.

Furthermore, I think everything hinges on our draft and if we pick up a DT in free agency or not.

htismaqe
04-12-2007, 08:29 AM
You really should deduct 1000 posts from his post count. That's just post whoring.

Dude, 4000 or so more posts and you're not a n00b anymore. :D

crazycoffey
04-12-2007, 08:38 AM

That's exactly what I am hoping for.....

I think in doing this, he will take us further than you think. He keeps bringing in some talent, he'll have players that wont quit on him in a big game.

I remember the camera getting Law's face after a good defensive stand, he was disgusted that the O went three and out, late in the third quarter.

Then it went to Green's face walking off the field, a few linemen around him, and not one of them had any fire in their eyes. It would have been no different if Huard was walking off the field; the players, many of them, already lost the game in their mind.

After all, they "backed in" to the playoffs.

Archie Bunker
04-12-2007, 08:40 AM
I agree with everything you said Zach.

I'm excited about this season, the direction the team is headed and the coach that is leading the team. I'll leave it at that.

Ceej
04-12-2007, 08:40 AM
|Zach|,

Count me in, I'm a Chiefs fan - I was born optimistic. :)

htismaqe
04-12-2007, 08:42 AM
I think in doing this, he will take us further than you think. He keeps bringing in some talent, he'll have players that wont quit on him in a big game.

I remember the camera getting Law's face after a good defensive stand, he was disgusted that the O went three and out, late in the third quarter.

Then it went to Green's face walking off the field, a few linemen around him, and not one of them had any fire in their eyes. It would have been no different if Huard was walking off the field; the players, many of them, already lost the game in their mind.

After all, they "backed in" to the playoffs.

It's a Vermeil by-product. Despite some of us not wanting to believe it, they WERE a finesse team. When the going got tough, they folded. Last season, Herm focused on making the defense tough. It showed against Indy, because they never gave up.

Reerun_KC
04-12-2007, 08:45 AM
It's a Vermeil by-product. Despite some of us not wanting to believe it, they WERE a finesse team. When the going got tough, they folded. Last season, Herm focused on making the defense tough. It showed against Indy, because they never gave up.

Very true... :bravo:

Reerun_KC
04-12-2007, 08:46 AM

Shut up Skip, nobody yanked your chain this morning...

Reerun_KC
04-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Dude, 4000 or so more posts and you're not a n00b anymore. :D

Skip has whored himself out over 46K times and calling me a whore....

K my montly rant about Herm is over.. Thanks for listening....

Skip Towne
04-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Shut up Skip, nobody yanked your chain this morning...
I see you are in fine form this morning. Thanks for sharing your vast football knowledge with us. You must have a High Football IQ.

Reerun_KC
04-12-2007, 08:52 AM
I see you are in fine form this morning. Thanks for sharing your vast football knowledge with us. You must have a High Football IQ.

ROFL

So high I still have to lift the lid to take a wizz....

crazycoffey
04-12-2007, 08:55 AM

I agree, it was sorta my point. But in transitioning the players that Herm wants we will be a different team, and Herm will take us further than Brock and ReeRun think...... Just IMO.

Reerun_KC
04-12-2007, 08:59 AM
I agree, it was sorta my point. But in transitioning the players that Herm wants we will be a different team, and Herm will take us further than Brock and ReeRun think...... Just IMO.

Just stiring the pot this morning CC, that is all, nothing more...

Brock
04-12-2007, 09:01 AM

I'll thank you not to group me in with the "Herm is the antichrist" knuckleheads.

Reerun_KC
04-12-2007, 09:07 AM
I'll thank you not to group me in with the "Herm is the antichrist" knuckleheads.

I thought Bush was the antichrist? Damn Brock, now I am really confused...

Otter
04-12-2007, 09:11 AM
I think the term "backed in" to the playoffs has some validity if only because unlike the top tier teams of last year such as the Bears and the Colts they were dependent on outside factors which they had no control over such as needing other teams to lose/win in order to earn a playoff spot.

Dislike the terminology if you may but they were not in charge of their own destiny at week 16.

With the exception of the playoff game against the Colts I think Herm did pretty good last year especially considering the hand he was dealt and deserves the benefit of the doubt. His press conferences on the other hand need to stop being orchestrated by Gunther.

:shudder:

crazycoffey
04-12-2007, 09:12 AM

I was going off your comment that you wanted herm to bring in some talent and leave. You may have been sarcastic, but I didn't sense that then.

If I was wrong, then I appologize.

crazycoffey
04-12-2007, 09:16 AM
I think the term "backed in" to the playoffs has some validity if only because unlike the top tier teams of last year such as the Bears and the Colts they were dependent on outside factors which they had no control over such as needing other teams to lose/win in order to earn a playoff spot.

Dislike the terminology if you may but they were not in charge of their own destiny at week 16.

don't get me wrong, I agree with your perspective, but I also feel that it was over hyped and got in the players' heads.

One thought process I have on the playoff birth is this:
You have 16 games to position yourself and win a playoff spot, where you are at game 15 doesn't matter because there is another game. We finished the Marathon better than Denver, they sprinted ahead of us and were leading by game 15, but they didn't finish the race, we did. We won the 16 game race and got the playoff spot.

|Zach|
04-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Bump. This team will be tough on defense. If we can shore up our offensive line a bit there is a ton to look forward to.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2007, 11:39 PM
We're going to kick ass if Brodie Croyle is anything approaching decent.

