View Full Version : *** OFFICIAL 2007 NFL Draft Thread, for Apr 28-29***

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Consult the "Draft Planet" forum for background info and links beyond these:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Useful "Draft Links" at: http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm

Soooooooooo......

The Chiefs rebuild under Herm Edwards....will trade Trent Green to Miami for additional picks (it seems); and are willing to "dangle" LJ for a Hershel Walker/Ricky Williams type deal (but probably just 'posturing' in the end)....so we are left with (at the moment) SEVEN picks in seven rounds.

(23)
(54)
(82)From St. Louis
(148)from Buffalo through St. Louis
(160)
(196)
(231)

WHO should the Chiefs draft?

WHAT do you think of who they DID draft?

Will these picks HELP the "youth movement" toward a true SuperBowl contender?

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Thoughts, questions, comments....rants and raves, to be included as posts below....

Are you ready??? :)

I am...let's go....PBJ PBJ PBJ

ChiefsFire
04-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Bring it on...

The tv and the laptop will be running....please no power outage

Rausch
04-26-2007, 10:08 PM
1) DT
2) WR
3) FB
4) RT
5) OG

After that I'll have gone completely litterbox anyway...

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Bring it on...

The tv and the laptop will be running....please no power outage

I've told the wife....3-midnight Saturday; Noon-10 pm or so on Sunday....don't BOTHER me. Unless you are feeling "frisky," baby. ;)

|Zach|
04-26-2007, 10:10 PM
I work at 3 that afternoon. Sounds like thats about the time the Chiefs would be picking...you folks think?

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2007, 10:12 PM
1) DT
2) WR
3) FB
4) RT
5) OG

I like the way you think, Brad....just wondering, if for this Offense....if Cruz & Wilson are "enough" at FB (to warrant waiting untill the second day, at least).....:hmmm:

I work at 3 that afternoon. Sounds like thats about the time the Chiefs would be picking...you folks think?

Between 2 and 4 pm....unless there's a whole lot of trades in the early picks. :hmmm:

ChiefsFire
04-26-2007, 10:12 PM
I've told the wife....3-midnight Saturday; Noon-10 pm or so on Sunday....don't BOTHER me. Unless you are feeling "frisky," baby. ;)
Be careful...

Suppose we trade up without you knowing it while you are...well you now...you come back and find out.....how much would that suck er uh not be good??

Rausch
04-26-2007, 10:13 PM

I bought the whife one of those back massagers that can crack concrete for just this reason.

Plug and play baby, I'll cover the extra on the electric bill...

ChiefsFire
04-26-2007, 10:14 PM
1) DT
2) WR
3) FB
4) RT
5) OG

FB?

isnt Boomer the reincarnate of T-Rich??

Rausch
I like the way you think, Brad....just wondering, if for this Offense....if Cruz & Wilson are "enough" at FB (to warrant waiting untill the second day, at least).....:hmmm:

Between 2 and 4 pm....unless there's a whole lot of trades in the early picks. :hmmm:

There's a guy this year that reminds me SOOOOOOOO much of Kimble Anders and would be perfect for our offense. I'll mention no names, Carl reads this BB and lives only to squash my dreams.

Mr. Kotter
Be careful...

Suppose we trade up without you knowing it while you are...well you now...you come back and find out.....how much would that suck er uh not be good??
Well...that would suck. But two of my kids have soccer games (both at 3PM)....so I'll probably have to see it late anyway...:banghead:

The point is, AFTER that....the wife and fam need to do their "invisible" act.....:p

There's a guy this year that reminds me SOOOOOOOO much of Kimble Anders and would be perfect for our offense. I'll mention no names, Carl reads this BB and lives only to squash my dreams.

PM me then...:p

Rausch
04-26-2007, 10:16 PM
FB?

isnt Boomer the reincarnate of T-Rich??

The idea of even putting Boomer at FB says what for Bigfoot?

Rausch
04-26-2007, 10:17 PM
PM me then...:p

No way. No names.

He's the only college FB to be considered a HB talent with EXCELLENT hands out of the backfield.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:18 PM
You know if every team took the entire time they could the draft could last 16 hours just on day 1, especially with trades

ChiefsFire
04-26-2007, 10:18 PM
The idea of even putting Boomer at FB says what for Bigfoot?

More of a threat in two tight end sets....

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2007, 10:25 PM
No way. No names.

He's the only college FB to be considered a HB talent with EXCELLENT hands out of the backfield.
The ONLY first day prospects that fit that mold....are either Leonard or McClain....but 3 round would be high for either. Maybe Leonard, not so much...:hmmm:

Demonpenz
04-26-2007, 10:28 PM
the dude from rutgers is going in the first round

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2007, 10:31 PM

To who?

I've got him as a late 2nd rounder, maybe 3rd rounder.... :shrug:

Rausch
04-26-2007, 10:40 PM

I'm also big on Snelling and DeShawn Wynn.

keg in kc
04-26-2007, 10:43 PM
I'll be at work. Again. I think the '02 draft was the last one I was able to watch at home.

Rausch
04-26-2007, 10:47 PM
I'll be at work. Again. I think the '02 draft was the last one I was able to watch at home.

I've found that working on draft day improves the resale value of your home.

Just throwing that out there...

OnTheWarpath15
04-26-2007, 10:54 PM
To who?

I've got him as a late 2nd rounder, maybe 3rd rounder.... :shrug:

He was slated for the first at one time (Patriots), but has since dropped a bit.

Scott Wright of NFL Draft Countdown has him going #51 to the Giants.

He and Rick Gosselin are usually the most accurate guys in the business, so I'd bet he's at least gone by the time we pick in the second at #54.

Fish
04-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Draft humor... from KSK....

The draft is finally here this week. Hey, nice job making us wait two months longer than is necessary, NFL! I really wanted to wait week after agonizing week until the draft finally showed up on what will inevitably be the nicest day of spring. Asses. This week, we’ll be asking notable celebrities from the world of TV, politics, and more to give us their thoughts on this year’s selection meeting. Next up: actor and model parent Alec Baldwin.

