PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Tech shootings discussion without politics

Bob Dole
04-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Odd that the latest update names William Morva. Wonder if it's the same one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Morva

Oops... Bob Dole doesn't read so well. duh.

BLACKSBURG, Va. - A shooting at a Virginia Tech dorm Monday left at least one person dead, a state government official with knowledge of the case told The Associated Press.

Meantime, officials said there were seven to eight additional casualties.

A gunman was “loose on the campus” the state university said on its Web site. The advisory said a shooting had occurred at a residence hall and that students should stay in their homes away from windows.

“There’s just a lot of commotion. It’s hard to tell exactly what’s going on,” said student Jason Anthony Smith, 19, who lives in the building where shooting took place.

The shooting was reported at West Ambler Johnston Hall.

Officials ordered the campus closed, the second time in less than a year the 26,000-student campus was shut because of a shooting.

In August 2006, the opening day of classes was canceled and the campus closed when an escaped jail inmate allegedly killed a hospital guard off campus and fled to the Tech area. A sheriff’s deputy involved in the manhunt was killed on a trail just off campus.

The accused gunman, William Morva, faces capital murder charges.

kcxiv
04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
I heard up to 32 dead now? WTF is that. Alot of sad families today. not to mention that school may be done. Who would want to go there now? wow.

crazycoffey
04-16-2007, 12:07 PM
damn asians, it's all their slick corse haired and better/cheaper electronic making fault.

HolmeZz
04-16-2007, 12:08 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d9/William_Charles_Morva_three_mugshots.jpg

What a weirdo.

FAX
04-16-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm lost. Like a lonely duck in the tall grass lost.

FAX

FAX
04-16-2007, 03:10 PM
This is Mr. Bob Dole's thread, everybody.

FAX

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 03:15 PM
I went to this school for 5 years and graduated in 98...please pray for these families ..

"To the people that really care about me, just continue to pray. And to those who are going to say what they want to say, may God be with you also."

-Walter Payton

Bob Dole
04-16-2007, 04:05 PM
I went to this school for 5 years and graduated in 98...please pray for these families ..

That's got to really drive a bizarre event like this home when you're familiar with the campus. Damn.

FAX
04-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Mr. Bob Dole, I have a request.

The other thread was moved to DC (perhaps by you in order to generate more posts in this thread, I don't know). But, can you put something in your thread starter about "no gun control arguments allowed", so we can discuss this news in the main forum?

If so, thanks.

FAX

crazycoffey
04-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Mr. Bob Dole, I have a request.

The other thread was moved to DC (perhaps by you in order to generate more posts in this thread, I don't know). But, can you put something in your thread starter about "no gun control arguments allowed", so we can discuss this news in the main forum?

If so, thanks.

FAX

I know I got envolved with that other discussion, but I would like to strongly second Mr. Fax's request.

In addition, make it a banable offense.

Coach
04-16-2007, 04:13 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d9/William_Charles_Morva_three_mugshots.jpg

What a weirdo.

That's the fruity bastard that was gunning down people?

:shake:

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 04:13 PM
That's got to really drive a bizarre event like this home when you're familiar with the campus. Damn.

It's crazy..I know the school...where these building are....heck...I have even had "relations" in West AJ, a coed dorm. It's all a little weird, depressing, and madning.

Raiderhater
04-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Do we know if they guy responsible was a student there?

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 04:14 PM
That's the fruity bastard that was gunning down people?

:shake:

that guy did some crap last year....

In 93-94 to guys escaped from Prison within a county and Tech kinds shutdown in case they came our way, but I think they went to WVA instead

FAX
04-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Do we know if they guy responsible was a student there?

I've heard nothing about him whatsoever, Mr. Raiderhader. Normally, by now they would have released a name. But, so far, I haven't seen it.

FAX

ChiefFan31
04-16-2007, 04:17 PM
That is beyond crazy. I can't believe the count was so high.

So that is a picture of the guy?

I bet he has the three name thing.

Coach
04-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Damn, people in our society are really ****ed up. :shake:

A bomb threat at an Elementary school in Sandy Eggo.

FAX
04-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Bomb threat at the University of Tennessee this afternoon as well, Mr. Coach.

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=6377107&nav=menu7_2_1

FAX

Skip Towne
04-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Whose thread is this?

DaFace
04-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Whose thread is this?

Ahh...such an interesting question, Skip.

Who really has ownership of any thread for that matter? Is it the thread-starter? After all, they are in a sense the founder of the ideas that make up a thread. Or is it the possession of the community as a whole? Each person contributes to the content in a thread, thereby making everyone responsible for what a thread will eventually become.

Or, perhaps, are all threads, in a sense, Kyle's? He owns the server and can basically exercise his will in allowing us to use the forum. He is like the god of our little online world...

Skip Towne
04-16-2007, 05:01 PM

Who really has ownership of any thread for that matter? Is it the thread-starter? After all, they are in a sense the founder of the ideas that make up a thread. Or is it the possession of the community as a whole? Each person contributes to the content in a thread, thereby making everyone responsible for what a thread will eventually become.

Or, perhaps, are all threads, in a sense, Kyle's? He owns the server and can basically exercise his will in allowing us to use the forum. He is like the god of our little online world...
You're spending too much time around Kevin.

DaFace
04-16-2007, 05:03 PM
You're spending too much time around Kevin.

You're probably right.

Deberg_1990
04-16-2007, 05:03 PM

Or perhaps in some weird way, its Al Gore, since he is the one who made this crazy internet thing all possible...

Bob Dole
04-16-2007, 05:05 PM
It's crazy..I know the school...where these building are....heck...I have even had "relations" in West AJ, a coed dorm. It's all a little weird, depressing, and madning.

