PDA

View Full Version : Honest question about Chiefs?

OctoberFart
04-24-2007, 06:22 PM
I was wondering why the chiefs are willing to trade LJ the only threat on their O outside of Gonzo? He is 2nd best back in the league and they are shopping him. I know he wants to get paid but they should pay the guy in my opinion as without him KC is going to battle THE OAKLAND RAAAIIIDERS for the race to 5 wins for 3rd place in the division.

Not meant as Sh!t talk just an honest answer.

keg in kc
04-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Willing to trade should not be construed as trying to trade. Every team listens to offers. Be stupid not to.

kstater
04-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Well there is an oppinion that with all the miles that the Chiefs put on him last year, and probably this year, that he will be run down really quickly. Trying to get the best value out of him now before he (could) get hurt.

el borracho
04-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Well, I hope we don't trade him but I believe the motivation is to acquire multiple picks in an effort to get younger and better. There may or may not also be the unfortunate realization that the Chiefs are unlikely to win big this year.

suds79
04-24-2007, 06:37 PM
There's a lot of evidence that Larry won't last much longer being the kind of runner he is today.

That's why there's trade rumors.

http://footballoutsiders.com/index.php?p=4764

Terrell Davis (1997): 369 carries, 481 including the postseason. The latter total is an NFL record. Davis was spectacular again in 1998, but that season’s total of 392 regular-season carries basically ended his career.

Eddie George (1999): 320 carries, 428 including the postseason. He fell from 4.1 to 3.7 yards per carry in 2000, and after 403 regular-season carries he was never again an effective player.

Curtis Martin (1998): 369 carries, 418 including the postseason. Martin saw no ill effects; 1998 was actually his worst year until 2005.

Thurman Thomas (1993): 355 carries, 418 including the postseason. Thomas continued to play well but never again was able to carry the ball 300 times in a season.

Joe Morris (1986): 341 carries, 414 including the postseason. The following year Morris plummeted from 4.4 to 3.4 yards per carry. By 1989, his career was over due to nerve damage and broken bones in his feet, except for a short-lived comeback with the 1991 Browns.

Jamal Lewis (2000): 309 carries, 412 including the postseason. 103 postseason carries is the third-highest total in history, and Lewis tore his ACL the next year.

Corey Dillon (2005): 345 carries, 410 including the postseason. Fell from 4.7 to 3.5 yards per carry and only managed 12 games due to injuries.

Emmitt Smith (1991): 365 carries, 406 including the postseason. No ill effects.

Ahman Green (2003): 355 carries, 403 including the postseason. Dropped from 5.3 yards per carry in 2003 to 4.5 yards per carry in 2004 and then 3.3 yards per carry in 2005, when he missed 11 games because of injuries.

Earl Campbell (1979): 368 carries, 401 including the postseason. Improved in 1980, when another heavy workload cost him most of his effectiveness in 1981 and beyond.

Natrone Means (1994): 343 carries, 400 including the postseason. Only played 10 games the following year due to injuries, never again played a full season, and retired in 2000 at the age of 28.

Dorsey Levens (1997): 329 carries, 400 including the postseason. Only played seven games in 1998, never again had 100 carries in a season after 1999, didn’t average four yards per carry again until 2002.

Curt Warner (1983): 335 carries, 395 including the postseason. Blew out his knee during the first game of 1984 and was out for the season.

Emmitt Smith (1994): 368 carries, 395 including the postseason. Had his best season in 1995, then declined after that.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Because they are stupid mother****ers.

Adept Havelock
04-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Willing to trade should not be construed as trying to trade. Every team listens to offers. Be stupid not to.

Well, that and being exposed to the Raiders twice a year has had a detrimental effect on their cognitive ability. :D

Buck
04-24-2007, 06:46 PM
He is 2nd best back in the league.

I really doubt that he is, we'll just have to wait and see what he does with a subpar offensive line.

Adept Havelock
04-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I really doubt that he is, we'll just have to wait and see what he does with a subpar offensive line.

Heh, you don't think last years O-Line was subpar? Not to mention the brilliant play calling.

He's still the best Power Back in the League...2nd or 3rd overall.

I guess playing the Raiders twice a year has rubbed off on the Bolts as well. ;)

keg in kc
04-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I really doubt that he is, we'll just have to wait and see what he does with a subpar offensive line.2006 says he goes for nearly 2200 total yards and scores 19 TD with a subpar offensive line.

ISUJeff
04-24-2007, 06:50 PM

Was last year's line not subpar enough?

I'm slow, but at least not the only one thinking it

suds79
04-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Was last year's line not subpar enough?

