PDA

View Full Version : Nick Athan on Jack Harry

GoHuge
04-19-2007, 10:58 PM
He named Trent the Dolphins new starting QB.

Also said we will be getting their 3rd and 6th round picks for Green :rolleyes: This makes no sense because they could just wait until he is released. I think it has been well documented that Miami is the only place he would consider going, so why give up the picks?

Also said KC will being strongly considering John Cornish from KU on the second day of the draft.

Reported Michael Bush was in town yesterday meeting with the Chiefs.

In the next 10 days LJ could be on the trading block rather than sign him to a long term deal.

Big surprise...Jared Allen may miss some time next season so the Chiefs may keep Eric Hicks.

Is this the kind of content one can get with a Premier membership? It looks like he gets his stories from the Planet and the rest he's just throwing darts.

I will apologize and sign up for the Premier membershop tomorrow if he is enen remotely close to hitting the Trent Green story. Personally I call :BS:

recxjake
04-19-2007, 11:05 PM
big suprise that allen will miss games??? no

Hammock Parties
04-19-2007, 11:05 PM
I can vouch with 100% certainty that you get much, much more with a premium membership.

Rausch
04-19-2007, 11:08 PM
I can vouch with 100% certainty that you get much, much more bull$#it with a premium membership.

FYP.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2007, 11:11 PM
You guys really should give Nick more credit. He doesn't pull this stuff from his ass. He visits Arrowhead frequently and has sources.

Wilson8
04-19-2007, 11:11 PM
Did they do a disclaimer and say, “The following information is for entertainment value only”?

That would be great to get a 3rd and 6th round pick for Trent.

I don't believe it though.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2007, 11:12 PM
I will apologize and sign up for the Premier membershop tomorrow if he is enen remotely close to hitting the Trent Green story. Personally I call :BS:

Uh, well I don't think the trade is going down TOMORROW, but I'll hold you to your post.

Rausch
04-19-2007, 11:14 PM
You guys really should give Nick more credit. He doesn't pull this stuff from his ass.

No, he doesn't.

He's an illiterate tool used to push any and all info the team can talk him into typing.

He's a much cheaper Gretz...

nychief
04-19-2007, 11:16 PM
You guys really should give Nick more credit. He doesn't pull this stuff from his ass. He visits Arrowhead frequently and has sources.

you are a ****ing moron.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2007, 11:20 PM
you are a ****ing moron.

You made me spit water all over my monitor. LMAO

Wilson8
04-19-2007, 11:30 PM
It seems if the LJ rumor had merit, that the Chiefs would be looking at running backs in the early rounds. Michael Bush might be an early round pick but I’ve also read that he might fall to a 3rd or 4th round. Jon Cornish is a late round pick at best.

Did anyone find a good list of all of the pre-draft visitors the Chiefs have had?

Demonpenz
04-19-2007, 11:30 PM
reading athan is like the first time i fingerbanged a girl, with less screaming.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Did anyone find a good list of all of the pre-draft visitors the Chiefs have had?

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=115#S=115&F=1838&T=417870

GoHuge
04-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Uh, well I don't think the trade is going down TOMORROW, but I'll hold you to your post.Hey man I said I will be the first one to apologize and sign up for the membership if he is right. I am a man of my wotd. That would be a great peice of reporting.

Halfcan
04-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Hicks was on Harry a few days ago-said he is leaner and meaner and wants to get back to a 14 sack season.

Silock
04-19-2007, 11:36 PM
reading athan is like the first time i fingerbanged a girl, with less screaming.

You have a laptop in the back of a Volkswagen?

Silock
04-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Hicks was on Harry a few days ago-said he is leaner and meaner and wants to get back to a 14 sack season.

The only way he's getting back to a 14 sack season is after the Chiefs cut him and he starts bagging groceries.

You made me spit water all over my monitor. LMAO
Guess that is easier to clean than the alternative.

kcchiefsus
You act like the Chiefs are going to release Green if we don't trade him to Miami. I don't see that happening. The Chiefs have repeatedly said they don't have a problem with keeping Green and letting him compete for the starting job. It's not like the Chiefs put Green on the trading block because they had no intention of letting him start. The only reason he is on the trading block is because Green came to Carl and asked for permission to seek out a trade and Carl was kind enough to allow him to do so. If we don't trade Green I do not see us cutting him.

