PDA

View Full Version : Sauerbrun free to sign with Broncos

Hammock Parties
04-18-2007, 03:20 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5696099

Todd Sauerbrun is a free football player today, which means he likely will become a Denver Bronco again soon.

Sauerbrun won a grievance against the New England Patriots on Wednesday, making him an unrestricted free agent. Sauerbrun has said he wants to return to the Broncos. A contract agreement is likely to be agreed upon in the coming days.

Sauerbrun was advised that he won his grievance today. The grievance was heard in Boston on Tuesday and centered on whether the Patriots had rights of first refusal to Sauerbrun. He signed a contract with them in December, but the NFLPA argued that New England did not attach a separate form along with the contract required to stipulate a right of first refusal for an unrestricted free agent.

A special master ruled that New England didn't, properly inform Sauerbrun of the rights of first refusal clause.

Sauerbrun agreed to a one-year contract with the Broncos on April 3, but it was matched by the Patriots, who believed they had the rights of first refusal. Sauerbrun has stated several times he wants to play for Denver again. He was cut by the Broncos last October after he served an NFL suspension for using a banned substance. He was a standout in 2005 for Denver.

listopencil
04-18-2007, 03:23 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

**** the Patriots.

stlchiefs
04-18-2007, 03:26 PM
of course the cheaters want to play for the Browncos.

Redrum_69
04-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Copy/paste to WPI in 5....4....3......

listopencil
04-18-2007, 03:28 PM
of course the cheaters want to play for the Browncos.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AT89Cte_cg8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AT89Cte_cg8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Dang we own them again

Mr. Plow
04-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Copy/paste to WPI in 5....4....3......

Actually, it looks as if we played second fiddle to wpi this time

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=115&F=1839#S=115&F=1837&T=418891

Skyy God
04-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Well fiddlesticks!

OctoberFart
04-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Why does any DONKEY news get reported by this GO (QUEERforLJ) CHIEFS guy? That is something I have noticed in the time I have been here.

Valiant
04-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Why does any DONKEY news get reported by this GO (QUEERforLJ) CHIEFS guy? That is something I have noticed in the time I have been here.

Because he is a closet donk fan...

Hammock Parties
04-18-2007, 04:43 PM

They are our biggest rival.

OctoberFart
04-18-2007, 05:06 PM
They are our biggest rival.
Too bad KC isn't theirs.

Hammock Parties
04-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Too bad KC isn't theirs.

I beg to differ. Over at the Mane, they aren't talking about the Raiders or Chargers. It's the Chiefs.

OctoberFart
04-18-2007, 05:12 PM
I beg to differ. Over at the Mane, they aren't talking about the Raiders or Chargers. It's the Chiefs.

I don't care what they do at the mane but OAKLAND vs Denver is a huge rivalry except for the past 2 years or so. They aren't talking SD because they are going to easily win the Division and they only talk about queefs because there are more chef fans there than Donkey fans. Keep dreaming. And when did a website determine rivals? Oakland and Denver is comparable to NY Yankees/Redsox and this will be the first year in a long time with no primetime game.

OctoberFart
04-18-2007, 05:19 PM
I don't care what they do at the mane but OAKLAND vs Denver is a huge rivalry except for the past 2 years or so. They aren't talking SD because they are going to easily win the Division and they only talk about queefs because there are more chef fans there than Donkey fans. Keep dreaming. And when did a website determine rivals? Oakland and Denver is comparable to NY Yankees/Redsox and this will be the first year in a long time with no primetime game.

Great coaching is a product of TALENT and SD has a lot of it.

KC has no OL or a QB to contend.

Denver has too many unknowns QB, DT, LB, WR to make a run.

Oakland has one of the worst O's ever assembled but I can admit that unlike the homers here.

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2007, 05:25 PM
there has been a shift...if I had achoice between which game I am going to pay to go see or call our biggest rival in the west today...It's KC...I would rather go to a great place like Arrowhead than anywhere in Oakland..

OctoberFart
04-18-2007, 05:26 PM
there has been a shift...if I had achoice between which game I am going to pay to go see or call our biggest rival in the west today...It's KC...I would rather go to a great place like Arrowhead than anywhere in Oakland..

Only because Oakland isn't competitive right now.

Direckshun
04-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Sauerbrun to Broncos?

They're going to need him.

RealSNR
04-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Only because Oakland isn't competitive right now.Nah. Garcia just doesn't like the smell of pis when he watches football, actually.

Hammock Parties
04-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Only because Oakland isn't competitive right now.

Exactly. There is no rivalry right now. Just amusement as the Broncos and Chiefs treat the Raiders like a red-headed stepchild year after year.

OctoberFart
04-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Exactly. There is no rivalry right now. Just amusement as the Broncos and Chiefs treat the Raiders like a red-headed stepchild year after year.

