PDA

View Full Version : To BTBD or not to BTBD, that is the question.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 11:32 AM
To be the bigger dick or not to be the bigger dick, that is the question and it relates to driving. We got this BIG ASS PU truck awhile back. I noticed immediately that I got more respect when I was out on the road. Just for a little background about what it’s like to drive here. We don’t drive nearly as fast as you do out there in KC but people are huge dicks especially if they drive a mini-van of a Mercedez. Me I am a considerate driver for the most part. Your blinker is on and you want in I am going to let you in. I simply cannot stand people being rude though especially since the average one is a giant pussy who couldn’t fight his way out of a wet paper bag for the world. Get behind the wheel of a Mercedez though and look out. Recently I have decided to BTBD. Apparently in Hillsborough if you have a Mercedez you always have the right away. I can be on the right and in the intersection well ahead of one but he just won’t stop and go first. The other day I had enough of that. I got right behind him and layed on my horn for 5 minutes straight following him a couple feet behind. I thought the guy was just going die right there either out of fear or is head would just blow the **** up. I giggled myself to sleep that night. I find myself doing more and more stuff like that. Don’t want to let me in, fine I’ll just come over anyway and you better get out of my way. That one’s been one of my favorites lately. I know this will be a horrible example to set for my son one these days but for now I am really having fun with it and I don’t think I will ever drive a small vehicle again. MOF I am thinking of buying a mad max mobile some time in the next couple years. I have an address where it won’t need to be smogged and I could probably have a huge ass 500 horsepower heathen mobile to drive around in. Anywho’s I will ask the planet, to BTBD or not to BTBD, what do you think?

Fire Me Boy!
04-20-2007, 11:35 AM
I hate drivers like you. As I try to be a respectful driver most of the time the worst thing in the world is to have some dickhead think he's got the right of way simply because he's bigger.

You're no better than the Mercedes driver now.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 11:37 AM
I hate drivers like you. As I try to be a respectful driver most of the time the worst thing in the world is to have some dickhead think he's got the right of way simply because he's bigger.

You're no better than the Mercedes driver now.

Your reading comprehension isn't very good. I said I am a courteous driver for the most part. Use your blinker I will always let you ect. Whatever, thanks for playing.

Fire Me Boy!
04-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Don’t want to let me in, fine I’ll just come over anyway and you better get out of my way. That one’s been one of my favorites lately.

StcChief
04-20-2007, 11:41 AM
BD
those Cali rich Mercedes or Minivan mamas on their cell phones need to be brought back to earth. Scare the hell outta them if they a rude A$$.

dirk digler
04-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Do you pack heat? Because you never know who you might piss off and they may try to shoot your ass.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 11:42 AM
****ing guy is being rude. It gets to the point where there is a merge and person after person doesn't want to let you in and is being a dick. Want to do that fine, I'm coming over lets see what happens. People are never ever that rude to my face.

Fire Me Boy!
04-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Are you one of those drivers that sees a "lane ends, merge right" sign in a construction zone and keeps driving in the left lane... then, with 100 feet left, decides someone should let you?

Damned if you're going to get in front of me... you may try to come on over, but if you do you'll be buying me a new truck.

As my dad used to say, "Poor planning on your part does not necessitate and emergency on mine."

Fire Me Boy!
04-20-2007, 11:43 AM
****ing guy is being rude. It gets to the point where there is a merge and person after person doesn't want to let you in and is being a dick. Want to do that fine, I'm coming over lets see what happens.
Maybe if you got in line when everyone else did instead of driving in the clear lane and bypassing courteous drivers, you wouldn't have this problem?

Eleazar
04-20-2007, 11:43 AM
I will let someone in if they have their blinker on, or if their intent is obvious, and they aren't being rude.

