PDA

View Full Version : Wesley for Alex Brown?

booger
04-28-2007, 01:33 AM
just a guess. bears don't need another safety i don't think.

Allen facing a four-game suspension by NFL
Punishment for Chiefs defensive end comes after two DUI charges.
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
Jared Allen worried for much of the offseason about the length of his suspension for violation of the NFL’s substance-abuse policy.

When Allen received word Friday that he would be suspended for the season’s first four games, he had good reason to be relieved.

His suspension is far less than those received recently by Tennessee’s Pacman Jones (full season) and Cincinnati’s Chris Henry (half season). Those players were recently suspended for violations of the personal conduct policy.

“I’m sorry my actions of last year will affect my teammates, coaches and fans,” said Allen, who will not be paid for the four games he misses. “I have definitely learned from my mistakes and am glad to finally put this entire thing behind me once and for all. I will be with the Chiefs this year and will do everything I can to help bring a championship back to the great fans of KC.”

The Chiefs had no comment on Allen’s suspension. They were expecting Allen to be suspended, but the timing of the news, coming on the eve of the draft, was fortuitous.

The suspension increases the likelihood the Chiefs will draft a defensive end.

Other than Allen, the Chiefs have only Tamba Hali and Jimmy Wilkerson to play defensive end. They talked with the Chicago Bears about a trade for Alex Brown, who had seven sacks last season, but no deal appeared imminent.

Eric Hicks remains under contract to the Chiefs but is likely to be released sometime after the draft. The Chiefs are also looking at using linebacker Kendrell Bell as an end in certain situations.

The suspension stems from Allen’s two DUI charges in the last year in Johnson County. He entered a diversion program in connection with the first charge and recently pleaded no contest to the second.

Allen, a restricted free agent, has not yet signed the $2.35 million, one-year contract offer the Chiefs have made.

booger
04-28-2007, 01:34 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/159/story/86981.html

Rausch
04-28-2007, 01:51 AM
Wesley is a d!ck.

He's a huge, and intimidating d!ck, but he's still a goon athlete with a thug mentality.

And it's why he'll be gone soon...

SPchief
04-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Warning, angry drunk German on the loose

Rausch
04-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Warning, angry drunk German on the loose

Piss on him, now that he's about to be cut he can take his horsh!t attitude and inbred desire to confront law enforcement elsewhere.

Douchebag...

beer bacon
04-28-2007, 02:33 AM
I would be ecstatic if we could swing Alex Brown. He is a player.