PDA

View Full Version : I shot fully-automatic machine guns in Vegas this weeked...(video)

TinyEvel
04-23-2007, 11:39 AM
..and all I got was this bruised shoulder!

We bachelor partied in Vegas this weekend, and looking for something to do other than drink and gamble for 48-hours, we went to THE GUN STORE on Saturday and rented fully-automatic guns.

I rented the Thompson, the M-16 and the belt-fed SAW (that's the one mounted on the hum-vees in Iraq. )

Pretty intense sh*t. The place was kind of hectic, lots of people milling about, picking out guns on the wall, then they give you a clip of the appropriate ammo, you get your eye/ear protection and go into the range with a guide. He loads the gun and walks you through it. They you let her rip (sort of)

It was kind of lame they mounted the targets upside-down, this is so you get a better trophy when the gun rides up...weak. I wish I had told them to make it right-side up.

Anyway, after watching plenty of military Channel and playing all the Medal of Honor/Call of Duty games, I have and even deeper respect for the people who carry these guns into battle. NOT EASY. They're heavy and they kick pretty damn hard. Though I heard the military don't go full-auto (unless some seious sh*t is hitting the fan).

Anyway, it was a cool experience. Something different. We shot some video (below) my M-16 kept jamming, which sucked. The SAW was awesome. And the Tommy gun was brutal. A .45 cal machine pistol! it rode up like a mofo, even with the flash suppressor on it. I can't believe they sold these in the 20's and 30's to people as home/ranch protection. I can't imagine an old lady weilding this thing on her porch.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZMHJ1_FJTs"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZMHJ1_FJTs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

crazycoffey
04-23-2007, 11:47 AM
video no longer available.....

stlchiefs
04-23-2007, 11:47 AM
No long available? Your rights are being suppressed.

BigMeatballDave
04-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Nice video...

Stewie
04-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Was Pacman Jones around?

chief2000
04-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Our next mass murderer influenced by TV/movies/games.

crazycoffey
04-23-2007, 11:53 AM
The saw is a mountable, I remember having a team member with a saw and a gunner with a M-60 mounted up top. Little bit bigger round.

The real fun gun to have mounted is the MK-19. A belt feed 40MM grenade machine gun. over 300 rounds / minute.....

still waiting for your video.... :p

TinyEvel
04-23-2007, 11:58 AM
VIDEO IS NOW UP ( I got a nice freeze image too!)

crazycoffey
04-23-2007, 12:04 PM
sweet sweet sounds - gotta love it.

thanks for sharing tiny evel

StcChief
04-23-2007, 12:17 PM
ROFL

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation. Please report this incident to customer service.

Donger
04-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Why was that target upside down?

crazycoffey
04-23-2007, 12:22 PM

that's not how you shoot terrorists?

Carlota69
04-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Speaking of shooting loads, did you guys make it to Scores?

Donger
04-23-2007, 12:32 PM
that's not how you shoot terrorists?

I've never shot a terrorist.

TinyEvel
04-23-2007, 12:42 PM
ROFL

Nice one. We ended up going to HardCock and one fo the guys got hit up by somebody who recommended "The Men's Club" we took a limo over there and it was like a restaurant with a stage. Small, but very classy, like a one-to one ratio. No complaints. Of course the grind you for every dollar you have (pun intended).

TinyEvel
04-23-2007, 12:45 PM

You didn't read my lenghty thread starter?

I guess it's so that when the gun rides up, it rides up into the torso and not off the target.

Weak, in my opinion, I should have asked him to mount it upright. After searching around, I think there are better ranges out there. LV Discount firearms seems to have a better setup. This place was kind of small and hectic. I would have really liked to go to an outside range, where you can get further away from your target. It's more fun to track your shot and correct fire as you go.

Frazod
04-23-2007, 01:19 PM
I got to fire a deck-mounted 50 cal once when I was on my ship. That was very cool. Turns a seagull (naval target designation - CGUll) :D into a cloud of red mist in the blink of an eye.

Donger
04-23-2007, 01:20 PM
You didn't read my lenghty thread starter?

I guess it's so that when the gun rides up, it rides up into the torso and not off the target.

