PDA

View Full Version : Teicher claims LJ has been dangled

CupidStunt
04-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Chiefs | L. Johnson on trading block?
Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:54:43 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have offered RB Larry Johnson to teams in order to acquire more draft picks.

I don't buy it.

The Bad Guy
04-22-2007, 02:06 PM
I don't either.

There's zero point to doing this. Maybe next year if they run him into the ground again, but trading him makes zero sense.

Teicher is one of the worst beat writers in the NFL.

tk13
04-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Well, usually the beef against Teicher is that he's lazy about things... I don't recall too many times where he's oversensationalized and made stuff up. I would think if he's actually going out on a limb for once somebody is telling him this...

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Well, usually the beef against Teicher is that he's lazy about things... I don't recall too many times where he's oversensationalized and made stuff up. I would think if he's actually going out on a limb for once somebody is telling him this...

I agree. I don't think it makes sense to just make this up. If we trade Larry for draft picks I'll slit my wrists.

BWillie
04-22-2007, 02:23 PM
I am estastic for trading Larry for some high picks, and maybe another acquisition. Time has shown, running back is the most replaceable position. Plus LJ is a piece of $hit. Might as well trade him now at max value then run him into the ground another year, and having to extend a multi year contract that ties up a ton of money.

blueballs
04-22-2007, 02:25 PM
I for one do not think
LJ is a piece of $hit

BigMeatballDave
04-22-2007, 02:40 PM
I agree. I don't think it makes sense to just make this up. If we trade Larry for draft picks I'll slit my wrists.I'd trade him to Detriot for their 1st and 3rd. In a second!

recxjake
04-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Chiefs | Wesley may be traded
Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:56:06 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have offered S Greg Wesley to teams in order to acquire more draft picks.

Eric
04-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Why can't we trade LJ if someone offers something good?

BigMeatballDave
04-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Then again, if Carl got a few 1st day picks, he'd somehow f**k it all up!

BigMeatballDave
04-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Send Trent and LJ to Miami for their 1&2.

FAX
04-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Chiefs | Herm Edward's Nut To Be Traded

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have offered Herm Edward's left lateral testicle to teams in order to acquire more draft picks.

FAX

MIAdragon
04-22-2007, 02:53 PM
I'd trade him to Detriot for their 1st and 3rd. In a second!

then who would run the ball?

BigMeatballDave
04-22-2007, 02:58 PM
then who would run the ball?Well, extra draft picks would allow them to draft another. We are starting a young QB this season, may as well start a young RB.

BigMeatballDave
04-22-2007, 02:59 PM

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have offered Herm Edward's left lateral testicle to teams in order to acquire more draft picks.

FAXI knew Herm would give his left nut for Okoye.

blueballs
04-22-2007, 03:00 PM

FAX

that is very odd
considering Herm has never been shy
about knocking one threw the up rights

bigbucks24
04-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Send Trent and LJ to Miami for their 1&2.
Larry Johnson, Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams all on the same team?

Valiant
04-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Why can't we trade LJ if someone offers something good?

I keep saying Brandon Jacobs and thier 1st for LJ....

That would give us the 20th and 23rd... Either us move up or draft two quality players...

Well thats the way it would happen if I were Madden...

chief52
04-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Well, extra draft picks would allow them to draft another. We are starting a young QB this season, may as well start a young RB.

Huard is going to be 34 this season...

Buehler445
04-22-2007, 03:08 PM
No matter what anybody on here thinks of him, I think there is no chance Peterson will let him go. LJ is Peterson's draft gem, Kind of like Gonzales. Until he begins to demand to be traded, Peterson won't ever let him go. I'd guess he put a rediculously high price tag on him that no team will ever accept. Just in case somebody like Houston is feeling frisky.

bringbackmarty
04-22-2007, 03:13 PM
I think it is entirely possible that we trade lj. It also makes good football sense. Locker room cancer talk aside we do know he is not the most mature player in the league. My knocks on L>J>
1. Losing his playbook, unforgivable.
2. His penchant for whiffing blocks in big games.
3. The fact that he has no concept of how to pace himself during a close game. He should be coming out on third down and 4 or more anyways cause he can't block or catch, so he really has no excuse for this tired shit.
4. He thinks he has the right to criticize the coaches in the media, no player with any respect for his team does this.
5. we know he doesn't want to be here, which diminishes his value to us.