BWillie
04-28-2007, 11:42 PM
I think our Offensive Line is the only thing that is really going to hold us back. If Huard or Croyle don't get waxed every single time they go back to pass, we might be able to do some good.

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2007, 11:59 PM
We're going to kick ass if Brodie Croyle is anything approaching decent.

Name our starting OLine.... :spock:

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Name our starting OLine.... :spock:

The Fab Five

Direckshun
04-29-2007, 12:02 AM
Next four picks on OL!

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!?!?!?

I'M CRAZY I TELLZ YA!!!!

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2007, 12:07 AM
The Fab Five

Sampson/Terry?
Wellbourne/Bober
Wiegmann/Niswanger
Waters/Hunt/Stallings
McIntosh/Svitek

:eek:

I'm not real confident, personally.

I sure hope Solari knows WTF he's doing....:deevee::deevee::deevee:

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 12:11 AM
I have confidence that our line will be better than it was last year. People are forgetting how awful Jordan Black and Kyle Turley were.

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2254/blackiu8ap8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2007, 12:13 AM
I have confidence that our line will be better than it was last year. People are forgetting how awful Jordan Black and Kyle Turley were.

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2254/blackiu8ap8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

And, yet, Turley and Black BEAT out all those SAME guys (except McIntosh).

:deevee::deevee::deevee:

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 12:15 AM
And, yet, Turley and Black BEAT out all those SAME guys (except McIntosh).

:deevee::deevee::deevee:

Uh, what?

Turley and Black didn't beat out McIntosh or Terry. I'm guessing the Chiefs thought Welbourn > Black, too, at guard anyway.

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Uh, what?

Turley and Black didn't beat out McIntosh or Terry. I'm guessing the Chiefs thought Welbourn > Black, too, at guard anyway.

I said, except McIntosh...and didn't Terry join the team late in the season?

I just think you may be glossing over....and being too optimistic. Even if I hope you are right....and I know it can be done.

KcMizzou
04-29-2007, 12:18 AM
The Fab FiveLMAO

"Name our starting OLine."

Nice response. Cracked me up.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Actually, "The Flab Five" would have been funnier.

KcMizzou
04-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Actually, "The Flab Five" would have been funnier.Now that you mention it...

Rausch
04-29-2007, 12:20 AM

Herm has done an amazing job on draft day.

Our defense has the talent to be top 10. We have LJ, Gonzo, and some fresh talent at WR. We have two prospects at QB I feel good about. We added youth to our lack of talent at DT.

All we need are some tackles.

This team has more talent than anyone suspects...

keg in kc
04-29-2007, 12:33 AM
This team has more talent than anyone suspects...I think you're right.

If they can find an offensive line (and I have no idea how they could, but if they do...) the Chiefs will be a surprise in '07.

It's kind of quiet, the way it's been done, but the team is on the way to being both young and talented, and deep. Which is kind of amazing, considering just how poorly they drafted over the last decade. The last two drafts have been marked improvements, particularly '06 (so far), and if '07 continues that trend, then it's possible that '08 and '09 could mark the opening of a new 'window'. Since the team is being built primarily through the draft, rather than solely through free agency it's one that could stay open for a while.

KcMizzou
04-29-2007, 12:37 AM
I think you're right.

If they can find an offensive line (and I have no idea how they could, but if they do...) the Chiefs will be a surprise in '07.

It's kind of quiet, the way it's been done, but the team is on the way to being both young and talented, and deep. Which is kind of amazing, considering just how poorly they drafted over the last decade.I honstley think we've made HUGE progress in a very short time.

Herm takes a lot of crap here for his game-day coaching, but it's hard to argue with what he's done to rebuild this team.

It's time for this... and it's... refreshing.

KcMizzou
04-29-2007, 12:41 AM
You've got to give Carl some credit too. I never would have believed he'd let this happen in his last couple of years.

I'd have thought he'd add a couple high priced old FA's and hope to get lucky before he's done.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 12:41 AM
amazing what good drafts can do, aint it?

but we still have a huge ? at QB...if we plunge in with Croyle - which I hope we do - we have at least a year of "learning" at the position...or worst case, several years of David Carr-like "he's almost there" with no actual arrival...

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 12:43 AM
I honstley think we've made HUGE progress in a very short time.

Herm takes a lot of crap here for his game-day coaching, but it's hard to argue with what he's done to rebuild this team.

It's time for this... and it's... refreshing.

Herm is winning more people over.... :hmmm:

keg in kc
04-29-2007, 12:44 AM
amazing what good drafts can do, aint it?It's not just good drafts, the few players that Edwards has let tag along from earlier in his career have actually contributed. No Nate Hobgood-Chitticks or Glenn Cadrez's or the variety of bad DBs.

It has to translate into winning however.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 12:47 AM
It's not just good drafts, the few players that Edwards has let tag along from earlier in his career have actually contributed. No Nate Hobgood-Chitticks or Glenn Cadrez's or the variety of bad DBs.

It has to translate into winning however.

true

and the first thing Herm did was put Sims on the bench...and then let Mitchell walk...he sees things