PDA

View Full Version : IMUS: 'WHEN WILL SHARPTON APOLOGIZE TO DUKE PLAYERS'?

recxjake
04-12-2007, 08:25 AM
IMUS: 'WHEN WILL SHARPTON APOLOGIZE TO DUKE PLAYERS'?
Thu Apr 12 2007 10:02:02 ET

Patrick Gavin with FISHBOWLDC reports on Imus's radio show this am...

Barely 12 hours after being fired from MSNBC...

6:12 AM: On Imus' radio program (no longer simulcast on MSNBC) this morning, Chris Carlin, who covers sports for the program, discussed yesterday's dismissal of charges against the Duke lacrosse players.

(rough transcript)

DON IMUS: When will Al Sharpton be apologizing to them?

(LAUGHTER)

CARLIN: I'm unaware of such a press conference.

IMUS: I'll be darned...

jiveturkey
04-12-2007, 08:28 AM
That's a great point.

stlchiefs
04-12-2007, 08:29 AM
AWESOME. I'm glad he's not just cowering in the corner letting people quick him while he's down. Wake people up and make them see that he's not the only one with shit that stinks.

Iowanian
04-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Every one of those Duke players should have their asses on National TV decrying their outrage....and reading the list of media members who slandered their names.

This is honkyism.

htismaqe
04-12-2007, 08:31 AM
ROFL

chagrin
04-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Sharpton is one of the single most racist person in our country, about time someone says something about that.

Chief Henry
04-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Good for Imus. I'm not a real big Imus fan. He always has left wing media hacks on. But I'm sure glad he's calling a spade a spade here.

When will Jackson and Sharpton hold a press confrence for the three Dule playa's ? Only when
HELL freezes over.

Chief Henry
04-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Every one of those Duke players should have their asses on National TV decrying their outrage....and reading the list of media members who slandered their names.

This is honkyism.

:clap:

Or Redneckwhiteeuropianism !

thehead
04-12-2007, 08:33 AM
[QUOTE=Iowanian]

This is honkyism.[/QUOT

ROFL

the Talking Can
04-12-2007, 08:37 AM
you should do something about this...according to my history book, wearing a bed sheet and burning a large wooden cross in his front yard is a historically accurate method of expressing displeasure with your fellow citizen...

stlchiefs
04-12-2007, 08:38 AM
you want to dress up as a ghost?

Amnorix
04-12-2007, 08:39 AM
I don't think I"ve ever listened to Imus, but that is a very good point.

chagrin
04-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Imust blows but he has a right to throw some shit right back at Al

Iowanian
04-12-2007, 08:41 AM
You're right, the old dehydrated skin pickle in the cowboy hat should just sit back, take the high road and not point out the hypocricy of the guys riding him on TV for less disparaging statements than they've made themselves.

you should do something about this...according to my history book, wearing a bed sheet and burning a large wooden cross in his front yard is a historically accurate method of expressing displeasure with your fellow citizen...

chagrin
04-12-2007, 08:44 AM

I wouldn't suggest that because then all we'd have is another riot and according to my History book rioting and pulling innocent people out of their vehicles and beating them with bricks also is a historically accurate method of getting back at someone as well.

I wouldn't want to be that person.

ROYC75
04-12-2007, 09:03 AM

This is honkyism.

Damn, that's a hoot .........
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

ROYC75
04-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Rev. Al and Rev.Jessie should step forward to the Duke Lacrosse players as well as the FCC to regulate the black culture music.

Let's start giving our kids a better life, better music and better values to learn from........

KCfanfromNC
04-12-2007, 09:11 AM
I completely agree. I live in Raleigh and this whole thing has been a joke of a circus since day one. Sharpton and Jackson should go on national TV or Radio and apologize to these guys a hundred times. But it will never happen, and no one will hold them accountable and that's what pisses me off about it.

By the way, I hope Nyphong enjoys being sued till next Christmas

Frazod
04-12-2007, 09:15 AM
The sad thing is, if you're white and poor, name another organization that gives a shit? I'm a white, heterosexual male of anglo-saxon descent. According to every minority group that has a nationally recognized, PC-fueled protective organization with a bigoted douche like Sharpton as a figurehead, I'm the devil, and the source of all their various problems. I'm also supposed to be rich (after all, how else could I be such a problem?). But apparently nobody in my family got the memo.

The Franchise
04-12-2007, 09:22 AM
The sad thing is, if you're white and poor, name another organization that gives a shit? I'm a white, heterosexual male of anglo-saxon descent. According to every minority group that has a nationally recognized, PC-fueled protective organization with a bigoted douche like Sharpton as a figurehead, I'm the devil, and the source of all their various problems. I'm also supposed to be rich (after all, how else could I be such a problem?). But apparently nobody in my family got the memo.

I thought NASCAR was that organization....

HolmeZz
04-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Rev. Al and Rev.Jessie should step forward to the Duke Lacrosse players as well as the FCC to regulate the black culture music.

Let's start giving our kids a better life, better music and better values to learn from........

WHITEN THEIR ASSES UP

Frazod
04-12-2007, 09:24 AM
I thought NASCAR was that organization....

Not for me. My parents weren't brother and sister. :)

StcChief
04-12-2007, 09:26 AM

This is honkyism.

