PDA

View Full Version : So when is TG due his salary of $7 million?

chiefsfan1963
04-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Is CP in a pretty strong position in the negotiation game? What's everyone's take here. Is CP still requiring a 2nd rounder for him?

Iowanian
04-24-2007, 08:33 AM
This is all Dick Vermiel's FAULT!

BigRedChief
04-24-2007, 08:42 AM
HUH? Tony G reupped this off season. $10 million signing bonus. If he leaves it all counts against the cap this year.

Tony G retires a Chief.

stlchiefs
04-24-2007, 08:44 AM
TG can = Tony Gonzalez OR Trent Green.

1963 is referring to Trent

Brock
04-24-2007, 09:11 AM
They're called game checks for a reason.

Mr. Laz
04-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Trent's yearly salary becomes 100% guaranteed on the 1st day of the regular season.

chiefsfan1963
04-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Trent's yearly salary becomes 100% guaranteed on the 1st day of the regular season.

So the strategy for CP is wait it out. If Miami wants him badly they will pull the trigger and trade for him probably shortly before the draft. CP is looking to get a 2nd rounder for him, but would take a 4th rounder if push came to shove. Is this how you analyze the situation?

HMc
04-24-2007, 10:28 AM
this is a good thread this issue hasnt been addressed here before

Brock
04-24-2007, 10:29 AM
this is a good thread this issue hasnt been addressed here before

I heard Larry Johnson wants a new contract. Thread-worthy?

Mr. Laz
04-24-2007, 10:36 AM
So the strategy for CP is wait it out. If Miami wants him badly they will pull the trigger and trade for him probably shortly before the draft. CP is looking to get a 2nd rounder for him, but would take a 4th rounder if push came to shove. Is this how you analyze the situation?
i don't know what Carl's strategy is ... but the Chiefs have several options.

1. trade Trent now for the best price
2. hold on to Trent until during the draft to try and bump the price up
3. hold on to Trent through Training Camp in case Huard/Croyle gets hurt.
4. Hold on to Trent up until the 1st game for a higher trade and insurance policy.
5. Keep Green ... i don't know if Green will restructure for us like he did Miami or not.

chiefsfan1963
04-24-2007, 10:45 AM
i don't know what Carl's strategy is ... but the Chiefs have several options.

1. trade Trent now for the best price
2. hold on to Trent until during the draft to try and bump the price up
3. hold on to Trent through Training Camp in case Huard/Croyle gets hurt.
4. Hold on to Trent up until the 1st game for a higher trade and insurance policy.
5. Keep Green ... i don't know if Green will restructure for us like he did Miami or not.

Isn't our best option is to get a 2nd rounder for him for this draft? I guess Miami could wait it out until we cut him. So I would think CP would take a 4th rounder if push came to shove. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems TG is no longer in CP's plans to be in a Chief's uniform this season. If he can get a 2nd rounder then great if not then at least get a 4th rounder and move on. No?

Wile_E_Coyote
04-24-2007, 10:47 AM
QBs get hurt in preseason. Can prolly trade him then for more

crazycoffey
04-24-2007, 10:51 AM
They're called game checks for a reason.

Oh, yeah? Then what's up with South Carolina being called the gamecocks?

Mr. Laz
04-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Isn't our best option is to get a 2nd rounder for him for this draft? I guess Miami could wait it out until we cut him. So I would think CP would take a 4th rounder if push came to shove. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems TG is no longer in CP's plans to be in a Chief's uniform this season. If he can get a 2nd rounder then great if not then at least get a 4th rounder and move on. No?

i imagine that Herm/Carl would love to get a 2nd round pick for Green during the draft.

it's probably a long shot .... it would help alot if the 2 best QB's of the draft get picked before Miami has a selection in the 1st round.

Jamarcus Russell to the faiders with the 1st pick

rumors has it that oakland might be looking to Daunte Culpepper if Miami cuts him. So holding off on the trade to miami might be a good thing for KC to do anyway.

Brady Quinn to Cleveland with the 3rd pick

Buffalo at 5 ... minnesota at 7 ... Detroit at 8 could also take Quinn before Miami gets a shot for him at 9.

if Russell and Quinn are both gone before miami picks then it will put more pressure on Miami to trade for Green and will raise the price.