PDA

View Full Version : BigDaddy: I apologize...

wutamess
04-12-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm no longer afraid of Pitt Bulls after seeing this monster.
Snopes says pic isn't real but story is.

http://i15.tinypic.com/2dc7jwk.jpg

Snopes article...
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hercules.asp#photo

wutamess
04-12-2007, 10:47 PM
What happened? Snopes has a link blocker or something?

Hammock Parties
04-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Hotlinking is bad. Use Imageshack.

wutamess
04-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Hotlinking is bad. Use Imageshack.

Uploaded to tinypic.

Smed1065
04-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Snopes worked for me from the link.

wutamess
04-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Snopes worked for me from the link.

Well I linked the pic to snopes and clicked back on the thread and it was a big green smilie like you can't link pic directly to them or something... Uploaded to tinypic and there's nothing to see people.

boogblaster
04-12-2007, 11:01 PM
My friend had a Bull-mastoff.. we were driving down a country road one day and came upon a large badger.. we thought it would be a good fight because badgers are mean SOBs..we dumped the dog..it killed the badger in about 20 seconds ....

pr_capone
04-12-2007, 11:51 PM
My friend had a Bull-mastoff.. we were driving down a country road one day and came upon a large badger.. we thought it would be a good fight because badgers are mean SOBs..we dumped the dog..it killed the badger in about 20 seconds ....

So you had your friend;s dog kill a badger for your amusement???

You suck.

Scorp
04-13-2007, 01:40 AM
Have you ever heard of a liger? Now that is some scary crap.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/rombeck/liger_real.jpg

pr_capone
04-13-2007, 01:42 AM
Have you ever heard of a liger? Now that is some scary crap.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/rombeck/liger_real.jpg
yeh... It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

Eric
04-13-2007, 02:07 AM
Worlds largest dog
http://www.mastiff.com.au/about_the_mastiff.htm

King_Chief_Fan
04-13-2007, 08:54 AM

I have dachsunds that can kill badgers

Lzen
04-13-2007, 09:24 AM
The real Hercules.

http://vsm.cape.com/~trailbos/images/Hercules.jpg

http://vsm.cape.com/~trailbos/Hercules.html

Phobia
04-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Why would anybody want a Mastiff? I mean, it would be like inviting Jason Whitlock over to your backyard to take a dump a couple times a day. Who wants to clean that crap up?

The only way I'd own one is if he was toilet trained.

vailpass
04-13-2007, 09:50 AM
So you had your friend;s dog kill a badger for your amusement???

You suck.

What do you find objectionable about that?

wutamess
04-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Why would anybody want a Mastiff? I mean, it would be like inviting Jason Whitlock over to your backyard to take a dump a couple times a day. Who wants to clean that crap up?

No shit...
That is what's keeping me from getting a French Bulldog.
And the fact that I don't wanna have to potty train it.
And don't want to have to let it out every morning to potty.
And I don't want to have to let it in every night with it's dirty feet tracking dirt all over the carpet.
And I barely have enough time for my rugrats.

That is all I suppose.

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2007, 10:02 AM

Because he's a humaniac, maniac for your glove.

Bwana
04-13-2007, 10:09 AM

The only way I'd own one is if he was toilet trained.I own a lab and a mastiff. The lab eats more than the mastiff and the mastiff weighs around 210 pounds. One hell of a good dog.

Lzen
04-13-2007, 10:14 AM

Well, for starters..........wait! Was it nappy headed?

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2007, 10:15 AM
I own a lab and a mastiff. The lab eats more than the mastiff and the mastiff weighs around 210 pounds. One hell of a good dog.

I have several friends with Bull Mastiffs. I love the Bully breeds period, all of them.

vailpass
04-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Because he's a humaniac, maniac for your glove.
LMAO

Well, for starters..........wait! Was it nappy headed?
LMAO

pr_capone
04-13-2007, 11:18 AM

Killing an animal for sheer amusement??

I'm no tree hugger but that is just wrong. Had it been in his back yard rooting through his trash bin or harrasing the family... if it posed even the slightest threat, I could understand.

But killing it while in the wild just for shits and giggles???