It's bad enough to read about it when you have no familiarity with the campus or the people, and no memories tied to the place. Bob Dole can't imagine how it would feel to read about an event like this occurring at any of the half-dozen universities which tossed Bob Dole out on his ass.

Eric
04-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Why don't police show a photo of the guy?

Give a name. do something. Why wait ?

Deberg_1990
04-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Why don't police show a photo of the guy?

Give a name. do something. Why wait ?

Perhaps next of kin hasnt been contacted yet??

FAX
04-16-2007, 05:24 PM
I've heard a couple of things so far, Mr. Eric. One is that he shot himself in the face making identification difficult. The other is that they're withholding his identification so as not to impede the investigation.

I've heard nothing as to whether or not he had ID on him.

What's strange is that Fox is still reporting that there is some question as to whether the two shootings were related.

FAX

Bob Dole
04-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Perhaps next of kin hasnt been contacted yet??

Bob Dole isn't sure that's a courtesy a mass murderer merits.

chuxtrux
04-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Mora was the guy who shot up people in August, he is in jail right now, they haven't released the name of the person who did it today

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Morva

Logical
04-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Maybe I did not read far enough back in the other one, but somehow I missed the politics. What is political about a loon killing 20 college kids at a University?

Raiderhater
04-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Bob Dole isn't sure that's a courtesy a mass murderer merits.

Just because he is an asshole doesn't mean that his family are made up of bad people. For their sake it might be better to find out through officials before seeing their son being identified as the afore mentioned asshole.

Bob Dole
04-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Just because he is an asshole doesn't mean that his family are made up of bad people. For their sake it might be better to find out through officials before seeing their son being identified as the afore mentioned asshole.

Bob Dole is less concerned about one asshole's family than he is about the families of the 30+ the asshole killed having all the "answers" they can get so they can hopefully begin to deal with their loss.

Easy 6
04-16-2007, 05:45 PM
The number of victims both dead & alive is simply horrendous, it sounds like a terrorist attack...but its possibly one guy with a 9mm or 2 ???

I'm stupefied & at a loss...

Deberg_1990
04-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Bob Dole is less concerned about one asshole's family than he is about the families of the 30+ the asshole killed having all the "answers" they can get so they can hopefully begin to deal with their loss.

Understandable....but its standard procedure to contact the family first before anything is released to the media........

Raiderhater
04-16-2007, 05:49 PM

I do not necessarily disagree with that sentiment, but is knowing the guy's name at this point in time really going to do much for them? I would think right now they are more concerned with rather or not their kids are on the casualty list.

But what do I know? I have never been in that situation before. And hope I never am.

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 05:53 PM
I won't lie....and deep down I know it's wrong...I can imagine myself at this point being able to destroy his entire family...I am talking everyone....aunts...cousins...grandparents and any family pets until the very notion of there family gene pool would be extinct. So perhaps it's a good thing they aren't releasing this information because I doubt I am the only one.

Nzoner
04-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I've heard nothing as to whether or not he had ID on him.

FAX

The latest I heard reported was no ID was found on him and they are having a very difficult time finding out who he was.

Fairplay
04-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Anyone else see the cell phone video taken by a student outside the building during the time of the actual shooting. Its been on MSNBC.

What i saw. And very disappointed i might add, was the police in action.

The audible was very clear of the popping noises going off. At a high rate, and very many shots also. Meanwhile the police are moving v-e-r-y slowly, pistols drawn while all this was going on. Im thinking WTF? Get your arse in there, your paid to protect!

I would think that at that point they would have at least fast paced it into the building. The police should've known that lives would probably being in danger and get the move on.

Thats was my take on it. Anyone else see it? Did you think the same thing?

Easy 6
04-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Anyone else see the cell phone video taken by a student outside the building during the time of the actual shooting. Its been on MSNBC.

What i saw. And very disappointed i might add, was the police in action.

The audible was very clear of the popping noises going off. At a high rate, and very many shots also. Meanwhile the police are moving v-e-r-y slowly, pistols drawn while all this was going on. Im thinking WTF? Get your arse in there, your paid to protect!

I would think that at that point they would have at least fast paced it into the building. The police should've known that lives would probably being in danger and get the move on.

Thats was my take on it. Anyone else see it? Did you think the same thing?

Me too, they seem to just hover in the yard as all of these shots ring out, possibly there was another team on the way & they were just backup.

Theres a lot of missing info right now.

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Me too, they seem to just hover in the yard as all of these shots ring out, possibly there was another team on the way & they were just backup.

they didn't know what was going on...Norris and another hall are connected in a U shape...I think given the fact that the building has the high point toward just about the whole drill field...what they did was brave...because they didn't know how many gunmen were in there.

Fairplay
04-16-2007, 06:15 PM

True. I guess i shouldn't jump to conclusions already.

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Here's a map

Fairplay
04-16-2007, 06:27 PM
They just showed a girl that looked just like Sinead O'Conner being interviewed on the campus of VT. She was bald and everything.

DaFace
04-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Maybe I did not read far enough back in the other one, but somehow I missed the politics. What is political about a loon killing 20 college kids at a University?

Basically, it turned into a "lively" debate about gun control.

banyon
04-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Disclaimer: The following post contains "news" not intended for political reflection, opinion, or any other unauthorized use. Any use of this post for purposes not consistent with this disclaimer will be prosecuted to the fullest extent the law allows.

Bill O'Reilly said he got it from a source that the shooter was a Chinese national here on a student visa with an accomplice.

FAX
04-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Hmmmness. Apparently, an email was sent to all the students and faculty at some point prior to the second shooting. A student interviewed by Fox, stated that the gunman entered the building next to Norris first, couldn't gain entry to a classroom - because they had locked the door after receiving the email - then proceeded to Norris. This would seem to dispute the claims that the moron knew where he wanted to go to kill people.