"Hey I wanna tell you draftees something okay, and I wanna leave a message for you right now because again its 10:30 here in New York on a Wednesday and once again I've made an ass of myself trying to see you assholes work out at a specific time. When the time comes for me to come see you little ****ers lift weights, or run on turf, or do vertical leaps, or eat as many blueberry pies as you can, I stop whatever I'm doing and I go and I grab my short shorts, clipboard, and stopwatch. And I come to the Notre Dame or Ohio State or whatever the **** it is campus at eleven-o-clock in the morning and you and your pathetic Zionist Jew agent (who probably has no sympathy at all for the plight of the Palestinians) aren’t there and you don't even have your god damn phone turned on. How dare you insult me. I was nominated for an Oscar. You majored in kinesiology. Advantage: Me.

“I want you to know something okay, I'm tired of playing this game with you. Especially you, Alan Branch. Your leg is ****ed and I know it. I'm leaving this message with you to tell you, you little shits have insulted me for the last time. You have insulted me, you don’t have the brains or the decency as a human being, I don't give a damn if you're 22-years-old, or 23-years-old, or 27-years-old if you went to Oklahoma State, or that you have the mental capacity of a small child like my useless daughter Ireland, or that Jim Tressel is a thoughtless pain in the ass, who doesn't care about what you do as far as I'm concerned, you have humiliated me for the last time with this workout, and when I come out there next week, I'm gonna fly out there for the day just to straighten you out on this issue.

“I'm gonna let you know just how disappointed in you I am and how angry I am with you that you've done this to me again. I have a mock draft that I show to everyone that is always at least 22% percent accurate, and you are ****ing it up. You have made me feel like shit and you have made me feel like a fool over and over and over again, and this crap you pull on me with this god damn work out situation that you would never dream of doing to Ron Wolf and you do it to me constantly, and over and over again. **** you all. I’m not gonna record any more joke answering machine messages for you and your friends. Nor will I do my underrated DeNiro impression for you, nor will I recite any lines from “Glengarry Glen Ross” for you. Kiss my black ass.

“I am gonna get on a plane or I am gonna come out there for the day and I'm gonna straighten your ass out when I see you, do you understand me? I'm gonna really make sure you get it. I’m gonna slim down to my Jack Ryan/”Miami Blues” weight and grab your sorry ass by the lapels and paralyze you with my intense gaze. Then I'm gonna get on a plane and I'm gonna turn around and I'm gonna come home. Then I’m going to make a pasta salad. So you better be ready Saturday, the 28th, to meet with me so I'm gonna let you know just how I feel about what rude little pigs you really are. You are rude thoughtless little pigs, okay. Especially Jamarcus. He’s very piggy."

http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/04/ksk-celebrity-draft-analyst-alec.html

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:59 PM
The Pats have had Brandon Merriweather in for 3 visits I'm about 99% sure he's going to be one of thier picks.

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2007, 11:34 PM
He was slated for the first at one time (Patriots), but has since dropped a bit.

Scott Wright of NFL Draft Countdown has him going #51 to the Giants.

He and Rick Gosselin are usually the most accurate guys in the business, so I'd bet he's at least gone by the time we pick in the second at #54.
If Gosselin says he's gone; I trust that....

I'm fine with Cruz & "Big Foot" Wilson as our FB for next year. Especially given our needs on the OL, DL, and CBs....:banghead:

Rausch
04-26-2007, 11:36 PM
If Gosselin says he's gone; I trust that....

I'm fine with Cruz & "Big Foot" Wilson as our FB for next year. Especially gien our needs on the OL, DL, and CBs....:banghead:

Cruz is still on roster?

Rausch
04-26-2007, 11:37 PM

Crank is a ****ing horrible drug...

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2007, 11:57 PM

I'll bet Alec Baldwin LOVED that piece. ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2007, 11:57 PM
I'll bet Alec Baldwin LOVED that piece. ROFL

I'll bet Kim and Ireland loved it even more.

kcxiv
04-27-2007, 12:08 AM
I want Dwayne Jarret. Something about him i like.

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2007, 12:57 AM
I want Dwayne Jarret. Something about him i like.

Yeah. Me too. :thumb:

Demonpenz
04-27-2007, 12:58 AM
I love dwayne jarrett. He reminds me of gamebreakers like lendale white and mike williams. Cut from the same zig zag I suppose

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2007, 06:30 AM
I love dwayne jarrett. He reminds me of gamebreakers like lendale white and mike williams. Cut from the same zig zag I suppose

I understand your skepticism. And you could be correct.

Penn State RBs use to suck too, though. :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Anyone know much about this guy? To me, he sounds like an intriguing mid-round pick, at a position of need...:hmmm:

Defensive Tackle | Senior | Oklahoma St.

Ryan McBean

Height: 6-43/8 | Weight: 286 | 40-Time: 4.98

Official Bio (http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1421&SPID=143&DB_OEM_ID=200&ATCLID=138743&Q_SEASON=2006)

Strengths:
Very athletic...Has great quickness and a burst...Has good strength...Stout at the point of attack and holds his ground...Mobile with good range in pursuit...He has a solid motor and is very active...Plays with good leverage...Still has a lot of upside.

Weaknesses:
Needs to get a little bigger and bulk up...Inconsistent and doesn't always play up to his immense talent...Wasn't very productive...Instincts and play recognition are questionable...Does not use his hands well...Raw and far from a finished product.

Notes:
Originally from Jamaica...A junior college transfer who has only played two years of Division I football...Possible 3-technique tackle in a 4-3 scheme or an end in the 3-4...Typical workout warrior who has great physical tools but his play on the field won't always reflect it...Could get drafted much earlier than expected if teams fall in love with his measurables and potential...Is probably a boom or bust prospect.
<HR>

Mr. Laz
04-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Kotter trying to talk football

ROFL

Chiefnj
04-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Anyone know much about this guy? <HR>

His natural ability is akin to Hillary Clinton's debate skills.
His pass rush ability is like Obama's personality.
His run defense is similar to Romney's position on international trade.