I'm slow, but at least not the only one thinking it

Yeah last year's line was pathetic.

Larry no doubt is the 2nd best runner in football.

He's a liability on 3rd down though. He simply cannot or will not block.

LiL stumppy
04-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Anything is for sale for the right price.

Buck
04-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Well I guess Im talking out of my ass again, but If I'm not mistaken didn't Roaf just retire?

Also with 457 Touches he should have done a lot better if he was so great.

Frank Gore had comparable numbers with about 80-100 less touches.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 06:59 PM

The 49ers had a better offensive line and a better offensive coordinator.

Bottom line: Two straight seasons of 2,000+ yards and 20 TDs. RBs like that don't grow on trees.

StcChief
04-24-2007, 07:06 PM
We keep him, we need a spell back for 10+ carries a game or more throws. Catches outta the back field.

Buck
04-24-2007, 07:10 PM
The 49ers had a better offensive line and a better offensive coordinator.

Bottom line: Two straight seasons of 2,000+ yards and 20 TDs. RBs like that don't grow on trees.

Not according to the experts.

http://nfl.com/fantasy/story/10117333

11. Kansas City Chiefs (77.5 points): The retirement of Willie Roaf hurt the Chiefs line without question in 2006, but it remained a top-10 unit as it pertains to the run with 46 points. Where this unit faltered was in its pass protection, as it surrendered one sack for every 11.9 pass attempts.

15. San Francisco 49ers (67.5 points): The 49ers are headed in the right direction as a franchise, and the success of Frank Gore was aided from a run line that tied for tenth on our list with 43.5 points. The pass line was a bit less impressive -- it ranked just 22nd with a mediocre 24 points.

Just for shits and giggles, the best and worst Offensive Lines...

1. San Diego Chargers (109.5 points): It's no shock to see the Chargers atop the list of the best offensive lines after the statistical success of Tomlinson, who was the unquestioned MVP in fantasy football last season. San Diego finished with an NFL-best 32 rushing touchdowns, ranked as the second-best run line with 61.5 points and had the fifth-best pass line with 48 points.

32. Oakland Raiders (16 points): Oakland quarterbacks were black and blue throughout 2006 -- the pass line surrendered one sack for every 7.7 pass attempts -- and their run line ranked 28th.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 07:12 PM
The 49ers had a better offensive line. I don't care what some retarded fantasy article says.

And Gore is a lot bigger injury risk than LJ, BTW. His knees could implode at any moment.

Buck
04-24-2007, 07:14 PM
The 49ers had a better offensive line. I don't care what some retarded fantasy article says.

And Gore is a lot bigger injury risk than LJ, BTW. His knees could implode at any moment.

Your ****ing crazy. LJ had 460 something touches last year. Thats a blown knee waiting to happen.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Your ****ing crazy. LJ had 460 something touches last year. Thats a blown knee waiting to happen.

Not really....I've seen LJ's knee bent in the most awkward ways possible. He's got tendons made out of steel or something. You can't hurt the guy. My theory is that if he was going to get hurt it'd have happened by now.

Coogs
04-24-2007, 07:16 PM
I was wondering why the chiefs are willing to trade LJ the only threat on their O outside of Gonzo?

My guess is that it has to do with he is only under contract for one more year. He reached enough incentives to void the last two years of his contract.

suds79
04-24-2007, 07:16 PM
You know you can factor in offensive lines, yards per carry, # of carries , TDs etc. and the bottom line is...

Is he an ascending player, a descending player or is he going to remain the same.

Given that Larry is a power back who just broke the single season rushing attempts, IF he can stay healthy, I think he'll have one more Larry type of year before the wheels really start to fall off.

So if the Chiefs trade him, get something good for him as his stock will never again be this high. If they let him play out his last season, fine.

But don't sign him to a long term contract because that'd be a mistake.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 07:18 PM
LT has 2500 career touches...why is no one talking about him as an injury risk? Dude has had an incredible workload.

kstater
04-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Not really....I've seen LJ's knee bent in the most awkward ways possible. He's got tendons made out of steel or something. You can't hurt the guy. My theory is that if he was going to get hurt it'd have happened by now.

Well that's it. You jinxed it. He's going down in the preseason now. :)

Buck
04-24-2007, 07:22 PM
LT has 2500 career touches...why is no one talking about him as an injury risk? Dude has had an incredible workload.

Obviously LT is not comparable to anyone else. :)

Adept Havelock
04-24-2007, 07:23 PM

That's true. LT doesn't compare to the greatest RB of all time: Jim Brown #32. :thumb:

Valiant
04-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Well I guess Im talking out of my ass again, but If I'm not mistaken didn't Roaf just retire?

