PDA

View Full Version : Calvin Johnson...

KCfanfromNC
04-12-2007, 08:55 AM
I know we have a lot of wholes to fill and trading up would probably not be the best thing to do, but CJ is a once in a lifetime player. He has TO's size and physical prowess and Randy Moss' speed and jumping ability. On top of that, he has absolutely no baggage, and has made some of the most unreal catches I've ever seen made by anyone. I think when he steps on the field next year, he'll be a top 5 wide receiver in the league immediately. I know it's not going to happen and I'm just rambling, but if a miracle were to happen and we got him, I would punish myself with alcohol in excitement.

KCfanfromNC
04-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Just to add one more thing, he did all that with a terrible QB in college.

BigChiefFan
04-12-2007, 09:05 AM
I think most agree, he's great, but we don't stand a chance in Hell of landing him.

KCfanfromNC
04-12-2007, 09:07 AM
I think most agree, he's great, but we don't stand a chance in Hell of landing him.

I know, that's what sucks. But I can still dream...

BigChiefFan
04-12-2007, 09:13 AM
I know, that's what sucks. But I can still dream...
Sure, but you've probably seen the last post on this thread.

OnTheWarpath15
04-12-2007, 09:15 AM
What really sucks for Johnson is that of the Top 4 teams, the one that would suit him the best is Detroit, but there is no way they are going WR again.

Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson in a Mike Martz offense?

Look the **** out.......

KCfanfromNC
04-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Sure, but you've probably seen the last post on this thread.

What do you think it would take to draft up to the 4 spot, if he's still there, to get him? I don't think there is one person on our entire team I wouldn't package in outside of LJ maybe.

KCfanfromNC
04-12-2007, 09:20 AM
and the reason I brought this up is I just saw one of his highlight films on youtube, and it got me excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvBUKqhT0FE

BigChiefFan
04-12-2007, 09:25 AM
What do you think it would take to draft up to the 4 spot, if he's still there, to get him? I don't think there is one person on our entire team I wouldn't package in outside of LJ maybe.I'm not exactly sure how many points(yes, there is a formula for all draft picks' values) it would take, but I would imagine it would take our 1st rounder this year and next, plus Tony Gonzales, maybe even a 3rd or 4th rounder, too. It's too much for a team that is rebuilding and has massive holes in many areas.

milkman
04-12-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm not exactly sure how many points(yes, there is a formula for all draft picks' values) it would take, but I would imagine it would take our 1st rounder this year and next, plus Tony Gonzales, maybe even a 3rd or 4th rounder, too. It's too much for a team that is rebuilding and has massive holes in many areas.

Someone posted the chart in one of these draft threads, but it would probably take all of our picks this year and another next year to move that far up.