PDA

View Full Version : ESPN is about to rip on the Chiefs.......

Mecca
04-28-2007, 09:52 PM
"What teams didn't address their needs" was what it said was coming up and it showed the Chiefs.......

I'm guessing Kiper is going to bust on us for taking Bowe over Staley.

Coach
04-28-2007, 09:54 PM
ESPN doesn't know the difference between their elbows and their asses.

Fug them. They did exactly the same shit last year, especially on Hali and Pollard.

ChiefsCountry
Here comes the OL busting. Even though except in the 3rd we would have been reaching on OL, but we took the BPA in Tank.

BigMeatballDave
Kiper can lick my 'taint.

unothadeal
04-28-2007, 09:55 PM
I need details!!

wazu
Somebody thinks Carl made a mistake? IMPOSSIBLE!

Mecca
According to Kiper "Staley was rated above Bowe" he had Staley as like the 18th player it's rather ridiculous.

beer bacon
04-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Kiper is a tool. He had Staley rated as his 18th best player, and he was going off on every team that didn't draft him in the mid to late 1st. No way Staley was worth a 1st round pick.

Brock
04-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Staley may turn out to be a great player, but I don't see how anyone could have him rated higher than Bowe in terms of value.

the Talking Can
they don't have a clue what are needs are.....we have needs EVERYWHERE

Mecca
Staley may turn out to be a great player, but I don't see how anyone could have him rated higher than Bowe in terms of value.

He had Staley ahead of Bowe and Meacham.......all those recievers basically.

bdeg
04-28-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm sure every teams' scouts were wrong while Mel "Hair" Kiper Jr. saw something they didn't...

beer bacon
04-28-2007, 10:00 PM

Technically, we didn't address all our needs. The thing is, we would have needed six or seven first round picks if we were going to address ALL our needs. I think we did really well considering we didn't have a dozen picks in the first three rounds.

siberian khatru
04-28-2007, 10:00 PM
My self-esteem has been crushed.

beer bacon
04-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Hell, I think we actually did quite well considering we addressed four "needs" with three picks.

Mecca
04-28-2007, 10:01 PM
I think it's because as soon as we came up he brought up Tackles and Center, I think they all think OL is our biggest need of anything.

siberian khatru
04-28-2007, 10:02 PM
If we had passed on Levi Brown to take Ted Ginn, I'd agree with him.

Alphaman
04-28-2007, 10:03 PM
It's funny. They blast us if we don't take BPA and blast us if we don't reach to fill a need. I'll trust Herm over Mel every time.

Taco John
04-28-2007, 10:05 PM
I can't believe you guys didn't do everything you could to get Quinn when he started dropping. I mean, I *can* believe it. Having Carl Peterson as your GM makes it feel like we're dodging a perpetual bullet as a Broncos fan.

Sam Hall
04-28-2007, 10:08 PM
I would've gladly fielded the Browns call had Quinn been around at #23.

ChiefaRoo
04-28-2007, 10:09 PM
ESPN sucks. After watching the NFL Network cover the draft I'm done watching Berman and Kiper et al.

milkman
04-28-2007, 10:12 PM
ESPN sucks. After watching the NFL Network cover the draft I'm done watching Berman and Kiper et al.

I'm sick of that crew also.

But Jesse Palmer sucks as badly as they do.

ChiefaRoo
04-28-2007, 10:14 PM

I like Jamie Dukes and Rich Eisen is good. Mayock was good too.

big nasty kcnut
04-28-2007, 10:14 PM
All i have to say is we had a good draft now if we can just work on the green trade we will be ok.

unothadeal
04-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Damn Canadians.

kc rush
04-28-2007, 10:22 PM
I like Jamie Dukes and Rich Eisen is good. Mayock was good too.

Jamie Dukes irritates me. He has two types of delivery, loud and high pitched loud.

cmh6476
04-28-2007, 10:27 PM
we picked 3 players that could come in and start for us from day 1. Staley would have been lucky to beat out one of our other 3/4 guys battling for the starting RT position.

Why does ESPN have to be that dumb sometimes :shrug:

milkman
04-28-2007, 10:28 PM
All i have to say is we had a good draft now if we can just work on the green trade we will be ok.

But we still have to listen to Mel Kiper or Jesse Palmer.

How can we be ok with that?

Coach
04-28-2007, 10:29 PM
But we still have to listen to Mel Kiper or Jesse Palmer.

How can we be ok with that?

Use the mute button.

ChiefaRoo
04-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Jamie Dukes irritates me. He has two types of delivery, loud and high pitched loud.

Really? I like him. He's like a dancing bear on crank.

milkman
04-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Use the mute button.

Then I would have to read the what they say, and that would really piss me off.