I tried to put into terms you'd understand.

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Kotter trying to talk football

ROFL

:spock:

I'm more active in DC during the off-season, yes.

I don't know where you get the idea I don't "talk football" though....unless you just aren't paying attention. It was less last season, but....I'm hardly jAZ or Duhnise..... :shrug:

Mr. Laz
04-27-2007, 10:29 AM
:spock:

I'm more active in DC during the off-season, yes.

I don't know where you get the idea I don't "talk football" though....unless you just aren't paying attention. It was less last season, but....I'm hardly jAZ or Duhnise..... :shrug:
dude ...... joke ..... chill

:p

Hammock Parties
04-27-2007, 10:31 AM
This will be my first draft in HD.

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2007, 10:31 AM
dude ...... joke ..... chill

:p

I guess my humor/sarcasm meter needs calibrated today. My bad. :banghead:

eazyb81
04-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Anyone know much about this guy? To me, he sounds like an intriguing mid-round pick, at a position of need...:hmmm:

Defensive Tackle | Senior | Oklahoma St.

Ryan McBean

<HR>

I like him as a player, but he might be a better fit as an end in a 3-4. IMO, he doesn't have the right size to be a DT in a 4-3. He should be a good mid-round guy, though.

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2007, 11:10 AM
I like him as a player, but he might be a better fit as an end in a 3-4. IMO, he doesn't have the right size to be a DT in a 4-3. He should be a good mid-round guy, though.His "strengths" and "upside" just stand out to me....as the kind of player Herm likes, and one that could really come on....maybe as a John Randle type of player--if he were to bulk up a bit (al-la, Keith Traylor.)

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2007, 02:36 PM
This will be my first draft in HD.

Holy, crap. :banghead:

Even Clayton has HD....I guess I'm gonna have to finally take the plunge. :(

kcxiv
04-27-2007, 02:48 PM
watching sports in HD just owns. I am getting the Floyd/Oscar fight on the 65 inch in HD. I cant wait.

Mecca
04-27-2007, 02:56 PM
I understand your skepticism. And you could be correct.

Penn State RBs use to suck too, though. :hmmm:

You know I think a problem with the Chiefs is they haven't drafted any players from those schools that are dominant and putting tons of players in the league........USC and Miami, to name 2.

Miami put something like what 15 first rounders in 3 years in the league and we didn't take one....

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2007, 03:09 PM
You know I think a problem with the Chiefs is they haven't drafted any players from those schools that are dominant and putting tons of players in the league........USC and Miami, to name 2.

Miami put something like what 15 first rounders in 3 years in the league and we didn't take one....

Lets go by conferences, in the last 5 years.

Chiefs - ACC with 7

5 teams best at drafting
Ravens - Big 12/Pac-10 7
Patriots - Big 12 9
Eagles - SEC 8
Chargers - Big 12 10
Bears - SEC 8

I think if the Chiefs would stay with Big 12 and SEC sprinkled in with some Pac 10 and Big Ten players we would have better drafts.

Mr. Laz
04-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Holy, crap. :banghead:

Even Clayton has HD....I guess I'm gonna have to finally take the plunge. :(
it's still a bit of a pain ... not all channels have HD

different cable/satellite equipment needed in addition to t.v.

seeing HD t.v. picture with a normal signal in a must before buying .... most places have t.v. hooked up to DVD movies ... makes most t.v. look good. Gotta see how well the t.v. shows no HD shows.

existing universal remotes tend to not work with new HD units in my experience.

HD t.v. tend to take time to power up ..... not instant on.

different wires ..... using standard coax using trashes the HD signal. Gotta switch to HDMI/DVI/RCA etc. IIRC HDMI has stuff that prevents recording HD stuff i think.

the quality of the HD picture varies drastically depending on how good the Cameras are and how good the transfer to your TV is. I've see some very crappy HD pictures when compared to NBA or Super bowl stuff.

it's just kinda sucks to switch

that said HD sports are fantastic

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2007, 05:45 PM

I'd agree. I think somewhere along the way....they've had some good luck with a couple of reaches, or developmental sorts of prospects from small schools (the latest with Jared Allen)...and so they seem to try to "out think" themselves.

That's one of the things I like about Herm; he seems to be more of a film guy....and I think he's less likely to take a chance on a "project" or someone with some bright red flags (on character, or injury questions.) If Peterson defers to Herm....I think we'll continue to see more solid and experienced prospects. He strikes me as someone who's less interested in the "wow" factor of impressive workout warriors or combine studs.....and more focused on consistency of play, level of competition, and guys who are proven football players....and less focused on guys who may have a lot of "upside" but have nagging questions or issues.

So as a result, I do think we'll see more picks from places like....Penn State, UCLA, and Purdue....and less from Arkansas Pine-Bluff, or a one year starter who warmed the bench for three years at OU, or someone who's a physical specimen but not real experienced.

JMHO

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2007, 09:08 PM
watching sports in HD just owns. I am getting the Floyd/Oscar fight on the 65 inch in HD. I cant wait.
I've got some homework to do before I take the dive; but, yeah, boxing on HD would rock. :hmmm:

it's just kinda sucks to switch

that said HD sports are fantastic

Yeah, it's the switch that's messin' with me; I just haven't read about the switch yet....so I got some catch up to do.

Stinger
04-27-2007, 10:08 PM
I may be out by the time the Chiefs pick so I go ahead and say it and get it out of the way.

Damnit Carl!!!!!!!!!! :cuss:

:D

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2007, 11:10 PM
I may be out by the time the Chiefs pick so I go ahead and say it and get it out of the way.

Damnit Carl!!!!!!!!!! :cuss:

:D

With the possible action and moves we could have at the top of the draft, it could be late tomorrow afternoon before the Chiefs get their shot...

to disappoint us. :(

:banghead:

keg in kc
04-27-2007, 11:12 PM
I wonder what time Green's trade will be made public tomorrow. I'm going to go with 10:45.

blueballs
04-27-2007, 11:30 PM
What's the draft day drinking game
#23 pick could be hazy

blueballs
04-27-2007, 11:35 PM
the pussifacation of CP
this spam has gone unchallenged

Mecca
04-27-2007, 11:42 PM
For anyone who likes or wants Aaron Ross look at this scouting report from NFL.com.......

