PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs offically changing their name. . .

percysnow
04-26-2007, 08:05 AM
to the Cheaps. . .

they better find a way to keep LJ. . .i dont know why everyone on this site seems to think that the chiefs are gonna rebuild with a a couple of lousy draft picks. . if u look back in recent history our only good player to come out of a draft is . . .hmmmm. . . Larry Johnson. . .and now once he's developed into a stud we want to trade him for a couple of never have been, could be's??????? damn this offseason is driving me nutz. . .

and DJ is pretty good, but its too early to tell

oldandslow
04-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Derrick Johnson, Paige, Pollard, Colquit...

We are rebuilding, Percy.

Which, imo, is an excellent idea.

El Jefe
04-26-2007, 08:08 AM
I dont even think he will last 8 years. Thats too much money, I agree he should get paid but man aliven can we come back down to earth for a little bit Larry. The trade talk is speculation, they said on Espn the Chiefs have no interest in trading him. I like Larry too but thats an awful lot of money.

Bowser
04-26-2007, 08:09 AM
I'd take Cheaps over The Kansas City Dumbasses, which is what we will be if we give LJ 34 million in guaranteed money.

ChiTown
04-26-2007, 08:12 AM
I'd take Cheaps over The Kansas City Dumbasses, which is what we will be if we give LJ 34 million in guaranteed money.

:LOL:

Totally agree. If he wants to re-sign for something reasonable, fine. Otherwise, he can GTFO, and we'll take the picks.

percysnow
04-26-2007, 08:16 AM

^^^^all unproven. . .paige and pollard are far from studs yet... colquit is good but a 3rd round pick on a punter

StcChief
04-26-2007, 08:19 AM
LJ doesn't/ hasn't wanted to be here since he got here.

LJ=BS. Go run for somebody else. NJG/Iggles.

No way Chiefs pay him that kinda money. Lamar would roll over in his grave.

Bowser
04-26-2007, 08:19 AM

^^^^all unproven. . .paige and pollard are far from studs yet... colquit is good but a 3rd round pick on a punter

It would be nice if we could have a vested vet All-Pro at every position.

percysnow
04-26-2007, 08:21 AM
paige and pollard havent even been starters for a full season. . .lets not Crown them yet. . and DJ although solid. . hasnt been a game changing LB

Micjones
04-26-2007, 08:24 AM

*Dies*

If we can get a #1 and a #2 for the guy... You move him.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 08:24 AM
If he was a QB sure........you don't build winning teams overpaying your 1 dimensional back that just set a carry record, it's a ridiculously bad idea.

cdcox
04-26-2007, 08:25 AM
The Chiefs are not contenders during the time LJ is at his peak. By the time we've developed and acquired the players needed to contend, LJ will be used up. It is a simple matter of the timing being wrong to justify such a huge investment. Unfortunate, but that is the NFL.

el borracho
04-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Q: How is percysnow's brain like his rep?

A: They are both disabled.

Bowser
04-26-2007, 08:26 AM
If he was a QB sure........you don't build winning teams overpaying your 1 dimensional back that just set a carry record, it's a ridiculously bad idea.

Agreed.

I'm a fan of his play, but he still isn't even in Tomlinson's league.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 08:28 AM
*Dies*

If we can get a #1 and a #2 for the guy... You move him.

If he tells other teams that's his contract demand his trade value just plummeted like a skydiver with no parachute........

I'd let him walk for nothing before I gave him 80 million dollars.

percysnow
04-26-2007, 08:33 AM
that guy carried our team last year running into unblocked d-linemen 30 plus times a game. . breaking records for carries. . and he wants to and deseves to be paid. . they will prob negotiate, but 34 guarenteed is well worth it to me. . .how quickly we forget

Mecca
04-26-2007, 08:34 AM
that guy carried our team last year running into unblocked d-linemen 30 plus times a game. . breaking records for carries. . and he wants to and deseves to be paid. . they will prob negotiate, but 34 guarenteed is well worth it to me. . .how quickly we forget

You wanna pull up the history on the longevity of RB's? Especially ones that did what he just did......if anything last year is a huge red flag to not pay him. It may sound like a dick move but it's the smart move.

