PDA

View Full Version : Classic Broncos

Color Red
04-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Broncos Al Wilson had a standup season last year though he dealt with injuries. One was a particularly significant one to his neck.

Denver tried to trade Wilson to the Giants but the deal was killed when Al failed his physical. Bronco fans had mixed feelings about Denver trying to move their defensive leader, and many wondered why the attempted trade.

Issue of the failed physical made the dealing even more curious. One local commentator poo pooed the far reaching idea of the team trying to deal away damaged goods; the Broncos wouldn't do that... would they?? Not the Broncos.

Wilson represented a significant hit on their salary cap, but you wouldn't get rid of a signficant quality player, would you? I guess only if you can't dump him off on some chump team in a trade.

Broncos cut Wilson this week.

Prodigal19
04-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Broncos Al Wilson had a standup season last year though he dealt with injuries. One was a particularly significant one to his neck.

Denver tried to trade Wilson to the Giants but the deal was killed when Al failed his physical. Bronco fans had mixed feelings about Denver trying to move their defensive leader, and many wondered why the attempted trade.

Issue of the failed physical made the dealing even more curious. One local commentator poo pooed the far reaching idea of the team trying to deal away damaged goods; the Broncos wouldn't do that... would they?? Not the Broncos.

Wilson represented a significant hit on their salary cap, but you wouldn't get rid of a signficant quality player, would you? I guess only if you can't dump him off on some chump team in a trade.

Broncos cut Wilson this week.
what is typical broncos? Cutting a player that was no longer needed?
wow those bad bad people.

Amnorix
04-14-2007, 04:40 PM
I hate the Broncos quite passionately, but this is pretty weak smack.

Skip Towne
04-14-2007, 04:47 PM
I hate the Broncos quite passionately, but this is pretty weak smack.
It came from a n00b.

Halfcan
04-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Why wouldn't they try to get rid of the guy? They assraped the stoopind Skins the last few years.

I wish the Chiefs would cut about 10 more guys.

Reerun_KC
04-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Denver is smart, Shit the Chiefs would of signed him to a long term deal ie Jerome Woods...

They win because they are smart and we are stuck with Carl and Herm...

No need to hate for intelligence...

Skip Towne
04-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Denver is smart, Shit the Chiefs would of signed him to a long term deal ie Jerome Woods...

They win because they cheat and we are stuck with Carl and Herm...

Fixed it.

Hammock Parties
04-14-2007, 05:11 PM
They win because they are smart and we are stuck with Carl and Herm...

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6559/untitled2lk7.jpg

OctoberFart
04-14-2007, 05:30 PM
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6559/untitled2lk7.jpg
Looks like 9-7 to me. I know you say the chefs made the playoffs but lets be honest here and this isn't trolling but the truth. Look at the conference records. AFC is clearly better. What teams did KC beat vs Denver? Tiebreakers don't necessarily mean the best team went to the playoffs.

Hammock Parties
04-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Shut up bitch.

OctoberFart
04-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Shut up bitch.
You should let me play with your bitch tits.

kcfanXIII
04-14-2007, 05:38 PM
KC went to the playoffs last year, because denver couldn'tbeat san fran at home.....
you really deserved to be there.

Color Red
04-14-2007, 08:50 PM
The point isn't that they released him. The point is that they tried to trade him before. And the pompous comment in Denver media at the time that the Broncos wouldn't trade "damaged goods" to another team.

Now they release Wilson and it's all over Denver media that he is hurt, isn't cleared by doctors to play. So he was damaged goods. And they did try to trade him. I assume they hoped to sneak him through a physical administered by another team, or it was all a sham.

The assumed position about Wilson before they tried to trade him was that he was okay. His release now is an economic decision as even Wilson admitted, but who really thinks they'd let him go if he was well and able to continue playing at the top of his game. Do you?

Remember, this is the bunch that wrongfully restructured contracts leading up to their Super Bowl winning years. Character in business dealings should mean something to you if you care about playing by the rules.

Mecca
04-14-2007, 08:54 PM
I consider trying to trade him first smart......if the team you trade him to is stupid and lets it go through hey that's on them.

I don't consider that shady I consider it smart and worth a shot.

Color Red
04-14-2007, 09:19 PM
That's why you administer physicals before you complete the deal. Especially when you are dealing with the Broncos.

All I'm saying is voices around here (Denver media) were indignant about the thought that the Broncos would try to trade damaged goods. As if Denver would never do that. Well apparently they would.

And so you say you would too.

ClevelandBronco
04-14-2007, 11:46 PM
KC went to the playoffs last year, because denver couldn'tbeat san fran at home.....
you really deserved to be there.

It's really kind of you to throw us a bone, and I thank you for it, but the Broncos didn't deserve to be there at all. They knew what they had to do and they didn't get it done against a team that didn't have a sniff of the playoffs, on the Broncos' home field.

(Stealing a line from Dan Jenkins,) "What can happen, did happen."

The Chiefs won the game they needed to win, and the Broncos lost the game that would have made the Chiefs' win meaningless. All props have to go to the Chiefs.