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2007, 11:29 AM

I'm no tree hugger but that is just wrong. Had it been in his back yard rooting through his trash bin or harrasing the family... if it posed even the slightest threat, I could understand.

I let my dog go after jack rabbits, oh the humanity. ROFL

pr_capone
04-13-2007, 11:37 AM
I let my dog go after jack rabbits, oh the humanity. ROFL

There is a difference between letting your dog follow his natural instincs to hunt and letting a dog loose on a wild animal for sport "because is would be a good fight".

I bet your dog eats the jack rabbits it catches, eh?

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2007, 11:43 AM
There is a difference between letting your dog follow his natural instincs to hunt and letting a dog loose on a wild animal "because is would be a good fight".

I bet your dog eats the jack rabbits it catches, eh?

Actually I haven't done it in over a year now due to the humaniacs out here. He's gotten squirrels, skunks and raccoons though in the back yard. I really need to run him this weekend he's getting wound a little tight recently.

pr_capone
04-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Actually I haven't done it in over a year now due to the humaniacs out here. He's gotten squirrels, skunks and raccoons though in the back yard. I really need to run him this weekend he's getting wound a little tight recently.

Same with my dog. She like to chase any manner of furry critter than enters her domain. I've found remains of squirrels and birds... and that I have no problem with at all.

It is the killing for sport that bothered me.

KC Kings
04-13-2007, 11:49 AM

I am no humaniac but I don't think it is right to have animals kill each other just for the sport of it.

Kind of like how I hunt, but would never kill an animal I didn't intend on eating. Unless you count the rabbits I have shot with my bb gun to protect my back yard tomato crop.

MOhillbilly
04-13-2007, 11:59 AM
ive had my dogs kill many a type of vermin for fun.
If they enjoy it and i rid the world of trash animals all the better.

Valiant
04-13-2007, 12:02 PM

I think this is where someone comes in a makes a wife joke...

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2007, 12:02 PM
I am no humaniac but I don't think it is right to have animals kill each other just for the sport of it.

Kind of like how I hunt, but would never kill an animal I didn't intend on eating. Unless you count the rabbits I have shot with my bb gun to protect my back yard tomato crop.

It's a good workout for them and we have too many rabbits out here anyway. The humaniacs freak when people use their Greyhounds to go after them then the overpopulation has to be poisoned which causes all kinds of other enviromental problems. I just wish I could turn mine lose on the deer around here, there are WAY too many. People here would have a coronary if I did that though.

vailpass
04-13-2007, 12:08 PM

If it is the natural instinct of the dog to do so who are we to say it is wrong? I mean, the dog goes after the animal because he wants to doesn't he?

eazyb81
04-13-2007, 12:25 PM
For those of you that own Mastiffs or have been around them, how bad is the drooling? I've been tossing around the idea of buying a Mastiff, but I have some concerns about it drooling constantly and ruining clothes and furniture.

I'm also considering an English Bulldog.

eazyb81
04-13-2007, 12:28 PM
If it is the natural instinct of the dog to do so who are we to say it is wrong? I mean, the dog goes after the animal because he wants to doesn't he?

Some dogs also have the natural instinct to hump people. Do you let your dog hump anyone that comes in your home?

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2007, 12:33 PM
For those of you that own Mastiffs or have been around them, how bad is the drooling? I've been tossing around the idea of buying a Mastiff, but I have some concerns about it drooling constantly and ruining clothes and furniture.

I'm also considering an English Bulldog.

The longer the lips the more drooling issues you will have. Put their water dish outside and get their food when they're outside or in the garage. That's when they drool the most.

Love English Bullies. My advise there would be to join an English Bulldog club. Go to won of their shows and see the top breeders and their dogs. Make sure there are no health issues. This could save you huge $$$$ down the road and will give you the best chance at getting the personality you want.

eazyb81
04-13-2007, 12:36 PM
The longer the lips the more drooling issues you will have. Put their water dish outside and get their food when they're outside or in the garage. That's when they drool the most.

Love English Bullies. My advise there would be to join an English Bulldog club. Go to won of their shows and see the top breeders and their dogs. Make sure there are no health issues. This could save you huge $$$$ down the road and will give you the best chance at getting the personality you want.