ROFL The new word of the day....honkyism. Iowanian rep.

Bwana
04-12-2007, 09:51 AM
I bet you won't hear a word from either one of the attention whores. Sharpton and Jackson are no doubt laying low.

StcChief
04-12-2007, 10:17 AM
I bet you won't hear a word from either one of the attention whores. Sharpton and Jackson are no doubt laying low.

so now is the time to Call them out.....

plbrdude
04-12-2007, 10:22 AM
is honkyism the new term to describe how the white brother is bein held down by da man?

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2007, 10:35 AM
That's a great point.

Absolutely spot on, too. :clap:

memyselfI
04-12-2007, 10:36 AM

Agreed that many of the respondents here would be quite at home at such a gathering...

However, I said a couple of days ago that the women being portrayed as victims here likely had worse lyrics with the 'music' on their IPODS. That is not to defend Imus but to point out the hypocrisy of those using this situation to push all sorts of agendas.

I think is going to backfire on the hip hop industry in a big way. At some point I think many of us will be THANKING Don Imus before all is said and done. At that point these same people :deevee: about Imus' remarks are going to try to maintain that the attack on the h/h industry is a racist attack on their 'culture'...

watch and mark my words.

the Talking Can
04-12-2007, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't suggest that because then all we'd have is another riot and according to my History book rioting and pulling innocent people out of their vehicles and beating them with bricks also is a historically accurate method of getting back at someone as well.

I wouldn't want to be that person.

indeed, textbooks are wonderful things....apparently dropping hydrogen bombs is another culturally specific and appropriate way of registering your disagreement with the lifestyle choices of others...the next time my neighbor plays Garth Brooks on his deck radio I'm going to seriously consider the advice of pages 133-154..

Donger
04-12-2007, 10:45 AM
I think is going to backfire on the hip hop industry in a big way. At some point I think many of us will be THANKING Don Imus before all is said and done. At that point these same people :deevee: about Imus' remarks are going to try to maintain that the attack on the h/h industry is a racist attack on their 'culture'...

watch and mark my words.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

the Talking Can
04-12-2007, 10:47 AM

I have no idea what you're talking about...but if you're telling me that white people are the victims in this county, well, how could I disagree with such a historically sound and factually irrefutable position...it is long past the time when we should do something about the persecution of the majority by the minority....let us end the reign of the powerless over the powerful...I say we form a group and try to get a white guy elected president, that will show those arrogant minority bastards what's what...White People Unite!

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2007, 10:52 AM

watch and mark my words.
:spock:

I agree. Completely. At least I hope that is how it works out. :clap:

P.S. the KKK innuendo and cheapshot wasn't necessary though.... :rolleyes:

vailpass
04-12-2007, 10:54 AM
I have no idea what you're talking about...but if you're telling me that white people are the victims in this county, well, how could I disagree with such a historically sound and factually irrefutable position...it is long past the time when we should do something about the persecution of the majority by the minority....let us end the reign of the powerless over the powerful...I say we form a group and try to get a white guy elected president, that will show those arrogant minority bastards what's what...White People Unite!

morphius
04-12-2007, 10:54 AM
LOL! It is truly odd, but the only thing connecting your post with the point that Fraz was making is that you quoted him and that you really have no idea what he is talking about.

Baby Lee
04-12-2007, 10:57 AM
So, all important differences between people fall fairly precisely along lines delineated by skin color. Is there a word for that?

Baby Lee
04-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Agreed that many of the respondents here would be quite at home at such a gathering...
Don't be coy, name names.

memyselfI
04-12-2007, 11:03 AM

I think we have a new James Carville. ROFL

Brock
04-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Don't be coy, name names.

White Devil.

Iowanian
04-12-2007, 11:10 AM

Thats a pretty slanderous and serious allegation and assumption, you hunch backed, moustachio'd manatee.

crazycoffey
04-12-2007, 11:11 AM

I understand what he's talking about, I applied for a promotion in the military, Green to Gold. A program for enlisted to become officers. I was told many time in the application process that I was wasting my time. See I didn't undestand the program was primarly used to get Minority officers in the system (because so many officers coming straight out of college were white). At one point I was told that I would not be accepted because I am white.

No one can argue away historical racism, it was brutally stupid. I think to correct the problem we the people in this society have to look in the mirror and say, "it stops here"

recxjake
04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
In other IMUS news... he raised a $1,000,000 bucks today for charity....

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/4/12/125123.shtml?s=ic

Pitt Gorilla
04-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Rev. Al and Rev.Jessie should step forward to...the FCC to regulate the black culture music.
The FCC should regulate black culture music? Are you serious?

BTW,
Imus is 100% correct.

Donger
04-12-2007, 11:12 AM
I understand what he's talking about, I applied for a promotion in the military, Green to Gold. A program for enlisted to become officers. I was told many time in the application process that I was wasting my time. See I didn't undestand the program was primarly used to get Minority officers in the system (because so many officers coming straight out of college were white). At one point I was told that I would not be accepted because I am white.

No one can argue away historical racism, it was brutally stupid. I think to correct the problem we the people in this society have to look in the mirror and say, "it stops here"

Same here for me, although it was OCS.

crazycoffey
04-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Same here for me, although it was OCS.

