PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now? Lake Dawson

Wile_E_Coyote
04-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Dawson named Titans director of pro personnelBy Terry McCormick, tmccormick@nashvillecitypaper.com
April 23, 2007
The Tennessee Titans hired former NFL wide reciever Lake Dawson to be the team's new Director of Pro Personnel.

Dawson, a former wide receiver for the Kansas City Chiefs, comes to the Titans by way of Seattle, where he had worked for six seasons, including spending time with new Titans general manager Mike Reinfeldt when both were with the Seahawks.

Dawson replaces Al Smith, whose contract was not renewed when the Titans let former general manager Floyd Reese go in January.

“This will be our first move in an effort to grow our pro personnel department and Lake is the perfect person to start this process,” Reinfeldt said. “I have first-hand knowledge of his ability as a talent evaluator and his growth as a front office employee at Seattle.”

In Seattle, Dawson served as the assistant director of pro personnel for the past two seasons.

Dawson was a third-round selection by the Kansas City Chiefs in 1994 and played four seasons there with 103 receptions.

kcxiv
04-24-2007, 12:04 PM
I guess after him flopping he isnt doing to bad for himself.

burt
04-24-2007, 12:37 PM

he is a very nice man.

PastorMikH
04-24-2007, 12:39 PM

Actually, I always thought Lake Dawson did an excellent job of showing how a strong work ethic can help a player that isn't as talented make it. He also shows how fast a player can drop that thinks they "Have Finally Arrived" and quit working as hard to stay at such a high level as they did in getting there.

Wile_E_Coyote
04-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Maybe Dawsonpaw is a Titan fan now

kcxiv
04-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Actually, I always thought Lake Dawson did an excellent job of showing how a strong work ethic can help a player that isn't as talented make it. He also shows how fast a player can drop that thinks they "Have Finally Arrived" and quit working as hard to stay at such a high level as they did in getting there.
I dont hate the guy, but as far as him bieng a starting receiver like many had hoped, it just didnt happen. He flopped as a player, then again, many many do. Its also good to see a player making it after that happens.

Gonzo
04-24-2007, 12:41 PM
I hope no-one in the office sends him for Starbucks. They will be going thirsty and poor lake will have 3rd degree burns.

Javabean
04-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Didn't he have knee problems? My memory is that he was a promising young player until he blew out both his knees and lost all his speed, but perhaps I'm remembering it wrong.

PastorMikH
04-24-2007, 12:50 PM
I dont hate the guy, but as far as him bieng a starting receiver like many had hoped, it just didnt happen. He flopped as a player, then again, many many do. Its also good to see a player making it after that happens.

Actually, when he first started he worked his tail off. I remember hearing an interview when I was in KC of one of the QBs saying he was always getting someone to stay after and throw him balls so he could work on perfecting his routes (Can't remember if that was Montana or Bono that said it).

I'd take him in his '94 or '95 form over anyone below Kennison right now.

Megbert
04-24-2007, 01:01 PM
My dad really liked him. I got an autographed 8x10 of him and I was picture framer at the time so I framed that and got his football card and cut out an 80 outta mat board and placed the rookie card in the middle of the '0'. I wish I would have taken that when he passed away I let my cousin have it cause him and his wife at the time had a 'chiefs' room and they helped out quite a bit towards the 'end'. Then she left my cousin and took all the chiefs stuff with her.

From what I remember he was a great downfield blocker.