Any trade that nets us a first round pick, and a decent young RB\DL stud should be considered.

BigMeatballDave
04-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Huard is going to be 34 this season...Croyle will be the stater...

stevieray
04-22-2007, 03:20 PM
wouldn't that be dingled?

Valiant
04-22-2007, 03:24 PM
I think it is entirely possible that we trade lj. It also makes good football sense. Locker room cancer talk aside we do know he is not the most mature player in the league. My knocks on L>J>
1. Losing his playbook, unforgivable.
2. His penchant for whiffing blocks in big games.
3. The fact that he has no concept of how to pace himself during a close game. He should be coming out on third down and 4 or more anyways cause he can't block or catch, so he really has no excuse for this tired shit.
4. He thinks he has the right to criticize the coaches in the media, no player with any respect for his team does this.
5. we know he doesn't want to be here, which diminishes his value to us.

Any trade that nets us a first round pick, and a decent young RB\DL stud should be considered.

LJ for Brandon Jacobs and thier 1st...

LJ just moved to NY this past summer..
NY wants a bruising back, for some reason they dont think Jacobs is one...
LJ will be 28 this year, Jacobs is 24..

Personally I think Jacobs is going to be a stud...

If, and thats a big IF we trade LJ this is what I would want...

Chief Roundup
04-22-2007, 03:48 PM
mixed feelings about this. But Cleveland would probably be where LJ would prefer to go. I know he bought a house in NY but he has mentioned on several occasions about how he is caught up in everything Jim Brown. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Hammock Parties
04-22-2007, 03:48 PM
He's ours and no one else can have him. Ever.

Chief Roundup
04-22-2007, 03:50 PM

If, and thats a big IF we trade LJ this is what I would want...
I like Brandon Jacobs as well so I guess that would take some of the sting out of losing one of the best backs in the league.

SLAG
04-22-2007, 03:52 PM
I hope someone bites

Son of Logical
04-22-2007, 04:00 PM
I like Brandon Jacobs as well so I guess that would take some of the sting out of losing one of the best backs in the league.

NOooooooo....., I used to be one of these guys that thought yeah power backs rule. Lets get a powerback, then I saw what a guy with true speed can give you. Give me a quick shifty back, or flat out burner anyday of the week. Power backs are bad.... I would rather start Bennet then get someone like Jacobs.

Brock
04-22-2007, 04:01 PM
NOooooooo....., I used to be one of these guys that thought yeah power backs rule. Lets get a powerback, then I saw what a guy with true speed can give you. Give me a quick shifty back, or flat out burner anyday of the week. Power backs are bad.... I would rather start Bennet then get someone like Jacobs.

Bennett can't stay healthy for 6 weeks.

Otter
04-22-2007, 04:08 PM
I for one do not think
LJ is a piece of $hit

Why is LJ
a piece of shit?

I wouldn't want to be in shoes right now. The guy is a top quality running back on a team that is hopefully. maybe, finally rebuilding. But who knows, maybe the last 30 years were a fluke.

ChiefsCountry
04-22-2007, 04:11 PM
20 and 23 picks with Brandon Jacobs would be pretty good IMO.

siberian khatru
04-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Bennett can't stay healthy for 6 weeks.

Bennett can't stay healthy for 6 plays.

Son of Logical
04-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Bennett can't stay healthy for 6 plays.

I completely agree, and still would rather have him as our starter then Jacobs. Just say no to power backs.

Valiant
04-22-2007, 04:28 PM
I completely agree, and still would rather have him as our starter then Jacobs. Just say no to power backs.

Jacobs is not just a powerback, he has some jets on him also... He is also a better pass catcher then people know, but IF he came here I doubt it would get thrown to him either...

People are going to find out how great he is this year if NewYork gives him the chance...

Son of Logical
04-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Jacobs is not just a powerback, he has some jets on him also... He is also a better pass catcher then people know, but IF he came here I doubt it would get thrown to him either...

People are going to find out how great he is this year if NewYork gives him the chance...

