PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Interested In Brady Quinn?

Hammock Parties
04-23-2007, 05:55 AM
http://chiefs.scout.com/2/637884.html

chagrin
04-23-2007, 06:00 AM
I know I tend to be negative about these articles, but this is pure reach, speculation. That guy isn't going to be anywhere near #23.

rageeumr
04-23-2007, 06:56 AM
If I write an article about the Chiefs' interest in Calvin Johnson, you think I can get it published?

Hammock Parties
04-23-2007, 06:58 AM
If I write an article about the Chiefs' interest in Calvin Johnson, you think I can get it published?

I bet you can if you talk to the Chiefs VP of player personnel and head coach and attempt to gauge their interest first.

Mile High Mania
04-23-2007, 07:06 AM
GC... you have some of Nick's man sauce on your chin... grab a napkin.

Saulbadguy
04-23-2007, 07:07 AM
The Chiefs are interested in all of the Top 10 picks. Too bad they won't draft there.

Simply Red
04-23-2007, 07:12 AM
This guy is the next Ryan Leaf anyway. I hope we don't happen to "reach to get him."

OnTheWarpath15
04-23-2007, 07:16 AM
This guy is the next Ryan Leaf anyway. I hope we don't happen to "reach to get him."

That statement is as retarded as Nick saying he could drop to 23.

Arrowhead Pride
04-23-2007, 07:19 AM
This has to be a filler article. Yes, of course the Chiefs would draft Brady Quinn if he was there. They would do the same with every other top pick. I actually feel dumber for reading that article.

Mile High Mania
04-23-2007, 07:20 AM
This is really one of those articles that screams "I'm bored and there's nothing fun to write about right now". That will change very soon though.

OnTheWarpath15
04-23-2007, 07:24 AM
No, Nick actually thinks there's a possibility he's there ay 23. He was on the radio Saturday afternoon and wouldn't shut up about it.

Simply Red
04-23-2007, 07:24 AM
That statement is as retarded as Nick saying he could drop to 23.
Okay, We'll wait and see what his NFL production looks like.

OnTheWarpath15
04-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Okay, We'll wait and see what his NFL production looks like.

I'll be here.

I have to ask, are you one of those people who think Jamarcus Russell is gonna be a superstar just because he can throw the ball 50 yards sitting down?

Simply Red
04-23-2007, 07:28 AM
I'll be here.

I have to ask, are you one of those people who think Jamarcus Russell is gonna be a superstar just because he can throw the ball 50 yards sitting down?
No of course not. And I've been wrong before. I just am skeptical about his production at the next level.

OnTheWarpath15
04-23-2007, 07:31 AM
No of course not. And I've been wrong before. I just am skeptical about his production at the next level.

That's cool....I was just asking. Seems like a lot of folks around here like either one or the other, not both.

Just thought I'd see where you fit in......

Simply Red
04-23-2007, 07:35 AM
That's cool....I was just asking. Seems like a lot of folks around here like either one or the other, not both.

Just thought I'd see where you fit in......

Hell he may come out of the gates firing and perform well. I'd be surprised. Doesn't mean it couldn't/won't happen though.

Anyway, no worries OTW58...

boogblaster
04-23-2007, 07:36 AM
A look into the future...Quinn takes Chiefs to the Super Bowl...someone pinch me .....

rageeumr
04-23-2007, 07:37 AM
I bet you can if you talk to the Chiefs VP of player personnel and head coach and attempt to gauge their interest first.

I'm pretty sure I can guess what he'd say. As a matter of fact, I bet I can guess Herm's reaction. And guess what, they are strikingly similar to their answers about Quinn.

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 07:46 AM
We can only hope Quinn goes well before we pick. Don't want him anywhere near the Chiefs.

siberian khatru
04-23-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm interested in having sex with Rebecca Romijn.

crazycoffey
04-23-2007, 08:51 AM
A look into the future...Quinn takes Chiefs to the Super Bowl...someone pinch me .....

I got a better idea....
can someone slap you?

:p

crazycoffey
04-23-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm interested in having sex with Rebecca Romijn.

mmmmm, and jessica alba......
at the same time.

BigRock
04-23-2007, 09:18 AM
At least he didn't say Quinn would fall to the 4th so that we could take him with our non-existent pick that round, like he said regarding Dwayne Bowe about a week ago.

BigMeatballDave
04-23-2007, 09:25 AM
We can only hope Quinn goes well before we pick. Don't want him anywhere near the Chiefs.What he said...

Mile High Mania
04-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Teams picking prior than #23 that could use a Quinn...

