PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to the draft on Saturday......Who else?

rad
04-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Me and 2 friends are driving down Sat. morning to hopefully get in. We're leaving at 3:30 A.M. to hopefully get in line at 5:00 and get a ticket.

I'm hoping to see some City-dwelling Planet members (ahem,--bill parcells) who may have attended previous drafts to help me out with where to park, how early we should get there, etc.

Hijacking of this thread will not be tolerated, however, it will be graded.

J Diddy
04-25-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm going to drink a draft on saturday

cdcox
04-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Draft... Jets fans...

ROFL

Phobia
04-25-2007, 06:14 PM
You should probably park nearby.

Eleazar
04-25-2007, 06:21 PM
I was there a few weeks ago.

The only parking ideas I have for you are that there were two places near times square, I stayed at the Marquis (Marriott) at Times Square, they have an underground garage there and there's also one across the street (not Broadway, the numbered side streets) next to the little Junior's donut shop, but I don't know about space availability or who is allowed to park in any of them. I think it was next to the Lyceum, but don't quote me on that. It'll be expensive, no doubt. Perhaps $100 for the day.

However, if you do manage to get into a garage in that area, or if you park someplace else and take the subway ($2 a ride, I think, or $7 unlimited rides for one day) you can walk from Times Square just a little ways over to Ave of the Americas. Radio City is there right next to Rockefeller Center. It would be a short walk.

The Bad Guy
04-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Me and 2 friends are driving down Sat. morning to hopefully get in. We're leaving at 3:30 A.M. to hopefully get in line at 5:00 and get a ticket.

I'm hoping to see some City-dwelling Planet members (ahem,--bill parcells) who may have attended previous drafts to help me out with where to park, how early we should get there, etc.

Hijacking of this thread will not be tolerated, however, it will be graded.

You better go earlier than that.

My mother and brother sat in line from midnight the night before the draft to get in.

I went the last 2 years and it was awesome. Plan on staying for Day 2 if you want a guaranteed ticket for next year.

The Bad Guy
04-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Park at the Lincoln Tunnel Park and Ride and take the Bus into the City. The Park in ride is near Giants Stadium. It's cheap, very cheap. It lets you out in the NYC Port Authority and then you can just take a cab to Radio City.

chagrin
04-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Dude that sounds awesome, have a great time!

rad
04-25-2007, 06:49 PM
You better go earlier than that.

My mother and brother sat in line from midnight the night before the draft to get in.

I went the last 2 years and it was awesome. Plan on staying for Day 2 if you want a guaranteed ticket for next year.

It says on NFL.com attendees will not be allowed to line up prior to 5 AM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10078247

The Bad Guy
04-25-2007, 06:51 PM

Think about it, there's no way that they are really going to be able to keep an order of everyone. People will line up whenever they want.

I never had to wait in line, but I can imagine it's a complete circus.

cdcox
04-25-2007, 06:55 PM

Seems like that is a recipie for chaos. If the cops ask anyone who is trying to get in line to move along (how else will you keep them from forming a line), then at 5AM there is going to be pushing and shoving to claim a spot in the line as it is forming. Everyone is going to be trying to form a line at once, and it will be a mess.

rad
04-26-2007, 04:56 AM