Also with 457 Touches he should have done a lot better if he was so great.

Gore also plays in the weak ass NFC... And NFC west at that...

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 07:29 PM

And for that you and all the other double-standard bitches can kiss my LJ-lovin' ass.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Gore also plays in the weak ass NFC... And NFC west at that...

Ding ding ding!

I'd love to see what Larry would make out of two games a year against the Rams.

Buck
04-24-2007, 07:30 PM
And for that you and all the other double-standard bitches can kiss my LJ-lovin' ass.

LT does have a lot of touches, but he's never had nearly as many as LJ had last year, in a season.

Valiant
04-24-2007, 07:31 PM
My guess is that it has to do with he is only under contract for one more year. He reached enough incentives to void the last two years of his contract.

And signing an allstar TE is 10x cheaper then signing a allstar RB...

Buck
04-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Ding ding ding!

I'd love to see what Larry would make out of two games a year against the Rams.

Rams > Raiders

Valiant
04-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Not according to the experts.

http://nfl.com/fantasy/story/10117333

11. Kansas City Chiefs (77.5 points): The retirement of Willie Roaf hurt the Chiefs line without question in 2006, but it remained a top-10 unit as it pertains to the run with 46 points. Where this unit faltered was in its pass protection, as it surrendered one sack for every 11.9 pass attempts.

15. San Francisco 49ers (67.5 points): The 49ers are headed in the right direction as a franchise, and the success of Frank Gore was aided from a run line that tied for tenth on our list with 43.5 points. The pass line was a bit less impressive -- it ranked just 22nd with a mediocre 24 points.

Just for shits and giggles, the best and worst Offensive Lines...

1. San Diego Chargers (109.5 points): It's no shock to see the Chargers atop the list of the best offensive lines after the statistical success of Tomlinson, who was the unquestioned MVP in fantasy football last season. San Diego finished with an NFL-best 32 rushing touchdowns, ranked as the second-best run line with 61.5 points and had the fifth-best pass line with 48 points.

32. Oakland Raiders (16 points): Oakland quarterbacks were black and blue throughout 2006 -- the pass line surrendered one sack for every 7.7 pass attempts -- and their run line ranked 28th.

I argued with some poster who says your line is horrible and LT did all that on his own.. LT is a stud on his own, BUT your line was dominant last year opening all those holes for him to get to the LB'rs without being touched first...

kstater
Rams > Raiders

As a team, no question.

But, Raiders D > Rams D

Hammock Parties
Rams > Raiders

Actually, no. Not on defense, and not last year. Larry went into St. Louis' house and put up a buck seventy...

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 07:35 PM
LT does have a lot of touches, but he's never had nearly as many as LJ had last year, in a season.

I hardly think that matters. There is more wear on LT, EASILY.

Valiant
04-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Rams > Raiders

Not on defense... Oakland had a great defense last year.. What are you smoking...

Buck
04-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Actually, no. Not on defense, and not last year. Larry went into St. Louis' house and put up a buck seventy...

As a defense, the Raiders are better than the Rams, but as a Run D they weren't too far apart, with the Raiders giving up 2144 yards to the Rams 2327 yards.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 07:40 PM
As a defense, the Raiders are better than the Rams, but as a Run D they weren't too far apart, with the Raiders giving up 2144 yards to the Rams 2327 yards.

The only reason the Raiders gave up that many rushing yards is because they were on the field so long.

The Rams were a bunch of undersized wusses last year.

Buck
04-24-2007, 07:48 PM
The only reason the Raiders gave up that many rushing yards is because they were on the field so long.

The Rams were a bunch of undersized wusses last year.

Whatever, Im sure that Frank Gore beat up on the Rams just like LJ beat up on the Raiders.

Skip Towne
04-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Heh, you don't think last years O-Line was subpar? Not to mention the brilliant play calling.

He's still the best Power Back in the League...2nd or 3rd overall.

I guess playing the Raiders twice a year has rubbed off on the Bolts as well. ;)
Hey, BuckingKaeding has demonstrated his ability to find this site more than once. I think he had a few aborted attempts though.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Whatever, Im sure that Frank Gore beat up on the Rams just like LJ beat up on the Raiders.

Frank Gore's games against the Rams weren't near as good as LJ's game against the Rams or even LJ's games against the Raiders for that matter.

Valiant
04-24-2007, 07:53 PM

I swear you either do not really watch football or know what the hell is going on when you do...