DET / CLE / MIN / MIA / BUF / GB / JAX (possibly)

I just don't see Quinn falling past all 7 of those teams. Would GB really go for him... dunno, but they would have a serious consideration.

Teams that have no need to him (IMO) prior to #23:

TB / AZ / WAS / ATL / HOU / SF / STL / CAR / PIT / CIN / TEN / NYG / DEN / DAL

There are 14 teams that really have no need for a R1 QB...

NIU32
04-23-2007, 10:15 AM
i would be estatic if the chiefs got Quinn! hes a prototypical franchise QB whos been working in a pro-system under Weis at ND. i think its ridiculous that some of you guys dont want him. if a #1 pick somehow falls to us we take him. We got lucky when DJ fell to us and i hope it happens again with Quinn. The man can make every throw there is...watch this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LJgmeEH1lrE

Mr. Laz
04-23-2007, 10:16 AM
I know I tend to be negative about these articles, but this is pure reach, speculation. That guy isn't going to be anywhere near #23.

what happens if they do trade LJ and end up much higher than #23?

btw .... why doesn't the 1st thread responder copy and past in these kinds of threads?

Mile High Mania
04-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Quinn would need WRs though...

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 10:19 AM
i would be estatic if the chiefs got Quinn! hes a prototypical franchise QB whos been working in a pro-system under Weis at ND. i think its ridiculous that some of you guys dont want him. if a #1 pick somehow falls to us we take him. We got lucky when DJ fell to us and i hope it happens again with Quinn. The man can make every throw there is...watch this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LJgmeEH1lrE

I don't want him because I don't think he has "it".

He has all the physical tools, but when it came time to put the team on his back and WIN, he couldn't do it.

NIU32
04-23-2007, 10:28 AM

He has all the physical tools, but when it came time to put the team on his back and WIN, he couldn't do it.

did you think Tom Brady had "it" coming into the NFL? Because Im pretty sure no one did... Im not sure Croyle is going to be the man with his history of injuries, but everyone else in our division has a young high draft pick QB to lead their franchises for the next decade and we need our own. I want Quinn

Simply Red
04-23-2007, 10:28 AM

That is exactly how I feel.

58-4ever
04-23-2007, 10:32 AM
did you think Tom Brady had "it" coming into the NFL? Because Im pretty sure no one did... Im not sure Croyle is going to be the man with his history of injuries, but everyone else in our division has a young high draft pick QB to lead their franchises for the next decade and we need our own. I want Quinn

I agree, even though it's a pretty far fetched idea.

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 10:34 AM

Yes, I did think Tom Brady had "it". He won several big games in his two years as a starter at Michigan and there were times when you could tell that he took it upon himself to make sure they got the win. What most people wondered about Brady was whether or not he had the athleticism and arm strength to make it in the NFL.

And "because the other teams have one" is NOT a good reason to spend a 1st-round draft pick on a QB.

Reaper16
04-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Yes, I did think Tom Brady had "it". He won several big games in his two years as a starter at Michigan and there were times when you could tell that he took it upon himself to make sure they got the win. What most people wondered about Brady was whether or not he had the athleticism and arm strength to make it in the NFL.

And "because the other teams have one" is NOT a good reason to spend a 1st-round draft pick on a QB.
This man knows the Big Ten; trust him.

NIU32
04-23-2007, 10:39 AM

alright i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then...though this will probaly never happen because i dont see him dropping that far, i just couldnt see KC not taking him, the value is just too high. But we'll see what happens. I still have a feeling its going to be Ginn or Jarrett

DMAC
04-23-2007, 10:39 AM

If you can control a game and control your guys, be a leader with great talent, have good accuracy...then who gives a flip about arm strength.

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 10:43 AM
alright i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then...though this will probaly never happen because i dont see him dropping that far, i just couldnt see KC not taking him, the value is just too high. But we'll see what happens. I still have a feeling its going to be Ginn or Jarrett

I was wrong about Drew Brees for the opposite reason. He obviously had "it" at Purdue, but I jumped on the "don't want him" bandwagon because I didn't think he had the measurables to make in the NFL. Although he struggled in SD, this last year in New Orleans was my plate o' crow.

So who knows.

The Franchise
04-23-2007, 10:46 AM
I think you can figure out my answer on this subject.

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 10:49 AM
I think you can figure out my answer on this subject.

You're biased. :D

The Franchise
04-23-2007, 10:57 AM
You're biased. :D

True...I am biased....but I'm also smart.

Do I think he's the next Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? No.

Do I think he can be a legitimate starting QB? Yes...in the right offense.

Mile High Mania
04-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Brees really didn't step up until they made the play for Rivers...

CoMoChief
04-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Man, what a PoS article.