Oakland/Denver are bigger rivals than KC/Denver. Multiple SB appearences and wins. Hatred between Rat and Davis. Franchises hate each other.

Won't be long and it will be back to a competitive series as KC is heading down and Oakland can only go up. It has always been one sided over the years.

Hammock Parties
04-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Oakland/Denver are bigger rivals than KC/Denver. .

You're really deluding yourself. You can't have a rivalry when one team is the doormat of the NFL.

scorpio
04-18-2007, 07:22 PM
It's the AFC West Triangle of Hate. Yes, it waxes and wanes, but we all pretty much despise one another. Raiders/Broncos has been the marquis feud over the decades, but that doesn't mean we hate the Chiefs any less, or vice versa.

As for the Chargers... well that's just adorable. Good try, little fellas.

RealSNR
04-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Oakland/Denver are bigger rivals than KC/Denver. Multiple SB appearences and wins. Hatred between Rat and Davis. Franchises hate each other.

Won't be long and it will be back to a competitive series as KC is heading down and Oakland can only go up. It has always been one sided over the years.Buddy, I don't think you know how bad your team is right now. It will be awhile.

htismaqe
04-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Oakland isn't a true rival with anybody.

It's hard to have a rival when they're a perennial doormat.

morphius
04-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Of course steroid taking cheater kicker wants to play with the donx, he fits right in...

morphius
04-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Oakland isn't a true rival with anybody.

It's hard to have a rival when they're a perennial doormat.
They may not be a threat, but it doesn't make me want them to beat the Chiefs any more then before, and it sure doesn't mean that I don't want the Chiefs to embarrass them any more.

ct
04-19-2007, 07:58 AM
football thread bump

orange
04-19-2007, 02:18 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/popular/ci_5704636

"Sauerbrun returns to Broncos
By Bill Williamson
Denver Post Staff Writer
Article Last Updated: 04/19/2007 11:21:49 AM MDT

Todd Sauerbrun
It didn't take long for a free Todd Sauerbrun to return to the Broncos.

Sauerbrun agreed to terms with Denver on a one-year deal today. He is expected to sign the contract at Dove Valley on Friday, his agent David Canter said.

"This is a homecoming for Todd," Canter said.

Sauerbrun won his grievance against the New England Patriots and became an unrestricted free agent on Wednesday."

Mile High Mania
04-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Enh ... he's a punter.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Enh ... he's a punter.

Which is more than that sack of crap Ernster can claim.

ClevelandBronco
04-19-2007, 02:56 PM

The Oakland rivalry has kind of lost its edge. It's difficult to maintain a healthy hatred for that team when they're as bad as they've been recently.

ClevelandBronco
04-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Oakland and Denver is comparable to NY Yankees/Redsox and this will be the first year in a long time with no primetime game.

Overstatement.

vailpass
04-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Which is more than that sack of crap Ernster can claim.

Ernster is a solid punter and KO man and could very well beat Sauerbran out in camp. He is close to Sauerbran in punt average and surpasses him in TB on KO. Out of curiosity what were the KC punter/kicker's numbers in those categories?

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5704636

Sauerbrun was cut by the Broncos last October after he served an NFL suspension for using a banned substance. He was a standout for Denver in 2005, when he averaged 43.8 yards per punt and excelled on kickoffs, with 14 touchbacks. Paul Ernster averaged 41.7 yards per punt and had 19 touchbacks on kickoffs last season for Denver.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Ernster is a solid punter and KO man and could very well beat Sauerbran out in camp.[/B]

I'll be shocked if that happens. I think he sucks and so do most Donk fans. You must not like Sauerbrun for some reason.

ClevelandBronco
04-19-2007, 03:09 PM
It's the AFC West Triangle of Hate. Yes, it waxes and wanes, but we all pretty much despise one another. Raiders/Broncos has been the marquis feud over the decades, but that doesn't mean we hate the Chiefs any less, or vice versa.

As for the Chargers... well that's just adorable. Good try, little fellas.

That kinda sums it up perfectly, IMO.

ClevelandBronco
04-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Ernster is a solid punter and KO man and could very well beat Sauerbran out in camp. He is close to Sauerbran in punt average and surpasses him in TB on KO. Out of curiosity what were the KC punter/kicker's numbers in those categories?

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5704636

Sauerbrun was cut by the Broncos last October after he served an NFL suspension for using a banned substance. He was a standout for Denver in 2005, when he averaged 43.8 yards per punt and excelled on kickoffs, with 14 touchbacks....

And one forced fumble that was a hoot.

vailpass
04-19-2007, 03:14 PM
I'll be shocked if that happens. I think he sucks and so do most Donk fans. You must not like Sauerbrun for some reason.

Let me get this straight: YOU are telling ME what most Bronco fans think? Most Bronco fans wouldn't piss in your face if your hair was on fire much less tell you what they really think.