Yeah, that too. I just started looking into Officer Canidate School recently because I am finally finishing my degree. I gather the same, it's ok, I don't know that I wanted to go back in anyway.

I was also looking at a warrant officer program in the Reserves (CID, not pilot) but again, I don't know for certain that I want back in the military. Currently weighing the options.....

BTW, Donger, how did that turn out for you?

vailpass
04-12-2007, 11:18 AM

A system designed to promote less qualified applicants and deny better qualified applicants promotional opportunties based on skin color instead of merit?

Isn't that what America is all about? Doesn't our constitution gaurantee the opportunity to go as far as your hard work will take you unless we need a few more "minorities" to make our quota?

Frazod
04-12-2007, 11:18 AM

The point I was making, which I assume would be lost on angst-ridden liberal idiots, is that POOR white people have no one in their corner; certainly no one that has a credible voice. I hate to break it to you, spanky, but most of the poor people in this country are white, and have no more influence with the ruling elite than the average black project resident. But the last time I checked, there was no NAAPWP.

If I lose out on a job to a less-qualified minority based on the color of my skin, there's no Jesse Jackson-type I can turn to who will express indignant rage on my behalf. I'm just screwed. Oh wait, I'm white - that means I don't have to work because I'm filthy rich and descended from slave owners - but that's not right, since I'm descended from several generations of dirt poor farmers who busted their asses all their lives for next to nothing.

How is this an advantage again?

chagrin
04-12-2007, 11:19 AM
meme - that's quite an accusation, I am only reading a few responders here you might be referring to, first of all I don't think Can appreciates the innuendo, but what's more important:

I don't suppose you care to name the names of the racists on board?

Seriously I am just curious, enlighten us.

Donger
04-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah, that too. I just started looking into Officer Canidate School recently because I am finally finishing my degree. I gather the same, it's ok, I don't know that I wanted to go back in anyway.

I was also looking at a warrant officer program in the Reserves (CID, not pilot) but again, I don't know for certain that I want back in the military. Currently weighing the options.....

BTW, Donger, how did that turn out for you?

Well, good luck.

How did getting turned down entrance to OCS because I'm not a minority or a woman turn out?

memyselfI
04-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Thats a pretty slanderous and serious allegation and assumption, you hunch backed, moustachio'd manatee.

Methinks Thou Dost Protest Too Much... :hmmm:

Baby Lee
04-12-2007, 11:20 AM

BTW,
Imus is 100% correct.
Goose/Gander? :shrug:

'It is our feeling that this is only the beginning. We must have a broad discussion on what is permitted and not permitted in terms of the airwaves'...

crazycoffey
04-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Well, good luck.

How did getting turned down entrance to OCS because I'm not a minority or a woman turn out?

sorry, it was lame halfassed attempt to get you to talk more about your experience with that process.

Donger
04-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Methinks Thou Dost Protest Too Much... :hmmm:

Well, at least we know that you aren't one of "them."

memyselfI
meme - that's quite an accusation, I am only reading a few responders here you might be referring to, first of all I don't think Can appreciates the innuendo, but what's more important:

I don't suppose you care to name the names of the racists on board?

Seriously I am just curious, enlighten us.

I'll just say that most of the people on this board will know who I'm not talking about. ROFL

That's all I'm saying because I do not want my more important point to be lost on a handful of folks who are wondering if I think they have hooded sheets in their closets.

Iowanian
Me thinks though should graze on shallow kelp near a powerboat race.

brrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

chagrin
04-12-2007, 11:24 AM
The point I was making, which I assume would be lost on angst-ridden liberal idiots, is that POOR white people have no one in their corner; certainly no one that has a credible voice. I hate to break it to you, spanky, but most of the poor people in this country are white, and have no more influence with the ruling elite than the average black project resident. But the last time I checked, there was no NAAPWP.

Hey dude, I am on your side, but I want you to know there is indeed a NAAWP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAAWP

memyselfI
04-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Me thinks though should graze on shallow kelp near a powerboat race.

Me thinks you should be firing up the Camero and heading to Walmart...

GoHuge
04-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Thats a pretty slanderous and serious allegation and assumption, you hunch backed, moustachio'd manatee.Actually it would a libelist comment. Slander is spoken, libel is written. :)

Baby Lee
04-12-2007, 11:27 AM
That's all I'm saying because I do not want my more important point to be lost on a handful of folks who are wondering if I think they have hooded sheets in their closets.
Oh, you don't want the stupid shit you say to overshadow the smart shit you say.

You ARE Imus.

chagrin
04-12-2007, 11:28 AM
I'll just say that most of the people on this board will know who I'm not talking about. ROFL

You believe in accountablility yes? Shouldn't you stand up and be counted for what you've said?

No, that's not acceptable, I know very well that you will never ever come out and say it for fear of being incorrect, basically you are a cowardly being. Maybe I haven't "been here" long enough for you but you still owe the people you accuse, the honesty and not to mention give yourself credibility by making a stand.

But I assume you will rather just hide behind your tenure and just continue the speculation and innuendo.

Personally I would rather be called a racist then be speculated about, be a man for pete's sake - stand up for yourself.

memyselfI
Actually it would a libelist comment. Slander is spoken, libel is written. :)

Actually it would be libelous cuz libelist isn't a word. :p ;)

Donger
sorry, it was lame halfassed attempt to get you to talk more about your experience with that process.