Ross not only excelled as a cover cornerback for the Longhorns, but was also a standout as a punt returner, scoring three times on 76 runbacks during his career. His natural hands were evident, as he also deflected 33 passes and intercepted 10 others. Despite only one full season as a starter, he also generated 205 career tackles.

At John Tyler High School, Ross competed as a cornerback, wide receiver and running back during his three-year career. He was tabbed second-team Class 5A All-State after posting six interceptions, three fumble recoveries, three blocked kicks and allowing just one touchdown reception as a senior. He also returned a fumble and a blocked punt for a score in 2000, adding 350 rushing yards (on 46 carries) and five touchdowns and caught five passes for 200 yards and two scores that year.

Ross posted a career-high 362 all-purpose yards against Katy High as a senior and registered three interceptions while rushing for a touchdown against Lufkin High. He added four interceptions, two fumble recoveries and seven blocked kicks as a junior, scoring a total of seven times on offense. His best game was against Marshall, when he amassed 272 all-purpose yards, rushed for a pair of touchdowns and had an interception.

As a sophomore, Ross played at San Antonio Fox Tech. He rushed for 486 yards and nine touchdowns and caught 11 passes for 382 yards and three scores on offense. He also intercepted five passes and blocked 10 kicks. During his time at both schools, he lettered four times as a sprinter in track & field and twice in basketball.

Ross enrolled at Texas in 2002, but was academically ineligible to play. He played in 13 games behind Nathan Vasher at left cornerback in 2003, coming up with 27 tackles (23 solos), a stop for a loss and two pass break-ups. He shared right cornerback duties with Tarell Brown in 2004, appearing in 12 contests. He recorded 36 tackles (28 solos) with an interception and three pass break-ups. He also averaged 7.6 yards on 18 punt returns.

As a junior, Ross earned All-Big 12 Conference honorable mention. He started two games at cornerback and ranked 10th in the nation with a 14.7-yard average on 34 punt returns, returning two for touchdowns. He also had three interceptions with nine pass break-ups. He ranked seventh on the team with 62 tackles (35 solos), adding two stops behind the line of scrimmage.

Finally a full-time starter in 2006, Ross made the most of this opportunity. He earned All-American and All-Big 12 Conference first-team honors, in addition to being named the Thorpe Award winner (the nation's top defensive back). The Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year ranked third on the team with 80 tackles (59 solos). He added a sack, two stops for losses and 19 pass deflections. He caused three fumbles, recovered two and picked off six passes. He also scored once while averaging 10.4 yards on 23 punt returns.

In 51 games at Texas, Ross started 15 times. He registered 205 tackles (145 solos) with a 1-yard sack, five stops for losses of 21 yards and a quarterback pressure. He caused three fumbles and recovered two others, returning one for a touchdown. Ross batted away 33 passes and intercepted 10 others for 111 yards in returns (11.1 avg.). He also returned 76 punts for 893 yards (11.8 avg.) and three scores, adding 53 yards on a pair of kickoff returns (26.5 avg.).

ANALYSIS
Positives: Has as lean, yet athletic frame with room to add at least another 10 pounds of bulk without it affecting his quickness … Excellent playmaker with the ball in his hands on returns (punts, interceptions), as he has that explosive second gear and good forward body lean to hit the seams and gain long yardage … In the open field, he will generally win most foot races … Shows ease of movement agility working in space and has the balance and flexibility to redirect without having to gather … Shows the plant-and-drive agility to come out of his breaks cleanly … Competitive player who plays with an air of confidence … Not the most instinctive player on the field and is slow to diagnose plays, but shows good urgency to close once he locates the ball … Lacks good press coverage technique, but uses his speed well to mirror the receiver throughout the route … Is better in trail technique than in press, as he has the valid feet and loose hips to turn and run without breaking stride … Does a nice job of staying square in his backpedal, as long as he does not revert to a shuffle-and-bail technique (when he does this, he is slow turning on the ball) … Knows how to get vertical, flashing explosion and range with excellent catch-up quickness, showing improved feel for jumping on the cut in 2006 than he did in the past … Has the leaping ability and timing to get to the ball at its high point … Does a good job of tracking the ball in flight, demonstrating and explosive vertical leap to win most jump ball battles … Has the natural hands to extend for the ball outside the frame, but needs to secure it better before heading up field … Lacks the sand in his pants to stack and control in run support, but is willing to throw his body around … More of a grab, drag down tackler, but when he keeps his pads down he can generate some pop on contact … Has the second gear to elude in the open field on returns, reminding some of Chicago's Devin Hester for his ability to put on the afterburners and simply explode with the ball in his hands … Shows very good judgment picking a seam to gain big yardage on his runbacks.

Negatives: Lacks field intelligence and will bite on pump fakes and misdirection … Has a lean frame with marginal playing strength and needs to improve his training room habits (does what is asked, but needs structure) … Struggled with academics earlier and might have problems digesting a complicated playbook … Lacks the upper body strength and hand usage to disengage from blocks … Willing in run support, but will get walled off and washed out of the play in attempts to plug the inside lanes … Marginal tackler who prefers to take a side or grab rather than face up, wrap and secure … Generates a lot of pass interference penalties due to his penchant of constantly grabbing at the receiver's jersey heading down field … Lacks an ideal feel for seeing the plays develop and will need time to learn the proper techniques of diagnosing and reading keys … Has the speed to mirror receivers, but fails to generate the punch to press or the placement to reroute … When he uses a shuffle-and-bail technique, he is slow to come out of his breaks … Liability in zone coverage, as he is late to locate the ball and lacks a good feel for handling the switch-off … Needs to take better angles in attempts to close on the ball … Plays with good aggression, but will get out of control at times and then struggles to recover … Too much of a risk taker, doing a poor job of keeping plays in front of him.