ChiefaRoo
04-28-2007, 10:41 PM
we picked 3 players that could come in and start for us from day 1. Staley would have been lucky to beat out one of our other 3/4 guys battling for the starting RT position.

Why does ESPN have to be that dumb sometimes :shrug:

Great point. I think those ESPN announcers (except Jaworski) have no use for the Chiefs. They give KC the crappy coverage every year and are obviously uninformed about KC in detail. Overall I think Berman just hates doing the Draft.

dtebbe
04-28-2007, 10:41 PM

Wow, starring on the Bachelor must of really helped his career!

DT

Megbert
04-28-2007, 10:43 PM
OHNOES!!!11!EASSPN!!1!!! DIDNT LIKE OUR PICKS!!!!!

cmh6476
04-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Great point. I think those ESPN announcers (except Jaworski) have no use for the Chiefs. They give KC the crappy coverage every year and are obviously uninformed about KC in detail. Overall I think Berman just hates doing the Draft.

that and while we do need to look to the future, who's to say we won't be able to find a CB or OT via FA or in the draft next year :shrug:

keg in kc
04-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Great point. I think those ESPN announcers (except Jaworski) have no use for the Chiefs. They give KC the crappy coverage every year and are obviously uninformed about KC in detail. Overall I think Berman just hates doing the Draft.As seems to be an annual tradition, they went to commercial every time the Chiefs were on the board. Neither the 2nd or 3rd round selections were announced or discussed for a good 5 minutes after the picks were made. It's the same every year.

ChiefaRoo
04-28-2007, 10:45 PM
As seems to be an annual tradition, they went to commercial every time the Chiefs were on the board. Neither the 2nd or 3rd round selections were announced or discussed for a good 5 minutes after the picks were made. It's the same every year.

True dat

boogblaster
04-28-2007, 10:46 PM
ESPN can suck my **** ......

ChiefaRoo
04-28-2007, 10:49 PM
ESPN can suck my **** ......

Mine too. I'm watching the NFL network exclusively next year.

Pitt Gorilla
04-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Isn't Staley a bit of a project?

BigMeatballDave
04-28-2007, 10:59 PM
As seems to be an annual tradition, they went to commercial every time the Chiefs were on the board. Neither the 2nd or 3rd round selections were announced or discussed for a good 5 minutes after the picks were made. It's the same every year.Yup. I was saying during the 1st round, I cannot believe these assclowns are going to commercial again with 3 minutes til KC drafts.

Direckshun
04-28-2007, 11:40 PM
*to the tune of "Blame Canada"*

Time's have changed.
The Chiefs have blown today!
They haven't drafted OL,
They just want the BPA!

Salisbury: Should we blame Carl Peterson?
Theismann: Or blame Herm Edwards?
All: For these injustices we can't describe with words!

Kiper: Yes, blame Kansas City!
Everyone: Blame Kansas City!
Kiper: With all their value charts and such,
And respect for subtle touch!
Blame Kansas City!
Kiper: We need to form a full assault!
Everyone: It's Kansas City's fault!

Schlereth: Don't blame depth,
For Staley's rise!
The people wanted more OTs
And the Neilsen never lies!

Golic: And Keyshawn Johnson thinks
We should all take Guards in the first!
But we're paid to ignore the fact that he lost his burst!

Kiper: Well, blame Kansas City!
Kiper: Must find that right hysteric pitch
When we're told it's time to bitch!
Blame Kansas City!
Some Guy: It's not even a real market anyway!

luv
04-28-2007, 11:43 PM

Time's have changed.
They haven't drafted OL,
They just want the BPA!

Kiper: No, blame Kansas City!
Blame Kansas City!

For Staley's rise!

But we're paid to ignore the fact that he is the worst!

Blame Kansas City!
Where do you come up with this suff?

Direckshun
04-28-2007, 11:46 PM
As a Chiefs fan, you acquire it over time.

beer bacon
04-28-2007, 11:46 PM

They seemed pretty bored when our first round pick came up. All they did was talk about our pick for 30 seconds, talk about Quinn for 10 minutes, and then they went to commercial.

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2007, 12:08 AM

CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 12:13 AM

Time's have changed.
They haven't drafted OL,
They just want the BPA!

Kiper: Yes, blame Kansas City!
Blame Kansas City!

For Staley's rise!

But we're paid to ignore the fact that he is the worst!

Blame Kansas City!

REP!!!

Rausch
04-29-2007, 12:16 AM
**** ESPN.

I finally gave up. I always had my pet picks and players I wanted us to take and they NEVER did. Never.

So this year I didn't even bother looking at the top prospects or following who was likely to go where. I just hoped we drafted a WR in round 1, a DT, and an assload of offensive lineman.