St. louis gave up 4.9 yards a rush
Oakland gave up 4.0 yards a rush

St. louis was rushed on 477
Oakland was rushed on 542

Almost two games extra worth of rushes on Oakland compared to St. Louis...

Why??? Most of the Raiders games were close and the other team was rushing to eat up the clock... Most people picked up on this by watching the games...That and the Raiders Offense was anemic and went 3 and out where their Defense was on the field the entire game whereas the St. Louis Offense is not crap... Oakland was last in the entire NFL with time of possession where St. louis 6th...

Buck
04-24-2007, 07:55 PM
This is just a matter of opinion, and character does play a role in this, but here, in order, are some RBs I'd rather have on my team than LJ.

1. LT
2. Frank Gore
3. Maurice Drew
4. Reggie Bush
5. Stephen Jackson

Then I would take Larry Johnson.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 07:55 PM
LMAO. Reggie Bush. What a ****ing joke.

Chief Faithful
04-24-2007, 07:56 PM
I was wondering why the chiefs are willing to trade LJ the only threat on their O outside of Gonzo?

I think the only purpose of trade talk is to determine his value. LJ is one of CP's boys so there is no way he will be traded. LJ will get his new contract.

Valiant
04-24-2007, 07:56 PM

Are you an idiot, everybody but you knows the Raiders D is leaps and bounds better then the Rams D especially in run defense...

Buck
04-24-2007, 07:58 PM
I swear you either do not really watch football or know what the hell is going on when you do...

St. louis gave up 4.9 yards a rush
Oakland gave up 4.0 yards a rush

St. louis was rushed on 477
Oakland was rushed on 542

Almost two games extra worth of rushes on Oakland compared to St. Louis...

Why??? Most of the Raiders games were close and the other team was rushing to eat up the clock... Most people picked up on this by watching the games...That and the Raiders Offense was anemic and went 3 and out where their Defense was on the field the entire game whereas the St. Louis Offense is not crap... Oakland was last in the entire NFL with time of possession where St. louis 6th...

Are you an idiot, everybody but you knows the Raiders D is leaps and bounds better then the Rams D especially in run defense...

Your argument has no validity. If a stat was kept for carries and yards and carries/yard for garbage time (the Raiders lost 14 games, so a lot of garbage time), then I bet it would show the truth.

What Im trying to say is that when teams get so far ahead of the Raiders they just run it up the gut and the most probable outcome would have been a 0-2 yard gain because the Raiders obviously knew the run was coming and that the game was already over.

Make sense?

Hammock Parties
LJ will get his new contract.

Valiant
This is just a matter of opinion, and character does play a role in this, but here, in order, are some RBs I'd rather have on my team than LJ.

1. LT
2. Frank Gore
3. Maurice Drew
4. Reggie Bush
5. Stephen Jackson

Man I can't wait till the Chargers suck again so you can go back to acting like you don't like football, lord knows you know nothing about it...

Buck
04-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Man I can't wait till the Chargers suck again so you can go back to acting like you don't like football, lord knows you know nothing about it...

Im not a punk ass bitch who pulls that bullshit. I'll rep the Chargers til the day I die.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Make sense?

No, not really. Oakland's defense got worn down because they were on the field so much. Teams knew they didn't have to pass, so they just kept pounding the shit out of them. Hence, lots of rushing yards were racked up against them as a result.

Oakland's run defense was much better than St. Louis.' There's no question about it.

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:05 PM
No, not really. Oakland's defense got worn down because they were on the field so much. Teams knew they didn't have to pass, so they just kept pounding the shit out of them. Hence, lots of rushing yards were racked up against them as a result.

Oakland's run defense was much better than St. Louis.' There's no question about it.

Oh so basically because they had a bad run defense offenses didn't pass on them? Thanks for making my argument for me.

Skip Towne
04-24-2007, 08:09 PM
LMAO. Reggie Bush. What a ****ing joke.
Bush averaged 3.6 ypc last year. If he couldn't catch he'd be headed out of the league.

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Bush averaged 3.6 ypc last year. If he couldn't catch he'd be headed out of the league.

Hes a much more versatile RB than LJ.

I played HS Football with the guy so I may be a bit biased, but I just have a feeling he is going to end up being great.

Valiant
04-24-2007, 08:11 PM
Your argument has no validity. If a stat was kept for carries and yards and carries/yard for garbage time (the Raiders lost 14 games, so a lot of garbage time), then I bet it would show the truth.

What Im trying to say is that when teams get so far ahead of the Raiders they just run it up the gut and the most probable outcome would have been a 0-2 yard gain because the Raiders obviously knew the run was coming and that the game was already over.

