PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with Turk

VonneMarie
04-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Q&A with DE/DT TURK McBRIDE
Apr 28, 2007, 8:33:01 PM

2007 SECOND-ROUND DRAFT PICK

Q: What are your thoughts about being drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs?

McBRIDE: “I’m extremely pleased. I’m happy and I’m speechless. I’m so excited.”

Q: Did you have any idea you would get picked at this point in the draft?

McBRIDE: “I had a good feeling deep down that I was going to be (drafted) somewhere in that range, but I didn’t know. I could have told you it was a possibility, but I didn’t really know.”

Q: How did your visit to Kansas City go a couple weeks ago?

McBRIDE: “It went extremely well. I got a chance to meet a lot of people and that went extremely well. I also have two teammates playing there (WR Chris Hannon and P Dustin Colquitt), so I’m happy about it.”

Q: In college you played inside and outside, where do you fit the best with the Chiefs?

McBRIDE: “To be honest I don’t even know. I don’t think I really got the chance to excel at each position the way I know I could. Just off of what I was doing at Tennessee going back and forth so I don’t think I excelled. My comfort zone right now I’d say is defensive tackle, but I think in the long run I’ll be a better defensive end.”

Q: Did you follow the Chiefs growing up?

McBRIDE: “I always liked their uniforms to be honest. When I was in college, one of their offensive linemen reminded me of my roommate. That was really the only thing I followed about them.”

Q: Why do you think your coaches called you the most valuable lineman?

McBRIDE: “I think it’s because I’m hard working and my dedication and the type of person I am. I’m relentless and I think that’s where a lot of that comes from.”

Q: You started 17 games in college, do you think you’re ready for the NFL?

McBRIDE: “I’m going to be ready for it. The coaches did a great job so I know I’ll be ready.”

Q: What did you and Gunther Cunningham talk about on your visit to Kansas City?

McBRIDE: “We just talked about the scheme. He wanted to pick my brain to see if I knew the defense and how well I can learn. That was the main thing. I believe he know I was a player on the defensive side of the ball and he wanted to see how well I learned and how well I could grasp the defense.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/04/28/qa_with_dedt_turk_mcbride/