By the way, Mr. banyon. I harbor great appreciation for the disclaimer.

FAX

kstater
04-16-2007, 07:06 PM
FAX since you seem to be helpfull to most members on the board, I was wondering if you could help me with something. I am looking to put someone on ignore in another thread and cannot seem to find where to do this. I know n00b comments are ensuing, but help would be appreciated

crazycoffey
04-16-2007, 07:09 PM
FAX since you seem to be helpfull to most members on the board, I was wondering if you could help me with something. I am looking to put someone on ignore in another thread and cannot seem to find where to do this. I know n00b comments are ensuing, but help would be appreciated

don't let gochiefs get to you, he's a prick to everyone most of the time.....

actually, in case fax didn't help you already, hit their profile button and look for the ignore button from there.

DaFace
04-16-2007, 07:10 PM

I'm not FAX, but if you click on a person's profile (bottom left of their post), you'll find the option to "Add (user) to Your Ignore List" toward the bottom of their profile window.

N00b :p

FAX

Don't worry about the N00b (sp?) comments, Mr. kstater. We started one N00b (sp?) revolution and we can damn well start another one if needs must.

As for the ignore feature, I don't think I've used it yet. But, if I did, I would go to "My Profile" and click on the "Buddy/Ignore List" feature Mr. morphius so conveniently placed at the top of the page. I think you just put in the usernames there.

FAX

kstater
don't let gochiefs get to you, he's a prick to everyone most of the time.....

No it's not GoChiefs. Thanks for the help CC.

crazycoffey
04-16-2007, 07:14 PM
No it's not GoChiefs. Thanks for the help CC.

just trying to be funny....

FAX
04-16-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm not FAX, but if you click on a person's profile (bottom left of their post), you'll find the option to "Add (user) to Your Ignore List" toward the bottom of their profile window.

N00b :p

Or that much more convenient, easy, and efficient method will work, too.

FAX

Demonpenz
04-16-2007, 07:15 PM
i am so desensitized from violence it is hard to grasph the loss of life. I have only lost a couple of friends in car wrecks. My brain is trying to chomp down on the fact that these people had friends and realitives. what a loss to the friends and family. I can't imagine and hopefully I never learn what it feels like.

Bob Dole
04-16-2007, 07:18 PM
I do not necessarily disagree with that sentiment, but is knowing the guy's name at this point in time really going to do much for them? I would think right now they are more concerned with rather or not their kids are on the casualty list.

But what do I know? I have never been in that situation before. And hope I never am.

Thankfully, Bob Dole hasn't been faced with anything like this either. Bob Dole just knows that whenever something completely ****ed happens in his life, any pertinent information helps the process of putting things back together and moving past the "why? Why? WHY?" stage.

DaFace
04-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Disclaimer - this is not intended to begin any kind of political discussion.

I'm somewhat saddened that I've become so desensitized to deaths in the world that this hasn't really affected me that much. I mean, we hear about soldiers dying in Iraq every day. It's hard for me to feel any more sorry for those killed in Virginia than I do for the soldiers we've lost.

Phobia
04-16-2007, 07:26 PM
i am so desensitized from violence it is hard to grasph the loss of life. I have only lost a couple of friends in car wrecks. My brain is trying to chomp down on the fact that these people had friends and realitives. what a loss to the friends and family. I can't imagine and hopefully I never learn what it feels like.

Who are you and what have you done with DP?

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 07:28 PM
They are saying now that the two incidents might not be related.

Raiderhater
04-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Don't worry about the N00b (sp?) comments, Mr. kstater. We started one N00b (sp?) revolution and we can damn well start another one if needs must.
FAX

Your rebellion will be squashed.

kstater
04-16-2007, 07:31 PM
They are saying now that the two incidents might not be related.

That would be a major twist to all of this. Doesn't lessen the blow to all these families, but would help explain the situation a little clearer.

FAX
04-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Your rebellion will be squashed.

Well, the first one didn't end well. That's for sure, Mr. Raiderhader.

One round of mass bannings and the enthusiasm seemed to wane.

FAX

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 07:34 PM
I guy at my board said this was his blog

http://wanusmaximus.livejournal.com/

FAX
04-16-2007, 07:37 PM

Wow.

FAX

Raiderhater
04-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Well, the first one didn't end well. That's for sure, Mr. Raiderhader.

One round of mass bannings and the enthusiasm seemed to wane.

FAX

Sounds about right. Sorry I missed it.

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 07:38 PM
That would be a major twist to all of this. Doesn't lessen the blow to all these families, but would help explain the situation a little clearer.

Well....if the blog link I posted is the guy...it would be easy to believe he got into an argument with his girl friend and blew here away..and probably explains why he was carrying a gun...then went home to get more ammo and guns and came back.

crazycoffey
04-16-2007, 07:44 PM
wow, interesting blog.....

banyon
04-16-2007, 07:46 PM
http://photos-815.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v71/150/2/6202368/n6202368_33598815_8592.jpg
:eek:

That's seriously f'ed up.

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Again...if that's the guy

tk13
04-16-2007, 07:55 PM
According to his user info, which takes 20 minutes to wade through, that blog was last updated 2 hours ago. Which means it's either not him or somebody has access to his account, you would think.

FAX
04-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Scarborough (sp?) just nailed something.

Asked a guest if it was unbecoming for the special interest groups to be sending out press releases promoting policy positions before the names of the deceased have even been released.

You go, Joe.

FAX

Thig Lyfe
04-16-2007, 08:01 PM

Holy effing crap. He went from posting about South Park and Wiggles and guns to posting about death and anger and guns. The turning point was the March 20th post: "Me & Janice broke up."

Chilling.

If that's not the guy, that's a seriously huge coincidence.