Compares To: Devin Hester, Chicago Bears … A definite lack of man coverage technique, poor route recognition skills, hesitant in zone coverage, poor tackling form and marginal strength are some of the liabilities in these two players' games … Both are blessed with incredible quickness for the return games, but Ross is far from a finished product as a defender … Right now, he brings instant value as a returner and nickel back, but he will need a few years to see if he ever develops into a quality cover defender … There is a lot of Deltha O'Neal in this kid and if you need a shutdown cornerback, you are advised to look elsewhere … In his only year as a starter in 2006, he won the Thorpe Award as the nation's top defensive back, but nothing could be further from the truth … The media seems to get enamored by big returners and pass thieves and Ross is both of those … However, he allowed 51 receptions for 701 yards (13.7 avg.) and five touchdowns in 2006, as 20 of those catches resulted in first downs and 16 were for 10 yards or longer. In addition, he fumbled twice and was penalized four times.

INJURY REPORT
No injuries reported.

AGILITY TESTS
Campus: 4.45 in the 40-yard dash … 275-pound bench press … 425-pound squat … 272-pound power clean … 35½-inch vertical jump.

Combine: 4.54 in the 40-yard dash … 1.58 10-yard dash … 2.63 20-yard dash … 4.15 20-yard shuttle … 6.67 three-cone drill … 34-inch vertical jump … 9-foot-10 broad jump … Bench pressed 225 pounds 17 times.

HIGH SCHOOL
Attended John Tyler (Tyler, Texas) High School, playing football for head coach Allen Wilson … Competed as a cornerback, wide receiver and running back during his three-year career … Tabbed second-team Class 5A All-State after posting six interceptions, three fumble recoveries, three blocked kicks and allowing just one touchdown reception as a senior … Returned a fumble and a blocked punt for a score in 2000, adding 350 rushing yards (on 46 carries) and five touchdowns and caught five passes for 200 yards and two scores that year … Posted a career-high 362 all-purpose yards against Katy High as a senior and registered three interceptions while rushing for a touchdown against Lufkin High that season … Added four interceptions, two fumble recoveries and seven blocked kicks as a junior, scoring a total of seven times on offense … His best game was against Marshall, when he amassed 272 all-purpose yards, rushed for two touchdowns and had an interception … As a sophomore, Ross played at San Antonio Fox Tech. … Rushed for 486 yards and nine touchdowns and caught 11 passes for 382 yards and three scores on offense … Intercepted five passes and blocked 10 kicks … During his time at both schools, he lettered four times as a sprinter in track & field and twice in basketball.

PERSONAL
Education major … Active in UT's community service program, serving as a summer camp counselor (Camp Tyler Summer Camp) … Born Aaron Jermaine Ross on Sept. 15, 1982 in San Antonio, Texas … Resides in Tyler, Texas.

arrowheadaddict
04-27-2007, 11:47 PM
What's the draft day drinking game
#23 pick could be hazy

That might be a good thing. Might let spam (whatever) slip.

Tribal Warfare
04-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Liability in zone coverage

Reason enough for KC to pass

acesn8s
04-28-2007, 02:10 AM
I wonder what time Green's trade will be made public tomorrow. I'm going to go with 10:45.Sunday morning. B4 the forth round starts.

acesn8s
04-28-2007, 02:24 AM
I work at 3 that afternoon. Sounds like thats about the time the Chiefs would be picking...you folks think?:hmmm: I'm guessing .... 1:47pm.

With the 23rd pick of the NFL draft the Kansas City Chiefs pick....
:Lin:

Hammock Parties
04-28-2007, 07:58 AM
I just had a dream about the draft.

We selected Dwayne Jarrett. I'm so happy.

The Dolphins got Quinn, but still traded for Trent. The Jets got Calvin Johnson.

Coach
04-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Guh, I hope that Chris Berman isn't blabbering all over this year's NFL Draft.

boogblaster
04-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Oline Carl u dumb-bastard ....

Hammock Parties
04-28-2007, 08:05 AM
GODDAMMIT CARL! IF YOU PASS ON DWAYNE JARRETT I WILL RIP YOU A NEW ASSHOLE!

cdcox
04-28-2007, 08:25 AM

Isn't going to happen. I hear Carl likes to go to the PlazaIII, you might find him then later in the week.

HolmeZz
04-28-2007, 08:37 AM
I can't remember a draft this unpredictable. A lot of uncertainty.

Mecca
04-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Some new news that is coming out.........

according to mike mayock petersons injury will require his collarbone to be re-broken and a metal plate inserted, he will not be ready to play until 08.

blueballs
04-28-2007, 08:51 AM

hotdog down a hall way

el borracho
04-28-2007, 09:08 AM

according to mike mayock petersons injury will require his collarbone to be re-broken and a metal plate inserted, he will not be ready to play until 08.
Don't tell Carl... he'll take him at 23 in preparation for LJ's departure.

ChiefsCountry
04-28-2007, 09:14 AM
Don't tell Carl... he'll take him at 23 in preparation for LJ's departure.

If he is there at 23 and we dont take him, we are retarded.

the Talking Can
04-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Compares To: Devin Hester, Chicago Bears … A definite lack of man coverage technique, poor route recognition skills, hesitant in zone coverage, poor tackling form and marginal strength are some of the liabilities in these two players' games … Both are blessed with incredible quickness for the return games, but Ross is far from a finished product as a defender … Right now, he brings instant value as a returner and nickel back, but he will need a few years to see if he ever develops into a quality cover defender … There is a lot of Deltha O'Neal in this kid and if you need a shutdown cornerback, you are advised to look elsewhere … In his only year as a starter in 2006, he won the Thorpe Award as the nation's top defensive back, but nothing could be further from the truth … The media seems to get enamored by big returners and pass thieves and Ross is both of those … However, he allowed 51 receptions for 701 yards (13.7 avg.) and five touchdowns in 2006, as 20 of those catches resulted in first downs and 16 were for 10 yards or longer. In addition, he fumbled twice and was penalized four times.

ugh....no thanks

chop
04-28-2007, 09:16 AM
I just had a dream about the draft.