Which breed do you think would get along better with an APBT?

vailpass
04-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Some dogs also have the natural instinct to hump people. Do you let your dog hump anyone that comes in your home?

Yeah but you have to buy him a drink first. ;)

Seriously, dogs don't have the urge to hump people; they have the urge to reproduce. It is a natural instinct, like attacking other animals.

eazyb81
04-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Yeah but you have to buy him a drink first. ;)

Seriously, dogs don't have the urge to hump people; they have the urge to reproduce. It is a natural instinct, like attacking other animals.

I guess my main point is that you shouldn't necessarily let your dog do something just because it wants to or has a natural inclination towards. You own the dog, the dog doesn't own you.

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Which breed do you think would get along better with an APBT?

English, they most likely will not be seen as a threat to the APBT. Funny you should mention that. My English Bully female raised my APBT. I would get the opposite sex as well.

pr_capone
04-13-2007, 01:16 PM

Then by all means, lets get dog fighting to be legal again! It is, after all, their natural instinct to go after other animals.

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Then by all means, lets get dog fighting to be legal again! It is, after all, their natural instinct to go after other animals.

Actually that is probably a great idea. In Japan it is legal and they have only a small fraction of the fights we do here in the states. They are also regulated about 10x better. As usual outlawing it has only made matters worse kind of like the humaniacs not wanting animals wacked in Chinatown. Now they hand you live animals and you have to go wack them yourself. It was WAY more humane before.

beer bacon
04-13-2007, 01:39 PM

I don't think it is a dog's natural instinct to go car riding in the country searching for badgers to fight.

vailpass
04-13-2007, 01:53 PM

Agreed.

vailpass
04-13-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't think it is a dog's natural instinct to go car riding in the country searching for badgers to fight.

You think it's possible to force a dog to attack a badger?

beer bacon
04-13-2007, 01:57 PM

When exactly did I say that?

vailpass
04-13-2007, 02:02 PM
When exactly did I say that?

Posted by beer bacon - Today at 12:39 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by vailpass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------beer bacon

I gathered from you above response that you did not think it was the dog's natural instinct to attack the badger. I apologize if I have misinterpreted.

King_Chief_Fan
04-13-2007, 02:03 PM

I don't think it is forced, but it is in their breeding/genetics.
Dachsunds were bred for that very purpose. They go right down the hole after them.

MOhillbilly
04-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Dachsunds were bred for that very purpose. They go right down the hole after them.
goodluck finding one from a working family you could purchase today.
Lots of dogs have "traits" but if they dont wanna you cant make em.

King_Chief_Fan
04-13-2007, 02:11 PM
goodluck finding one from a working family you could purchase today.
Lots of dogs have "traits" but if they dont wanna you cant make em.

The little buzzard I have will chase down anything anytime. He doesn't care how big or how mean......come to think of it, he might be crazy.

beer bacon
04-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Posted by beer bacon - Today at 12:39 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by vailpass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------beer bacon

I gathered from you above response that you did not think it was the dog's natural instinct to attack the badger. I apologize if I have misinterpreted.

My point was that it wasn't the dogs natural instinct to be put in that specific situation, but it was instead humans that put in him there. I don't think many animals have it encoded in their genes to hop in their car so they can drive around looking for fights. That is pretty specific to humans.

The idea of driving around looking for animals for your pet to fight doesn't sit very well with me.

boogblaster
04-13-2007, 02:13 PM
I really dont care what anyone thinks about my friends bulldog or myself.. pm me if you've got a problem .. Ill settle it anywhere you want for you quick ...

beer bacon
04-13-2007, 02:15 PM
I really dont care what anyone thinks about my friends bulldog or myself.. pm me if you've got a problem .. Ill settle it anywhere you want for you quick ...