FTR I like Sauerbrun's big leg a lot but there is this little thing known as factual basis that I try hard to use before speaking. In this case it prevents me from saying Ernster sucks. You should try it sometime, maybe even incorporate it into your "writing".

Hammock Parties
04-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Let me get this straight: YOU are telling ME what most Bronco fans think?

Yeah. Most of your buddies are tickled pink that Sauerbrun is back. Ernster was horrible.

In fact, you've inspired me. Tomorrow I shall write a column about the greatness of Todd Sauerbrun.

vailpass
04-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah. Most of your buddies are tickled pink that Sauerbrun is back. Ernster was horrible.

In fact, you've inspired me. Tomorrow I shall write a column about the greatness of Todd Sauerbrun.

A guy who speaks for another guy's buddies is a guy who has none of his own.
Put that spank sock away and get out a little.

You kee saying Ernster was horrible. What were KC's punter/kicker's numbers as compared to Ernster's?

Hammock Parties
04-19-2007, 03:36 PM
You kee saying Ernster was horrible. What were KC's punter/kicker's numbers as compared to Ernster's?

Dustin Colquitt was second in the league in net punting average. Ernster was 24th. Any questions?

vailpass
04-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Dustin Colquitt was second in the league in net punting average. Ernster was 24th. Any questions?

What were each punter's avg. yards per punt?
How many touchbacks did Colquitt have on kick offs?

Don't finish your sentences to me with smug remarks you fat piece of virgin pussy, even on the intraweb you need to respect your betters.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2007, 04:05 PM
What were each punter's avg. yards per punt?
How many touchbacks did Colquitt have on kick offs?

Don't finish your sentences to me with smug remarks you fat piece of virgin pussy, even on the intraweb you need to respect your betters.

Dude, Colquitt > Ernster. Sauerbrun > Ernster. This isn't even a debate.

Any questions? ROFL

Valiant
04-19-2007, 04:43 PM

Any questions? ROFL

God you type just like Duh'nese... Are you two the same?

Valiant
04-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Just so we get the facts out there...

avg / net avg / longest / Touchbacks / In20

Dustin 44.3 / 39.3 / 72 / 5 / 23------------71 punts
Paul 41.7 / 36.6 / 61 / 7 / 23--------------80 punts
Todd 40.8 / 30.7 / 58 / 0 / 2--------------10 punts

Dustin looked to be the better punter last year with less punts...

vailpass
04-19-2007, 06:15 PM
God you type just like Duh'nese... Are you two the same?

Isn't GC is just the little bitch mouth? At least when he is hiding behind a keyboard safe in the lair of jaba the mom.

In no way am I saying Ernster is a better punter than Sauer or Colquitt. Colquitt is one of the better punters i
in the league.

What I'm saying is that Ernster, in addition to being a serviceable punter, is also a solid kick off man. That gives him an added dimension that can save a roster spot on some teams or keep the FG kicker from having to do KO duties on others.
If Ernster doesn't beat out Sauer for the Denver job he will get picked up real quick, possibly even by NE.

Now ya' see GoatQueer, if you would remove the tampon from your fat folds and man up you could get in on some regular football talk.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Whatever. Ernster sucks.

Skip Towne
04-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Isn't GC is just the little bitch mouth? At least when he is hiding behind a keyboard safe in the lair of jaba the mom.

In no way am I saying Ernster is a better punter than Sauer or Colquitt. Colquitt is one of the better punters i
in the league.

What I'm saying is that Ernster, in addition to being a serviceable punter, is also a solid kick off man. That gives him an added dimension that can save a roster spot on some teams or keep the FG kicker from having to do KO duties on others.
If Ernster doesn't beat out Sauer for the Denver job he will get picked up real quick, possibly even by NE.

Now ya' see GoatQueer, if you would remove the tampon from your fat folds and man up you could get in on some regular football talk.
If you don't like GC now, you should have seen him 5 years ago. He's a peach now. I hardly ever pick on him anymore.

OctoberFart
04-19-2007, 09:48 PM

Any questions? ROFL

And Lechler is better than all of them. At least Raiders have one player who is the best at his position. All AFC west teams have that except queefs.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2007, 09:52 PM
And Lechler is better than all of them. At least Raiders have one player who is the best at his position. All AFC west teams have that except queefs.

Actually I think Colquitt was better than Lechler last year. But he made the Pro Bowl on name recognition. They are pretty much neck-and-neck right now for best punter in the AFC.

Garcia Bronco
04-19-2007, 10:32 PM
We dislike the Riaders...no doubt...no doubt.....but we can't buy a win in KC.

Garcia Bronco
04-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Sauerbrun may not be the best kicker...but he'll put a hat on a runner and make him fumble....in playoff games...against the Pats. :)