Eleazar
04-16-2007, 08:02 PM

I was thinking this too. This is a horrible tragedy, but it's a sad commentary that it didn't register with me more than it did. I think people have developed some unfortunate kind of violence fatigue where it doesn't affect us the way it might have even 10 or 20 years ago. A sad state of affairs.

FAX
04-16-2007, 08:13 PM
MSNBC saying that he did not have ID on him. Mr. Nzoner is right about that. Also, his fingerprints are not on file anywhere. (Doesn't that guys blog indicate that he was in the military?) And, there was a cell phone near his body they're checking to try and connect it to him.

Nevertheless, it sounds as if they know who he is, they're just not saying.

FAX

banyon
04-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Disclaimer: The following post contains "news" not intended for political reflection, opinion, or any other unauthorized use. Any use of this post for purposes not consistent with this disclaimer will be prosecuted to the fullest extent the law allows.

If it's the guy, his March 13 post quotes Ann Coulter:

"Not all Muslims may be terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims."

He would've shown her. :shake:

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 08:22 PM
MSNBC saying that he did not have ID on him. Mr. Nzoner is right about that. Also, his fingerprints are not on file anywhere. (Doesn't that guys blog indicate that he was in the military?) And, there was a cell phone near his body they're checking to try and connect it to him.

Nevertheless, it sounds as if they know who he is, they're just not saying.

FAX
If they have his cell phone then they would know in about 30 minutes.

Sully
04-16-2007, 08:22 PM
f that is him, it's clear that he had many more issues than just a girlfriend who (obviously) led him on and then broke up with him.

If it's not him, I hope this guy seeks help.

banyon
04-16-2007, 08:28 PM
He ordered these Russian Rifles through Fed Ex?

http://photos-807.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v71/150/2/6202368/n6202368_33598807_5929.jpg

http://photos-806.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v71/150/2/6202368/n6202368_33598806_5599.jpg

http://vt.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2122557&id=6202368&l=d1b29

Eric
04-16-2007, 08:37 PM

"Coming out. I am not the shooter. Through this experience, I have received numerous death threats, slanderous accusations, and my phone is out of charge from the barrage of calls. Local police have been notified of the situation.

My original intention was to wait until I got AdSense on my site and donating all the proceeds to Charity. However, this situation has now spiraled out of control. I am now confirming that I am not the shooter. I will be available for interview by a news agency to clear my name, talk about the experience, and give my opinion on how the situation could have turned out better if other students were allowed to be armed. I will only speak with individuals who are interested in donating to charities resulting from today's events. Please e-mail all correspondence to null@vt.edu"

banyon
04-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Here's the deleted post on the guy's blog:

banyon
04-16-2007, 08:39 PM
He's probably the "person of interest" that authorities said they didn't detain.

pikesome
04-16-2007, 08:45 PM
He made this up to get page loads? Am I reading that right?

banyon
04-16-2007, 08:48 PM
He made this up to get page loads? Am I reading that right?

If so, he'd better hope there aren't some "White Pride" posses who don't bother to listen to his update and decide to take matters into their own hands.

Nightwish
04-16-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm in shock, not quite sure whether to feel rage or sadness, and I don't even know anybody from VA Tech. Stuff like this just doesn't make a lick of sense!

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm in shock, not quite sure whether to feel rage or sadness, and I don't even know anybody from VA Tech. Stuff like this just doesn't make a lick of sense!

LOL...you kinda know me. :)

Nightwish
04-16-2007, 09:00 PM
LOL...you kinda know me. :)
Okay, let me rephrase - I didn't know I knew anybody from VA Tech.

FAX
04-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Fox reporting that they've interviewed a number of federal investigators working the case and that, after the first shootings, authorities were searching for a specific person, and are still not certain the two shootings are related, or are related to the bomb threats received earlier in the day. Basically, they're still searching for "person or persons of interest".

FAX

Coach
04-16-2007, 09:09 PM
CNN has speculated that there were 2 gunmen involved in the shootings instead of one gunman, who's currently deceased.

tk13
04-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah, that would be pretty wild, but it was weird that these things happened two hours apart to begin with. If "he" snapped like that, I'm surprised it took him that long to strike again. For all we know these could be two seperate incidents, one jealous guy and another who just snapped. That would make this the most bizarre thing ever, and probably even more scary for VT campus safety, not to mention there'd be a killer still on the loose.

FAX
04-16-2007, 09:16 PM
The thing is, Mr. tk13, that the authorities have also specifically stated that there is no gunman on the loose. It's all very confusing.

FAX

tk13
04-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I guess we'll know soon enough, whenever the results come back from the ammo tests. I haven't seen all the press conferences, but I wonder if anybody asked if they believe the same ammunition was found at both shooting sites. Then again maybe they would've refused to answer that.

FAX
04-16-2007, 09:20 PM
MSNBC says it took them only 5 minutes to walk from the dorm room (where the first shooting took place) to Norris Hall (the scene of the second shooting) which begs the question, what was the shooter doing for two hours?

FAX

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I guess we'll know soon enough, whenever the results come back from the ammo tests. I haven't seen all the press conferences, but I wonder if anybody asked if they believe the same ammunition was found at both shooting sites. Then again maybe they would've refused to answer that.

They are doing blistics now for exactly that

SLAG
MSNBC says it took them only 5 minutes to walk from the dorm room (where the first shooting took place) to Norris Hall (the scene of the second shooting) which begs the question, what was the shooter doing for two hours?

FAX

Getting ready for his TV closeup

FAX

In one of the pressers this afternoon, the police chief, or whatever he was, said they're still awaiting results from ballistics tests on the shells and bullets. The inference is that positive results would, of course, tie the two events to a single shooter.

You're right though. He didn't indicate that the shell size was the same or not. And, you wouldn't need ballistics to tell you that.