Make sense?

You are a RETARD, you obviously did not watch any football games last year... The Raiders run D, was solid all year... Their only problem was 3 and outs by their offense...

Raiders being blown out 5 games...
Rams being blown out 4 games... Why weren't the Rams totals better then if they knew what was coming???

Quit talking football you have shown you know nothing about it except when you state your opinion...

like this

his is just a matter of opinion, and character does play a role in this

4. Bush
5. jackon
6. LJ

Character plays a role but somehow Bush is above LJ, do you watch the news....

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:14 PM
You are a RETARD, you obviously did not watch any football games last year... The Raiders run D, was solid all year... Their only problem was 3 and outs by their offense...

Raiders being blown out 5 games...
Rams being blown out 4 games... Why weren't the Rams totals better then if they knew what was coming???

Quit talking football you have shown you know nothing about it except when you state your opinion...

like this

his is just a matter of opinion, and character does play a role in this

4. Bush
5. jackon
6. LJ

Character plays a role but somehow Bush is above LJ, do you watch the news....

What has Bush done thats so bad? Maybe your talking about all the money he donated to Hurricane Katrina victims...Has LJ ever done anything like that?

Oh...and by the way, Im sure you watched all 16 Raiders games hot shot.

Skip Towne
04-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Hes a much more versatile RB than LJ.

I played HS Football with the guy so I may be a bit biased, but I just have a feeling he is going to end up being great.
Well, if you played HS football with him he must be great. However, opposing LB's aren't easily impressed with that.

Valiant
04-24-2007, 08:15 PM

God, I can't believe I am agreeing with you.. The guy is a ****ing joke, that knows nothing about football.. Every time he types he further proves it...

His only basis is that the rushing defense totals were close?? He has not stated he watched that many of the games, because if he had he would be spouting so much stupid bullshit..

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Well, if you played HS football with him he must be great. However, opposing LB's aren't easily impressed with that.

I already said that hes a much versatile RB than LJ...

Skip Towne
04-24-2007, 08:17 PM
What has Bush done thats so bad? Maybe your talking about all the money he donated to Hurricane Katrina victims...Has LJ ever done anything like that?

Bush sucks as a RB is what he has done that is so bad.

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:17 PM
God, I can't believe I am agreeing with you.. The guy is a ****ing joke, that knows nothing about football.. Every time he types he further proves it...

His only basis is that the rushing defense totals were close?? He has not stated he watched that many of the games, because if he had he would be spouting so much stupid bullshit..

Hey bro, to each his own. Sports is my life. I take pride in knowing sports. Its too bad I cant even get a sniff of you KC Folk.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh so basically because they had a bad run defense offenses didn't pass on them? Thanks for making my argument for me.

No, dumbass. Teams knew they didn't have to pass on them because they would likely never be trailing due to Oakland's horrid offense. Think, McFly.

Valiant
04-24-2007, 08:19 PM

You right I didnt, but I believe 14 of them are 14 more then you did...
Unlike you I watch and follow the NFL...

As for Bush, how much money did he recieve free in college??? How much did his family get and free rent for him playing football??? Was it a hummer he got free while in college???

For being such an admirer you don't know shit...

Larry Johnson and every other NFL player donated some money to Katrina aid...

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Bush sucks as a RB is what he has done that is so bad.

We are talking about the Personal Character of the player.

He brought up the character of Reggie Bush and asked me if I had watched the news...I'm not quite sure where he was going with that one. Maybe he is talking about when Bush and his family lived in a house for discounted rent, but thats all I can think of.

Valiant
Hey bro, to each his own. Sports is my life. I take pride in knowing sports. Its too bad I cant even get a sniff of you KC Folk.

It is not even about KC or San Diego folk, its about you being an idiot... You could be from KC and everybody would still be calling you dumb...

Hammock Parties
The Chiefs had a statistically "good" run defense in '04.

It wasn't as good as Oakland's statistically "bad" run defense last year.

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:21 PM
You right I didnt, but I believe 14 of them are 14 more then you did...
Unlike you I watch and follow the NFL...

As for Bush, how much money did he recieve free in college??? How much did his family get and free rent for him playing football??? Was it a hummer he got free while in college???

For being such an admirer you don't know shit...

Larry Johnson and every other NFL player donated some money to Katrina aid...

Im sorry for dissapointing you sir. You obviously know way much more about the NFL than me. I'll go back into my hole now.

And Im sure that Bush is the only player who has received money while still in college.

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:22 PM
It is not even about KC or San Diego folk, its about you being an idiot... You could be from KC and everybody would still be calling you dumb...