BigChiefFan
04-26-2007, 08:38 AM
$80 million for that playoff performance? Pound sand, LJ.

Fish
04-26-2007, 08:40 AM

There are lots of hungry young RBs that would give their all to have the opportunity to run into unblocked d-linemen 30 plus times a game. . breaking records for carries. . and I would bet there are quite a few who could do a comparable job.... and maybe block on pass plays as well....

There were lots of fans that thought Addai would never ever replace Edge.....

Mecca
04-26-2007, 08:42 AM
The Colts are a good example of showing the values of positions they had 4 players to resign....Manning is still there, Harrison is still there, Wayne is still there.....James is the one who's not......

They chose Reggie Wayne over Edge James that should tell you about positional value.

OnTheWarpath15
04-26-2007, 08:44 AM
If he tells other teams that's his contract demand his trade value just plummeted like a skydiver with no parachute........

I'd let him walk for nothing before I gave him 80 million dollars.

Yep.

Like I said in the other thread, we'll be lucky to get much better than the 3/3/7 deal Buffalo got for McGahee.

At this point, any decent offer may have to be taken, just to keep from getting nothing.....

cdcox
04-26-2007, 08:49 AM
The Colts are a good example of showing the values of positions they had 4 players to resign....Manning is still there, Harrison is still there, Wayne is still there.....James is the one who's not......

They chose Reggie Wayne over Edge James that should tell you about positional value.

I think the value of positions depends of the offense. The Colts have invested in Manning, so it is smart for them to pay for good targets. Wayne was also at the peak of his productivity when signed, as opposed to a 7yr RB, who was probably on the down hill side of his career. For a team like the Chiefs, if they were in contention and it came down to signing a good back or a good #2 reciever, I think you'd take the good back as long as he wasn't as old as Edge.

But the Chiefs are not in contention, so $34M guaranteed does not make sense.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Is that reciever as good as Reggie Wayne? I don't really consider him a 2 he's better than alot of 1's.

StcChief
04-26-2007, 08:54 AM
LJ is pricing himself outta KC just like he planned all along.

Waiting for the 'Dissing talk' to begin by LJ about KC once he's on East Coast.

Warrior5
04-26-2007, 09:19 AM

- DJ has proven himself as a starter for two years now, including starting his rookie season, and he's not even close to his prime yet.

- Colquitt has been pure gold for the Chiefs, and again, he will only get better. I'm very happy the Chiefs spent a 3rd round pick on him.

- Page and Pollard will get the opportunity to shine this season and next...jury is still out on them, but I'm happy with everything I've seen so far.

Back to LJ: he deserves more $. But he doesn't deserve what he's asking. I expect Carl to offer him more, but not anything close to what we've seen published so far. It's all negotiation posturing at this point.

stlchiefs
04-26-2007, 09:37 AM
No mention of Hali with all the talk about draft picks? What about Jared Allen (who produces on the field).

whtgldwldr
04-26-2007, 09:48 AM
I won't argue that LJ deserves some friggin money. He carried this team, on his back, into 11 man fronts.

However, for a guy with the tendency to just not try whenever he doesn't like the gameplan (watch the indy tape and tell me LJ gave it his all...) we don't need to cripple our cap numbers for the better part of the next decade to keep him around.

I would be almost devestated to see him gone, but i would be more devestated to run him into the ground in two or three years then still have to pay him for another five...making all-pro quarterback money.

We are rebuilding from the ground up this year, and if that means letting go of one of the better players on this team to do so...then so be it. Gimme as much as I can for the guy and get him the hell out.

P.S. It might help if DV came back to tell him to get his diapers off...just a thought.