If you pass a line of stopped traffic and then try to squeeze your way in before your exit, I'm not letting you in. I don't care if you wife is having a baby in the passenger seat. Wait your turn like everyone else. I planned ahead for my exit... lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

The other thing that really burns my asz is when I'm at the end of a long line of traffic, getting off at an exit or something, with tons of open space behind me, and someone pulls up beside me and turns on their blinker, wanting to be let in. If there is space behind me and you want in front of me, fug off.

Fire Me Boy!
04-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I will let someone in if they have their blinker on, or if their intent is obvious, and they aren't being rude.

If you pass a line of stopped traffic and then try to squeeze your way in before your exit, I'm not letting you in. I don't care if you wife is having a baby in the passenger seat. Wait your turn like everyone else ahole.

The other thing that really burns my asz is when I'm at the end of a long line of traffic, getting off at an exit or something, with tons of open space behind me, and someone pulls up beside me and turns on their blinker, wanting to be let in. If there is space behind me and you want in front of me, fug off.
Exactly. I have a small suspicion this is BIG_DADDY's problem.

Eleazar
04-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Exactly. I have a small suspicion this is BIG_DADDY's problem.

Damnit don't quote me until I'm done editing! :cuss: :p

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Do you pack heat? Because you never know who you might piss off and they may try to shoot your ass.

Good point, I wanted to get a gun rack anyway. :) :bang:

Truth is where I am at most of these dick heads have no balls whatsoever unless they are in their car. Gun? 99% probably wouldn't know what to do with one if they had it loaded for them.

afchiefs
04-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Find you an old rusty beatup PU with half the paint gone with a sign that says WANNA WRECK? Those Mercedes and BMWs will flee the scene every time!

Eleazar
04-20-2007, 11:47 AM

Truth is where I am at most of these dick heads have no balls whatsoever unless they are in their car. Gun? 99% probably wouldn't know what to do with one if they had it loaded for them.

I thought that the supreme soviet outlawed guns in california back in the 60s anyway...

Fire Me Boy!
04-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Damnit don't quote me until I'm done editing! :cuss: :p
ROFL

Your edited comment copies my post right before yours!

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 11:50 AM

If you pass a line of stopped traffic and then try to squeeze your way in before your exit, I'm not letting you in. I don't care if you wife is having a baby in the passenger seat. Wait your turn like everyone else. I planned ahead for my exit... lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Seriously, I am a very courteous driver for the most part. I am also very nice in person. I hold doors, treat woman well and try to help old people. I just have big issues with people who are blatently rude which is why I have run in's with Chinese on a fairly regular basis. lil momma is the great in this area. One of my favorites is when some chinese lady tries to cut in front of her in line. Always a good howl.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Find you an old rusty beatup PU with half the paint gone with a sign that says WANNA WRECK? Those Mercedes and BMWs will flee the scene every time!

Mad Max mobile baby!!! :)

Simply Red
04-20-2007, 11:51 AM
To be the bigger dick or not to be the bigger dick, that is the question and it relates to driving. We got this BIG ASS PU truck awhile back. I noticed immediately that I got more respect when I was out on the road. Just for a little background about what it’s like to drive here. We don’t drive nearly as fast as you do out there in KC but people are huge dicks especially if they drive a mini-van of a Mercedez. Me I am a considerate driver for the most part. Your blinker is on and you want in I am going to let you in. I simply cannot stand people being rude though especially since the average one is a giant pussy who couldn’t fight his way out of a wet paper bag for the world. Get behind the wheel of a Mercedez though and look out. Recently I have decided to BTBD. Apparently in Hillsborough if you have a Mercedez you always have the right away. I can be on the right and in the intersection well ahead of one but he just won’t stop and go first. The other day I had enough of that. I got right behind him and layed on my horn for 5 minutes straight following him a couple feet behind. I thought the guy was just going die right there either out of fear or is head would just blow the **** up. I giggled myself to sleep that night. I find myself doing more and more stuff like that. Don’t want to let me in, fine I’ll just come over anyway and you better get out of my way. That one’s been one of my favorites lately. I know this will be a horrible example to set for my son one these days but for now I am really having fun with it and I don’t think I will ever drive a small vehicle again. MOF I am thinking of buying a mad max mobile some time in the next couple years. I have an address where it won’t need to be smogged and I could probably have a huge ass 500 horsepower heathen mobile to drive around in. Anywho’s I will ask the planet, to BTBD or not to BTBD, what do you think?
I just traded my Mercedes S-500 in for the big ass Infiniti QX56. Wasn't a dick then and still not a dick. (at least on the road)

