PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting

Pitt Gorilla
04-17-2007, 11:50 PM
I honestly can't believe this crap. On VH1, they were chronicalling beauty pageants for 6 six-year-olds. SIX. The kids don't want to be there and the parents (mostly mothers) push their kids to perform. I don't know how the parents, organizers, judges, and anyone else involved can look themselves in the mirror. Un-f*cking real.

Where is Chris Hansen when you need him? :shake:

luv
04-17-2007, 11:52 PM
I've seen a similar show. Very disturbing, IMO.

SLAG
04-17-2007, 11:52 PM
I really dont miss cable TV

Pitt Gorilla
04-17-2007, 11:54 PM
I watched for a few minutes and saw enough. The moms were getting on to their kids for not performing well enough or not being focused enough on practice.

luv
04-17-2007, 11:55 PM
I watched for a few minutes and saw enough. The moms were getting on to their kids for not performing well enough or not being focused enough on practice.
The one I saw, they were getting onto their kids for not wanting to get up early enough to get their hair in hot rollers and their make-up caked on. Make-up! On little girls!

Phobia
04-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Lots of people want their kid to be a star. I don't have a problem with that but I let my kids just be kids.

If a talent agent came calling today wanting to move my family to LA and pay us $1,000,000 for my little girl's talents I'd probably have to turn them down.

Demonpenz
04-18-2007, 12:52 AM
damnit i can't think of the line Paul Gilmartin's says in standup. Something like..... Girls crowd into a room as big as their mother's emotional emptiness

ZootedGranny
04-18-2007, 01:07 AM
It's only a matter of time before Mr. Show's "Prenatal Pretties" skit is reality.

listopencil
04-18-2007, 01:38 AM
I've seen this stuff on TV news shows before. Looks horrible. Then again, I was pissed that my daughter tried cheerleading for one season. I'm glad she picked playing football over cheering it on.

Buns
04-18-2007, 03:45 AM
Cheerleading is fine for girls, unless it is some kind of pee wee pop warner thing. That beauty queen 5 and 6 year old stuff is really kind of sickening. Even in Little Miss Sunshine, the girls are like 10 and wearing a lot of makeup, 2 piece bikinis, and... it is just really disturbing. A lot of moms living out their fantasies on their Barbie Dolls aka daughters.

My boss enters his daughter into Hawaiian Tropic contests and she is like 5. Cute little girl, but I can tell he really wants to Macaulay her.

memyselfI
04-18-2007, 05:09 AM
Unfortunately, "Little Miss Sunshine" might have been too mild in their presentation of such madness. :hmmm:

KcMizzou
04-18-2007, 05:23 AM
The one I saw, they were getting onto their kids for not wanting to get up early enough to get their hair in hot rollers and their make-up caked on. Make-up! On little girls!
I think they end up looking creepy... bizarre. There are some strange parents out there.

memyselfI
04-18-2007, 05:27 AM
Lots of people want their kid to be a star. I don't have a problem with that but I let my kids just be kids.

If a talent agent came calling today wanting to move my family to LA and pay us $1,000,000 for my little girl's talents I'd probably have to turn them down.

Wanting your kid to be a star (which in and of itself is lame) is one thing but overly and inappropriately sexualizing your child and having their value and worth be deemed based on their APPEARANCE is something completely different and so wrong.

Then we wonder why young girls suffer so many eating disorders and emotional distress as they grow. :banghead:

Miles
04-18-2007, 05:35 AM
When the suspect was arrested in the JonBenét Ramsey investigation they were showing some of the footage form the pageants on local news. It was more that a bit disturbing.

StcChief
04-18-2007, 05:37 AM
100s of channels very few worth watching. a basic package of 10 is enough.

Miles
04-18-2007, 05:42 AM

I have thought many times about ditching it but HD, DVR and sports are the only reasons I keep paying for it.

Bugeater
04-18-2007, 06:19 AM
100s of channels very few worth watching. a basic package of 10 is enough.
We need an a la carte system for cable so some of the garbage channels can go die a quiet death.

Lzen
04-18-2007, 08:54 AM
When the suspect was arrested in the JonBenét Ramsey investigation they were showing some of the footage form the pageants on local news. It was more that a bit disturbing.

I was thinking the same thing. JonBonet Ramsey was about the same age and in those pageants. I have a 5 year old daughter and there is no way I would ever think of putting her in that situation.