I am sorry, but I really don't want to fight your dog.

pr_capone
04-13-2007, 02:16 PM

Ohhhhhh threats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you bring the dog as well? ROFL

[Roy D Mercer] Well, how big a boy are ya? [/Roy D Mercer]

pr_capone
04-13-2007, 02:17 PM
I am sorry, but I really don't want to fight your dog.
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2007, 02:19 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

You catch what I posted on Japan?

eazyb81
04-13-2007, 02:19 PM

My grandparents had a crazy dachsund when I was growing up. Whenever I spent the night over there, he would sleep in my room and growl at my grandpa if he dared to go in there.

boogblaster
04-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Bigger than you annelids can handle ...

wutamess
04-13-2007, 02:23 PM
My grandparents had a crazy dachsund when I was growing up. Whenever I spent the night over there, he would sleep in my room and he & I would go at it for hours.

Man. Those were the days.

Fixed. :thumb:

pr_capone
04-13-2007, 02:26 PM
You catch what I posted on Japan?
Sorry, missed it.

I'm all for the regulation of it if it were to be re-legalized... but I'm not sold that it is what dogs are meant to do.

Sure they fight in the wild... usually over food, females, or territory. That is because of their natural instinct to do so to protect themselves and their pack... especially when pups are involved.

Putting 2 dogs in a cage to have a go at one another is not natural by any means tho.

pr_capone
04-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Sweet!!! Throwing out the obscure words!!!

I definitely dont want to mess with you now!!!

:rolleyes:

pr_capone
04-13-2007, 02:28 PM
ROFL

Lzen
04-13-2007, 02:41 PM

Are you trying to tell us something, roger? Perhaps some repressed memories? :hmmm:

eazyb81
04-13-2007, 02:44 PM

Truly brilliant.

Gay sex on the mind?

wutamess
04-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Are you trying to tell us something, roger? Perhaps some repressed memories? :hmmm:

Only repressed memories I can summon at the moment are the obvious "gimmies" your nephew dropped last football season. You working on them hands?

wutamess
04-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Truly brilliant.

Gay sex on the mind?

You left out the beastiality part.

Lzen
04-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Only repressed memories I can summon at the moment are the obvious "gimmies" your nephew dropped last football season. You working on them hands?

Ha ha ha. Say, when you planning on getting a football game together? Anytime soon?

MOhillbilly
04-13-2007, 03:08 PM

well how big an ol boy ar ya?

afchiefs
04-13-2007, 03:10 PM
You all talking about Dog Vs. whatever fights, outside of town their is a guy that has about 75 - 55gal drums about 3' in the air with a chain attached to it. At the end of the chain is a rooster. They are spaced so no rooster can reach another one. I know cock fighting is illegal in Mo. but what about other states. I would like to see that. I know I sent this thread off the subject but what else do you think he might be doing if not fighting them birds. :hmmm:

MOhillbilly
04-13-2007, 03:15 PM
You all talking about Dog Vs. whatever fights, outside of town their is a guy that has about 75 - 55gal drums about 3' in the air with a chain attached to it. At the end of the chain is a rooster. They are spaced so no rooster can reach another one. I know cock fighting is illegal in Mo. but what about other states. I would like to see that. I know I sent this thread off the subject but what else do you think he might be doing if not fighting them birds. :hmmm:
its not chains its tieouts(flexcord w/ hitches)
you can show your gamefowl and its not illeagle to own them. LA is the only state that is OPEN. there are other states where its not open but theres no specific law against it.

what is highly illeagle however is interstate transportation of animals used in animal fighting/baiting.

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2007, 03:24 PM
what is highly illeagle however is interstate transportation of animals used in animal fighting/baiting.

How in the hell are they supposed to go about proving that?

vailpass
04-13-2007, 03:27 PM

(insert fowl play joke here)

MOhillbilly
04-13-2007, 03:27 PM

they dont have to prove it. intent is the name of the game.

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2007, 03:30 PM
they dont have to prove it. intent is the name of the game.

People send pits across the country all the time. I have never even heard of it being a problem. I'm not even getting into the over the boarder thing which happens frequently and I have yet to hear of a problem there either.

afchiefs
04-13-2007, 03:30 PM
(insert fowl play joke here)

That was my intent :D

Skip Towne
04-13-2007, 03:33 PM
As big as Dangerous Dan?