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 11:52 AM
ROFL

Your edited comment copies my post right before yours!

You have taken this kind of personally. I get the feeling you are one of those dicks that just doesn't like being called out.

Braincase
When I drove the Expedition round trip to KC everyday, people pretty much stayed out of my way. Now that I'm driving the Buick Park Avenue, more people cut me off in traffic... then when I find myself pulling to them and scowling, they realize I'm not a 68 year old grandmother and usually give me a smile and mouth "I'm sorry".

I'm thinking about trading the Buick in on a King Cab PU. Red. With a sticker n the back that says "Don't Like my driving - Call 1-800-EAT-SHIT".

Fire Me Boy!
Seriously, I am a very courteous driver for the most part. I am also very nice in person. I hold doors, treat woman well and try to help old people. I just have big issues with people who are blatently rude which is why I have run in's with Chinese on a fairly regular basis. lil momma is the great in this area. One of my favorites is when some chinese lady tries to cut in front of her in line. Always a good howl.
It's great that your kind and courteous every other place in the world. It really is, and I'm not being sarcastic at all.

But you say my reading comprehension is bad when you readily admit through your own thread header that you chose to be the bigger dick.

Am I missing something?

And you haven't answered my question about when you choose to get in line? Is it an honest mistake and you didn't know your turn was coming up, or are you bypassing a line of stopped cars to get ahead?

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 11:54 AM
I just traded my Mercedes S-500 in for the big ass Infiniti QX56. Wasn't a dick then and still not a dick. (at least on the road)

It's not everyone that drives them but a good percentage out here. We have the ultra elite snobs. I remind them of their manners all the time. If I hold open the door for you and you don't say thanks I will say your welcome anyway.

Fire Me Boy!
You have taken this kind of personally. I get the feeling you are one of those dicks that just doesn't like being called out.
I took post #3 kinda personally, yeah. You're the one that admitted to being a dick, then said I misread your post.

It's also entirely possible that since I've puked three times today and I'm still at work that I'm overly sensitive.

afchiefs
Mad Max mobile baby!!! :)

make sure and give one of our pit bulls a ride in the back of mad max

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 11:55 AM
When I drove the Expedition round trip to KC everyday, people pretty much stayed out of my way. Now that I'm driving the Buick Park Avenue, more people cut me off in traffic... then when I find myself pulling to them and scowling, they realize I'm not a 68 year old grandmother and usually give me a smile and mouth "I'm sorry".

I'm thinking about trading the Buick in on a King Cab PU. Red. With a sticker n the back that says "Don't Like my driving - Call 1-800-EAT-SHIT".

Exactly, the bigger the better.

Simply Red
04-20-2007, 11:56 AM
It's not everyone that drives them but a good percentage out here. We have the ultra elite snobs. I remind them of their manners all the time. If I hold open the door for you and you don't say thanks I will say your welcome anyway.