CosmicPal
04-23-2007, 11:00 AM
I very much doubt he falls to us, and even if he did- I don't see them drafting him. The Chiefs simply have too many needs in too many positions and a late-first rounder should be spent on someone who can contribute immediately.

But, never say never 'cause Green Bay picked up Aaron Rodgers a couple of drafts ago when he fell.

Mile High Mania
04-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Man, what a PoS article.

You're going to awaken the mini-Athan...

CoMoChief
04-23-2007, 11:17 AM
You're going to awaken the mini-Athan...

Most of the artilces on Warpaint are crap. I dont know why people pay the money they do to subscribe for that. Boggles my mind really.

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 11:19 AM
True...I am biased....but I'm also smart.

Do I think he's the next Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? No.

Do I think he can be a legitimate starting QB? Yes...in the right offense.

That rules out the Chiefs.

noa
04-23-2007, 12:35 PM
What a waste of time. No way Quinn falls that far. Just because Athan talked to Bill Kuharich, that doesn't make it worth writing an entire article about his pipe dream.

The Franchise
04-23-2007, 01:04 PM
That rules out the Chiefs.
You trying to say that Brady Quinn can't hand the ball off to LJ 40 times a game?

B_Ambuehl
04-23-2007, 01:22 PM

Brady has a different personality type. Quinn is a robot...a sequential processor. Most good QBs are all parallel processors....The difference is one perceives things in a pre-meditated, singular, concise, and sequential fashion...1, 2, 3, 4......and the other perceives things in an indirect yet broad instinctive fashion........Sequential processors are good at stuff that can be premeditated like academics not so good at things requiring instincts. Very few of those types of quarterbacks end up worth a shit.....Trent Green is a rare exception and you see how absolutely terrible and inconsistent he could look at times.

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 01:33 PM
You trying to say that Brady Quinn can't hand the ball off to LJ 40 times a game?

That wouldn't make him a "legitimate starting QB". That would make him Trent Dilfer. :D

The Franchise
04-23-2007, 01:45 PM
That wouldn't make him a "legitimate starting QB". That would make him Trent Dilfer. :D
And last time I checked....Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring. :hmmm:

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 02:02 PM
And last time I checked....Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring. :hmmm:

Thanks Herm.

The Franchise
04-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks Herm.

I don't know whether to feel hurt or consider this a compliment?

:banghead:

HolmeZz
04-23-2007, 02:52 PM

He did do it. Just nobody remembers it because his defense gave up a 60 yard play on 4th and 9.

Quinn always had good receivers to throw to, but the rest of the team was not very good at all. To hold him responsible because ND couldn't beat much much much much more talented teams(USC, LSU, ect.) is silly.

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 02:56 PM
He did do it. Just nobody remembers it because his defense gave up a 60 yard play on 4th and 9 the next series.

Quinn had good receivers to throw to, but to hold him responsible because ND couldn't beat much much much much more talented overall teams(USC, LSU, ect.) is silly.

I don't hold him responsible. It's not just about the results, it's about the means.

I saw him make lots of questionable throws, struggle to check down, and do other things that just made you wonder if he was "all arm and no brain".

HolmeZz
04-23-2007, 03:02 PM
"All arm and no brain" describes Russell a lot more than it does Quinn. And this is coming from someone who has Russell ahead of Quinn.

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 03:05 PM
"All arm and no brain" describes Russell a lot more than it does Quinn. And this is coming from someone who has Russell ahead of Quinn.

Let me put it like this:

Russell is street smart. Quinn is book smart.

Russell plays better when plays break down. Quinn is a system guy who breaks down when plays break down.

As for the "all arm, no brain" comment, both players benefit immensely from having excellent measurables. That being said, Quinn is more prototypical, whereas Russell's measurables set him apart. Especially his arm strength.

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Let me put it like this:

Russell is street smart. Quinn is book smart.

Russell plays better when plays break down. Quinn is a system guy who breaks down when plays break down.

As for the "all arm, no brain" comment, both players benefit immensely from having excellent measurables. That being said, Quinn is more prototypical, whereas Russell's measurables set him apart. Especially his arm strength.

When I see the guy play it's like watching a younger version of Brett Favre

htismaqe
04-23-2007, 03:32 PM
When I see the guy play it's like watching a younger version of Brett Favre

Russell? Yeah, that's who he reminds me of.

Logical
04-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Even if they are actually interested, that ain't happening. Not worth even discussing.

UteChief
04-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Well everytime I hear about Brady dropping I can't stop thinking about Aaron Rodgers drop to Green Bay. I only see three or four teams that would really go after him CLE, MIN, MIA and BUF.