FAX

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 09:24 PM

FAX

Bullshit...it's 10 to 15 minute...I did it many..many times in my life

Coach
04-16-2007, 09:25 PM

FAX

7:15 a.m.: A 9-1-1 emergency call to Virginia Tech Police reports a shooting at West Ambler Johnston Hall, leaving two people dead.[33][34]
8:00am.: Classes begin for most of the 9,000 students who live on campus and the thousands more who live off campus. [1]
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.: Shooter opens fire in classroom in Norris Hall, an engineering building.[33]
9:26 a.m.: Emails go out to campus staff and faculty saying there has been a shooting on campus.[3]
9:30 a.m.: Students in the engineering building Norris Hall call police to report more shots have been fired.
9:50 a.m.: A third email announcing: "A gunman is loose on campus. Stay in buildings until further notice. Stay away from all windows" is sent to all Virginia Tech email addresses. Loudspeakers broadcast a similar message.[2]
10:52 a.m.: A fourth email warns of a multiple shooting with multiple victims in Norris Hall, saying the gunman has been arrested and that police are hunting for a possible second shooter. The entrances to the campus are locked.
12:00 p.m.: At a press conference, authorities said there may have been more than 21 people killed and 28 injured.[35]
2:30 p.m.: AP reports at least 31 killed, including gunman.
3:40 p.m.: Virginia Tech confirms 22 dead.
4:01 p.m.: President Bush speaks from the White House regarding the shooting.[36]
4:40 p.m.: The school holds a press conference with updates on the day's events.[1]
4:42 p.m.: Virginia Tech confirms 33 dead including the shooter.[1]
7:30 p.m.: Third press conference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_massacre#Timeline

Could be possible that the 2 hr frame was for him to lie down low somewhere away from the incident, while the classes start to pile up, and that gives him more targets to attack around the 9:00 time-frame.

Just my speculation.

FAX
04-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Bullshit...it's 10 to 15 minute...I did it many..many times in my life

Maybe the reporter had really long legs.

Still, if it's 15 minutes ... or 20. It leaves a lot of time for a guy walking around the campus looking for targets or whatever he was doing.

FAX

Coach
04-16-2007, 09:29 PM

Still, if it's 15 minutes ... or 20. It leaves a lot of time for a guy walking around the campus looking for targets or whatever he was doing.

FAX

Or it could possibly be the 2nd shooter theory that CNN presented.

I mean, based on the information that I know as of this point, it could be possible that person A went to do his/her thing at the West Ambler Johnston Hall, and go away from the incident, where as person B, either by planning or just by coinicidence, happens to assult the Norris Hall.

Garcia Bronco
7:15 a.m.: A 9-1-1 emergency call to Virginia Tech Police reports a shooting at West Ambler Johnston Hall, leaving two people dead.[33][34]
8:00am.: Classes begin for most of the 9,000 students who live on campus and the thousands more who live off campus. [1]
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.: Shooter opens fire in classroom in Norris Hall, an engineering building.[33]
9:26 a.m.: Emails go out to campus staff and faculty saying there has been a shooting on campus.[3]
9:30 a.m.: Students in the engineering building Norris Hall call police to report more shots have been fired.
9:50 a.m.: A third email announcing: "A gunman is loose on campus. Stay in buildings until further notice. Stay away from all windows" is sent to all Virginia Tech email addresses. Loudspeakers broadcast a similar message.[2]
10:52 a.m.: A fourth email warns of a multiple shooting with multiple victims in Norris Hall, saying the gunman has been arrested and that police are hunting for a possible second shooter. The entrances to the campus are locked.
12:00 p.m.: At a press conference, authorities said there may have been more than 21 people killed and 28 injured.[35]
2:30 p.m.: AP reports at least 31 killed, including gunman.
3:40 p.m.: Virginia Tech confirms 22 dead.
4:01 p.m.: President Bush speaks from the White House regarding the shooting.[36]
4:40 p.m.: The school holds a press conference with updates on the day's events.[1]
4:42 p.m.: Virginia Tech confirms 33 dead including the shooter.[1]
7:30 p.m.: Third press conference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_massacre#Timeline

Could be possible that the 2 hr frame was for him to lie down low somewhere away from the incident, while the classes start to pile up, and that gives him more targets to attack around the 9:00 time-frame.

Just my speculation.

I can't stress enough how big the campus is and has grown since I left...you could literally live there...never leave..and have everything you need short of a walmart. There are resturants, shops, academic buildings, a Chapel and many small places to be. I used to use them to study...

FAX
... Could be possible that the 2 hr frame was for him to lie down low somewhere away from the incident, while the classes start to pile up, and that gives him more targets to attack around the 9:00 time-frame.

Just my speculation.

Perhaps. Or, maybe what Mr. Garcia Bronco stated earlier. That he went home to get more guns and ammo.

Either way, it's a big gap in the timeline. I can't imagine killing someone and not trying to get away. Just wandering the campus for two hours. That seems strange to me.

FAX

FAX
04-16-2007, 09:31 PM
I can't stress enough how big the campus is and has grown since I left...you could literally live there...never leave..and have everything you need short of a walmart. There are resturants, shops, academic buildings, a Chapel and many small places to be. I used to use them to study...

So, are you saying that the two hour gap isn't odd?

FAX

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 09:31 PM

FAX
Matt Lower(sp) said the samething on regular NBC a few moments ago...

I honestly think the guy went home and loaded up..maybe not...they still aren't sure it's the same guy

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 09:32 PM
So, are you saying that the two hour gap isn't odd?

FAX
It depends on what he was trying to do..if he was using the first instance as a diversion....who knows

banyon
04-16-2007, 09:35 PM
odd that the poster on the chinese blog asks for replies at null@vt.edu. That's an e-mail account that can't reply and won't return delivery errors.