It was 1993. I had just graduated college, became a citizen and took the OCS exam. I aced it, but my recruiter came in as pale as a sheet. He told me that "unless you're a woman or a minority, we can't accept you." He tried to talk me into enlisting and going mustang, but I wasn't prepared to settle.

So, I walked.

Part of me regrets that decision. Part of me doesn't.

Iowanian

Nothing like some hypocritical Stereotyping there Sharpton.

Family photo?

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/images/fruitCupSmall.jpg

You're

http://www.thenutfactory.com/photos/mixtures-nuts-regular-rns.jpg

Frazod
04-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Hey dude, I am on your side, but I want you to know there is indeed a NAAWP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAAWP

I'm thinking any organization founded by David Duke might have just a wee bit of a credibility issue.

But maybe not. I think I'll hop on my private jet and fly to Washington later. I need to discuss this with W. Since I'm white, of course, they'll let me right in to see him, I'm sure. I'll tell the secret service agents that the Talking Can sent me.

memyselfI
04-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Oh, you don't want the stupid shit you say to overshadow the smart shit you say.

You ARE Imus.

ROFL

Why is it the usual suspects are taking offense here...

Seems rather Sharpton-like. ROFL

chagrin
04-12-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm thinking any organization founded by David Duke might have just a wee bit of a credibility issue.

But maybe not. I think I'll hop on my private jet and fly to Washington later. I need to discuss this with W. Since I'm white, of course, they'll let me right in to see him, I'm sure. I'll tell the secret service agents that the Talking Can sent me.

I was just pointing it out, that's all. The goons who run the NAACP don't have any more credibility than the Wiz does, lol!

HolmeZz
04-12-2007, 11:31 AM

THEY MUST CONFORM FOR THE WHITE MAN

chagrin
04-12-2007, 11:32 AM
ROFL

Do you not agree that making an accusation is a lame attempt to ground someone, unless they name names?

I read this same sort of stuff by you and yours over in DC, you want to see proof and read names, so go ahead...we're waiting :rolleyes:

Donger
04-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Guys:

Doesn't it bother you to know that she's masturbating over these posts?

Personally, I think she's being penitent for the racism of her relatives.

Brock
04-12-2007, 11:33 AM

Me thinks you should be getting back to ordering paper clips and answering the phone.

chagrin
04-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Guys:

Well put, herself and every other white person here that does this, that's the worst kind of racism in my opinion.

Donger
04-12-2007, 11:35 AM

SHARPTON VOWS MORE: 'It is our feeling that this is only the beginning. We must have a broad discussion on what is permitted and not permitted in terms of the airwaves'..

On the contrary, it seems like Rev. Al is now the final word.

Baby Lee
04-12-2007, 11:35 AM
ROFL

My condolences on the loss of your burst.

You said something patently stupid and, per usual, won't backtrack when exposed. Only nowadays you lack any skill in defending the stupid shit you say. So you continue with veiled innuendo that no one's buying.

It's sad, really.

memyselfI
04-12-2007, 11:36 AM

BTW,
Imus is 100% correct.

Ah, but this is what the end result will be after of all the hysteria regarding Imus. While I don't necessarily want the FCC regulating any music, I would like to see something happen that encourages the genre to take a different direction. Of course, that is when we'll start seeing certain people defending the 'right' to use that language as part of the hip/hop and/or black culture. That is when things will get interesting.

Iowanian
04-12-2007, 11:36 AM

Shouldn't you check with the mayor of "hymietown", Jesse Jackson? See if he's working on the proclamation.

Brock
04-12-2007, 11:37 AM

In other words, it's only offensive if whitey said it.

Iowanian
04-12-2007, 11:38 AM

It's sad, really.

Don't worry, Dense hasn't lost its burst....it just relocated to her ass, next to the ring ding and little debbie circus.

memyselfI
04-12-2007, 11:38 AM

You said something patently stupid and, per usual, won't backtrack when exposed. Only nowadays you lack any skill in defending the stupid shit you say. So you continue with veiled innuendo that no one's buying.

It's sad, really.

Oh :deevee: me a fuggin river. If you took offense to this then maybe you should be asking yourself why. I see no one of any real substance doing so...

Meaning, all but a half dozen people on this board do not consider themselves included in my 'innuendo.' Those who do need only ask themselves why.

Iowanian
04-12-2007, 11:39 AM
what would you know about substance?

HolmeZz
04-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Shouldn't you check with the mayor of "hymietown", Jesse Jackson? See if he's working on the proclamation.

I don't think you'll ever see me defending Jesse or Al. They're both stooges. I was only responding to Roy's post about needing to regulate black culture so that they can have better music and values. ROFL

Donger
Oh :deevee: me a fuggin river. If you took offense to this then maybe you should be asking yourself why. I see no one of any real substance doing so...

Meaning, all but a half dozen people on this board do not consider themselves included in my 'innuendo.' Those who do need only ask themselves why.

You are amazingly transparent.

MOhillbilly
NAZIs soon be knockin on our doors.

HolmeZz
04-12-2007, 11:43 AM
In other words, it's only offensive if whitey said it.

