PDA

View Full Version : KC

luv
04-23-2007, 10:28 PM
I believe I told someone no stories. I lied. If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em.

Saturday -

BBQ was a blast. Most of this is evident in the thread in the Pictures Forum. I'll admit that I was nervous going in, but I had a great time, and felt really comfortable talking with everyone. Very, very cool group of people. Definitely looking forward to meeting even more people at the bash at Nzoner's this fall.

Sunday -

Decided, while eating breakfast, not to go to the Royals game. I was afraid it would start raining. Needless to say, it didn't and the Royals won. Oh well. Went to the park to take some updated pictures. I did some shopping and had a friend who turned out to be an excellent tour guide of the Plaza. We arrived at the Nelson Museum of Art and the Museum of Contemporary Art about 30 minutes after they closed. Instead, we parked and walked around the Plaza. Very cool. I loved the Barnes & Noble. Ended up eating dinner at 810 Zone. They have good food and a great atmosphere. Went to an Irish Pub for a drink before going to see a movie at the Palace. Note: 15-20 minutes of Aqua Teen is MUCH more enjoyable than an hour and a half. Very enjoyable day, IMO.

Monday -

Person I was staying with had to be at work early, so I made my way to the art museums. Definitely something I didn't mind doing on my own. I arrive there to find out the Nelson Museum is closed on Mondays! The lot my friend had showed me to park in at the Contemporary Art Museum was closed off for lawn maintenance crews. So, I make my way back to Metcalf. I met Simplex for lunch. I was think there were a few more people that were going to be there, but no one else showed. I promised Simplex I wouldn't ruin his reputation on here, so I'm obligated to say that he's a big asshole. :p

Overall, very good trip. Looking forward to doing it again sometime. KC has a lot of character. Fell in love with the Plaza.

Hammock Parties
04-23-2007, 10:29 PM
luvplanet

luv
04-23-2007, 10:37 PM
luvplanet
Afraid of a little competition?

ChiefsOne
04-23-2007, 10:37 PM
First time in KC?

Jenson71
04-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Simplex and luv, sitting in a tree...

luv
04-23-2007, 10:39 PM
First time in KC?
Other than to come up, stay in a hotel, and go to Arrowhead....yes.

SPchief
04-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Hope you had fun.

I'm out.

PinkFloyd
04-23-2007, 10:44 PM
I spent about 400 in Springfield and won about $1,500... Not too bad..

Hammock Parties
04-23-2007, 10:45 PM
I guess you didn't hit Papa Minsky's. Man that place is a must-eat everytime I hit KC from now on. To die for.

luv
04-23-2007, 10:45 PM
I spent about 400 in Springfield and won about $1,500... Not too bad..
Which strip clubs did you go to, and where did you end up playing golf?

ChiefsCountry
04-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Gotta hit up Westport and Crown Center next time.

luv
04-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Would have done Westport this time, probably, but I drank enough at the BBQ. Next time, whenever that is.

Mr. Kotter
04-23-2007, 10:52 PM
I miss KC.... :(

Glad you had a good time though. You are young enough to move....I know you've been considering it: do it. Now. Not later.

:)

ChiefFan31
Cool. Glad you had a good time. KC ain't too shabby.

I am about to fall over and die if I don't get some KC BBQ soon. Dramatic, yes....but about true.

PinkFloyd
Which strip clubs did you go to, and where did you end up playing golf?

No strip clubs believe it or not... Played River Cut and Deer "something"... Forgot the name... Spent most of the time at the hotel bar - Classics....

luv
04-23-2007, 10:53 PM
No strip clubs believe it or not... Played River Cut and Deer "something"... Forgot the name... Spent most of the time at the hotel bar - Classics....
Classic Sports. You stayed at the Clarion. Good choice.

unlurking
04-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Drove through Westport turkey day weekend. Man, place has really changed in the last 10 years or so. Very disappointed. What was with the "upscale" places?

PinkFloyd
04-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Classic Sports. You stayed at the Clarion. Good choice.

It was on the side of town we needed to be in... Not sure if we're going back next year... Might go to Tulsa instead... I got tournaments in Reno, Baton Rouge, Vegas and Salt Lake City coming up this and next month...

I need to hit the sack... 6 hours of sleep in the last 72 hours... Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Gotta chase storms tomorrow night....

BigMeatballDave
04-24-2007, 01:36 AM
Reading this stuff makes me homesick.