What are the chances that the Feds hacked into this guy's blog account and posted a fake entry to see if they could lure out his accomplices?

chief52
04-16-2007, 09:35 PM
CNN sure is trying to get the students to say that there is some fault of the University and/or Police for not shutting down the campus following the first murders. Most are not taking the bait...saying they did the best they could with the information they had at the time. It seems like that is true to me.

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 09:39 PM
CNN sure is trying to get the students to say that there is some fault of the University and/or Police for not shutting down the campus following the first murders. Most are not taking the bait...saying they did the best they could with the information they had at the time. It seems like that is true to me.
They did do the best that they can...that's all anybody does in these situations. Next time they'll be better prepared....but how prepared can you be for something like this...but the armchair hacks seem to act like they can do better.

Coach
04-16-2007, 09:42 PM
They did do the best that they can...that's all anybody does in these situations. Next time they'll be better prepared....but how prepared can you be for something like this...but the armchair hacks seem to act like they can do better.

Question for you. Since you went to VT, which dorms is the next closest to Norris Hall, outside of West Ambler Johnston Hall, based on your experience?

FAX
04-16-2007, 09:45 PM
odd that the poster on the chinese blog asks for replies at null@vt.edu. That's an e-mail account that can't reply and won't return delivery errors.

What are the chances that the Feds hacked into this guy's blog account and posted a fake entry to see if they could lure out his accomplices?

Whoever he is (assuming it's not a spoof), he's going to get his 15 minutes, Mr. banyon. Giraldo actually alluded to the site a little while ago as the possible "facebook page" of the perp.

FAX

Coach
04-16-2007, 09:53 PM
And one has to wonder, how in the hell can this nutjob walk from West Ambler Johnston Hall to Norris Hall with (presumly) all the weapons, and not get noticed?

FAX
04-16-2007, 09:55 PM
The more I think about it, the more sense the two shooter scenario makes, Mr. Coach.

I mean, he could hide the weapons in a backpack, walk the campus, and fit right in. But, the students who saw him report that he had a vest with visible spare magazines on/in it. And, no mention of a backpack as yet from anyone I've heard.

FAX

Coach
04-16-2007, 10:06 PM
The more I think about it, the more sense the two shooter scenario makes, Mr. Coach.

I mean, he could hide the weapons in a backpack, walk the campus, and fit right in. But, the students who saw him report that he had a vest with visible spare magazines on/in it. And, no mention of a backpack as yet from anyone I've heard.

FAX

That's correct. However, he was wearing a black jacket. Could be possible that he was trying to keep himself covered until the point of attack.

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 10:13 PM
Question for you. Since you went to VT, which dorms is the next closest to Norris Hall, outside of West Ambler Johnston Hall, based on your experience?

You either have Eggleston...or the upper quad.....the Cadet Corp dorms used to be next to the upper quad, but I think they have been moved. I can't remember the exact names of the dorms in the upper quad...it's near the shultz dinning hall..and located right of Norris. Norris is basically though...near the middle of the academic buildings. There is a 5 story building called McBryde which houses math dept and a large auditorium.

edit re-reading your question though...just about all of them except for the Presidents quad which has Miles, Vwater, BArringger, Johnson..Lee and O'Shag.

banyon
04-16-2007, 10:13 PM
From The Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=448955&in_page_id=1811&ct=5), a different, older Asian guy than the main poster on the blog.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_01/virginiaAP1604_468x235.jpg

Now, a pic from the asian guy's blog? (http://vt.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=33368965&id=6202368&l=d1b29)

http://photos-965.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v67/150/2/6202368/n6202368_33368965_7986.jpg

FAX
04-16-2007, 10:15 PM
I remember seeing that top photo in news video earlier in the day. But, I haven't seen it replayed since.

Who is that guy, Mr. banyon?

FAX

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 10:16 PM
From The Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=448955&in_page_id=1811&ct=5), a different, older Asian guy than the main poster on the blog.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_01/virginiaAP1604_468x235.jpg

Now, a pic from the asian guy's blog? (http://vt.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=33368965&id=6202368&l=d1b29)

http://photos-965.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v67/150/2/6202368/n6202368_33368965_7986.jpg

Wow ...that looks like the guy...but it's hard to tell

Coach
04-16-2007, 10:18 PM
You either have Eggleston...or the upper quad.....the Cadet Corp dorms used to be next to the upper quad, but I think they have been moved. I can't remember the exact names of the dorms in the upper quad...it's near the shultz dinning hall..and located right of Norris. Norris is basically though...near the middle of the academic buildings. There is a 5 story building called McBryde which houses math dept and a large auditorium.

edit re-reading your question though...just about all of them except for the Presidents quad which has Miles, Vwater, BArringger, Johnson..Lee and O'Shag.

Can it be possible that the shooter, assuming it's the same one, left West Ambler Johnston Hall after allegedlly killing a RA and some girlfriend, to one of the different dorm rooms to reload and for whatever reason, attacked Norris Hall within the 2 hr time frame?

tk13
04-16-2007, 10:19 PM
The story supposedly was that guy in that picture was a newspaper reporter that went too close to the scene and police confronted him just to be safe. Very little has been said about that photo otherwise though.

banyon
04-16-2007, 10:21 PM
I remember seeing that top photo in news video earlier in the day. But, I haven't seen it replayed since.

Who is that guy, Mr. banyon?

FAX

I don't know FAX. It's not the kid, but if it's the same guy then he's both at that shooting range and at the scene. He looks too old to be a trad. student.

Another thing that's funny about the blog poster's "confession" that he was faking. If I were his attorney which I'm sure as f*** glad I'm not, then he's just basically confessed to violations of federal assault weapons ban laws enough to lock him up for several years even if he has nothing to do with this.