I dunno. I'm not black so I'm not offended regardless of who says it. Doesn't make it any less stupid of an idea.

BIG_DADDY
04-12-2007, 11:44 AM

It's sad, really.

Watch out dude, keep that up and she'll put you on iggy.

Baby Lee
04-12-2007, 11:49 AM

1. I didn't take offense.
2. I don't consider myself included in your innuendo.
3. My concern was for the BB community, not myself. Saying there are certain people on here who'd be comfortable at a Klan cross burning is some corrosive shit.
4. You whine all the livelong day when someone intones that there are people who want the US to lose in Iraq, or are terrorist sympathizers. So you know it's corrosive and tacky, and don't pretend you don't.

memyselfI
04-12-2007, 11:55 AM
1. I didn't take offense.
2. I don't consider myself included in your innuendo.
3. My concern was for the BB community, not myself. Saying there are certain people on here who'd be comfortable at a Klan cross burning is some corrosive shit.
4. You whine all the livelong day when someone intones that there are people who want the US to lose in Iraq, or are terrorist sympathizers. So you know it's corrosive and tacky, and don't pretend you don't.

Oh please. As to the first 3 points, I didn't realize we needed BL to save the day here. Thanks. Super lawyer and superhero...

where do you find the time??? :hmmm:

As far as your last delusional point. Give me a break. People have been roundly and repeatedly accused of supporting terrorists and wanting the US to lose without 'innuendo' on the board next door. Now it's a rather comical accusation seeing the US is losing and the supporters of the war are near extinct. Those insults really don't have the same sting anymore. But that doesn't stop some from trying... ROFL ROFL

vailpass
04-12-2007, 12:35 PM

ROFL

Who left the DC hatch open?

Pitt Gorilla
04-12-2007, 12:56 PM
I would guess that the people who didn't want Imus to apologize probably don't want Sharpton to apologize either, given their consistent nature and whatnot.

Brock
04-12-2007, 12:59 PM
I would guess that the people who didn't want Imus to apologize probably don't want Sharpton to apologize either, given their consistent nature and whatnot.

Does that mean those who want Imus to apologize also want Sharpton to apologize? {snicker}

Pitt Gorilla
04-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Does that mean those who want Imus to apologize also want Sharpton to apologize? {snicker}Absolutely.

Brock
04-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Absolutely.

LOL, yeah right.

Baby Lee
04-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Sooo, those who want Imus banned to the hinterlands want Sharpton similarly banned?

Since when was this about an apology? He apologized before it was even on most people's radar.

the Talking Can
04-12-2007, 01:09 PM
so when are white people going to march on D.C. for their right to use the phrase "nappy headed ho's"?

Iowanian
04-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Fightin' Whities Tshirts for EVERYONE!

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2007, 01:23 PM
ROFL

Who left the DC hatch open?

:hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Fightin' Whities Tshirts for EVERYONE!

Simplex3
04-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Guys:

Who? I think I may have banned some bitch from MY Planet.

Simplex3
04-12-2007, 01:34 PM
SHARPTON VOWS MORE: 'It is our feeling that this is only the beginning. We must have a broad discussion on what is permitted and not permitted in terms of the airwaves'..

On the contrary, it seems like Rev. Al is now the final word.
Anyone here think he means cracking down on Dave Chappelle and 50 Cent?

Me either.

ROYC75
04-12-2007, 02:01 PM
In other IMUS news... he raised a $1,000,000 bucks today for charity....

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/4/12/125123.shtml?s=ic

Why that damn racist pig......... How dare him ! :rolleyes:

04-12-2007, 02:04 PM
IMUS: 'WHEN WILL SHARPTON APOLOGIZE TO DUKE PLAYERS'?
Thu Apr 12 2007 10:02:02 ET

Patrick Gavin with FISHBOWLDC reports on Imus's radio show this am...

Barely 12 hours after being fired from MSNBC...

6:12 AM: On Imus' radio program (no longer simulcast on MSNBC) this morning, Chris Carlin, who covers sports for the program, discussed yesterday's dismissal of charges against the Duke lacrosse players.

(rough transcript)

DON IMUS: When will Al Sharpton be apologizing to them?

(LAUGHTER)

CARLIN: I'm unaware of such a press conference.

IMUS: I'll be darned...

Good character definitions DO NOT apply to Sharpton. Haven't you heard? He can say whatever he wants. The rest of us can't because we are ALL racists in his world.

HolmeZz
04-12-2007, 02:05 PM

Me either.

Wrong.

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/03/2207.cfm

04-12-2007, 02:06 PM

Me either.
Sure, when they pull a Michael Jackson.

KC Dan
04-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Wrong.

Read the date on the article: 2005. He really is making a difference. Go Al!

What a joke....

Iowanian
04-12-2007, 02:08 PM
If R Kelley can Urinate on a teenage girl and still keep putting recordings on the airwaves......

Eric
04-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Religous activists have banned Howard Stern.

Now PC blacks are ruining Imus.(tried to ruin Rush).

Chalk another one up for censorship in America.

One day comedy will be outlawed.

'nappy headed hoes' = minor.

Sharpton and blacks demanding firing = Pol.C gangs.

Usa= Soviet Union.

Bugeater
04-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Wrong.