Well, it is possible that he more then a power back, but that is all I have ever seen from him. So if he starts breaking long runs like LJ does, then my opinion might change.

BigRock
04-22-2007, 05:12 PM
So where's this "they're offering LJ" story from Teicher at? Where is KFFL getting this from?

tmax63
04-22-2007, 05:22 PM
The Chiefs are probably dangling CP and HE's mommas for draft picks too. But as we've learned from the Trent saga what the Chiefs want and the other teams are willing to give are miles apart. Keep LJ, run him into the ground, then sign him to a new contract next year fairly cheap because there aren't many teams that want a RB in FA thats had a 1000 carries in the last 3 years.

Braincase
04-22-2007, 05:24 PM
I have zero problem trading LJ for a combination of picks, especially if a team is willing to pony up a first and another first day pick. Heck, see if we can get a 3rd and a sixth for Wesley, too.

58-4ever
04-22-2007, 05:27 PM

Jacobs may not be as fast as LJ, but he is just as fast as most starting backs in the league. And he is pretty shifty for a big back. Of course, this is all speculative nonsense though.

tomahawk kid
04-22-2007, 05:27 PM
The Chiefs are laughing at this rumor behind closed doors.

Teicher is a clown.

58-4ever
04-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Well, it is possible that he more then a power back, but that is all I have ever seen from him. So if he starts breaking long runs like LJ does, then my opinion might change.

He broke more than one long one last year.

the Talking Can
04-22-2007, 05:32 PM
so, first we give away Trent for a 6th

then we give away a top 2-3 RB for a back-up RB and a low round first?

then do we sell the Franchise to Denny's?

blueballs
04-22-2007, 05:38 PM
This thread needs some comedy relief

Finheaven

Kansas City Chiefs shopping Larry Johnson

Hysterikill:

"Okay, so they force two HOF caliber linemen into retirement, cut another, trade their QB, trade their RB, trade the most prolific return man in their history, trade their starting safety, sign a bunch of veterans who will be out of the game in a few years...

Safe to say the Chiefs are WTF!?!?!'ing it up?"

BigMeatballDave
04-22-2007, 05:43 PM

Finheaven

Hysterikill:

"Okay, so they force two HOF caliber linemen into retirement, cut another, trade their QB, trade their RB, trade the most prolific return man in their history, trade their starting safety, sign a bunch of veterans who will be out of the game in a few years...

__________________What a dipshit. ROFL

blueballs
04-22-2007, 05:47 PM
if Black goes into Canton
people will come out of
their graves to riot

FAX
04-22-2007, 05:57 PM

ROFL

FAX

FAX
04-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Chiefs | Carl Peterson To Kill First Born

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs General Manager, Carl Peterson will kill the first born sons of Egypt unless the franchise acquires more draft picks.

FAX

the Talking Can
04-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Chiefs | Carl Peterson To Kill First Born

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs General Manager, Carl Peterson will kill the first born sons of Egypt unless the franchise acquires more draft picks.

FAX

well played

Logical
04-22-2007, 07:37 PM

If, and thats a big IF we trade LJ this is what I would want...I would make that trade in a heartbeat. But I doubt LJ is worth that much.

Logical
04-22-2007, 07:39 PM

Finheaven

Hysterikill:

__________________ROFL

Funniest post you have ever made. Sort of sadly true inadvertently.

Fairplay
04-22-2007, 07:43 PM
I have a feeling this draft will be the most interesting in Chiefs history.

noa
04-22-2007, 07:48 PM
I just don't believe that any team would give us enough for LJ to make it worth it for the Chiefs.

FAX
04-22-2007, 07:52 PM
I just don't believe that any team would give us enough for LJ to make it worth it for the Chiefs.

ROFL

And, he's about all we've got. Pass the Nyquil.

FAX

Mecca
04-22-2007, 09:12 PM

That's basically what a RB's trade value is, no one is going to give you a top 10 pick for a RB.

Rausch
04-22-2007, 09:14 PM
He's ours and no one else can have him. Ever.

Agreed. Completely.

He's exactly the HB I've wanted for 10 ****ing years.

Rausch
04-22-2007, 09:15 PM
That's basically what a RB's trade value is, no one is going to give you a top 10 pick for a RB.