Check out this photo of his g/f which A weapon that I can't identify, but I'm sure is illegal.

http://photos-015.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v56/150/2/6202368/n6202368_32493015_3623.jpg

Knob
04-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Getting a glock along with a concealed permit sounds about right. Shotgun for the home security sounds good too.

Bob Dole
04-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Perhaps. Or, maybe what Mr. Garcia Bronco stated earlier. That he went home to get more guns and ammo.

Either way, it's a big gap in the timeline. I can't imagine killing someone and not trying to get away. Just wandering the campus for two hours. That seems strange to me.

FAX

If you've already snapped and accepted that it's your last day on earth no matter what happens, it doesn't seem that strange at all.

If you're going to commit a crime, your best tactic is probably to "blend in" after the fact. In this case, fleeing with everyone else would have been the activity least likely to garner any special attention.

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Can it be possible that the shooter, assuming it's the same one, left West Ambler Johnston Hall after allegedlly killing a RA and some girlfriend, to one of the different dorm rooms to reload and for whatever reason, attacked Norris Hall within the 2 hr time frame?

Yes...in fact...West AJ is a coed dorm...the guy could have lived on another floor in West AJ..or East AJ(housed in the same building)...Directly to the right of all of AJ is Pritchard hall...the largest all male dorm on the east coast. But he could have literally walked to any dorm on campus in that time. I used to deliver for pizza hut there...you could make it from one side of town to the other in 20 minutes if you know the way to go that early.

Also the door monitior when I was there quit at 6:00 am....so the guy could have just walked in there unless something has changed...there's no key fobs or coded doors.

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 10:30 PM
who knows..the guy on the website could have killed all those people...shot a guy in the hall way and planted the vest and guns on him.

banyon
04-16-2007, 10:32 PM
who knows..the guy on the website could have killed all those people...shot a guy in the hall way and planted the vest and guns on him.

I would think the only thing more thrilling for a sick f*** than shooting people is getting away with it.

FAX
04-16-2007, 10:35 PM
If you've already snapped and accepted that it's your last day on earth no matter what happens, it doesn't seem that strange at all.

If you're going to commit a crime, your best tactic is probably to "blend in" after the fact. In this case, fleeing with everyone else would have been the activity least likely to garner any special attention.

I'm sure you're right, Mr. Bob Dole. What you say makes absolute sense.

But, you would have to be one cold blooded mother to kill two people (your ex-girlfriend and her lover, at that) then just cruise campus for a couple of hours before killing another 30 strangers.

This thing is a cross between a crime of passion (the first shooting) and a mass murder (the second) with two hours in between. They just don't happen like that very often.

FAX

Coach
04-16-2007, 10:36 PM

Hmm... that's one good theory. One would argue, how the hell can he get out, if the place is swarmed with SWAT and Police force?

He could potentionally had screamed his way out with the other students, but couldn't those other students, or at least some, could have recongized him?

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 10:36 PM
I would think the only thing more thrilling for a sick f*** than shooting people is getting away with it.
That's whay he could have been doing in the 2 hours after being a gun toting nut going to argue with a woman.

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Hmm... that's one good theory. One would argue, how the hell can he get out, if the place is swarmed with SWAT and Police force?

He could potentionally had screamed his way out with the other students, but couldn't those other students, or at least some, could have recongized him?

Mass confusion at that point....and that's what it sounded like from the video.

Garcia Bronco
04-16-2007, 10:39 PM

Depends..I used to be a bank teller and we would do mock robbery senario's..part of it was to describe the robber afterward...you'd be surprised the stuff you don't remember in a mock up...the real thing...and with bullets being fired...who knows...it would take a very keen person to remember enough depedning on the situations

boogblaster
04-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Sick bastard needs drug behind a truck for days ...

ChiefsCountry
04-17-2007, 12:05 AM
If its over a girlfriend breaking up, how fked up is that. I know we have all had our hearts broken over a stupid girl but to go on a rampage.

DaFace
04-17-2007, 09:04 AM
They've identified the guy...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070417/ap_on_re_us/virginia_tech_shooting

BLACKSBURG, Va. - A gunman suspected of carrying out the Virginia Tech massacre that left 33 people dead, the deadliest shooting rampage in modern U.S. history, was identified Tuesday as a senior English major from South Korea.

Ballistics tests show one gun was used in two attacks on the campus Monday morning — at a dormitory were two people were killed and in a classroom building where 31 people, including the gunman, died locked inside, Virginia State Police said.

Police identified the classroom shooter as 23-year-old Cho Seung-Hui (pronounced Choh Suhng-whee) of South Korea. There was no indication Tuesday of a possible motive for the attacks.

"He was a loner, and we're having difficulty finding information about him," school spokesman Larry Hincker said.

Cho was in the U.S. as a resident alien with a residence established in Centerville, Va., but living on campus in Harper Residence Hall, the university said.

Two law enforcement officials, speaking on condition of because the information had not been announced, said Cho's fingerprints were found on the guns used in both shootings. The serial numbers on the two weapons had been filed off, the officials said.

One law enforcement official said Cho's backpack contained a receipt for a March purchase of a Glock 9 mm pistol.

Col. Steve Flaherty, superintendent of the Virginia State Police, said it was reasonable to assume that Cho was the shooter in both attacks but that the link was not yet definitive.

"There's no evidence of any accomplice at either event, but we're exploring the possibility," he said.

A memorial service was planned for the victims Tuesday afternoon at the university, and
President Bush planned to attend, the White House said. Gov. Tim Kaine was flying back to Virginia from Tokyo for the 2 p.m. convocation.

South Korea's Foreign Ministry also expressed its condolences, saying there was no known motive for the shootings and that South Korea hoped that the tragedy would not "stir up racial prejudice or confrontation."

"We are in shock beyond description," said Cho Byung-se, a ministry official handling North American affairs. "We convey deep condolences to victims, families and the American people."