That's over 2 years old, did he ever follow thru with it?

ROYC75
04-12-2007, 02:11 PM
I don't think you'll ever see me defending Jesse or Al. They're both stooges. I was only responding to Roy's post about needing to regulate black culture so that they can have better music and values. ROFL

As funny as it is to you, seriously, something needs to be done. Kids now days hear what is preached to them, the music, the culture, the slang. They want it, they need it to fit their lifestyles but bitch, screem and moan when somebody says something and it is looked upon as racist.

Double standards ? Why is it any different coming from a white man, yellow man, pink polka dotted than it is if a black man says it ?

Yes,People want less goverment in their lives but how do you control this and still have open air waves, freedom of speech on TV and radio ?

HolmeZz
04-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Read the date on the article: 2005. He really is making a difference. Go Al!

What a joke....

I didn't say he was making a difference and I don't believe he has any real pull. Just pointing out a fallacy in the notion that he hasn't gone after rappers or anybody in popular black culture.

Frazod
04-12-2007, 02:16 PM
By the way, what the f#ck does "nappy" mean? :spock:

KC Dan
04-12-2007, 02:18 PM
I didn't say he was making a difference and I don't believe he has any real pull. Just pointing out a fallacy in the notion that he hasn't gone after rappers or anybody in popular black culture.
I understand what you are saying. But, I am stating that as evidenced by the date of the article and the fact that NOTHING has been reported, written or disclosed of Al's efforts, that I can only assume that he has done NOTHING. Unless the target is white - Al & Jesse play chin music. Nothing more & nothing less.

crazycoffey
04-12-2007, 02:22 PM
By the way, what the f#ck does "nappy" mean? :spock:

several meanings.....

Function: noun
Etymology: obsolete nappy, adjective, foaming
chiefly Scottish : LIQUOR (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/liquor); specifically : ALE (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/ale)

Inflected Form(s): plural nappies
Etymology: English dialect nap bowl, from Middle English, from Old English hn[AE]pp; akin to Old High German hnapf bowl
: a rimless shallow open serving dish

Inflected Form(s): plural nappies
Etymology: napkin + 4-y
chiefly British : DIAPER (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/diaper+)3

Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): nap·pi·er; -est
Etymology: 3nap
: KINKY (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/kinky+)1

I suggest mr Imus clearly define which definition he was referring to.....

Bugeater
04-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): nap·pi·er; -est
Etymology: 3nap
: KINKY (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/kinky+)1

I suggest mr Imus clearly define which definition he was referring to.....
He was obviously using it as an adjective.

crazycoffey
04-12-2007, 02:27 PM
He was obviously using it as an adjective.

not so obvious...... but the definition should offer some entertainment from all of this.

stlchiefs
04-12-2007, 02:27 PM
nappy: gross. see also: greezy azz chit

crazycoffey
04-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Urban dictionary defs;

nappy
a word often used to describe one's hair when it is not straightened in some way(perm, relaxer, straightening comb), when one's hair is in small tight curls, could be used as an adjective to describe someone else's hair.

I need a perm, my newgrowth is growing out, and it is really nappy

nappy
one of African desent who has tightly coiled unkept hair; one with locks of hair that is tightly curled that is unwashed and uncombed

Sholanda has such nappy hair you can see her buckshots even after she gets a perm.

HolmeZz
04-12-2007, 02:30 PM
As funny as it is to you, seriously, something needs to be done. Kids now days hear what is preached to them, the music, the culture, the slang.

You just sound like an old man with a false sense of moral superiority. Aren't you the guy who talks with his daughters about anal sex?

The Generation Gap between kids and adults has always been there and will continue to be there. You're just on the other side of it now. Despite what you might like to believe, you can listen to rap and actually have a sense of morality. Hell, I do. But that doesn't give me the urge to go act out what I hear in a song. There'll always be a few bad apples, but for the most part young adults aren't that impressionable. It's no different and just as stupid as blaming Marilyn Manson for the Columbine shootings.

If you really want to shelter society, you can't just zero in on popular black culture. You've got to get rid of all the other forms of entertainment that give off the same impressions(The Sopranos, GTA games, ect)

|Zach|
04-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Thats awesome.

stlchiefs
04-12-2007, 02:31 PM
gross, greezy azz chit was right on with the urban dictionary huh?

Baby Lee
04-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Nappy means tightly curled/fuzzy/kinky hair, originating in the term nap, referring to the short fuzzy ends of fibers from the middle english hnoppa, meaning tuft.

stlchiefs
04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
It doesn't originate from the practice of curling into a ball when you take a nap?

ROYC75
04-12-2007, 02:38 PM
You just sound like an old man with a false sense of moral superiority. Aren't you the guy who talks with his daughters about anal sex?

The Generation Gap between kids and adults has always been there and will continue to be there. You're just on the other side of it now. Despite what you might like to believe, you can listen to rap and actually have a sense of morality. Hell, I do. But that doesn't give me the urge to go act out what I hear in a song. There'll always be a few bad apples, but for the most part young adults aren't that impressionable. It's no different and just as stupid as blaming Marilyn Manson for the Columbine shootings.