I don't know if we will get that high of a pick but I definitely see us getting at least a 4th.

Direckshun
04-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Can we dig up the Athan thread where had a bunch of predictions?

How well did he do last time?

Wilson8
04-19-2007, 11:42 PM
http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=115#S=115&F=1838&T=417870

Pretty funny!!! I take it that WPI has compiled a list of visitors if I pay for the premium membership. I guess like GoHuge39, I will wait to see if Nick’s statements are true before buying a membership.

$Dollars$ are now riding on his predictions.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Am I to believe that two of you will now sign up if Nick hits this one out of the park?

Wilson8
04-19-2007, 11:54 PM
I'd would if he is good with this information. He is kind of hedging his bets with statements like, "In the next 10 days LJ COULD be on the trading block rather than sign him to a long term deal."

Wilson8
04-19-2007, 11:56 PM

Did Hicks also say he wanted to earn his money, $2,900,00 and $4,450,000 cap?

In defense of his play last year, Eric was coming off of knee surgery, but he certainly isn’t playing well enough to pay him that much money.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2007, 12:25 AM

Kicksave and a beauty.

Mecca
04-20-2007, 12:47 AM
Ugh I better not see Hicks on this team again.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2007, 12:49 AM
The only way he's getting back to a 14 sack season is after the Chiefs cut him and he starts bagging groceries.

This one's worth being quoted. Rep.

Hammock Parties
04-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Ugh I better not see Hicks on this team again.

He makes too much money.

Rausch
04-20-2007, 12:51 AM
He makes too much money.

This year.

He'll be gone next, at most.

For the same reason Sims will be...

booger
04-20-2007, 12:52 AM
He makes too much money.
to cut or keep?

Hammock Parties
04-20-2007, 12:53 AM
To cut.

blueballs
04-20-2007, 01:23 AM
Nick gets his info by reading the players spit
like some read palms or tea leaves
that is why he always carries a pocket mirror

Mecca
04-20-2007, 01:26 AM
To cut.

Bullshit his base salary is high that's what comes off when you cut him.

Silock
04-20-2007, 01:29 AM
What about cutting them after June 1? How does that impact the cap?

Mecca
04-20-2007, 01:30 AM
Hicks must have some dirt on the management he's sucked for over 5 years and is still here.

J Diddy
04-20-2007, 01:33 AM
Hicks must have some dirt on the management he's sucked for over 5 years and is still here.

I think it's the PR aspect. He was an undrafted FA, then that whole thing with his daughters heart came out and they pimped him nonstop, especially after that one monster year he had

I think they believe he is one of the things that ties over from the good old days when the chiefs played defense

big nasty kcnut
04-20-2007, 01:34 AM
My sources were and are still better then nick. In fact they why they didn't want me to call them cause i was getting better info then they wanted to give out.

Mecca
04-20-2007, 01:36 AM
I think it's the PR aspect. He was an undrafted FA, then that whole thing with his daughters heart came out and they pimped him nonstop, especially after that one monster year he had

I think they believe he is one of the things that ties over from the good old days when the chiefs played defense

These days most fans associate him with the garbage defenses because he was one of the 'faces" of it when anyone sees him they are reminded of garbage.

Hammock Parties
My sources were and are still better then nick. In fact they why they didn't want me to call them cause i was getting better info then they wanted to give out.

LMAO

CoMoChief

I wanna know who his sources are because he's completely wrong 85% of the time.

Hammock Parties
04-20-2007, 01:37 AM

Maybe he USED to be but not anymore. He has really been outstanding this offseason.

kcxiv
04-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Am I to believe that two of you will now sign up if Nick hits this one out of the park?
i found it funny that no one took your offer. I dont know nick from jim, but he has been right on a few occasions and my be right again. I just take everything said with a grain of salt. If it happens cool, nice job. If not, its not going to be the last time someone is wrong about it.