Weak, in my opinion, I should have asked him to mount it upright. After searching around, I think there are better ranges out there. LV Discount firearms seems to have a better setup. This place was kind of small and hectic. I would have really liked to go to an outside range, where you can get further away from your target. It's more fun to track your shot and correct fire as you go.

No, I didn't. Sorry.

ChiefaRoo
04-23-2007, 01:47 PM

Carlota, how's it going baby doll?

Easy 6
04-23-2007, 04:35 PM
You must have fired an older M-16, the newer ones only have a 3 round burst setting (drats!!!), supposedly because in 'Nam too many guys were firing willy-nilly & wasting all kinds of ammo.

The SAW is a great little weapon & has a very distinct sound, the round is kinda small...but it fires'em like crazy.

Sounds like a good time E.

DenverChief
04-23-2007, 04:58 PM
the M-16 .. They're heavy and they kick pretty damn hard.

Wha?

DenverChief
04-23-2007, 04:59 PM
You must have fired an older M-16, the newer ones only have a 3 round burst setting (drats!!!), supposedly because in 'Nam too many guys were firing willy-nilly & wasting all kinds of ammo.

The SAW is a great little weapon & has a very distinct sound, the round is kinda small...but it fires'em like crazy.

Sounds like a good time E.

Same round as the M-16

Easy 6
04-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Same round as the M-16

Yeah, i suppose your right, but as i recall the cartridge is a 'lil smaller.

Its been a few years.

DenverChief
04-23-2007, 05:00 PM
I got to fire a deck-mounted 50 cal once when I was on my ship. That was very cool. Turns a seagull (naval target designation - CGUll) :D into a cloud of red mist in the blink of an eye.

:LOL: would turn anything living into a pink mist in the blink of an eye

DenverChief
04-23-2007, 05:03 PM
The real fun gun to have mounted is the MK-19. A belt feed 40MM grenade machine gun. over 300 rounds / minute.....

still waiting for your video.... :p

OMG I loved shooting that thing the way it rocked the HMMWV and the thud in the distance, ah those were the days

elvomito
04-23-2007, 06:06 PM
how'd youl like that shotgun, was it shooting slugs?
that appeared to be a perfectly legal purchase for anyone over 18
anyway, what does a place like that charge for what you did?

Phobia
04-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Yeah, i suppose your right, but as i recall the cartridge is a 'lil smaller.

Its been a few years.

Same.

Phobia
04-23-2007, 06:27 PM

They charged me 5 years. I don't know what he paid for the privelage.

Skip Towne
04-23-2007, 06:33 PM
The M-16's I shot had very little kick. About like a .22. Hell, it IS a .22.

TinyEvel
04-23-2007, 06:36 PM
The M-16's I shot had very little kick. About like a .22. Hell, it IS a .22.

Yeah, the slug is .22, but the cartridge is bigger. You know what I'm sayin.' The guy had me in a weird stance, and the area is pretty cramped. I would've liked to have been able to take more time with it.

TinyEvel
04-23-2007, 06:39 PM

That was my buddy shooting the shotgun. He said it did have a slug. In the range that bang was about the loudest thing in there.

I paid $105. that was Thompson w/50 rds, M-16 w/25 rds, SAW w/25 rds.

I think it was $40 for the Tommy and the SAW and $25 for the M-16.

They had a lot more that I wanted to try: German MP-40, Brittish Sten, etc.

Swanman
04-23-2007, 07:39 PM
That was my buddy shooting the shotgun. He said it did have a slug. In the range that bang was about the loudest thing in there.

I'm heading out to Vegas in three weeks and I've been thinking about heading out to the Gun Store (unless other folks more familiar with places like that in Vegas have better places). I want to try out the AK, either a Thompson or an MP40 (I'm a WWII buff) and one of the handguns.

Skip Towne
04-23-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm not much of a gun nut but the Thompson's best audience was the gangsters. "The Chicago Typewriter" was its nickname. The Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) was a much more effective wartime piece. Bonnie and Clyde were mowed down with BAR's.

crazycoffey
04-23-2007, 08:02 PM
OMG I loved shooting that thing the way it rocked the HMMWV and the thud in the distance, ah those were the days

That's right...... Ft. Riley and McClellan are the only places I pushed that butterfly trigger, but yeah, it rocked. I was in a unit that just came from Somalia, they had some stories about how that MK-19 rocked. I remember one story about a sniper in an empty half broken down building. two MK-19's brought the rest of it down in just a dozen seconds or two......