If you really want to shelter society, you can't just zero in on popular black culture. You've got to get rid of all the other forms of entertainment that give off the same impressions(The Sopranos, GTA games, ect)

As for the daughters, Yes, I am, I advise them of how I feel when it is mentioned,just like any father would. I do not approve of their choices they make and feel I should advise of what I feel about it.

FTR, yes, all music, TV programs, movies should be censored. If you teach a child about an alternate lifestyle while they are young, just imagine how they will be when they decide to make choices of their own.

LocoChiefsFan
04-12-2007, 02:40 PM

If I lose out on a job to a less-qualified minority based on the color of my skin, there's no Jesse Jackson-type I can turn to who will express indignant rage on my behalf. I'm just screwed. Oh wait, I'm white - that means I don't have to work because I'm filthy rich and descended from slave owners - but that's not right, since I'm descended from several generations of dirt poor farmers who busted their asses all their lives for next to nothing.

How is this an advantage again?

4321REP!! Great post!!

04-12-2007, 02:42 PM
As funny as it is to you, seriously, something needs to be done. Kids now days hear what is preached to them, the music, the culture, the slang. They want it, they need it to fit their lifestyles but bitch, screem and moan when somebody says something and it is looked upon as racist.

Double standards ? Why is it any different coming from a white man, yellow man, pink polka dotted than it is if a black man says it ?

Yes,People want less goverment in their lives but how do you control this and still have open air waves, freedom of speech on TV and radio ?

Unfortunately, a lot of parents these days think it is the governments job to police their children.

Great parenting = great future adults
Shitty parenting = Odds are against ya kid, sorry.

KC Dan
04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Totally Agree! Therein lies the hypocracy. Rev. Al & Jesse zero in on the white shock jock and it is ok for them not to attack the entire problem. They even refuse to apologize themselves for unfairly convicting the Duke boys because they are white yet at the same time demand apologies from whitey and demand his firing because he defamed black female b'ball players. But, don't you dare equate that in any terms to the big record labels, media outlets, movie producers, or game makers for their hand in spreading hate and sexism because IT'S DIFFERENT. I love hypocracy, I really do.

Iowanian
04-12-2007, 02:50 PM
The Radio just said that Imus was fired from his radio show this afternoon.

Baby Lee
04-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Don gone!!

Eric 'Fred' Norris just nutted his drawers.

God I hope they find this worthy of a Friday show.

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2007, 02:54 PM
The Radio just said that Imus was fired from his radio show this afternoon.

They'll probably announce his execution later this afternoon. :shake:

:rolleyes:

KC Dan
04-12-2007, 02:54 PM
MLK would be proud. :banghead:

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2007, 02:55 PM
MLK would be proud. :banghead:
"I have a dream that one day....the world will be free, from old shock jock geezers who call young black women, nappy-headed hos....I have a dream...."

-- MLK, from his rough draft of the "I have a dream" speech....that Jesse just rediscovered.

listopencil
04-12-2007, 03:02 PM
That's all I'm saying because I'm a blowhard and a coward.

Fixed your post.

Valiant
04-12-2007, 03:03 PM

I believe he just said that so the government and sponsors equally judge people be they black or white(Imus or Sharpton)for the shit they say...

Valiant
04-12-2007, 03:09 PM

Well if you compare the two he hasn't, there was no protests, there were no public outcrying on television condemning them as vile people.. There was an article written on something he might do that he never did...

listopencil
04-12-2007, 03:10 PM
STEVIE WONDER LYRICS

"I Wish"

Looking back on when I
Was a little nappy headed boy
Then my only worry
Was for Christmas what would be my toy
Even though we sometimes
Would not get a thing
We were happy with the
Joy the day would bring

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/steviewonder/iwish.html

This is the definition of the term that Imus was using. It refers to the hair of a stereotypical "black" person when said person doesn't take care of it. There are a whole line of products designed to make a "black" person's hair easier to manage. It's a common problem amongst young "black" people because kids don't take hygiene seriously. It's also a fairly common put down, implying that said person doesn't take care of their hygiene and that they appear disheveled.

If you need more entries in the Honky's Unabridged Encyclopedic Dictionary just let me know. I'm here to help.

kstater
04-12-2007, 03:12 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070412/ap_en_tv/imus_protests

"The news came down in the middle of Imus' Radiothon, which has raised more than $40 million since 1990 for good causes. The Radiothon had raised more than $1.3 million Thursday before Imus learned that he lost his job."

So CBS fired him while he was raising money for charity on the air? Good things from CBS.

Chief Henry
04-12-2007, 03:50 PM
STEVIE WONDER LYRICS

"I Wish"

Looking back on when I
Then my only worry
Even though we sometimes
Would not get a thing
We were happy with the
Joy the day would bring

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/steviewonder/iwish.html

This is the definition of the term that Imus was using. It refers to the hair of a stereotypical "black" person when said person doesn't take care of it. There are a whole line of products designed to make a "black" person's hair easier to manage. It's a common problem amongst young "black" people because kids don't take hygiene seriously. It's also a fairly common put down, implying that said person doesn't take care of their hygiene and that they appear disheveled.

If you need more entries in the Honky's Unabridged Encyclopedic Dictionary just let me know. I'm here to help.

Unbeleavable

supercoupe91
04-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Imus is a pussy and a racist.

He's old brittle bones will soon be 6 feet under the ground.