We selected Dwayne Jarrett. I'm so happy.

The Dolphins got Quinn, but still traded for Trent. The Jets got Calvin Johnson.
You better hurry and put that on the premium membership area over at WPI. :D

It's about as credible as anything Nick Athan has ever written about.

the Talking Can
04-28-2007, 09:16 AM

wow...that will shake things up

el borracho
04-28-2007, 09:27 AM
When the heck does this thing get started, anyway?

unothadeal
04-28-2007, 09:39 AM
If the Dolphins get Quinn, does that mean the Trent trade won't happen?

Mecca
04-28-2007, 09:40 AM
When the heck does this thing get started, anyway?

I hope you aren't impatient the Chiefs won't be picking for about 4-5 hours.

htismaqe
04-28-2007, 09:43 AM

There's our 1st rounder...

Hootie
04-28-2007, 09:45 AM
man I'm ****ING psyched...I was out until 5 AM last night but I am up and ready for the long haul!! Requested off the entire weekend for this...

Hammock Parties
04-28-2007, 09:47 AM
DirecTV sucks. No HD for me.

el borracho
04-28-2007, 09:49 AM
If the Dolphins get Quinn, does that mean the Trent trade won't happen?
I can't speak for them, obviously, but if I were the Dolphins GM and I got Quinn I wouldn't trade for Trent.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-28-2007, 09:49 AM
I hope we pick a kicker with our first, we really need a good kicker.

el borracho
04-28-2007, 09:50 AM
I hope you aren't impatient the Chiefs won't be picking for about 4-5 hours.
Well, I don't plan on sitting by the computer all day but I would like to see the top 5 and then I'll just keep checking in throughout the day.

cdcox
04-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Tags looks really well rested.

Skip Towne
04-28-2007, 09:51 AM
man I'm ****ING psyched...I was out until 5 AM last night but I am up and ready for the long haul!! Requested off the entire weekend for this...
So who is cooking the french fries while you are gone?

Hootie
04-28-2007, 09:54 AM
So who is cooking the french fries while you are gone?
No clue.

StcChief
04-28-2007, 09:55 AM
I still see BPA 1st.

chiefqueen
04-28-2007, 09:58 AM
The "draftniks" attending the draft are obviously class acts (/sarcasm), the just booed Bruce Smith & Michael Vick during the VA Tech tribute.

banyon
04-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Okay, Al Davis let's go.

el borracho
Seriously, when does this thing get started?

kstater
The "draftniks" attending the draft are obviously class acts (/sarcasm), the just booed Bruce Smith & Michael Vick during the VA Tech tribute.

Only the best from Jets fans.

the Talking Can
04-28-2007, 10:00 AM

next week

Delano
04-28-2007, 10:01 AM

Oakland is "officially" on the clock at high noon eastern time.

el borracho
next week
Which of you is funnier- you or Laz?

Mecca
The Rocky music amuses me...

Crush
Thank God for the NFL Network. I don't have to listen to Berman and those other douchebags.

Stewie
Let the commercials begin.

el borracho
04-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Oakland is "officially" on the clock at high noon eastern time.
Sooooo... 2 minutes ago?

the Talking Can
Which of you is funnier- you or Laz?

I'd vote for me

Delano
Only the best from Jets fans.

Vick looked like a smug cocksucker that was more worried about which one of his dogs is going to be sacrificed or his next alter ego to pick up prostitutes. I'd boo his ass as he walked off the stage.

Fish
04-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Listen up..... we're on the clock......

bout had a tear in my eye...........

the Talking Can
and the World's biggest sausage party begins

el borracho
I'd vote for me
Ok, that actually was funny.

Delano
04-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Thank God for the NFL Network. I don't have to listen to Berman and those other douchebags.

Yes! I have been eagerly waiting for the opportunity to listen to the dream team of Berman, Young and Keyshawn Johnson for over ten hours! WOO HOO!

Mecca
Hey Keyshawn is on ESPN's coverage that should be good.

Coach
Is there a link where the Planet would have their chatroom?

DaFace?

Crush
04-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Shefter reports that the Jets are trying to move up in the Top 15.

Raiderhater
04-28-2007, 10:06 AM
I'd vote for me

Absolutely. Not even close.

Delano
It's kind of nice to have a little mystery for the first pick. Number one is usually a waste of 15 minutes for the viewers because the choice is already set in stone.

el borracho
Is it just my own misperception or is this a particularly bad draft to move up in? Seems like quite a few of the top dogs have a chance of sliding in the first round this year.

Stewie
04-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Is there a link where the Planet would have their chatroom?

DaFace?

Not many in there, but here it is:

http://ninja.linux-phreak.biz/chat/

the Talking Can
did they card those guys at the raider table?

kids

HolmeZz
So around what time is our pick gonna be? I don't feel like doing the math.

Crush
Falcons trying to move up to No. 2 so says Oracle Adam.

el borracho
04-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Armistice Day/ The Talking Can

Mecca
Alright that Bush Madden commercial was great.....

I assume we won't pick till atleast 3.

Coach
Not many in there, but here it is:

http://ninja.linux-phreak.biz/chat/

Awesome.

Hey Mods? Just to help out a bit, would it be all right to put that above URL on Mr. Kotter's post?

kstater

Sometime between now and midnight.

Realistically between two and three o-clock.

the Talking Can
so, if Miami gets Quinn do they plan on starting him right away or will they trade for Green anyways?

I really really hope someone takes him so we can get this deal done

unothadeal
04-28-2007, 10:09 AM
6:45 ET...I believe

the Talking Can
04-28-2007, 10:09 AM
hey, a commercial

haven't seen many of those

Coach
04-28-2007, 10:10 AM
The 2007 NFL Draft have officially started! Oakland Raiders are on the clock.

cdcox
WOOOOO HHHOOOOO!!!!!

BigMeatballDave
Here we go...