For those reading that don't know, the 40MM grenade round is the round fired from the bottom of the M-16 (an M-203) in all the movies, like blackhawk down. That M203 fires one grenade, the MK-19 fires like a machine gun the same round 325-375 rounds per minute. So twenty seconds, two guns would put a couple hundred grenades on a target.

Freakin cool...... sorry I liked it.

crazycoffey
04-23-2007, 08:03 PM

that thompson would be fun to shoot, you lucky dog.

TinyEvel
04-23-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm heading out to Vegas in three weeks and I've been thinking about heading out to the Gun Store (unless other folks more familiar with places like that in Vegas have better places). I want to try out the AK, either a Thompson or an MP40 (I'm a WWII buff) and one of the handguns.

The Gun Store was cool. Though hectic. Chack out Discount Firearms as well http://www.discountfirearmsinc.com/

I've never bee nthere, but they have a decent video on YouTube.

boogblaster
04-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Had a old Thompson once..it kicked ass ....

elvomito
04-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah, the slug is .22, but the cartridge is bigger. You know what I'm sayin.' The guy had me in a weird stance, and the area is pretty cramped. I would've liked to have been able to take more time with it.yeah i noticed that... "stand in a bicycle stance" or something right? i bet he did that to make you feel like it had kick, so you wouldn't feel ripped off.
That was my buddy shooting the shotgun. He said it did have a slug. In the range that bang was about the loudest thing in there.i figured it was. i have an identical one and slugs for some reason give me the most kick
For those reading that don't know, the 40MM grenade round is the round fired from the bottom of the M-16 (an M-203) in all the movies, like blackhawk down. That M203 fires one grenade, the MK-19 fires like a machine gun the same round 325-375 rounds per minute. So twenty seconds, two guns would put a couple hundred grenades on a target.

Freakin cool...... sorry I liked it.wow! its hard to imagine that much fun!! a friend once went to thailand and found a (not so legal) rpg shooting range(more like countryside). for an extra $50 they'll let you aim it at a water buffalo

Thig Lyfe
04-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Is this post really only the second Pacman Jones reference? You guys are slacking.

crazycoffey
04-23-2007, 09:32 PM
wow! its hard to imagine that much fun!! a friend once went to thailand and found a (not so legal) rpg shooting range(more like countryside). for an extra $50 they'll let you aim it at a water buffalo

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/mk19a3-2-s.jpg (http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/mk19a3-2.jpg)

this would destroy water buffalo.....

crazycoffey
04-23-2007, 09:33 PM
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/mk-19-andy3-s.jpg (http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/mk-19-andy3.jpg)

mounted

TinyEvel
04-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Coff, you were in the military at one point? What, where?

My baby bro's a Staff SGT in the Marines, currently in Oki

crazycoffey
04-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Coff, you were in the military at one point? What, where?

My baby bro's a Staff SGT in the Marines, currently in Oki

eight years total,

five active army 94-99
reserves 99-02

Ft. Leonard wood - deployed to cuba
Heidelberg Germany - deployed to Bosnia and Croatia Traveled all over there too, it was fun, (thanks to your tax dollars of course....)

Your baby bro in Oki, is in a good place (other than Marines, IMO - :p)

tell him to be safe, shoot move and communicate!

TinyEvel
04-23-2007, 09:49 PM
eight years total,

five active army 94-99
reserves 99-02

Ft. Leonard wood - deployed to cuba
Heidelberg Germany - deployed to Bosnia and Croatia Traveled all over there too, it was fun, (thanks to your tax dollars of course....)

Your baby bro in Oki, is in a good place (other than Marines, IMO - :p)

tell him to be safe, shoot move and communicate!

Yeah, it's saved him. He has to come home in November, he has maxed-out his foreign base time. But now he's going to 29 Palms to instruct, rather than pendleton (basically a ticket to Iraq).

Were you in the Bos/Cro during all that shite?