Duck Dog
04-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Imus is a pussy and a racist.

He's old brittle bones will soon be 6 feet under the ground.

:rolleyes:

Damn this kind of shit brings out the tools.

HolmeZz
04-12-2007, 06:04 PM
FTR, yes, all music, TV programs, movies should be censored.

Uhh, then why are you complaining about Imus facing consequences? By your definition, he probably shouldn't even be on the airwaves to begin with.

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Uhh, then why are you complaining about Imus facing consequences? By your definition, he probably shouldn't even be on the airwaves to begin with.

I think it's the hypocrisy of the situation that seems to escape you.

Many of us who are in dismay over this, are actually quite likely on opposite sides of the whole free speech/censorship debate.

I don't believe in absolute free speech, but I'm one that (despite what you may think, based on my politics) that would air on the side of "tolerance" in most circumstances. However, the standard ought to be the same for everyone. And whether we realize it or not, the threshold for a sort of social censorship has just been lowered.

Hip-hop culture just had a HUGE bullseye painted on them.

04-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Hip-hop culture just had a HUGE bullseye painted on them.

As well they should. I am sick and tired of the lyrics they pollute the airwaves with.

ROYC75
04-12-2007, 07:38 PM

Oh, nice shot there with only half the info...............

My take is , why fire Imus if you are going to let the black gangsta, rap and culture do the same thing to their people ? That's being double standard in my book.

Should he have been suspended ? Yes, he took a topic to far, but not like the music that possibly these girls listen to. Chances are they do,if so, don't cry "WOLF " about it....... if they don't, good for them.

If we are going to watch, listen to the crap about calling people names in this society, don't play the race card and cry wolf !

If you want to clean it up, all of it needs censored....... something that is taboo with the american people..........

We ( the people ) are a victum of our own circumstances.

Deberg_1990
04-12-2007, 07:38 PM
STEVIE WONDER LYRICS

"I Wish"

Looking back on when I
Then my only worry
Even though we sometimes
Would not get a thing
We were happy with the
Joy the day would bring

hahaha...great classic song.

Its also featured quite predominantly in the kids flick "Happy Feet"

The Horror!!!! Hide your children!!! LOL

HolmeZz
04-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Oh, nice shot there with only half the info...............

My take is , why fire Imus if you are going to let the black gangsta, rap and culture do the same thing to their people ? That's being double standard in my book.

Somehow I doubt that if rap was permanently banned, you'd be calling for Imus to get fired.

You aren't about ridding society of filth. If you were, you'd be happy about any attempt to clean up the airwaves. You're not. You're just bitching about a double standard.

listopencil
04-12-2007, 08:47 PM
hahaha...great classic song.

Its also featured quite predominantly in the kids flick "Happy Feet"

The Horror!!!! Hide your children!!! LOL

We just rented it last night. That's why it was the first song to pop into my head when I saw these Imus threads.

Extra Point
04-12-2007, 09:41 PM
"The roster up at Rutgers
Filled with all 'dem nappy headed hoes
Imus dissed the sistas
Down the drain his microphone now goes
He'll be selling books, though
Signing at the mall
At every Barnes and Noble
He'll just have a ball...."

Wonder if Stevie could sing it this way....

huskerdooz
04-13-2007, 03:40 AM

I could be mistaken because I haven't read every word of every thread, but I don't recall anyone that didn't think Imus should not apologize. I do recall many that felt that an apology was sufficient though.

Al Bundy
04-13-2007, 05:48 AM
I don't care about Imus but he is right, those 2 clowns should apologize publicly and privately to the players and their families.

Mr. Kotter
04-13-2007, 08:20 AM
I don't care about Imus but he is right, those 2 clowns should apologize publicly and privately to the players and their families.
Nah, man. As members of a historically oppressed "group"...they have carte blanche to say whatever the fugg they want.

You got that, Whitey?:harumph:

I could be mistaken because I haven't read every word of every thread, but I don't recall anyone that didn't think Imus should not apologize. I do recall many that felt that an apology was sufficient though.

Gerry knows that; he's just playing coy, as usual.

Al Bundy
04-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Nah, man. As members of a historically oppressed "group"...they have carte blanche to say whatever the fugg they want.

You got that, Whitey?:harumph:

Gerry knows that; he's just playing coy, as usual.

Ohhh I know.

Gravedigger
04-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah those Duke players should go on every media outlet and call for Al Sharpton to be fired and have to apologize to them and to be scarred from media for a good chunk of his life and see how it feels.

Mr. Kotter
04-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Yeah those Duke players should go on every media outlet and call for Al Sharpton to be fired and have to apologize to them and to be scarred from media for a good chunk of his life and see how it feels.

Fair is fair.... :hmmm:

Hammock Parties
04-14-2007, 12:32 AM
Did you all see the southpark episode where randy marsh is on wheel of fortune and accidentally says the N word and he has to appologize to Al and Jesse by literally kissing their asses? I love how Matt and Trey take things like that, and use it for their shows.

Personally i really think that all this race shit has gone totally awry. Everybody wants equality, yet when somebody of african descent gets talked about, they get help. When a white guy gets killed, its just a homocide that doesnt matter. This country has become way too damned hypocritical. This isnt a democracy anymore, its a hypocracy.....