PDA

View Full Version : Official Jackie Robinson Day Thread

LTforMVP
04-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Why am I not shocked that there is not a single thread about this yet about 12 on your fellow klansman Imus?

Cheers to a great man who challenged bigotry and racism that unfortunately still exists today (especially on Chiefs Planet).

blueballs
04-15-2007, 06:23 PM
damn I forgot to flush again
I knew it smelled strong enough
to walk off on it's own

MIAdragon
04-15-2007, 07:08 PM
why do we need a thread about it? you cant turn on the TV w/o something to do with it, now go away.

LTforMVP
04-15-2007, 07:08 PM
why do we need a thread about it? you cant turn on the TV w/o something to do with it, now go away.

That wasn't the case for Imus?

MIAdragon
04-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Ok what do you want to talk about? Let me see if I can round' the Klan and we can have a group session...

MIAdragon
04-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Ok Ill start why is there not a “Luis Castro” day? The first Latin American to enter the big leagues Philadelphia Athletics in 1902.

LTforMVP
04-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Ok what do you want to talk about? Let me see if I can round' the Klan and we can have a group session...

Make sure to pick up FAX

blueballs
04-15-2007, 07:19 PM
you are about to
lose your lynching
privileges

MIAdragon
04-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Or why are the numbers of Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb and Cy Young not retired league wide?

kstater
04-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Or why are the numbers of Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb and Cy Young not retired league wide?

Because of the Racists' :)

MIAdragon
04-15-2007, 07:24 PM
you are about to
lose your lynching
privileges

god I have trouble tying my shoes (love Velcro!) so if we are relying on me for lynching it anit gonna happen.

blueballs
04-15-2007, 07:29 PM
god I have trouble tying my shoes (love Velcro!) so if we are relying on me for lynching it anit gonna happen.

no-no-no
you get to cheap shot them

LTforMVP
04-15-2007, 07:30 PM

None of them had to deal with thousands of racist rednecks from the South threatening and harassing them because of the color of their skin.

JBucc
04-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Black people don't even like baseball anymore.

MIAdragon
04-15-2007, 07:32 PM
None of them had to deal with thousands of racist rednecks from the South threatening and harassing them because of the color of their skin.

Who sounds racist now??

MIAdragon
04-15-2007, 07:38 PM

ahh so because he put up with taunts he should be elevated above the rest?

What about Larry Doby the second black player and the first in the American league a mere 2 months after JR started to play???

Jenson71
04-15-2007, 07:51 PM

Cobb used to call Ruth a n*gger. He wouldn't sleep in the same room as him, partly because of it.

Gravedigger
04-15-2007, 08:09 PM
I dunno about you guys but I'm personally dying to see tomorrows sportscenter and wait for them to snag Stephen A. Smith and Micheal Smith to see how they were impacted by today's significance. The main reason why people are not impressed by today's festivities is cause the media had a hayday with it all week so when the day finally came we heard the same talk we heard at the beginning of the week. The media coverage killed today by basically degrading it to nothing more than overhyped anticlimactic day instead of a day of rememberance like it should have been. By the end of this week long coverage people were sick and tired of hearing about it which is sad. I would have been more content with hearing from one of my buddies that today was Jackie Robinsons' 60th anniversary.

88TG88
04-15-2007, 09:55 PM
The festivities were pretty good but why did they have Shawn Wayans talking about Jackie Robinson ? Dodgers won in a great tribute to a great man.