PDA

View Full Version : How bout a 3-way deal...

cmh6476
04-16-2007, 12:22 PM
somhow where we end up getting Justin mcCareins and send Trent to the fins...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=afcteamreportspickstrade&prov=tsn&type=lgns

New York Jets

The Jets need a starting-caliber cornerback opposite Andre Dyson. Barring a late acquisition, that hole will shape the way the team sets up its board. GM Mike Tannenbaum is more apt to trade down than up. The Jets hope to recoup a pick (they have only six overall) and will be looking to deal WR Justin McCareins -- possibly to the Eagles or Titans. ILB Eric Barton and CB David Barrett also are candidates to be dealt, but they don't have as much trade value as McCareins, who has 188 receptions in the past five seasons.

cmh6476
04-18-2007, 07:19 AM
or how about D Jax:

(Rotoworld) The Seahawks are only expected to trade Darrell Jackson if they can get a second- or high third-round pick in return.

Impact: The Packers have reportedly shown interest in Jackson, in addition to the Niners, Saints, Jaguars, and Bears. Seattle wants to add another pick or two because it doesn't have one in the first round.

Seems like the Texans would/should be interested in this also, but guess not. I think Jackson will end up being a draft day casualty and will thus change teams....but who knows?

or what about just taking the pick we get from Miami and turning it over to another team for a veteran receiver? Or even trading our 2nd rder and using Miami's? I think finding someone with experience in the league would be a better fit for us at this point than trying to draft at the position.

I'd much rather see:

Kennison
D Jax/ McCareins
Parker

and then let Webb/Hannon and the rooks battle it out for Nos. 4 % 5...

Fire Me Boy!
04-18-2007, 08:14 AM
:hmmm:

I was thinking more along the lines of me, Nicole Kidman and Salma Hayek in a three-way.

Eleazar
04-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Uhhh.. 188 receptions in 5 years is not good. That's Samie Parker-like.

cmh6476
04-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Uhhh.. 188 receptions in 5 years is not good. That's Samie Parker-like.

yeah I'm not expecting anything all-world, but wouldn't he likely bring as much to the table this year as any rookie we might be able to draft?

Then if we could add a CB and DT via the draft early, we've basically filled most of our positional needs. not sure on the level of quality with thsoe fillings, but at least they'd be filled :shrug:

Mile High Mania
04-18-2007, 08:52 AM
This is the kind of receiver that KC typically covets... why go there again? I mean, as a rival fan, I applaud the thought, but I don't see how he adds much.