J Diddy
04-20-2007, 01:47 AM

dude
It's whiskey Joe

he lives under the 32nd street bridge

Kerberos
04-20-2007, 04:43 AM
I can vouch with 100% certainty that you get much, much more with a premium membership.

Does "THAT" much, much more that you Vouch for include getting F***ed out of $99.95 for this kind of "Ground Breaking News"?

Sorry there is NO SALE if this is indicative of what you get. :shake:

chop
04-20-2007, 04:47 AM
Nick has already stated that Trent was supposed to be traded weeks ago. He missed on that one now, since the draft is close, he'll throw up another dart. He then reads Teichers article and makes statements about LJ.

I went over to his site the other day and noticed that the signing of Kevin Sampson was a premier article even though the information was on all of the free sites.

the Talking Can
04-20-2007, 05:15 AM

I'm not sure if I know what this means, but it's ****ing hilarious

NewChief
04-20-2007, 05:18 AM
Here's a freebie:

My source told me that Carl and Dolphin dude talked within the last few days and absolutely nothing came of the talks. They completely stalled, and they're no closer to getting a deal done now than they were before. Frustration is evident within the Green camp.

the Talking Can
04-20-2007, 05:20 AM
Here's a freebie:

My source told me that Carl and Dolphin dude talked within the last few days and absolutely nothing came of the talks. They completely stalled, and they're no closer to getting a deal done now than they were before. Frustration is evident within the Green camp.

that sounds more like the CP we know and love...

chagrin
04-20-2007, 05:34 AM

Dude, you live in Houston right? How do you know for sure that Nick visits Arrowhead?

htismaqe
04-20-2007, 05:49 AM
You act like the Chiefs are going to release Green if we don't trade him to Miami. I don't see that happening. The Chiefs have repeatedly said they don't have a problem with keeping Green and letting him compete for the starting job. It's not like the Chiefs put Green on the trading block because they had no intention of letting him start. The only reason he is on the trading block is because Green came to Carl and asked for permission to seek out a trade and Carl was kind enough to allow him to do so. If we don't trade Green I do not see us cutting him.

I don't know if we will get that high of a pick but I definitely see us getting at least a 4th.

The Chiefs are not going to release Green.

htismaqe
04-20-2007, 05:50 AM
I predicted we were going to draft a RB BEFORE Athan, and BEFORE Teicher too.

I want people to pay me $99.95!!!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3907085

patteeu
04-20-2007, 06:40 AM
Also said we will be getting their 3rd and 6th round picks for Green :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, according to the draft value chart (http://www.ourlads.com/nfldraftvalue.cfm), a 3rd and a 6th is damn close to the halfway point between the Chiefs' initial demand of a 2nd and a 7th and Miami's original offer of a 7th.

I don't know if Miami has the 9th pick in every round (or if they alternate with some other team), but if they do, here are the values:

Chiefs' initial demand: 2nd+7th = 490+11 = 501

Athan's prediction: 3rd+6th = 225+23.8 = 248.8

Dolphin's original offer: 7th = 11

So while Athan's prediction seems to be a lot closer to Carl's first demand and might look like the Dolphins were caving, it's actually a little closer to the Dolphins' original offer and represents almost a down-the-middle compromise.

Kerberos
04-20-2007, 06:43 AM
I predicted we were going to draft a RB BEFORE Athan, and BEFORE Teicher too.

I want people to pay me $99.95!!!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3907085

Where do I send the paypal?

King_Chief_Fan
04-20-2007, 07:37 AM
Maybe he USED to be but not anymore. He has really been outstanding this offseason.

how so?

Mecca
04-20-2007, 07:39 AM
The Chiefs are not going to release Green.

Please don't tell me you want him to start.....that's just spinning the wheels. But playing to win 8 games in a "rebuilding" year sounds like Carl......

Hootie
04-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Here's a freebie:

Are you still going to be a Chiefs fan when he's gone?

NewChief
04-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Are you still going to be a Chiefs fan when he's gone?

