PDA

View Full Version : Our greatest fears may be realized!

Slick32
04-28-2007, 08:50 PM
So far in the draft it looks like the Chiefs have gone defense. We may improve our defensse but if we don't pick up something on the O-Line we may not be able to score the 14+ points we need to offset what the defense might be able to do for us.

I'm concerned and somewhat bummed out. Surely there was one or two OL available that could help. If it doesn't get better tomorrow we will be picking from the wretched refuse that doesn't get drafted.

:shake:

Hoover
04-28-2007, 08:53 PM
We have our starting OL in place.

McIntosh, Wellbourn, Wiegman, Waters, and Terry

Its not like we had to draft a guy for this year.

blueballs
04-28-2007, 08:54 PM
ya the 1st rounder
should be not included
in your retarted rant

htismaqe
04-28-2007, 08:54 PM
There wasn't good value there for offensive linemen, not like what we got anyway.

That being said, we have to do something. Terry is likely facing a suspension.

Mecca
04-28-2007, 08:55 PM
We're ok, we're in a spot to take the best players.

We'll be in a better spot to take Olineman next year, this has been a good draft for the Chiefs.

BigRock
04-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Sampson will probably fill in for Terry until he gets hurt in week 2, and then it's Svitek time.

Buns
04-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Well Terry did have an incident in February where he pimp smacked a ho and gave her a beer bath...he might miss a couple games. Hopefully Sampson or Svitek can fill in. I think most will agree that the additions to the D-Line are going to help out the secondary and upgraded LB corps and allow us to cut Sims and maybe Hicks.

milkman
04-28-2007, 08:58 PM
There wasn't good value there for offensive linemen, not like what we got anyway.

That being said, we have to do something. Terry is likely facing a suspension.

OK, I missed it.

What did Terry do?

LiL stumppy
04-28-2007, 09:00 PM
yea dude.that ol lookes awesome.ha

htismaqe
04-28-2007, 09:00 PM
OK, I missed it.

What did Terry do?

He's got a warrant out in Atlanta. He's been arrested before for assault, domestic I think.

The commish made it clear that his new policy is going to affect the accused as well as the convicted.

Mecca
04-28-2007, 09:01 PM
I like this better than reaching for 2-3 Olineman.......

I think Bowe can be a legit star.

blueballs
04-28-2007, 09:02 PM
3 picks
maybe if one was special teams
it would be more even

Coach
04-28-2007, 09:05 PM
This is actually a really enjoyable draft for quite some time.

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2007, 09:06 PM
OH GOD I HATE IMPROVING AREAS OF THE TEAM

Dave Lane
04-28-2007, 09:28 PM
We're ok, we're in a spot to take the best players.

We'll be in a better spot to take Olineman next year, this has been a good draft for the Chiefs.

Well then its to bad we didn't get Quinn since Huard and Croyle will be dead.

Dave

Mecca
04-28-2007, 09:29 PM
What do you want to do? Take Joe Staley over Dwayne Bowe when it's bad value and a bad pick?

Dave Lane
04-28-2007, 09:29 PM
He's got a warrant out in Atlanta. He's been arrested before for assault, domestic I think.

The commish made it clear that his new policy is going to affect the accused as well as the convicted.

And he has priors. Out for a year before. his could be the death penalty.

Dave

DJ's left nut
04-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Well then its to bad we didn't get Quinn since Huard and Croyle will be dead.

Dave

Fortunately it appears that we will have a pro-bowl 3rd stringer backing them both up.

ChiefsCountry
04-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Looking at the value board I only saw one good OL available when we picked in the 2nd and that was Kahli. Chiefs did fine, wish Tank was the 2nd and Yanda in the 3rd but our 2nd round pick is Cover 2 tackle.

Mecca
04-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Some people will always find something to bitch about....

Our team is in transition mode we aren't a Bowl team, bitching about a solid draft day cause they didn't take any Olinemen is dumb.

luv
04-28-2007, 09:36 PM
We do still have at least 4 more picks.

WestCoastReggie
04-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Good players on the offensive line can be found in late rounds. No reason to be bummed out.

milkman
04-28-2007, 09:38 PM
http://www.ahknight.net/images/cl1.jpg

DTLB58
04-28-2007, 09:43 PM
So far in the draft it looks like the Chiefs have gone defense. Didn't we take a WR (Who plays on the offensive side of the ball) in the 1st round?

We may improve our defensse but if we don't pick up something on the O-Line we may not be able to score the 14+ points we need to offset what the defense might be able to do for us.