Crush
Finally, the Faiduhs are on the clock.

kstater
Al Davis is gonna milk this for all the exposure he can get.

Delano
04-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Goodell's first draft is about ten minutes late. How is this guy gonna get pissed at Pac Man for having fun when he can't even be punctual?

Smed1065
04-28-2007, 10:11 AM
clock is started

Frazod
04-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Let's see which bright young star's career they'll choose to destroy.

Commitment to excrement! :thumb:

Delano
Art is gonna milk this for all the exposure he can get.

Who wouldn't wait til the last minute? Especially when so many trade scenarios are still playing out.

the Talking Can
HA

Al claims that Shell talked him out of drafting Leinart...

awesome

Delano
04-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Suzie Kolber has lost her burst. Bitch looks busted.

Smed1065
Just pick a kicker and get it over oakland.

:)

cdcox
HA

Al claims that Shell talked him out of drafting Leinart...

awesome

:clap:

Stewie
04-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Suzie Kolber has lost her burst. Bitch looks busted.

Too much Broadway Joe.

el borracho
I always liked Shell

Mecca
Art Shell wanted a safety over a QB.......what an eye for talent.

Raiderhater
Let's see which bright young star's career they'll choose to destroy.

Commitment to excrement! :thumb:

It is a comfort to know that no matter who they draft, they will still suck balls.

Coach
04-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Jeez, on his knees, rifling the ball 64 ****ing yards....

Mecca
Well Russells arm is really impressive with that whole throwing 60 yards from his knee thing.

Raiderhater
Just pick a kicker and get it over oakland.

:)

We need to float a rumor that their is a kicker we want.

chiefqueen

Nobudy knows the hour but when this board starts crashing start watching your TV.

Crush
"The Raiders have been on the clock for 9 months. Get it done, already." LMAO

Raiderhater
04-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Well Russells arm is really impressive with that whole throwing 60 yards from his knee thing.

So was Ryan Leaf's....

kstater
Too much Broadway Joe.
LMAO

Delano
It is a comfort to know that no matter who they draft, they will still suck balls.

That big smile for the camera after getting picked by the Raiders is certainly the beginning of the end for _______ . Hehe.

Mecca
04-28-2007, 10:18 AM
So was Ryan Leaf's....

Eh any QB that goes 1 or 2 is gonna have an arm like that, comparing them to Leaf is a bit much though.

Coach
04-28-2007, 10:18 AM
That big smile for the camera after getting picked by the Raiders is certainly the beginning of the end for _______ . Hehe.

The sad thing though is, they're getting paid millions and millions of dollars, just to suck.

Mecca
04-28-2007, 10:19 AM

Is that really true, they did make a bowl not that long ago.....they've been shitty lately but still.......

BigMeatballDave
So was Ryan Leaf's....Ouch...

sedated

a wonderful trait for gameday :rolleyes:

Ebolapox
jeff george did the same thing arm strength wise--russell hasn't ever really impressed me

kstater
Pick's on its way up, took the clock off on ESPN

DTLB58
04-28-2007, 10:20 AM

Yea, I remember them showing Kyle Boller doing that the day he was drafted to. So...............

Mecca
Here goes Russell.

Raiderhater
Eh any QB that goes 1 or 2 is gonna have an arm like that, comparing them to Leaf is a bit much though.

I am not saying that he is another Leaf, just that arm strenght isn't everything.

the Talking Can
here it is:

Russell

Delano
Is that really true, they did make a bowl not that long ago.....they've been shitty lately but still.......

Behind that O-line? yeah..

Jamarcus Russell.

chop
The Raiders pick Jamarcus Russell

kstater
Dammnit Carl!!!

cdcox
Here it is....

Russell

SPchief
Russell

Demonpenz
WHOA this day is off to a crazy start!

Stewie
I thought a trade was brewing, for sure.

Coach
The Oakland Raiders selected:

JaMarcus Russell QB LSU

The Detroit Lions is now on the clock.

Crush
It's official, Raiders select Russell.

BigMeatballDave
Big Surprise

JBucc
He looks thrilled.

kstater
I'm shocked, absolutely shocked at this pick.

Discuss Thrower
That wasn't surprising at all.

Mecca
04-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Yea, I remember them showing Kyle Boller doing that the day he was drafted to. So...............

Russell was actually productive on the field though.......Boller was all workout so there is a difference.

CoMoChief
Raiders pick Russell.

Welcome to Arrowhead you PoS!!!! Thank God Johnson won't be in the AFCW.

Raiderhater

My bad, I said Leaf, it was Boller. Oh well, not much difference production-wise.

Mecca
Here come the 328493843 trade offers to the Lions.

DTLB58
Boo, Boooring, Let's see some trades!

Sure-Oz
Jamarcus Cullpepper baby

Fish
04-28-2007, 10:22 AM
He's calling Riddell to inquire about the latest in kevlar enhanced football pads....

Crush
I thought a trade was brewing, for sure.

Raiders reportedly wanted the Browns 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and next year's 1st.

Demonpenz
jamarcus leftwitch

banyon
C'mon Millen, pick another WR!!

Delano
WHOA this day is off to a crazy start!

What? Did you wake up without a hangover or something?

SPchief
He looks like he wants to cry

Raiderhater
04-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Dressed all in black... I already hate him with every fiber of my beign.

Mecca
Jamarcus Cullpepper baby

Russells arm is better.......

Russell is the kind of QB that has killed the Chiefs so if he becomes good this can become a problem.

cdcox
Damn he is huge.

Demonpenz
One thing i love about the draft coverage is watching the O lineman highlights I remember the highlights of orlando pace kicking the shit out of people

pikesome
Russell had better start practicing running from Dlinemen.

Crush
Let's hope for a long lengthy hold out.

Mecca
C'mon Millen, pick another WR!!

If they keep the pick they should.........and no one can fault them for it.

DTLB58
Okay, Anybody using a draft tracker that is actually updating in a timely manner?

Raiderhater
04-28-2007, 10:24 AM
What? Did you wake up without a hangover or something?