I'll probably still root for the Chiefs, yeah. Unless they're playing the Dolphins or whoever Trent ends up with. I don't know, though, I will also take a perverse satisfaction if the Chiefs fall flat on their face this year and your boy sucks it up.

In the long run, I'll probably come back around to the Chiefs down the road. They're the closest NFL team to me, after all, and a lot of our family is in KC. Right now, I'm not very happy with the organization, though.

Skip Towne
04-20-2007, 08:01 AM
You sound just like Phobia did when he first went over there. But we all know Athan is full of shit.

Hootie
04-20-2007, 08:07 AM
I'll probably still root for the Chiefs, yeah. Unless they're playing the Dolphins or whoever Trent ends up with. I don't know, though, I will also take a perverse satisfaction if the Chiefs fall flat on their face this year and your boy sucks it up.

In the long run, I'll probably come back around to the Chiefs down the road. They're the closest NFL team to me, after all, and a lot of our family is in KC. Right now, I'm not very happy with the organization, though.
I hope there is no hard feelings...

I really really REALLY liked Trent Green during his tenure in KC.

The dude was a gamer.

Most may find it hard to believe, but Green is actually my favorite Chief...ever. I loved everything about Green and the Vermeil era...

Yeah, I know...we didn't win a Super Bowl.

Skip Towne
04-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Here's a freebie:

So now you are going to try to convince us that you have sources?

Fire Me Boy!
04-20-2007, 08:21 AM
You sound just like Phobia did when he first went over there. But we all know Athan is full of shit.
We all know it, GoChiefs knows it, Athan knows it. GoChiefs is an Athan apologist, and while I used to kinda respect what GoChiefs has to say, I completely ignore him when it has anything remotely connected to WPI. He has NO objectivity when it comes to Athan/WPI.

Skip Towne
04-20-2007, 08:26 AM
We all know it, GoChiefs knows it, Athan knows it. GoChiefs is an Athan apologist, and while I used to kinda respect what GoChiefs has to say, I completely ignore him when it has anything remotely connected to WPI. He has NO objectivity when it comes to Athan/WPI.
Well put.

Brock
04-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Also said we will be getting their 3rd and 6th round picks for Green This makes no sense because they could just wait until he is released.

What if he isn't released?

Eleazar
04-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Green will not be released. It's not like we are in cap hell and will be forced to cut him. We could very well bring him back this season if we wanted to. If that weren't try Carl wouldn't have any leverage. That's dumb.

htismaqe
04-20-2007, 09:22 AM
Please don't tell me you want him to start.....that's just spinning the wheels. But playing to win 8 games in a "rebuilding" year sounds like Carl......

I don't even want him on the team. But my opinion isn't relevant.

They WON'T cut him.

htismaqe
04-20-2007, 09:22 AM

Hootie's boy?

You mean the BACKUP QB?

Hootie
04-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Hootie's boy?

You mean the BACKUP QB?
You really think with our schedule the way it is Herm is going to throw Croyle in the fire with away games against San Diego and Chicago to start the year?

If so, you aren't as smart as I thought you were.

If anything, the schedule is perfect for Croyle...when Huard starts the season 0-3 it'll be a perfect time for Croyle to come in and be the "savior"...

GoHuge
04-20-2007, 10:36 AM
For what it's worth, according to the draft value chart (http://www.ourlads.com/nfldraftvalue.cfm), a 3rd and a 6th is damn close to the halfway point between the Chiefs' initial demand of a 2nd and a 7th and Miami's original offer of a 7th.

I don't know if Miami has the 9th pick in every round (or if they alternate with some other team), but if they do, here are the values:

Chiefs' initial demand: 2nd+7th = 490+11 = 501

Athan's prediction: 3rd+6th = 225+23.8 = 248.8

Dolphin's original offer: 7th = 11

So while Athan's prediction seems to be a lot closer to Carl's first demand and might look like the Dolphins were caving, it's actually a little closer to the Dolphins' original offer and represents almost a down-the-middle compromise.I understand what your saying, and it makes perfect sense. Never the less if I was a Dolphins fan I would be going nuts if my team gave up that kind of value for a 37 year old guy with a questionable cranium. We know Trent and everybody here loves him so where bias, and we know what he is capable of doing. I hate to see him go, but God bless Carl if he can pull this deal off. That would be awesome! As a Dolphins fan I would be all kinds of pissed, but it's not like they have any other choice. They are cutting Culpepper and the other QB's on their roster are shit. They don't have a choice.