No its actually about you not being able to cope with someone calling your RB overrated, and taking every statistic you can find and trying to prove me wrong.

Valiant
04-24-2007, 08:23 PM
I already said that hes a much versatile RB than LJ...

Bush will be a great back, but after one season his rushing ability gets a F... He was a joke running the ball last year...

Skip Towne
04-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Im sorry for dissapointing you sir. You obviously know way much more about the NFL than me. I'll go back into my hole now.
Good idea.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 08:24 PM
No its actually about you not being able to cope with someone calling your RB overrated.

LOL

God forbid LJ ever averages 3.8 yards per carry over the course of a single season....like some other running backs that I won't mention.

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Bush will be a great back, but after one season his rushing ability gets a F... He was a joke running the ball last year...

Lets not forget how well LJ did in his first 2 years.

Okay, go ahead and find your best excuse.

Valiant
04-24-2007, 08:26 PM
No its actually about you not being able to cope with someone calling your RB overrated, and taking every statistic you can find and trying to prove me wrong.

Hell I want to trade LJ.. As for finding every statistic, thats funny that every statistic is proving me right... Your inability to actually watch the games you are spouting knowledge about, you declaring character issues as a factor when not knowing anything about Bushes taking money/ car/ and a house for free while in college after playing football and being an admirer..

LT is the best back in this league and his line is one of the best, the only thing that is OVERRATED is your football knowledge... Oakland is in your teams division and you know NOT A ****ING THING ABOUT THEM...

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 08:28 PM

LJ was an instant hit when he finally got to play despite Dicky V.

In fact, he scored more touchdowns than Bush in a fraction of the playing time.

Brock
04-24-2007, 08:28 PM

Oh, you kid.

KcMizzou
04-24-2007, 08:29 PM
LJ was an instant hit when he finally got to play despite Dicky V.
QFT

beer bacon

Is that so?

LdT in 2002: 451 touches.

LJ in 2006: 457 touches.

Buck
Hell I want to trade LJ.. As for finding every statistic, thats funny that every statistic is proving me right... Your inability to actually watch the games you are spouting knowledge about, you declaring character issues as a factor when not knowing anything about Bushes taking money/ car/ and a house for free while in college after playing football and being an admirer..

LT is the best back in this league and his line is one of the best, the only thing that is OVERRATED is your football knowledge... Oakland is in your teams division and you know NOT A ****ING THING ABOUT THEM...

What do you mean I dont know anything about them? I do suscribe to NFL Ticket, so I watch just about as much football as you.

It was well known by everybody last year that Oakland had a top 10 Pass defense but a very poor Rush Defense, I would even say they were a bottom 10 Rush D last year. Go ahead, check the stats and get back to me.

Valiant
04-24-2007, 08:31 PM

Ahaha...

So LJ doesn't play because of Priest and does bad by your standards..

ahahha... That is your whole basis that LJ is bad now, is because he did not start????

Is this opinionated like Bush because you played football with him...

Skip Towne
04-24-2007, 08:32 PM
QFT
The hardheaded stance by DV of not playing LJ until he absolutely had to caused me to start calling him VD instead of DV. It's amazing he was even a .500 coach with his stupid decisions.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 08:33 PM
It was well known by everybody last year that Oakland had a top 10 Pass defense but a very poor Rush Defense, I would even say they were a bottom 10 Rush D last year. Go ahead, check the stats and get back to me.

Here's your problem again, retard. Stop reading stats and watch some ****ing games.

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Ahaha...

So LJ doesn't play because of Priest and does bad by your standards..

ahahha... That is your whole basis that LJ is bad now, is because he did not start????

Is this opinionated like Bush because you played football with him...

Think about this.

Reggie Bush isnt the starter either. Every time he comes in the Defense keys on him. It truly is very situational.

When LJ first came in the hoopla wasnt as big around him.

And I already admitted to being biased with Bush, do I have to say it again?

KcMizzou
04-24-2007, 08:34 PM
The hardheaded stance by DV of not playing LJ until he absolutely had to caused me to start calling him VD instead of DV. It's amazing he was even a .500 coach with his stupid decisions.Yeah. I liked DV, but he came off as a stubborn bastard that hurt the team.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Think about this.

Reggie Bush isnt the starter either. Every time he comes in the Defense keys on him. It truly is very situational.

When LJ first came in the hoopla wasnt as big around him.

And I already admitted to being biased with Bush, do I have to say it again?

Keep making excuses for Reggie Bush...

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Here's your problem again, retard. Stop reading stats and watch some ****ing games.