I like it.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 11:56 AM

He rides with me quite a bit but he has been staying home with lil momma while she has been going through the hard pregnancy. he will be back soon. :)

afchiefs
04-20-2007, 11:57 AM

I know I hit the Y key :harumph:

dirk digler
04-20-2007, 11:58 AM

There are too many wackos in California not to pack heat while being a dick driver

Lzen
04-20-2007, 11:59 AM
I have noticed since I bought my truck nearly 2 years ago that I get more respect on the road. Keep in mind that I used to drive a Buick Skylark. One thing I love is when these dumbasses are just cruising along in the passing lane on the highway. When they see my grill in their rear view mirror, they generally get out of the way. :D

afchiefs
04-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Dont have much to say just

Whoo!!! Post #70 since Jul 2002

Does this make me a post whore. PBJ :hmmm:

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 12:02 PM
It's great that your kind and courteous every other place in the world. It really is, and I'm not being sarcastic at all.

But you say my reading comprehension is bad when you readily admit through your own thread header that you chose to be the bigger dick.

Am I missing something?

And you haven't answered my question about when you choose to get in line? Is it an honest mistake and you didn't know your turn was coming up, or are you bypassing a line of stopped cars to get ahead?

Today was a great example. I am coming onto to freeway and trying to get over. Car after car speeds up to not let me in. I finally swerve at one guy to make him think he's about to die and then take it. The next guy had already hit his gas to not let me in, I went anyway. He hit his brakes and honked his horn. I gave a few hand gestures and he backed off like 100 yards. ROFL That's the kind of shit I'm talking about, my blinker had been on. Here many people don't want to use blinkers because people will then know your intention and will puposely cut you off.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 12:05 PM
There are too many wackos in California not to pack heat while being a dick driver

Want to live forever? :) Better make sure you hit me cause I have a big ass truck and I will kill you with it if you don't take me out.

Fire Me Boy!
04-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Today was a great example. I am coming onto to freeway and trying to get over. Car after car speeds up to not let me in. I finally swerve at one guy to make him think he's about to die and then take it. The next guy had already hit his gas to not let me in, I went anyway. He hit his brakes and honked his horn. I gave a few hand gestures and he backed off like 100 yards. ROFL That's the kind of shit I'm talking about, my blinker had been on. Here many people don't want to use blinkers because people will then know your intention and will puposely cut you off.
That's not being a major dick, by my book.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 12:13 PM

Following a guy for 5 minutes with my horn on constantly is though. ROFL

I seriously thought that guy was going to lose it. If his blood pressure didn't go up a 100 points I would be shocked. ROFL ROFL ROFL

Maybe I'll get a louder horn next, that can't run too much. Actually I would like to have a megaphone but I'll bet that's illegal.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 12:15 PM

When I was in Florida and a hot headed kid on a motorcyle I kept a pocket full of steelies to throw back over my shoulder should someone almost take me out. I really was a dick back then. Ahh, good times.

Fire Me Boy!
04-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Following a guy for 5 minutes with my horn on constantly is though. ROFL

I seriously thought that guy was going to lose it. If his blood pressure didn't go up a 100 points I would be shocked. ROFL ROFL ROFL

Maybe I'll get a louder horn next, that can't run too much. Actually I would like to have a megaphone but I'll bet that's illegal.
I used to have an old, big-rig style airhorn on my old truck... that sum'bitch would wake the dead.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 12:45 PM
I used to have an old, big-rig style airhorn on my old truck... that sum'bitch would wake the dead.

Now your talking. I knew you would come around. :thumb:

RJ
04-20-2007, 12:45 PM
I think people who are rude in their cars and people who are rude on the internet are probably the same personality type. Both of them will say or do things in anonymity they'd probably never do in person, or at least I wouldn't think so.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 12:48 PM
I think people who are rude in their cars and people who are rude on the internet are probably the same personality type. Both of them will say or do things in anonymity they'd probably never do in person, or at least I wouldn't think so.

Weasles.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 12:55 PM
God I would love to have one of these.

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?item=NAK5

Kylo Ren
04-20-2007, 01:11 PM

Please, BTBD! Hopefully, someone will get tire of you and kick your ass!:p

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Please, BTBD! Hopefully, someone will get tire of you and kick your ass!:p

Your just upset because I posted your picture. ROFL

Kylo Ren
04-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Your just upset because I posted your picture. ROFL You misspelled Mercedes. :rolleyes:

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 01:31 PM
You misspelled Mercedes. :rolleyes:

I sure did.