Again GoChiefs if Nick called this right I will sign up for "Premier" the day it happens. I'm sure rooting for it to happen, so it's a win win either way. At least then I will be able to decide for myself if it is good or if it sucks shit like most people say.

vailpass
04-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Here's a freebie:

This is more accurate data than that huckster Athan could ever hope to give Chief fans. You guys should send your $ to NewPhin..errr.FormerChief...errrrr..you know.

vailpass
04-20-2007, 10:45 AM
So now you are going to try to convince us that you have sources?

LMAO

dirk digler
04-20-2007, 10:48 AM
I would be very, very surprised if the Chiefs got 2 picks for Green and if they actually got a 3 and a 6 i would change my avatar to Athan in honor of his greatness.

htismaqe
04-20-2007, 11:29 AM
You really think with our schedule the way it is Herm is going to throw Croyle in the fire with away games against San Diego and Chicago to start the year?

If so, you aren't as smart as I thought you were.

If anything, the schedule is perfect for Croyle...when Huard starts the season 0-3 it'll be a perfect time for Croyle to come in and be the "savior"...

What the hell does the schedule have to do with anything? Herm doesn't whine about the schedule, that's a Vermeil thing. Either Croyle wins or he doesn't. Huard is still a backup.

patteeu
04-20-2007, 12:08 PM
What the hell does the schedule have to do with anything? Herm doesn't whine about the schedule, that's a Vermeil thing. Either Croyle wins or he doesn't. Huard is still a backup.

I think he might have a point there. With 3 of the first 4 games on the road, it looks to be a relatively tough stretch for the Chiefs. They follow that with a stretch that looks much better, 6 of 8 at home. If Huard has trouble in the first 4 games, they can bring in Croyle to face the home-heavy schedule (with Jared Allen back in the lineup) and possibly get off to a fast start. It wouldn't have anything to do with public whining about the schedule, it would just have to do with the realistic understanding that teams play better at home than on the road (especially recent vintage Chiefs teams).

htismaqe
04-20-2007, 12:38 PM
I think he might have a point there. With 3 of the first 4 games on the road, it looks to be a relatively tough stretch for the Chiefs. They follow that with a stretch that looks much better, 6 of 8 at home. If Huard has trouble in the first 4 games, they can bring in Croyle to face the home-heavy schedule (with Jared Allen back in the lineup) and possibly get off to a fast start. It wouldn't have anything to do with public whining about the schedule, it would just have to do with the realistic understanding that teams play better at home than on the road (especially recent vintage Chiefs teams).

That line of thinking only has merit if you're interested in doing just enough to back into the playoffs and get beat in the 1st round.

If they want Croyle to be the starter, make him the starter and be done with it. The schedule shouldn't have a damn thing to do with it.

The more I think about it, the more I expect that's precisely what the Chiefs will do.

patteeu
04-20-2007, 01:49 PM
That line of thinking only has merit if you're interested in doing just enough to back into the playoffs and get beat in the 1st round.

If they want Croyle to be the starter, make him the starter and be done with it. The schedule shouldn't have a damn thing to do with it.

The more I think about it, the more I expect that's precisely what the Chiefs will do.

Ha!

I think you're point has some merit too, but I think there's some middle ground in there somewhere.

If the Chiefs really think Croyle is clearly the best QB coming out of training camp then they will probably start him in the opener. But if they believe that Huard gives them their best chance to win in week 1, they will probably start Huard. If Huard performs well and the Chiefs win during that early stretch, I'd imagine that they'd keep the Croyle experiment on the back burner and ride Huard into the mid-season stretch. But if the team performs poorly during those first four weeks of the season, it will give the coaches a perfect opportunity to plug Croyle in with lowered expectations while the stars are aligned for him in a way they wouldn't be if he starts the season.