So the Raiders allowing over 100 Yards rushing in almost every single game doesnt count for anything?

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Keep making excuses for Reggie Bush...

**** Reggie Bush, this isnt about him. I've already admitted I am biased when it comes to him.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 08:40 PM
So the Raiders allowing over 100 Yards rushing in almost every single game doesnt count for anything?

Yep. They spent all day on the field.

I certainly know LJ didn't bust any 45-yard runs against them as he did against St. Louis, either.

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Yep. They spent all day on the field.

I certainly know LJ didn't bust any 45-yard runs against them as he did against St. Louis, either.

LT had a 58 yarder and a 44 yarder against the Raiders...

Hammock Parties
04-24-2007, 08:42 PM
**** Reggie Bush, this isnt about him. I've already admitted I am biased when it comes to him.

Tap-out acknowledged. Concession accepted.

Valiant
04-24-2007, 08:42 PM

Thats the problem, he didn't.. He says he did but everything he types is saying he didn't.. He probably watched Reggie and the Charger games and thats about it...

Oaklands rushing Defense avg, was 13th to St. Louis being 31st... Funny that teams would keep running the ball on them when they were losing.. Oh thats because they were only second to Indy in the regular season for suckage...

Keading, just walk away from the thread... We are happy you are in love with Bush and he will when giving the chance become a great player and leave it at that...

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Thats the problem, he didn't.. He says he did but everything he types is saying he didn't.. He probably watched Reggie and the Charger games and thats about it...

Oaklands rushing Defense avg, was 13th to St. Louis being 31st... Funny that teams would keep running the ball on them when they were losing.. Oh thats because they were only second to Indy in the regular season for suckage...

Keading, just walk away from the thread... We are happy you are in love with Bush and he will when giving the chance become a great player and leave it at that...

Whatever, Im done. Your just a thick skulled fan who knows nothing about me and won't give way at all, so why should I even try?

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:47 PM

Actually im not done. You are looking too much into statistics...oh wait this sounds familiar.

Valiant
04-24-2007, 08:47 PM
LT had a 58 yarder and a 44 yarder against the Raiders...

San Diego also had the best line in the league last year rushing... And even with those two runs, St. Louis rushing D was way worse.. Why is that??? The Rams also gave up way more 20+ runs on the ground then the Raiders even though they were ran on way less the Raiders... Again you would have had to watch the games to see that the Rams rush D was WAY WORSE then Oakland...

I am not saying Oakland was a top ten rush defense, they were middle of the pack... Would have been better if not for a shitty Offense, but the Rams were by far one of the worst teams in the NFL last year on Defense...

You do know you are making me talk positive about a team I hate right???

Braincase
04-24-2007, 08:48 PM
If Detroit comes strolling in offering two firsts and a third for LJ, you take it. PERIOD.

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:49 PM
San Diego also had the best line in the league last year rushing... And even with those two runs, St. Louis rushing D was way worse.. Why is that??? The Rams also gave up way more 20+ runs on the ground then the Raiders even though they were ran on way less the Raiders... Again you would have had to watch the games to see that the Rams rush D was WAY WORSE then Oakland...

I am not saying Oakland was a top ten rush defense, they were middle of the pack... Would have been better if not for a shitty Offense, but the Rams were by far one of the worst teams in the NFL last year on Defense...

You do know you are making me talk positive about a team I hate right???

Its all a wash, you wanna tell me stats mean nothing, then you bring up stats to back up your arguments. I'm willing to drop this whole thing right now if you admit you are contradicting yourself.

Valiant
04-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Whatever, Im done. Your just a thick skulled fan who knows nothing about me and won't give way at all, so why should I even try?

Try??? The only problem is you think the RAms rush D is better then Oaklands...

I could care less about your biased opinions on Reggie Bush...

Go ask any other football board who was worse at stopping the run last year between Oakland and St. Louis...

I have the feeling it will be about 95% in the rams favor...

KChiefsQT
04-24-2007, 08:51 PM

Make sense?

Nope, if the D, *run or pass* is already drained from being run over all game, chances of gaining only 0-2 yards on them in slim. 5+ more likely, especially with a back like LJ who's first step is 3 yards in itself... hah!

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Try??? The only problem is you think the RAms rush D is better then Oaklands...

I could care less about your biased opinions on Reggie Bush...

Go ask any other football board who was worse at stopping the run last year between Oakland and St. Louis...

I have the feeling it will be about 95% in the rams favor...

When did I ever say the Rams Rush D was better. All I ever said is that there was a slight differential in Rush yards given up.

