PDA

View Full Version : Gosselin's first mock is out ...

Chiefnj2
04-18-2007, 09:19 PM
He's got KC taking Harrell. I'm too lazy to find the link.

I'm not too thrilled with the pick.

ChiefsCountry
04-18-2007, 09:36 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/041507dnspomockdraft.2dc3375.html

bdeg
04-18-2007, 11:46 PM
Not sold at all on Harrell. I hope we don't take either one at 23, but I'd rather have Tank Tyler.

42 bench reps > 24 (not just for that reason though(injuries))

the Talking Can
04-19-2007, 05:14 AM
give Russell to the Raiders in the first mock draft offering from The Dallas Morning News. Here's the rest of the draft:

Team Player Pos. School
1. Oakland JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
2. Detroit Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
Matt Millen has struggled with top-10 picks in his stint as general manager of the Lions. Peterson would be a safe and popular choice. Detroit had success using first-round picks on Oklahoma runners Steve Owens (1970) and Billy Sims (1980).
3. Cleveland Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
4. Tampa Bay Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
5. Arizona Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
6. Washington Gaines Adams DE Clemson
7. Minnesota LaRon Landry S LSU
8. Atlanta Leon Hall CB Michigan
9. Miami Alan Branch DT Michigan
10. Houston Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
11. San Francisco Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
12. Buffalo Marshawn Lynch RB California
13. St. Louis Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh
14. Carolina Patrick Willis LB Mississippi
15. Pittsburgh Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
Carriker is the prototypical defensive end for a 3-4 scheme. But his true value lies is his versatility. With his size (6-6, 296), he can line up at any of the four positions along the defensive line.
16. Green Bay Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State
17. Jacksonville Jarvis Moss DE Florida
18. Cincinnati Reggie Nelson S Florida
19. Tennessee Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
20. N.Y. Giants Levi Brown OT Penn State
21. Denver Lawrence Timmons LB Florida State
22. Dallas Dwayne Bowe WR LSU
With two starting wide receivers in their 30s, the Cowboys need a young player to build a future downfield passing game for Tony Romo. Bowe is a physical receiver in the Michael Irvin mold.
23. Kansas City Justin Harrell DT Tennessee
24. New England Jon Beason LB Miami
25. N.Y. Jets Aaron Ross CB Texas
26. Philadelphia Chris Houston CB Arkansas
27. New Orleans Dwayne Jarrett WR Southern California
28. New England Michael Griffin S Texas
29. Baltimore Joe Staley OT Central Michigan
30. San Diego Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio State
31. Chicago Paul Posluszny LB Penn State
32. Indianapolis Greg Olsen TE Miami

the Talking Can
04-19-2007, 05:21 AM
it's almost perverse that Detroit will pass on the one WR they should take after drafting 2 bums...but Peterson is good pick regardless...

..and Thomas would be perfect for Arizona, that should be a dominant offense...

I'm ambivelant about Harrell...we need a DT, and he's no Siavii, but I have no clue about his real potential.....and then there's Jarrett....

anyways, alot of those picks make sense - Ginn to Green Bay - he must know something about our intentions

htismaqe
04-19-2007, 05:56 AM
Harrell's stock has been rising steadily over the past few days...

Hound333
04-19-2007, 06:34 AM
I think if Levi falls that far we might make a short run up a few to get him.

Mecca
04-19-2007, 06:48 AM
I think I'd lean to Jarrett in this scenario.

BigChiefFan
04-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Harrell is a quality player-there are just concerns about his injuries. I like the pick.

htismaqe
04-19-2007, 06:58 AM
I think if Levi falls that far we might make a short run up a few to get him.

Herm's made it very clear that he wants to stockpile picks.

Mecca
04-19-2007, 07:04 AM
If the Chiefs are commited to do what they say they are, then odds are we'll have a shot at a better OT next year.....no need to trade up and burn picks.

htismaqe
04-19-2007, 07:17 AM
If the Chiefs are commited to do what they say they are, then odds are we'll have a shot at a better OT next year.....no need to trade up and burn picks.

I'd be willing to bet that we're gonna draft a guard but not a tackle.

Otherwise, we wouldn't have locked up McIntosh the first week of free agency.

Brock
04-19-2007, 07:19 AM
I think I'd lean to Jarrett in this scenario.

Reach.

Mecca
04-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Guard isn't nearly as big a deal, you can find a quality guard in rounds 3-5.

Mecca
04-19-2007, 07:20 AM
Reach.

No more than Harrell.......

htismaqe
04-19-2007, 07:20 AM
Guard isn't nearly as big a deal, you can find a quality guard in rounds 3-5.

Precisely.

I honestly think they're gonna go after defense early.

Chiefnj
04-19-2007, 08:01 AM
If forced to pick some of the other 1st rounders he has going after KC I'd rather have Beason, Houston or Jarrett. I could probably name 5-10 guys not on his 1st round list that I'd also prefer.

Hound333
04-19-2007, 08:07 AM
Herm's made it very clear that he wants to stockpile picks.

Thats because every indication is that there isn't much worth moving up for. Anyone worth that would be gone by pick 10. I think Levi might be worth a look if he falls into the very late teens or 20's.

I just think that if we are going to take Harrell we need to move down to do it. Of course everyone in the late first round wants to move down and very few are going to be willing to do it.

bdeg
04-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Thats because every indication is that there isn't much worth moving up for. Anyone worth that would be gone by pick 10. I think Levi might be worth a look if he falls into the very late teens or 20's.

No, it's because our team has a lot of holes and poor depth at a lot of positions so we can't afford to.

I do think that if Brown fell that far we should consider it. Mammoth LT's are hard to come by.

Hound333
04-19-2007, 09:44 AM
No, it's because our team has a lot of holes and poor depth at a lot of positions so we can't afford to.

I do think that if Brown fell that far we should consider it. Mammoth LT's are hard to come by.

We do have alot of holes in our team. There are only about 10 players I would even consider moving up for. I would also not like to move up any more than 4 spots. Anything more than that and it wouldn't be worth it. I just think that Levi is much better than anything we would get later in the first and then whatever pick we end up giving up to move.

suds79
04-19-2007, 11:22 AM
I really hope we either move up or down.

up for Levi or more likely down for guys like Harrell, Jarrett, Tyler if he's your guy.

We could trade down and get any one of those guys.

OnTheWarpath15
04-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Keep in mind we need a partner to trade down with.

This isn't the kind of draft class that I would expect teams to be looking to move up for......

I just think it's much easier said than done.

ct
04-19-2007, 12:22 PM
I'd love to move down too, then take Harrell. More and more the word is multiple teams are not liking this year's 2nd half of the 1st round. So who's gonna be looking to move up, and for whom are they moving up to select?

Chiefnj
04-19-2007, 12:57 PM
I'd love to move down too, then take Harrell. More and more the word is multiple teams are not liking this year's 2nd half of the 1st round. So who's gonna be looking to move up, and for whom are they moving up to select?

Someone desperate for LOT like Staley? Someone that didn't take a QB in 1-9 that wants to jump on Stanton or the kid from Stanford? Possibly a WR if Ginn or Bowe slip to 23. Other than that I agree with you, a lot of teams would probably like to fall back a bit.