So if you can't get value why move the ****ing guy?...

Deberg_1990
04-22-2007, 09:16 PM

The Seahawks had a similiar dilemma a few years ago with Shaun Alexander. Once they realized that no one was going to give up fair value for him, they resigned him. Same thing will happen with LJ.

Cant we just appreaciate what we have in LJ??? The guy is a hell of a talent.

Rausch
04-22-2007, 09:16 PM
I have a feeling this draft will finally make Rausch listen to the advice of the talking dog next door.

FYP...

stlchiefs
04-22-2007, 09:32 PM
I don't like this thread title, the word "dangled" reminds me of balls. And Lt. Dangle, but that is gross and pretty much reminds you of the same thing.

the Talking Can
04-22-2007, 09:37 PM

what Rausch said

kcxiv
04-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Chiefs | L. Johnson on trading block?

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have offered RB Larry Johnson to teams in order to acquire more draft picks.

I don't buy it.
Fake leak out there so people dont know what they are going to do.

Valiant
04-22-2007, 09:41 PM
The Seahawks had a similiar dilemma a few years ago with Shaun Alexander. Once they realized that no one was going to give up fair value for him, they resigned him. Same thing will happen with LJ.

Cant we just appreaciate what we have in LJ??? The guy is a hell of a talent.

We are just talking IF's in this thread, but teams just have to get lucky that a team is dumb enough to cough up a pick or player and a pick... Ala Champ for Portis

Mecca
04-22-2007, 09:55 PM
So if you can't get value why move the ****ing guy?...

That's fine with me, I was just saying what his realistic trade value is.

Logical
04-23-2007, 12:07 AM
Agreed. Completely.

He's exactly the HB I've wanted for 10 ****ing years.

Priest was that until injured. I would take a healthy Priest over LJ any day.

FAX
04-23-2007, 12:11 AM

Truthical.

Nacho, Nacho Man was one of the Greatest Runners Of All Times!!

He had versatility, speed to the outside, ability to run up the middle with sufficient power to gain hard yards when he needed them, set up his blockers like a magician, he could throw the ball when he had too, and made one hell of a macaroon.

Now, there was a running back for the ages.

FAX

Rausch
04-23-2007, 12:13 AM

He was definitely the complete back.

And he definitely deserved more than the low-fanfare retirement he'll get.

Hammock Parties
04-23-2007, 12:23 AM
I would take a healthy Priest over LJ any day.

Priest was a product of his offensive line.

kcxiv
04-23-2007, 12:25 AM
He was a smart runner though. He had great anticipation. It was a combination of both.

FAX
04-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Puh-leeze, Mr. GoChiefs.

Priest Holmes was the product of years of meditation under the guidance of enlightened, far-Eastern mystics and the esoteric, supernatural power of the Muse Of Kick Your Ass.

FAX

Valiant
04-23-2007, 12:27 AM

Every RB is a product of thier line...

Demonpenz
04-23-2007, 12:30 AM

barry sanders and tomlinson had some shitty lines. Also priest ran for 1000 yards and won a superbowl behind ravens line.

FAX
04-23-2007, 12:33 AM
Truthical.

Nacho, Nacho Man was one of the Greatest Runners Of All Times!!

He had versatility, speed to the outside, ability to run up the middle with sufficient power to gain hard yards when he needed them, set up his blockers like a magician, he could throw the ball when he had too, and made one hell of a macaroon.

Now, there was a running back for the ages.

FAX

This is a banner day.

I just got the second neg rep of my Planet career (the first was long ago from Ms. Taco John in response to a limerick about his unfortunate penis size) for this post.

Anyone want to guess why?

FAX

Valiant
04-23-2007, 12:43 AM
barry sanders and tomlinson had some shitty lines. Also priest ran for 1000 yards and won a superbowl behind ravens line.

Barry's oline manage to block well enough for him to get 2000+, well enough to make scott mitchell and BAtch look like great QB... Hell I believe they even had some probowl OL on there also but teams seem to forget that..

And LT, are you kidding me he is a stud but his Line makes sure he does not get touched at the line when he is going thru there... Their line is as good as ours has been...