I'm concerned and somewhat bummed out. Surely there was one or two OL available that could help. If it doesn't get better tomorrow we will be picking from the wretched refuse that doesn't get drafted.

We have drafted Jarrad Page and Jared Allen recently in the 5th and 7th rounds. We can find talent on the 2nd day. Jeez.....

:shake:

Hammock Parties
04-28-2007, 09:44 PM
I'd like to see us take Nathan Bennett in the 5th tomorrow.

RJ
04-28-2007, 09:49 PM
We have our starting OL in place.

McIntosh, Wellbourn, Wiegman, Waters, and Terry

Its not like we had to draft a guy for this year.

Seeing those five names together makes me shudder.

Blocks of granite they are not.

BigMeatballDave
04-28-2007, 09:52 PM
I think we are gonna have a badass D in a few years. Hey, the Ravens won it with a lousy O...

CHIEF4EVER
04-28-2007, 10:11 PM

Our team is in transition mode we aren't a Bowl team, bitching about a solid draft day cause they didn't take any Olinemen is dumb.

I agree. Drafting for need is stupid. You draft the best available player first and foremost, if he fits your need even better.

cdcox
04-28-2007, 10:17 PM
This is like reversal day on the planet. Mecca is Mr. Sunshine trying to cheer up Joe Fan. Refreshing.

RealSNR
04-28-2007, 11:12 PM
I understand that for a any given community of hundreds of people, you're going to have a few retards. I guess this guy must be one of them.

For crying out loud, this is a great draft. I can't believe there are still some people who are dumb enough to bitch

Slick32
04-29-2007, 06:59 AM
I understand that for a any given community of hundreds of people, you're going to have a few retards. I guess this guy must be one of them.

For crying out loud, this is a great draft. I can't believe there are still some people who are dumb enough to bitch

So with the outstanding performance by the offensive line last year you are telling me that the first day we didn't need to take a look at #1. Trading for a journeyman lineman that can help protect whomever we have at QB? and #2 that you did not bitch about the lack of production from the offense last year?

We have drafted 3 players, if you have checked our history of drafts you might see that we have not always had shining stars emerge from the process.

For me to be concerned about an offense that was damaged by retirements and finding decent players to start moving in to the first string makes me retarded? You seem to be out of touch with reality with what we have and don't have in KC.

After the draft today we will have some idea of what the team will look like. Chances are we are going to move up from 16th in defense and down from 16th in offense. That isn't what is needed. Good defense - yes. Sinking, or stinking, offense - No!

Further, since the season ended there have been zero days on this board where virtually everyone registered bitched about the teams activities from the front office down. Don't be indignant because I don't see progress in the first three picks.

Micjones
04-29-2007, 07:00 AM
It'd be nice to pickup a guy like Manny Ramirez, but without that 4th Rounder it's going to be tough.

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 07:02 AM
So with the outstanding performance by the offensive line last year you are telling me that the first day we didn't need to take a look at #1. Trading for a journeyman lineman that can help protect whomever we have at QB? and #2 that you did not bitch about the lack of production from the offense last year?

We have drafted 3 players, if you have checked our history of drafts you might see that we have not always had shining stars emerge from the process.

For me to be concerned about an offense that was damaged by retirements and finding decent players to start moving in to the first string makes me retarded? You seem to be out of touch with reality with what we have and don't have in KC.

After the draft today we will have some idea of what the team will look like. Chances are we are going to move up from 16th in defense and down from 16th in offense. That isn't what is needed. Good defense - yes. Sinking, or stinking, offense - No!

Further, since the season ended there have been zero days on this board where virtually everyone registered bitched about the teams activities from the front office down. Don't be indignant because I don't see progress in the first three picks.

What offensive lineman were you going to draft? The good guards were gone before we picked in the 2nd, and the OT crop this year was awful.

milkman
04-29-2007, 07:05 AM
I agree. Drafting for need is stupid. You draft the best available player first and foremost, if he fits your need even better.

Exactly.

Everyone one of these picks was good value in their slot, and they each fill a need.

That is as good as I, as a fan, can hope for.

Skip Towne
04-29-2007, 07:05 AM

He's going to convict them without a trial? The Commie.

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 07:08 AM
He's going to convict them without a trial? The Commie.

I'll have to find it, but he did indeed say that the new rules were going to apply to everybody that gets in trouble, even if they are never convicted.

chop
04-29-2007, 07:09 AM

I think he's just been watching the Mel Kipers of the world speak about how the Chiefs didn't feel their needs.