Valiant
04-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Its all a wash, you wanna tell me stats mean nothing, then you bring up stats to back up your arguments. I'm willing to drop this whole thing right now if you admit you are contradicting yourself.

No, you are not reading the stats correctly....

You have to look at a whole after watching the games...

The Raiders offense sucked bad, their Defense was on the field all the time because of it..

They were last in TOP because of it...

Meaning that got and extra 10-15 plays against them per game...

Those plays are the only reason why the total stats are even close, and that is what you are basing your reason on...

Brock
04-24-2007, 08:53 PM

You compare your mop up back to Larry Johnson and call him thick skulled? That's pretty funny.

Adept Havelock
04-24-2007, 08:54 PM
If Detroit comes strolling in offering two firsts and a third for LJ, you take it. PERIOD.

Yes indeed. Even Matt Millen's not that stupid. Dammit.

Valiant
04-24-2007, 08:54 PM
When did I ever say the Rams Rush D was better. All I ever said is that there was a slight differential in Rush yards given up.

See previous post, that is why the rush yards were close... As a team, the Raiders were leaps and bounds better then the RAms....

Valiant
04-24-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm showering and heading to the bar.. Hopefully your wives are still at home with you all...

Buck
04-24-2007, 08:55 PM
No, you are not reading the stats correctly....

You have to look at a whole after watching the games...

The Raiders offense sucked bad, their Defense was on the field all the time because of it..

They were last in TOP because of it...

Meaning that got and extra 10-15 plays against them per game...

Those plays are the only reason why the total stats are even close, and that is what you are basing your reason on...

And as I already stated in Garbage time, teams run, and by watching so many games I know that they run right up the gut, and usually dont get more than 2 ypc.

Whatever. I lose. Later.

Adept Havelock
04-24-2007, 08:56 PM
As a team, the Raiders were leaps and bounds better then the RAms....
Well, on the defensive side.

Isn't that like comparing Chlymidia with Herpes?

Whatever. I lose. Later.

Just remember, LT is not the greatest. (J.Brown=GRBOAT) :D

Iowanian
04-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Lets see....

Alot of players in the locker room are reported not to like him. He's supposedly able to void the final 2 years of his contract, doesn't act like he likes Kansas City at all(wants to be a supahstah in the big city with his boyfriend JZ).....he's likely to cost a cubic shitton of money on the new contract he wants, he's in his upper 20s and had enough carries to historically shorten his career.

He's a great runner, but he doesn't seem to want to pass block....

I don't blame the Chiefs for trying to get value if he's likely to leave next year anyway.

Buy Low, Sell HIGH.

OctoberFart
04-25-2007, 08:13 AM

Raiders Run D vs St Louis

LT 2x, LJ 2x, Denver Bell/Combo 2x vs the Gore 2x, Morris 2x(maybe Alexander once), and the most overrated RB in the league Edge 2x.

Oakland has a very good Defense and shouldn't even be compared to ST Louis D.

Iowanian
04-25-2007, 09:04 AM
None of that negates the fact that rai der and donk fans are usually concieved in the rectum of a transient who enters intoxication induced nocternal rest face down in front of an eggo fan.

Bowser
04-25-2007, 09:04 AM

1. LT
2. Frank Gore
3. Maurice Drew
4. Reggie Bush
5. Stephen Jackson

Christ.

Every one of those teams, minus Egoo, would start LJ in front of those guys.

DJJasonp
04-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Beyond all of LJ's potential problems for the chiefs.

I dont think gale sayers, walter payton, or Barry Sanders would put up good numbers next year running behind our offensive line.

Not trying to be too pessimistic...just a realist.

OctoberFart
04-25-2007, 12:08 PM
None of that negates the fact that rai der and donk fans are usually concieved in the rectum of a transient who enters intoxication induced nocternal rest face down in front of an eggo fan.

I understand your hate as the Cheating donx and OAKLAND RAIDERS have been superior over the years to the KC QUEEFS. I think your post back is right on though about the LJ situation.

Iowanian
04-25-2007, 12:50 PM
The raiders are selecting in the top 5 most every year...and this year, are the predraft Champs with the 1st selection.

The Faid have only been good about 1 year since Al Davis began shitting in a bag through a tube.

OctoberFart
04-25-2007, 09:12 PM
The raiders are selecting in the top 5 most every year...and this year, are the predraft Champs with the 1st selection.

The Faid have only been good about 1 year since Al Davis began shitting in a bag through a tube.
AFC championship game and a bullsh!t tuck rule call from another and a SB. 3 good teams in 2000's compared to the chiefs 13-3 team and a bunch of mediocre teams.