KC Kings
04-20-2007, 01:44 PM
We have a lot of rude drivers here in KC as well, but mostly from the non-consequence areas of town. If you get cut off or if somebody is riding your tail there is a good chance that there will be a JO on the corner of their plate. A lot of other places where the crime rate is higher and shootings are an everyday occurance, the driving is a lot more respectful because they know that there could be serious consequences for their actions. When I am going south during rush hour I will take Prospect, and you don't get a lot of rude drivers because if you piss the wrong person off you could get shot.

I drive I-35 through downtown every day where you have 2 major North/South highways merging onto one bridge. Everybody knows when the lanes end, but they are dicks and wait until the last minute to get over so they don't have to wait in traffic. In those cases I won't make an effort to let them over because they knew well in advance that their lane was ending. Any other time I let people get over and if somebody cuts me off I try to ignore them. One wrong horn honk or one middle finger, and you could end up shot.

Wasn't it Zack a few year ago that said somebody cut him off, so he laid on the horn and flipped him off. It turned out being some crazy guy that slammed on his brakes in the middle of traffic, jumped out of his car and was ready to fight in the middle of the road.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Wasn't it Zack a few year ago that said somebody cut him off, so he laid on the horn and flipped him off. It turned out being some crazy guy that slammed on his brakes in the middle of traffic, jumped out of his car and was ready to fight in the middle of the road.

Zach needs that though.

jiveturkey
04-20-2007, 01:54 PM
I've never understood people who will hurt themselves just to teach someone else a lesson. That doesn't exactly seem like the case here but I see it all of the time on the road.

kepp
04-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Oh, that really burns me when someone does that. The other day I held the door open for a group of like 4 women leaving my office building. They actually, after seeing me holding the door, used a different door and said nothing. Now, I don't to those things *just* to get a "thank you", but that kind of blatantness ticks me off.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh, that really burns me when someone does that. The other day I held the door open for a group of like 4 women leaving my office building. They actually, after seeing me holding the door, used a different door and said nothing. Now, I don't to those things *just* to get a "thank you", but that kind of blatantness ticks me off.

It's the woman entitlement thing they got going on in this country. I'm a nice guy but I don't buy into that BS for a second and have no problem letting them know that.

Jenson71
04-20-2007, 05:20 PM
More reasons as to why Iowa is better than anywhere else. People are nice and care about others.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2007, 05:28 PM
This really depends on who you are as a person. I personally am the bigger dick. Reason being, if I'm not, when I think about it later I will regret it and kick myself in the ass for letting people take advantage of me. I'd rather not face that guilt and pass it on to someone else. It's kind of a ****ed up philosophy, but I'm kind of a ****ed up guy I guess.

stumppy
04-20-2007, 05:59 PM
One of my vehicles is a 1991 Dodge 3/4 ton van. The factory paint has peeled off here and there. the windshield is cracked and the windows are tinted real dark. And it has it's fair share of whiskey dings in it. If I need to get all the way across town in a hurry i drive it. The van just screams 'I don't care and I'm not insured'( of course it is). People pretty much stay out of my way.

go bo
06-21-2007, 11:03 AM
ok, i'll show my ignorance...

wtf is a btbd, anyway?

Direckshun
06-21-2007, 11:51 AM
I believe the best course to take in life is not not be a dick.

When you get online, that tends to change, but in real life I refrain from being a dick.

Buehler445
06-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Is it Hillsboro KS? If it is Hillsboro KS, the town is probably small enough to know who is really an a-hole in real life, so abusing them with a larger vehicle isn't bad. If you were in a large congested area, though, you would deserve death.