Always read DP's posts with as much sarcasm as possible.

I'm not sure the dude has ever had a serious post.

JBucc

Russell is the kind of QB that has killed the Chiefs so if he becomes good this can become a problem.That's what worries me. Even sucky QB's that are strong and can move a little do good against us. I think Russell is bigger than Hali.

SPchief
Okay, Anybody using a draft tracker that is actually updating in a timely manner?

Yep, it's called the tv

Sure-Oz
04-28-2007, 10:25 AM

Russell is the kind of QB that has killed the Chiefs so if he becomes good this can become a problem.
good thing he isn't that mobile, but mobile enough....

we'll see what happens, id rather have Calvin Johnson stay away from the raiders though

cdcox

I've got the whole thing stored in my noggin. What do you want to know?

Demonpenz
I did do something the scouts said I couldn't. Use a complete sentence

blueballs
is Vince Young retarted

unothadeal
04-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Schefter's standing in front of the Chiefs table

Mecca
That's what worries me. Even sucky QB's that are strong and can move a little do good against us. I think Russell is bigger than Hali.

He's as big as our DE's, He's the kinda guy that can get away from lineman and chuck it 70 yards........if he does get good that is bad for us.

cdcox
Detroit is going CJ.

the Talking Can
Johnson crying tears of happiness that the Raiders passed on him...

Demonpenz
that would be awesome to get a 7 mil signing bonus. I would switch to 5 dollar bills when i make it rain at the club

Mecca
04-28-2007, 10:27 AM
I wonder how many Lions fans actually don't want CJ.

Delano
04-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Charles Rogers and Calvin Johnson. What a tandem if they could be utilized to their full potential.

Demonpenz
04-28-2007, 10:29 AM
calvin johnson is head and shoulders better than anyone else in this draft

el borracho
http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draftCast/index

Mecca
Roy Williams...........they ****ed up on Rogers, they should have gone Andre Johnson but went with the hometown guy.

Stewie
Matt Millen - building a team with WRs. We don't need no stinking defense!

Delano
04-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Roy Williams...........they ****ed up on Rogers, they should have gone Andre Johnson but went with the hometown guy.

That is who I meant. Heh. Williams and Johnson.

chagrin
Charles Rogers and Calvin Johnson. What a tandem if they could be utilized to their full potential.

I am not sure if your joking or not, but i think you mean Roy Williams and CJ

Mecca
Are you really saying they shouldn't take the by far best player on the draft?

Crush
Here we go, something happened.

JBucc
Here com3 commish

the Talking Can
04-28-2007, 10:31 AM
please get kornholer off my screen

Coach
The Detroit Lions selected:

Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech.

The Cleveland Browns is now on the clock.

Mecca
They made the pick, despite the people saying they shouldn't, smart move.

Crush
Detroit - WR Calvin Johnson

el borracho
I wonder what kind of crazy offers they are fielding for the #2 spot.

Delano
I am not sure if your joking or not, but i think you mean Roy Williams and CJ

Still on the first cup of coffee laced with ants. Give me an hour to wake up.

JBucc
Did he say Detroit Tigers?

cdcox
Lions fans at Ford Field look pretty happy.

Crush
04-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Good pick by the Lions and glad he's not in the AFC.

58-4ever
Heh...Dr. Medicine Woman might just fall to the Phins.

Delano
Dayum who was that fine piece of ebony that CJ hugged first?

The Franchise
Damn I feel sorry for CJ21.

Fairplay
Johnson crying tears of happiness that the Raiders passed on him...

and jumping up and down with glee.

Fish

We'll give you our first 6 picks.... our first 2 next year....... and...my daughter!!

unothadeal
04-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Did he say Detroit Tigers?
No.

Crush

Shefter reported that the Falcons would had to give up the farm to move up to No. 2.

58-4ever
Dayum who was that fine piece of ebony that CJ hugged first?

His first baby's momma.

Sure-Oz
lmfao detroit

Coach
Come on Clevleand... take Quinn.

Mecca
04-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Damn I feel sorry for CJ21.

He's going to a Mike Martz offense.........he'll be fine, provided they keep him.

el borracho
We'll give you our first 6 picks.... our first 2 next year....... and...my daughter!!
What is her 40 time?

JBucc
No.Ok, good. I can't hear the tv very well because the stupid band idiots are practicing right outside my window.

BigMeatballDave
About time Detroit picked a WR.

unothadeal
Did JR just say the Raiders are the best?

banyon
Detroit should've traded down and got Quinn.

Mecca
lmfao detroit

Explain..........you can not justify they made a bad move by taking the best player and maybe the best prospect in the last 20 years.

Coach
04-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Ok, good. I can't hear the tv very well because the stupid band idiots are practicing right outside my window.

Anti-Freeze.

58-4ever
Did JR just say the Raiders are the best?

I wonder if he will feel that way while lying on his back listening to the boos of all those degenerate fans.

the Talking Can
can someone get these idiots some coffe

they've ****ing babbling, I literally have no idea what they're saying

Sure-Oz
Explain..........you can not justify they made a bad move by taking the best player and maybe the best prospect in the last 20 years.
not a bad thing, its just funny how many wr's theyve taken, its an excellent pick, but i wouldve gotten the farm from atl

58-4ever
Anti-Freeze.

A rifle.

Mecca
04-28-2007, 10:36 AM
If that blonde is Quinn's G/F she looks like a B-rate pornstar...

el borracho
So who is left between here and #9 that might want Quinn? Tampa Bay?

Crush
Browns you better take Quinn!!!! :cuss: :cuss:

Mr. Laz
c'mon cleveland ....... Take Quinn

pleasssssssssse

58-4ever
not a bad thing, its just funny how many wr's theyve taken, its an excellent pick, but i wouldve gotten the farm from atl

They still might.

the Talking Can
now someone please darft Quinn!

Hammock Parties
Hot piece of ass. Damn. Lucky Quinn.

Mecca
So who is left between here and #9 that might want Quinn? Tampa Bay?

If he gets into 6-7 territory someone will trade up....