It's not that the coaches would be going into the season planning on Huard failure early, it's just that it's a fallback position provided by the peculiarities of the schedule.

kcxiv
04-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Bah, i thought i made a new thread for this. damn it.

Edit for mess up.

Hammock Parties
04-20-2007, 02:05 PM
I went over to his site the other day and noticed that the signing of Kevin Sampson was a premier article even though the information was on all of the free sites.

No. We had it before anyone else. As we did with the James Reed signing.

Eleazar
04-20-2007, 02:07 PM
No. We had it before anyone else. As we did with the James Reed signing.

Holy crap! I can't believe I missed hearing about the Kevin Sampson signing a couple hours ahead of time. I'd better pony up that $89.95 post haste

htismaqe
04-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Ha!

I think you're point has some merit too, but I think there's some middle ground in there somewhere.

If the Chiefs really think Croyle is clearly the best QB coming out of training camp then they will probably start him in the opener. But if they believe that Huard gives them their best chance to win in week 1, they will probably start Huard. If Huard performs well and the Chiefs win during that early stretch, I'd imagine that they'd keep the Croyle experiment on the back burner and ride Huard into the mid-season stretch. But if the team performs poorly during those first four weeks of the season, it will give the coaches a perfect opportunity to plug Croyle in with lowered expectations while the stars are aligned for him in a way they wouldn't be if he starts the season.

It's not that the coaches would be going into the season planning on Huard failure early, it's just that it's a fallback position provided by the peculiarities of the schedule.

Going into ANY season with a 34-year old journeyman as your starter tells everyone that you're perfectly willing to be mediocre in order to sell tickets and don't care about the future.

Sam Hall
04-20-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm confused by the thread title. Was Nick Athan physically on top of Jack Harry or was he merely a guest on Jack Harry's TV show, sitting across the table from him?

Hammock Parties
04-20-2007, 02:09 PM

Meh, whatever. I've been very impressed with him this offseason. The first Chiefs forum I check is the premium forum on Warpaint Illustrated, because he updates it at least three times a week. I literally look forward to the updates and am disappointed on the RARE day there's nothing there.

There have been ongoing threads on multiple players for WEEKs now, and that doesn't even include the outstanding updates he gave us during free agency.

Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan is not full of shit. He's an outstanding source of inside information to the Chiefs.

And some of you guys can't let the past go.

Hammock Parties
04-20-2007, 02:10 PM
I would be very, very surprised if the Chiefs got 2 picks for Green and if they actually got a 3 and a 6 i would change my avatar to Athan in honor of his greatness.

I'm holding you to this. ROFL

Hammock Parties
04-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Holy crap! I can't believe I missed hearing about the Kevin Sampson signing a couple hours ahead of time. I'd better pony up that $89.95 post haste

Look, I'm not going to deny that it's minor. You get a hell of a lot more for your money, though.

Redrum_69
04-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Meh, whatever. I've been very impressed with him this offseason. The first Chiefs forum I check is the premium forum on Warpaint Illustrated, because he updates it at least three times a week. I literally look forward to the updates and am disappointed on the RARE day there's nothing there.

There have been ongoing threads on multiple players for WEEKs now, and that doesn't even include the outstanding updates he gave us during free agency.

Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan is not full of shit. He's an outstanding source of inside information to the Chiefs.

So it is true then, after reading that statement...you two really ARE going steady.

How cute

Redrum_69
04-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Look, I'm not going to deny that it's minor. You get a hell of a lot more for your money, though.

Your moms # is already free and available at most truck stops...so you cant wow us with that

The bumper sticker that says "Darth Virgin was here" isnt that great either

Hootie
04-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Ha!

Shh!!

Logic makes no sense to htismaqe when it comes to this. He's so set in stone that Huard will be the backup he can't see the OBVIOUS picture of what's going to happen...

Huard is going to start week 1...they are going to lose to Houston. Then we're going to lose to Chicago. We'll probably start 1-3, and at that point, if Huard has shitty stats and is part of the problem...the Croyle era will officially begin.