Normally I would NEVER condone being a dick on the road, but it sounds like you are justified there.

go bo
06-21-2007, 11:59 AM

When you get online, that tends to change, but in real life I refrain from being a dick.is that what SHE says?

eazyb81
06-21-2007, 12:02 PM

I was thinking the same thing - you never know who you're dealing with out on the road or what kind of day they've had.

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Bd hasn't posted here for awhile. He must really be pissed off. He def brought some attitude to this place.

bogie
06-21-2007, 12:08 PM
ok, i'll show my ignorance...

wtf is a btbd, anyway?

Be the bigger dick? Bite this Big Daddy?

luv
06-21-2007, 12:08 PM

When you get online, that tends to change, but in real life I refrain from being a dick.
It's pretty hard to get your ass kicked over the internet, huh? :p

eazyb81
06-21-2007, 12:11 PM

A few weeks ago I was on 71 heading south to Belton, and I went to switch lanes and this truck completely cut me off, going partially in the shoulder to get around me. I was pissed, got right behind him and honked at him. All of a sudden, the crazy fugger leans half his body out of the drivers side window and stares back at me, pointing to the side of the road like he wanted to fight or something (this is all while we are still going 80+ on the highway). I immediately realized this guy was a nut and I didn't want any part of him since my fiancee was in the car, so I laid back a bit until he took an exit into a run-down part of town.

bogie
06-21-2007, 12:17 PM
A few weeks ago I was on 71 heading south to Belton, and I went to switch lanes and this truck completely cut me off, going partially in the shoulder to get around me. I was pissed, got right behind him and honked at him. All of a sudden, the crazy fugger leans half his body out of the drivers side window and stares back at me, pointing to the side of the road like he wanted to fight or something (this is all while we are still going 80+ on the highway). I immediately realized this guy was a nut and I didn't want any part of him since my fiancee was in the car, so I laid back a bit until he took an exit into a run-down part of town.

pussy!

j/k. Smart move. But BD will be along shortly to put you in your place.

eazyb81
06-21-2007, 12:27 PM
pussy!

j/k. Smart move. But BD will be along shortly to put you in your place.
:)

Ha, yeah I know, but it was this big black guy with a crazy look in his eye like he had been up all night doing crack. He was driving all over the place and I didn't feel like getting shot or beat down in front of my girl.

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 12:30 PM
I could see big daddy getting out of the car to fight someone and bringing his pit bulls to enjoy the beatdown.

58-4ever
06-21-2007, 12:32 PM
I could see big daddy getting out of the car to fight someone and bringing his pit bulls to enjoy the beatdown.

and eat the remains. ROFL

teedubya
06-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Big Daddy is a d00sh.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Big Daddy is a d00sh.

He's pretty much a caricature of every overcompensating bully you could ever hope to encounter.

Pitt Gorilla
06-21-2007, 01:10 PM

:clap: Yup, those are the worst people. Wait your turn.

teedubya
06-21-2007, 01:15 PM
'Hamas' Jenkins is a d00sh.

bogie
06-21-2007, 01:56 PM
He's pretty much a caricature of every overcompensating bully you could ever hope to encounter.

I agree with this, but put "lovable" in front of caricature. I say this because he's going to try to make me cry.

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 02:02 PM
drivers are getting worse. I drive like a grandma since I work in insurance. Yesterday I was at a stop light right turn blinker on and a person squeezed between curb and the right side of my car to turn right. Now this is after I had my car inspected yesterday morning. I am generally not a big fan of creating a new lane so you can turn right faster.

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 02:06 PM
people get injured in stupid ways in accidents. putting a cd in the player and get rear ended. broken neck.

Adept Havelock
06-21-2007, 03:06 PM

:clap:

Pretty much my take as well.

I've gotten one nice payoff from someone who decided to "come on over" anyway. Don't try to force a merge in your shiny new Caddy when I'm driving a POS. :)

Direckshun
06-21-2007, 03:39 PM
It's pretty hard to get your ass kicked over the internet, huh? :p
Basically.