The first deadly attack was at the dormitory around 7:15 a.m., but some students said they didn't get their first warning about a danger on campus until two hours later, in an e-mail at 9:26 a.m. By then the second attack had begun.

Two students told NBC's "Today" show they were unaware of the dorm shooting when they walked into Norris Hall for a German class where the gunman later opened fire.

The victims in Norris Hall were found in four different classrooms and a stairwell, Flaherty said. Cho was found dead in one of those classrooms, he said.

Derek O'Dell, his arm in a cast after being shot, described a shooter who fired away in "eerily silence" with "no specific target — just taking out anybody he could."

After the gunman left the room, students could hear him shooting other people down the hall. O'Dell said he and other students barricaded the door so the shooter couldn't get back in — though he later tried.

"After he couldn't get the door open he tried shooting it open ... but the gunshots were blunted by the door," O'Dell said.

A federal law enforcement official said Tuesday he had been told by other federal law enforcement officials that the two guns recovered in the shooting had had their serial numbers scraped off. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the information had not been announced.

(article continues, but it's all old news for the most part)

FAX
04-18-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm certain you all are aware of this, but I just heard the news that, in 2005, a Virginia judge declared this guy to be "mentally ill and an imminent danger to others". Also, that he was "in need of hospitalization, so seriously mental ill, that he has to be incapable of caring for himself."

Wow. Just wow.

FAX

memyselfI
04-18-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm certain you all are aware of this, but I just heard the news that, in 2005, a Virginia judge declared this guy to be "mentally ill and an imminent danger to others". Also, that he was "in need of hospitalization, so seriously mental ill, that he has to be incapable of caring for himself."

Wow. Just wow.

FAX

The campus administration had to know this based on what their faculty was reporting to them. That makes their need to respond properly in a preventative fashion all the more crucial.

So very tragic.

KcMizzou
04-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Here's a link to two of the plays he wrote. Not much of a writer, but obviously twisted.

http://newsbloggers.aol.com/2007/04/17/cho-seung-huis-plays/

FAX
04-18-2007, 04:12 PM
I scanned those, Mr. KcMizzou. Not carefully, though.

They're interesting, to be sure. But, I guess I feel like it's difficult to guage a person's mental state from their fictional writings. Obviously, were we to do that, a lot of good writers would be in the nuthouse.

What I find strange and disturbing (depending on facts yet to emerge), is why he was deemed by the courts to be a danger and still had the opportunity and means to do this.

FAX

KcMizzou
04-18-2007, 04:14 PM
They're interesting, to be sure. But, I guess I feel like it's difficult to guage a person's mental state from their fictional writings. Obviously, were we to do that, a lot of good writers would be in the nuthouse.

I agree. The horror genre wouldn't exist.

cdcox
04-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Evidently he mailed a package to NBC between the two shootings. Package contained photos, videos and a 1800 page manifesto. What a nut job.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18169776/?GT1=9246

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Little effing punk....ARGGGHHHHHH!!

Coach
04-18-2007, 05:03 PM
“You had a hundred billion chances and ways to have avoided today,” Cho says. “But you decided to spill my blood. You forced me into a corner and gave me only one option. The decision was yours. Now you have blood on your hands that will never wash off.”

What the hell he's babbling about? Jeez, I do have my gripes on rich people, but that doesn't give me any right to go on a senseless killing spree. :shake:

siberian khatru
04-18-2007, 05:05 PM
I almost laughed at his video clips -- they would be funny if you didn't know he murdered 32 people. Bunch of teen-angst whining, blaming the world ... so puerile.

Unfortunately, so deadly, too.

chuxtrux
04-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Seriously from what I have read some people tried to reach out to him but he denied it. The kid was an f'n loser to blame the world for him not having any friends is just pathetic

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2007, 05:31 PM
It almost sounds like he just needed to get laid

stevieray
04-18-2007, 05:35 PM
The campus administration had to know this based on what their faculty was reporting to them. That makes their need to respond properly in a preventative fashion all the more crucial

respond how?

KcMizzou
04-18-2007, 05:42 PM
respond how?That's the thing. It's not illegal to be weird. Without a "specific threat" (like they keep talking about) I don't know what they were supposed to do.

You can't lock up (or hospitalize) every teen that acts out in ways like he did... If you did, there'd be about a million goth kids in jail or hospital beds.

I know he "stalked" two girls, but the article I read said they were complaining of phone calls that were "annoying".

I don't think there's any easy way to prevent this. Some people are sick and disturbed... and are smart enough to hide it. Some people are just evil.

crazycoffey
04-18-2007, 05:43 PM
respond how?

with their crystal ball, duh.....

stevieray
04-18-2007, 06:01 PM
That's the thing. It's not illegal to be weird. Without a "specific threat" (like they keep talking about) I don't know what they were supposed to do.

You can't lock up (or hospitalize) every teen that acts out in ways like he did... If you did, there'd be about a million goth kids in jail or hospital beds.

I know he "stalked" two girls, but the article I read said they were complaining of phone calls that were "annoying".

I don't think there's any easy way to prevent this. Some people are sick and disturbed... and are smart enough to hide it. Some people are just evil.

Exactly. The guy went over the edge, and until he did, there wasn't much anyone could've done to prevent it.

I do wonder if the excessive violence that is marinating in the media contributed(even remotely)to the blaze of glory, rather than just a depressed kid taking his own life.

pikesome
04-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Exactly. The guy went over the edge, and until he did, there wasn't much anyone could've done to prevent it.

I do wonder if the excessive violence that is marinating in the media contributed(even remotely)to the blaze of glory, rather than just a depressed kid taking his own life.

How many nut jobs are setting at home going "I could be famous" while they watch NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN? I think the coverage itself might be as bad of a factor as anything.