Demonpenz
04-23-2007, 12:47 AM
yeah watch them just open up holes for sanders

Demonpenz
04-23-2007, 12:47 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6YQznRq0sM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6YQznRq0sM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Valiant
04-23-2007, 01:01 AM
yeah watch them just open up holes for sanders

Wow your awesome, one or even 100 plays out of 2000+ carries proves you right, keep believing...

Guess what they were so horrible that they had multiple probowlers with multiple probowls for such a shitty line...

bdeg
04-23-2007, 01:24 AM
This is a banner day.

I just got the second neg rep of my Planet career (the first was long ago from Ms. Taco John in response to a limerick about his unfortunate penis size) for this post.

Anyone want to guess why?

FAX
Fill us in FAX. Can't help but wonder if this has something to do with your goodbye thread posted 20 minutes later.

Demonpenz
04-23-2007, 01:57 AM
uh it was actually me horsing around. I neg repped him for calling priest nacho boy because I thought it would be funny when someone looks at their rep and sees. "Please refrain from calling priest anything other than priest" I hope it's not my fault fax is funny as hell

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 07:33 AM

I read this and I have to admit, I thought to myself "when was the last time LJ had a LONG run?"

I honestly can't remember him breaking one any time recently.

OnTheWarpath15
04-23-2007, 07:37 AM
I read this and I have to admit, I thought to myself "when was the last time LJ had a LONG run?"

I honestly can't remember him breaking one any time recently.

That's because other than the 99 yarder he broke in the PS game against Seattle, his career long is 49.

Mecca
04-23-2007, 07:38 AM
His longest play last year was the reception when he got his head about ripped off I believe......

OnTheWarpath15
04-23-2007, 07:40 AM
His longest play last year was the reception when he got his head about ripped off I believe......

Yep. 78 yards.

His longest career reception before that was something like 38 yards...

EDIT: Assuming you meant the game in Arizona. He seemed to get face-masked/tackled high around the neck a lot last year.....

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 07:49 AM
That's because other than the 99 yarder he broke in the PS game against Seattle, his career long is 49.

That's what I thought.

Hammock Parties
04-23-2007, 08:10 AM
LJ had runs of 45, 47, 40 and 38 last year.

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 08:12 AM
LJ had runs of 45, 47, 40 and 38 last year.

Very Priest Holmes-like.

Brock
04-23-2007, 08:12 AM

When does Donnell Bennett get inducted into the HOF?

4th and Long
04-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Very Priest Holmes-like.
Here we go again. ROFL

Hammock Parties
04-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Very Priest Holmes-like.

Priest had two runs over 40 yards in his entire Chiefs career.

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 08:22 AM
No, I'm not trying to start shit here. :)

I'm just saying that the indictment against Priest Homes (even from ME) was that he wasn't a breakaway threat.

Since assuming the full-time starting role, LJ really hasn't been a breakaway threat either.

chagrin
04-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Didn't he run for 75 against St Louis on one play?

StcChief
04-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Didn't he run for 75 against St Louis on one play?
Yeah but it was the Lambs.....:)

LJ isn't really a breakaway type , but a bull running over people.

Mr. Laz
04-23-2007, 10:09 AM
good ..... i would hope the Chiefs would test the market value of their players on a regular basis.

never know when you might run across some time that would pay a premium for one of your guys and you can make a great deal.

CupidStunt
04-23-2007, 10:56 AM
LJ is the breakaway type... in the right scenario.

Fourth or fifth play of the 2005 season. Had that 35-yard TD run play started at the 1, he still would've taken it all the way.

Logical
04-23-2007, 10:57 AM

Yes his offensive line caught all those passes for him and they taught him how to block. To bad that offensive line is not around to teach LJ to have good hands or how to block on passing downs.

Mile High Mania
04-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Funny ... GC thinks Priest is over rated... nice.

58-4ever
04-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Funny ... GC thinks Priest is over rated... nice.

Always consider your source.

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Yes his offensive line caught all those passes for him and they taught him how to block. To bad that offensive line is not around to teach LJ to have good hands or how to block on passing downs.

LJ has GREAT hands.

It's hard to catch screen passes that bounce off your feet...