Spicy McHaggis
04-29-2007, 07:25 AM
I'd like to see us take Nathan Bennett in the 5th tomorrow.

I like where your head is at.

A few other OL guys I think the Chiefs should look at:

OG - Manuel Ramirez, Josh Beekman

OT - Doug Free

C - Doug Datish

TE - Ben Patrick, Scott Chandler

Skip Towne
04-29-2007, 07:30 AM
I'll have to find it, but he did indeed say that the new rules were going to apply to everybody that gets in trouble, even if they are never convicted.
The boxing establishment jerked Ali's license before his trial. I never did figure that out.

Fairplay
04-29-2007, 07:36 AM
Its a sunshine day!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c6wTY37EvQI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c6wTY37EvQI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Simplex3
04-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Oh noes!!!!!!1!! We didn't fix the oldest team in the league with gaping holes all over the field in 3 picks!!!

Get over it dude. This team sucks hard all over. Just fixing the OL isn't going to cut it. We had the best OL in football for years and never won jack s**t.

I'm just thrilled that we didn't have any obvious reaches on day 1.

Slick32
04-29-2007, 08:58 AM
What offensive lineman were you going to draft? The good guards were gone before we picked in the 2nd, and the OT crop this year was awful.

The point is that we didn't try to trade for journeymen. We didn't make an effort to trade up to get any lineman that could have the possiblity of helping.

Waiting until next year just gives us the opportuntiy to have a higher draft pick next year.

I'm sorry, I just dont see Herman trying to fix the offense like he said he was after the season ended. "We need to get some vertical passing" [not sure if that was his exact comment but it is close]

Slick32
04-29-2007, 09:00 AM
Oh noes!!!!!!1!! We didn't fix the oldest team in the league with gaping holes all over the field in 3 picks!!!

Get over it dude. This team sucks hard all over. Just fixing the OL isn't going to cut it. We had the best OL in football for years and never won jack s**t.

I'm just thrilled that we didn't have any obvious reaches on day 1.

I guess you are satisified with the status quo. I'm not. This draft doesn't look much different than those in the past with the exception that Herman is driving rather than Vermeil. Now we are picking the token offensive player and going defense.

Great Defense + lousy offense = bad year for the fans.

Deberg_1990
04-29-2007, 09:03 AM
I guess you are satisified with the status quo. I'm not. This draft doesn't look much different than those in the past with the exception that Herman is driving rather than Vermeil. Now we are picking the token offensive player and going defense.

Who would you have picked instead???

They addressed the O with Bowe, and the D with the other two picks??

Both NEED positions. Rome wasnt built in a day.

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 10:19 AM
The point is that we didn't try to trade for journeymen. We didn't make an effort to trade up to get any lineman that could have the possiblity of helping.

Waiting until next year just gives us the opportuntiy to have a higher draft pick next year.

I'm sorry, I just dont see Herman trying to fix the offense like he said he was after the season ended. "We need to get some vertical passing" [not sure if that was his exact comment but it is close]

There weren't any linemen available that had a possibility of helping. That's precisely my point.

Dude, our highest dollar free agent was a LEFT TACKLE.

Open your eyes.

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 10:20 AM

this isn't the status quo.

Vermeil drafted predominantly defense while he was here, just like Herm.

The difference is that Herm's picks don't suck ass.

cmh6476
04-29-2007, 10:32 AM
yea dude.that ol lookes awesome.ha

wouldnt have been improved much (if at all) by taking OL up to this point. Only Staley would have at the most been in competition for the starting RT position. The way we went, we may have just drafted 3 week 1 starters.

I'd say that's better than reaching for an O-Lineman

:shrug:

RealSNR
04-29-2007, 10:42 AM

Great Defense + lousy offense = bad year for the fans.Who the **** are we going to draft that would have saved our offensive line this year? Joe Thomas? Levi Brown? I've got news... THEY WERE ALL TAKEN.

I've got some more news for you. The 2007 Chiefs Oline is ALREADY IN PLACE. McIntosh would've started regardless of if we reached on a guy in the first three rounds (especially Staley). Waters is perfectly fine. Weigman is coming back for another round, too. Welborne is a fine guard. RT is our only issue, and we'll draft someone in the later rounds to compete with Terry (who should start anyway), Sampson, and Svitek.

Thank God you weren't in the Chiefs warroom this year. I could just see you doing something incredibly stupid like taking a guard in the 1st or reaching on Staley.