MOhillbilly
04-13-2007, 03:34 PM
People send pits across the country all the time. I have never even heard of it being a problem. I'm not even getting into the over the boarder thing which happens frequently and I have yet to hear of a problem there either.

get pulled over w/ a outta state plate,dog,and parting stick and see what happens.
or a show of cocks,gaffs ect. youre in deeeeep shit youll do more time and pay more fines than if you were selling drugs to first graders.
the police state makes busts all the time w/ nothing more than intent.

pr_capone
04-13-2007, 03:37 PM
get pulled over w/ a outta state plate,dog,and parting stick and see what happens.
or a show of cocks,gaffs ect. youre in deeeeep shit youll do more time and pay more fines than if you were selling drugs to first graders.
*giggles*

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2007, 03:38 PM

Seems to me like anyone with an attorney worth shit should walk. MOF I drive around all the time with Taz and out of state plates. Most of the time I don't have the sticks though. Been pulled over many times too. Must be some of that mid-west justice thang ya all got going on out there.

MOhillbilly
04-13-2007, 03:39 PM
this is the revised old law. last i heard peta/hsus were pushing for an even tougher law. fines/punishments are per animal.

http://ensign.senate.gov/issleg/legislation/109/s382.htm

MOhillbilly
04-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Seems to me like anyone with an attorney worth shit should walk. MOF I drive around all the time with Taz and out of state plates. Most of the time I don't have the sticks though. Been pulled over many times too. Must be some of that mid-west justice thang ya all got going on out there.

you would think.

afchiefs
04-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Has anyone here actually been to one of these fights?

MOhillbilly
04-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Has anyone here actually been to one of these fights?

when OK was open every weekend.

afchiefs
04-13-2007, 03:44 PM
when OK was open every weekend.

Details.....Details......

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2007, 03:44 PM
this is the revised old law. last i heard peta/hsus were pushing for an even tougher law. fines/punishments are per animal.

http://ensign.senate.gov/issleg/legislation/109/s382.htm

Seems like you would tranport the dogs/cocks seperately from anything else then. What amazes me is the media knows what POS PETA and the HSUS are but they rarely get any bad publicity.

MOhillbilly
04-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Seems like you would tranport the dogs/cocks seperately from anything else then. What amazes me is the media knows what POS PETA and the HSUS are but they rarely get any bad publicity.

thats the loophole.

but get busted outta state....

MOhillbilly
04-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Details.....Details......

like what?

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2007, 03:48 PM
thats the loophole.

but get busted outta state....

I know of one guy that got pulled over with 3 dogs. They jacked him up. They said "these fightin dogs?" he said "no, why they look like they've been fighting" Guys says no. There you go, he drove off.

MOhillbilly
04-13-2007, 03:50 PM
I know of one guy that got pulled over with 3 dogs. They jacked him up. They said "these fightin dogs?" he said "no, why they look like they've been fighting" Guys says no. There you go, he drove off.

ROFL

afchiefs
04-13-2007, 03:57 PM
like what?

Like was it held in a nice areana or someplace close to Deliverence.
Did the birds fight to the death, was wagers placed? Did you have those skimpy clad babes with the round # signs :p

Ive never been to one or know anyone that has but the damn rooster did chase me out of the chicken yard when I was a little chit on my uncles farm.

boogblaster
04-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Skip... Dangerous Dan is a little taller..I outweigh him by 80 lbs....

wutamess
04-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Ha ha ha. Say, when you planning on getting a football game together? Anytime soon?

Probably won't be until next football season.
I've been in softball tourneys every weekend since mid February.

We might be able to pull one out of our asses soon though.
It'd probably have to be a Sunday instead of Saturday at this rate.

MOhillbilly
04-14-2007, 06:34 AM
Like was it held in a nice areana or someplace close to Deliverence.
Did the birds fight to the death, was wagers placed? Did you have those skimpy clad babes with the round # signs :p

Ive never been to one or know anyone that has but the damn rooster did chase me out of the chicken yard when I was a little chit on my uncles farm.The main pits had stadium seating,were clean and run tip-top,youd pay to get in the door they had food and drink,and the crowd was varied.
as far as to the death its more win,lose or draw. Wagers were placed at times w/ odds being given both ways.

CHIEF4EVER
04-14-2007, 07:49 AM
I have dachsunds that can kill badgers

I don't doubt it. Dachs Hund = Badger Dog in German.