PDA

View Full Version : The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Bwana
04-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Huge F*cking shock there. :shake:

PastorMikH
04-28-2007, 06:56 PM
So let's just start a thread about it slowing the server down further people!

:p

Coach
04-28-2007, 06:56 PM
I agree with you. It's getting really annoying.

morphius
04-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Nothing I can do man...

Bwana
04-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Yeah I know Morph, I'm not calling you out on it. I know damn well you have done everything in your power to start a fire under it and I thank you for that, as do several others I'm sure.

DaFace
04-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Yeah I know Morph, I'm not calling you out on it. I know damn well you have done everything in you power to start a fire on it and I thank you for that, as do several other I'm sure.

Indeed.

Coach
04-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah I know Morph, I'm not calling you out on it. I know damn well you have done everything in your power to start a fire under it and I thank you for that, as do several others I'm sure.

QFT

chiefsfan58
04-28-2007, 07:11 PM
yo,
so, I'm experienced in scaling databases (think distributed databases with millions of concurrent users).. so I was wondering if there's a chance I could tweak the DB so we can end these problems once and for all.

Mecca
04-28-2007, 07:12 PM
We have a database that is stuck in 1992

Bwana
04-28-2007, 07:16 PM
yo,
so, I'm experienced in scaling databases (think distributed databases with millions of concurrent users).. so I was wondering if there's a chance I could tweak the DB so we can end these problems once and for all.

It would sure be nice if Kyle would let you have at it, but I wouldn't bet on it from what I have seen in the past. :hmmm:

morphius
04-28-2007, 07:18 PM
yo,
Know much about mysql? I wish we had multiple servers so that I could run split up the database into mysql's master write and slave read server.

ChiefsfaninPA
04-28-2007, 07:20 PM
This is annoying. I never like to bit$# about it, but it sucks when you are trying to keep up and all you get is the servers busy message. This site is a great site, but damn is it unreliable.

DaFace
04-28-2007, 07:21 PM
I don't know enough about it to know if this would help, but I would vote for completely taking the Planet down for a day or two if that's what it takes to fix problems in the long run.

Bwana
04-28-2007, 07:26 PM
I don't know enough about it to know if this would help, but I would vote for completely taking the Planet down for a day or two if that's what it takes to fix problems in the long run.

A day or two, or a week or two, whatever it takes to get it RIGHT. Every time we have a big event like a draft, or game day, this thing takes a fricken dive. :shake: Take the time to fix it once and for all.

DaFace
04-28-2007, 07:28 PM
A day or two, or a week or two, whatever it takes to get it RIGHT. Every time we have a big event like a draft, or game day, this thing takes a fricken dive. :shake: Take the time to fix it once and for all.

Yep. If nothing else, there are lots of backup options out there that could feed our addiction temporarily. It wouldn't be great, but it would work.

Bwana
04-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Yep. If nothing else, there are lots of backup options out there that could feed our addiction temporarily. It wouldn't be great, but it would work.
Well it's safe to say it's not great now, so what the hell, roll with it and fix the damn thing.

ChiefsfaninPA
04-28-2007, 07:30 PM
It sucks that it is this way, but this isn't the first thread about the performance of this place and it hasn't changed yet. So I am not holding my breath that it will.

chiefsfan58
04-29-2007, 01:40 AM
Know much about mysql? I wish we had multiple servers so that I could run split up the database into mysql's master write and slave read server.

Yup. I'm currently working on scaling mysql across a server farm of >20 servers with a layer of memcached in between to lighten the load on the DB. On the other hand, I don't need more servers to make things faster... I'm sure I could do some handy tweaking if I have access to the DB/the PHP scripts (just to check for dumb stuff like doing count(*) on InnoDB tables.)

Phobia
04-29-2007, 01:44 AM
We've had 2 or 3 highly skilled DBA's offer to tweak it in the past. Kyle is going to fix it.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-29-2007, 01:47 AM
Yup. Eu estou trabalhando atualmente no mysql do scaling através de uma fazenda do usuário de 20 usuários com uma camada de memcached dentro no meio para iluminar a carga no DB. Na outra mão, eu não necessito mais usuários fazer coisas mais rápidas... Eu sou certo que eu poderia fazer algum tweaking acessível se eu tiver o acesso aos certificados de DB/the PHP (apenas para verificar para ver se há o material dumb como fazer o count(*) em tabelas de InnoDB.)

Eu concordo wholeheartedly e am impresso completamente com seu trabalho acessível. Se eu tiver mesmo um indício o que o inferno que você me falava aproximadamente pôde ir mesmo mais adicional.

I feel like I fit in now.

chiefsfan58
04-29-2007, 01:59 AM
We've had 2 or 3 highly skilled DBA's offer to tweak it in the past. Kyle is going to fix it.

Haha, has he let them hack at it yet? I think we've gotten this promise before. ;-)

unothadeal
04-29-2007, 02:22 AM
Yup. I'm currently working on scaling mysql across a server farm of >20 servers with a layer of memcached in between to lighten the load on the DB. On the other hand, I don't need more servers to make things faster... I'm sure I could do some handy tweaking if I have access to the DB/the PHP scripts (just to check for dumb stuff like doing count(*) on InnoDB tables.)
blah blah blah. technocrap. blah blah....

kcxiv
04-29-2007, 03:48 AM
blah blah blah. technocrap. blah blah....
He can tech speak all he wants, Site is kinda worthless when the game is on and you cant use it. lol

I dont know if they will ever fix it, but it would be great.