Then Croyle will have 12 games to help the Chiefs determine whether or not they'll use their top 10 pick on a QB in the 2008 NFL draft.

Hammock Parties
04-20-2007, 02:30 PM
I find your prediction laughable since even the Chiefs themselves haven't likely decided who they want to start the regular season. Is it possible? Yes.

Hootie
04-20-2007, 02:30 PM
if WPI was smart, they'd have a monthly subscription option at like 6.95 or something...like ESPN Insider.

J Diddy
04-20-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm confused by the thread title. Was Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan physically on top of Jack Harry or was he merely a guest on Jack Harry's TV show, sitting across the table from him?

me thinks a little bit of both

Fire Me Boy!
04-20-2007, 02:31 PM

Well, you can't blame someone for not letting the past go. The best thing Athan could do for himself AND his magazine is remove himself completely from it.

He has been given opportunity after opportunity and has done nothing in the past but make himself out to be someone who throws shit to a wall to see what sticks. It should be no surprise to you, nor Athan himself, that he has no credibility. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

And I'll reiterate, the more you tout his sources and ability, the sadder it makes you look and the less credibility you have... kind of the whole "those who lie with dogs" things.

Hootie
04-20-2007, 02:32 PM
I find your prediction laughable since even the Chiefs themselves haven't likely decided who they want to start the regular season. Is it possible? Yes.
Anybody who thinks Huard isn't going to start game 1 is an idiot.

Our schedule is ****ing ridiculous.

The Chiefs are going to have a miserable season this year. I can feel it.

I am thinking 6-10...8-8 at the VERY best.

I'm as optimistic as they come...Huard is going to start the first three to five games and then Croyle is going to take over when it becomes apparent we aren't very good...

Our defense is going to be a good defense, for sure...but our offense is going to be poor. Very poor.

I hope I'm wrong...but I don't think I am going to be.

Eleazar

No, I don't, I'm never going to flush any money to that huckster.

Hammock Parties
The best thing Athan could do for himself AND his magazine is remove himself completely from it.

More than likely that would be the worst thing. He has inroads to the Chiefs that the rest of us don't have and likely never will.

GoHuge
04-20-2007, 03:06 PM
if WPI was smart, they'd have a monthly subscription option at like 6.95 or something...like ESPN Insider.Are you crazy? ESPN has NO idea of how to run a sports information service! I give them another month, TOPS! :)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l33ohfzgk9k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l33ohfzgk9k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

htismaqe
04-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Shh!!

Logic makes no sense to htismaqe when it comes to this. He's so set in stone that Huard will be the backup he can't see the OBVIOUS picture of what's going to happen...

Huard is going to start week 1...they are going to lose to Houston. Then we're going to lose to Chicago. We'll probably start 1-3, and at that point, if Huard has shitty stats and is part of the problem...the Croyle era will officially begin.

Then Croyle will have 12 games to help the Chiefs determine whether or not they'll use their top 10 pick on a QB in the 2008 NFL draft.

You should have called up Huard and his agent.

If it's so blatantly obvious he's gonna be the starter game 1, he got ripped off on his BACKUP contract...

htismaqe
04-20-2007, 03:16 PM
And just for the record, you're right. Logic has NOTHING to do with it.

Primarily because I'm not trying to tell anyone what WILL happen.

I'm saying what SHOULD happen.

Hootie
04-20-2007, 07:55 PM
And just for the record, you're right. Logic has NOTHING to do with it.

Primarily because I'm not trying to tell anyone what WILL happen.

I'm saying what SHOULD happen.
there you go...lol!

You always leave yourself 'outs' when you make your 'OMG I KNOW FOR A FACT' predictions so when you're wrong you can link us to this thread and show us you never predicted anything, blah blah blah...

You've been wrong all along on this entire situation...and you know it.

Hammock Parties
04-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Hootie, do you really think even the Chiefs have decided at this point? If Croyle comes out in training camp and preseason and is zinging the ball around like a pro, they'll start him immediately.

alanm
04-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Just because he drives by the stadium and knows the ticket office number doesn't mean shit. ROFL

Hammock Parties
04-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Just because he drives by the stadium and knows the ticket office number doesn't mean shit. ROFL

Is this supposed to be some kind of joke? It's not very funny.

