PDA

View Full Version : Hot Fuzz

the Talking Can
04-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Same guys from Shaun of the Dead

starts off real slow....but gets better every minute from about the half way point on...last 20 minutes are fantastic...a complete disection of buddy cop action movies tropes while also being a full on ass kicking gun fest...it is hard to make a movie that is actully fun as opposed to just being big, loud, and expensive...I was in a shitty mood going in and great mood coming out, rare that...

Fishpicker
04-21-2007, 04:53 PM
I agree. I didnt think Hot Fuzz would be nearly as good as SotD but I was surprised. Hot fuzz is a comedy good enough to see in theaters.

Thig Lyfe
04-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Going to see it tonight. I absolutely loved Shaun of the Dead so I'm thinking I'm going to like this.

Thig Lyfe
04-21-2007, 09:08 PM
HOLY CRAP.

Just saw this, and it was truly a kick-awesome film of the highest order. Shaun of the Dead was incredible, but this was probably just as (if not, at the risk of being blasphemous, a bit more) awesome.

I would see it again in theatres.

Hammock Parties
04-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Awesome. I loved shaun of the dead. I need to get see this movie tomorrow, no matter what. Seems really fuggin kick ass!!! As for other movies, DO NOT go see pathfinder!!! It had potential to kick ass, but it was one of the most horrible movies i had ever seen in my entire life. Don't even waste the money on that film.

L.A. Chieffan
04-22-2007, 12:26 AM
Shaun of the dead sucked. Hate to say it. Started off pretty good, but then when they got to the bar it dragged like hell and became depressing. DEPRESSING?! IN A HORROR/ZOMBIE/COMEDY FLICK?! Sheeeeeeeet give me Army of Darkness anyday over that that.

All that being said, I am lookiing forward to seeing this. :D

KcMizzou
04-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Shaun of the dead sucked. Hate to say it. Started off pretty good, but then when they got to the bar it dragged like hell and became depressing. DEPRESSING?! IN A HORROR/ZOMBIE/COMEDY FLICK?! Sheeeeeeeet give me Army of Darkness anyday over that that.

All that being said, I am lookiing forward to seeing this. :DYou're so wrong about Shaun of the Dead... yet you love Army of Darkness. I'm torn...

noa
04-23-2007, 02:07 PM
By the power of Greyskull this was an awesome movie!

It really should be seen in the theaters to get the full effect of mocking big time action movies with all the loud sounds and overbearing soundtracks.

I thought the humor was great throughout the movie because it was so varied. Some of the jokes were really subtle, and well some (especially one death in particular), not so much.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to have a laugh at Michael Bay/Jerry Bruckheimer type action flicks and to anyone who enjoyed Shaun of the Dead.

Hammock Parties
07-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Hag.

Demonpenz
07-05-2007, 10:34 PM
i didn't really like either movie. I hope liceance to wed doesn't disappont!

Thig Lyfe
07-05-2007, 10:52 PM
I would see it again in theatres.

And I did! Even better the second time!

08-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Better?