Logical
04-23-2007, 11:07 AM
LJ has GREAT hands.

When he catches 40+ passes in a season then I will believe you.

Brock
04-23-2007, 11:11 AM

Uh, LOL.

FringeNC
04-23-2007, 11:12 AM
LJ has GREAT hands.

Doesn't matter if you're head is not turned around, or you are Randy Mossing your patterns if you aren't the primary receiver.

I don't know if LJ has great hands or not. My guess would be adequate. But as an overall package, he is a huge liability in the passing game.

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 11:22 AM

ROFL

He caught 41 last year.

He EXCELLED at catching the ball at Penn State. I know because I watched him.

He's not used the same way Priest was in the passing game...comparing the two is ridiculous.

You wanna compare blocking? Fine. LJ doesn't have good technique and he doesn't give maximum effort.

But there's NOTHING wrong with his pass-receiving skills. Nothing.

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Doesn't matter if you're head is not turned around, or you are Randy Mossing your patterns if you aren't the primary receiver.

I don't know if LJ has great hands or not. My guess would be adequate. But as an overall package, he is a huge liability in the passing game.

His head is ALWAYS turned around, and he doesn't "Randy Moss" his patterns, that's ludicrous.

Johnson had the same issues that Kris Wilson and others had - our QB's, particularly Green at the end of the season, couldn't deliver a decent pass in the flats.

Logical
04-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Uh, LOL.Yes, I blew that one. turns out he caught 41 last season.

Logical
04-23-2007, 11:25 AM
ROFL

He caught 41 last year.

He EXCELLED at catching the ball at Penn State. I know because I watched him.

He's not used the same way Priest was in the passing game...comparing the two is ridiculous.

You wanna compare blocking? Fine. LJ doesn't have good technique and he doesn't give maximum effort.

But there's NOTHING wrong with his pass-receiving skills. Nothing.I already admitted to Brock that I blew it.

FringeNC
04-23-2007, 11:26 AM
His head is ALWAYS turned around, and he doesn't "Randy Moss" his patterns, that's ludicrous.

Johnson had the same issues that Kris Wilson and others had - our QB's, particularly Green at the end of the season, couldn't deliver a decent pass in the flats.

I remember a dropped touchdown pass that LJ had against SD. San diego was just sending the house up the middle...LJ was free...a strike hit him in the back with no one in front of him...

LJ's effectiveness in the passing game is silly to argue. He comes out on 3rd down and obvious passing situations. Isn't that sufficient evidence of his overall abilities in the passing game?

TRR
04-23-2007, 11:34 AM
LJ needs some work in the passing game. Green and Huard may have not been that accurate, but I remember at ton of catchable balls that LJ dropped last season, or hit him in the back/shoulder pads. It got to the point last season where he would drive me nuts coming out of the backfield trying to catch a pass.

If KC were to trade LJ, I would want at least a top 10 pick in this seasons draft, and a whole lot more. LJ is just getting into the prime of his career. He definitely isn't the best off the field, but he is on.

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 11:34 AM
I remember a dropped touchdown pass that LJ had against SD. San diego was just sending the house up the middle...LJ was free...a strike hit him in the back with no one in front of him...

LJ's effectiveness in the passing game is silly to argue. He comes out on 3rd down and obvious passing situations. Isn't that sufficient evidence of his overall abilities in the passing game?

So blame it on LJ? I'm sure it had nothing to do with the oncoming pass rush and the QB throwing the ball early. It's called a ROUTE.

And the reason he comes out is because he can't block.

I don't understand why people feel the need to make shit up, whether it's LJ or Carl Peterson or whoever. LJ has OBVIOUS flaws, but by all means, lets invent a new one because those just aren't juicy enough.

Logical
04-23-2007, 11:40 AM
LJ needs some work in the passing game. Green and Huard may have not been that accurate, but I remember at ton of catchable balls that LJ dropped last season, or hit him in the back/shoulder pads. It got to the point last season where he would drive me nuts coming out of the backfield trying to catch a pass.

If KC were to trade LJ, I would want at least a top 10 pick in this seasons draft, and a whole lot more. LJ is just getting into the prime of his career. He definitely isn't the best off the field, but he is on.You really don't believe he is better than LT?