Skip Towne
04-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Hootie, do you really think even the Chiefs have decided at this point? If Croyle comes out in training camp and preseason and is zinging the ball around like a pro, they'll start him immediately.
They will have to throw him in there eventually. Troy Aikman went 1-15 his first year as a starter. Then look what happened.

alanm
04-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Is this supposed to be some kind of joke? It's not very funny.
I dunno.. When I want "Inside information" at what's going on at Arrowhead what better place for sources than the ticket office. :shrug: ROFL

Hootie
04-20-2007, 08:22 PM
They will have to throw him in there eventually. Troy Aikman went 1-15 his first year as a starter. Then look what happened.
hahaha

How about the other 200 guys who had horrible first seasons and were never able to bounce back?

Slick32
04-20-2007, 08:39 PM

Facts are facts, but I brought up that same point in a discussion at work and was basically banned from the conversation.

The only judge of what will or can happen is time.

Hammock Parties
04-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Facts are facts, but I brought up that same point in a discussion at work and was basically banned from the conversation.

WTF? LOL. I want to meet your coworkers.

Slick32
04-20-2007, 08:57 PM
WTF? LOL. I want to meet your coworkers.

No you don't, they make some of the losers you see on the internet look intelligent.

Silock
04-20-2007, 09:02 PM
No you don't, they make some of the losers you see on the internet look intelligent.

GoChiefs should fit right in :)

Hammock Parties
04-20-2007, 09:34 PM

Let me guess. They are the guys that complained when we drafted Hali last year?

htismaqe
04-21-2007, 06:54 AM
there you go...lol!

You always leave yourself 'outs' when you make your 'OMG I KNOW FOR A FACT' predictions so when you're wrong you can link us to this thread and show us you never predicted anything, blah blah blah...

You've been wrong all along on this entire situation...and you know it.

What prediction?

And what am I wrong about?

See, I haven't left an out. I don't make predictions, plain and simple.

I don't have to. Time will prove just how ridiculous you've been through all of this.

Slick32
04-21-2007, 06:57 AM
Let me guess. They are the guys that complained when we drafted Hali last year?

I don't know enough about this bb, internet in general.

Hootie
04-21-2007, 07:17 AM
What prediction?

And what am I wrong about?

See, I haven't left an out. I don't make predictions, plain and simple.

I don't have to. Time will prove just how ridiculous you've been through all of this.
Ridiculous?

I said Huard was the better option at QB last year than Green...I was right.

I said Huard was going to be resigned...I was right.

And now I'm saying Huard will be our starter...and I'll be right.

Yep, sure, that's REAAAAAL ridiculous.

htismaqe
04-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Ridiculous?

I said Huard was the better option at QB last year than Green...I was right.

I said Huard was going to be resigned...I was right.

And now I'm saying Huard will be our starter...and I'll be right.

Yep, sure, that's REAAAAAL ridiculous.

You said Huard was the better option at QB than Green...NOT PROVABLE.

1) Green may have just as easily went 5-3 with that schedule just like Huard did. But he didn't, he got hurt.

2) Do you honestly think Huard would have made a difference in the playoff game?

You said Huard would be re-signed. So did alot of people. And you disagreed with alot of people when they said he'd get the money he deserved. You were wrong. I know that 3-year, $7.5M contract is a hard fact for you to deal with, especially considering the fact that your boy signed it without even sniffing free agency. Seems Huard is capable of accepting reality, unlike some of his fans.

As for Huard being the starter, you left yourself an out, as you like to put it. A month ago Huard was the starter. Now the "schedule is brutal" and Huard is gonna "get pulled if he struggles". Need a binky?

Silock
06-06-2007, 05:33 AM
*cough*cough*cough*

GoHuge
06-06-2007, 06:17 AM
That was fun looking back at all the predictions. Hardly any where right (especially Athan) and in the end Carl won. Good job!