Dartgod
04-26-2007, 10:02 AM
paige and pollard havent even been starters for a full season. . .lets not Crown them yet. . and DJ although solid. . hasnt been a game changing LB
If you wanna crown 'em, then crown their ass!

dj56dt58
04-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Is he worth it? I think so. Is he worth it to us? no..we have too many holes to fill to tie up our money in one player

Mr. Laz
04-26-2007, 10:25 AM
and this couldn't be included in the other thread dedicated to LJ's contract?

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2007, 12:04 PM

^^^^all unproven. . .paige and pollard are far from studs yet... colquit is good but a 3rd round pick on a punterWow. You are unequivocally not smart...

greg63
04-26-2007, 01:13 PM
I dont even think he will last 8 years. Thats too much money, I agree he should get paid but man aliven can we come back down to earth for a little bit Larry. The trade talk is speculation, they said on Espn the Chiefs have no interest in trading him. I like Larry too but thats an awful lot of money.

Especially if they continue to play him like they did last season. (400+ carries.)

Logical
04-26-2007, 01:24 PM
The Chiefs are not contenders during the time LJ is at his peak. By the time we've developed and acquired the players needed to contend, LJ will be used up. It is a simple matter of the timing being wrong to justify such a huge investment. Unfortunate, but that is the NFL.Well stated Mr. cdcox

OctoberFart
04-26-2007, 02:48 PM
I agree that KC needs to give LJ the MAX contract but I disagree on the name change. Should be Kansas SH!tty Queefs.

J Diddy
04-26-2007, 02:52 PM
I agree that KC needs to give LJ the MAX contract but I disagree on the name change. Should be Kansas SH!tty Queefs.

You should change your name to Asswind

Pitt Gorilla
04-26-2007, 02:58 PM
I heard Jamal Anderson is available.

milkman
04-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Q: How is percysnow's brain like his rep?

A: They are both disabled.

LMAO

So true.

milkman
04-26-2007, 06:31 PM

Yeah, that guy carried our team to that spectacular 9-7 season.

Thank goodness every other shitty playoff contender shit their pants in the last game of the regular season so that the Chiefs, and LJ in particular, could embarrass themselves against the Colts in the first round.

Hammock Parties
04-26-2007, 06:31 PM
RaidersRock was right. We ARE the cheaps.

milkman
04-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Is he worth it? I think so. Is he worth it to us? no..we have too many holes to fill to tie up our money in one player

There isn't a RB in the league I'd sign to an 8 year contract.

You can't expect any of them to stay at the top of their game for that length of time.

5 years would be the max, with increments of 3 years after that.

But in LJ's case, 5 years will more than liklely be too long with the number of carries he will likely amass over that time span.

Hammock Parties
04-26-2007, 06:37 PM
I doubt LJ will see most of that money. You know how these deals are set up. It's probably in reality a 5-year deal.

Skip Towne
04-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Why doesn't this toll get banned?

milkman
04-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I doubt LJ will see most of that money. You know how these deals are set up. It's probably in reality a 5-year deal.

If he signed an 8 year contract that included 34 mil guaranteed, if he's released after year 5, that's still a fairly substantial cap hit with the acceleration.

If he restructures after 5, that's just shifting money, and you'll still be stuck with a hit somewhere.

Tribal Warfare
04-26-2007, 07:08 PM
I'd take Cheaps over The Kansas City Dumbasses,

You mean Chumps :D

Mecca
04-26-2007, 07:16 PM
When fans of the other teams want you to sign a deal that should be a sign of how bad it is.......

greg63
04-27-2007, 07:34 PM
You mean Chumps :D

...Chimps.

picasso
04-27-2007, 09:38 PM

MORON!!
Pollard actually won a game single handed for us last year out of that pathetic mess of geezers we had assembled on both defense and offense.
You don't know what the hell your talking about. STFU

J Diddy
04-27-2007, 10:42 PM

I think his name should be changed to AssWind

kcxiv
04-28-2007, 12:18 AM

Colquit is well worth a 3rd rounder. Dude is a bad ass Punter, we dont have to worry about crappy punting for about hell probalby 10 years.

Rausch
04-28-2007, 12:44 AM

Because no one's crossed him yet?...