Well, so far I'm a pig in slop...

acesn8s
04-29-2007, 12:32 AM
They seemed pretty bored when our first round pick came up. All they did was talk about our pick for 30 seconds, talk about Quinn for 10 minutes, and then they went to commercial.10 minutes? They couldn't stop talking about that Notre Dame ****. They are still talking about him. I didn't know much about him but now.....now I hate the guy just because of ESPN and ESPN Radio. :cuss: I'm glad KC didn't get the guy.

DaWolf
04-29-2007, 02:55 AM
I can't believe you guys didn't do everything you could to get Quinn when he started dropping. I mean, I *can* believe it. Having Carl Peterson as your GM makes it feel like we're dodging a perpetual bullet as a Broncos fan.

Time will tell if that was a mistake or not. It pretty much comes down to whether or not Herm is right on Croyle's abilities. Carl usually goes with the head guy's opinion, with the classic exception being Larry Johnson...

beer bacon
04-29-2007, 02:58 AM
10 minutes? They couldn't stop talking about that Notre Dame ****. They are still talking about him. I didn't know much about him but now.....now I hate the guy just because of ESPN and ESPN Radio. :cuss: I'm glad KC didn't get the guy.

Sorry, sorry. The 10 minutes I was referring to was during the 15 minutes we were on the clock. It broke down to less then a minute talking the Chiefs/our pick, 10 minutes on Quinn, and then about four minutes of commercials.

CupidStunt
04-29-2007, 03:00 AM
WR and DT?

By far our 2 biggest needs.

beer bacon
04-29-2007, 03:01 AM
WR and DT?

By far our 2 biggest needs.

Are you on drugs? Our only need was Joe "18th best" Staley.

Smed1065
04-29-2007, 03:22 AM
Our next need better be OL.

Gravedigger
04-29-2007, 04:10 AM
Staley or Bowe I woulda been happy with either but I'm more interested to see the catches Bowe can make over the guys Staley can block.

StcChief
04-29-2007, 07:34 AM
If the talking heads were so good, why aren't the coach/scouting for teams instead of talking about it.

LiL stumppy
04-29-2007, 07:36 AM
LOL,they are correct. We drafted what we wanted not we needed.

JBucc
04-29-2007, 07:38 AM
Kiper takes shit personally for some reason. Like when he had Mike Williams rated #1 overall and kept just going on and on about what a great talent those teams that passed on him were missing.

el borracho
04-29-2007, 07:46 AM
LOL,they are correct. We drafted what we wanted not we needed.
You think we didn't need help at WR and DT?

Lzen
04-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Kiper takes shit personally for some reason. Like when he had Mike Williams rated #1 overall and kept just going on and on about what a great talent those teams that passed on him were missing.

Yeah, that worked out well. ROFL

Lzen
04-29-2007, 08:31 AM
If the talking heads were so good, why aren't the coach/scouting for teams instead of talking about it.

I would guess that be a television commentator might be worth more $$$ than being a lowly scout for an NFL team. Just my guess, though.

Skip Towne
04-29-2007, 08:47 AM
This right here proves we did the right thing.

GoHuge
04-29-2007, 08:57 AM
I am sick to death of the ESPN guys. I have Time Warner so I can't get NFL Network. The only way I can watch it is on my Sprint phone. Kind of hard to turn off your HD TV and watch your phone. I'm fine with all the picks. ESPN hates on us all the time regardless of what are draft looks like. Four of our draft picks from last year saw playing time and another will this year. Just look at Kiper's board compared what really happened. That should show you how tuned in Kiper is. We'll get after the OL today and everything will be fine :)

Lzen
04-29-2007, 09:04 AM
I am sick to death of the ESPN guys. I have Time Warner so I can't get NFL Network. The only way I can watch it is on my Sprint phone. Kind of hard to turn off your HD TV and watch your phone. I'm fine with all the picks. ESPN hates on us all the time regardless of what are draft looks like. Four of our draft picks from last year saw playing time and another will this year. Just look at Kiper's board compared what really happened. That should show you how tuned in Kiper is. We'll get after the OL today and everything will be fine :)

Get rid of Time Warner and get satellite. ;) Problem solved.

chiefsfan1963
04-29-2007, 09:20 AM
bottom line is we can't address all our needs in this year's draft. We filled 2 needs and perhaps in the later rounds we'll get lucky and pick up a player or two that will make the team and contribute in a big way this season, but all and all it will take next year's draft and another round of free agency moves to complete most of our needs. This is truly a rebuilding year. If we're lucky we'll have all 7 of our picks or more and a Top 10 or 15 pick. If we're not going to be a strong contender this year then I hope we don't win 8 games or more. All that will do is kick us down the draft board, and out of reach of the better players in
the draft especially in the later rounds.

Does anybody know if next year's draft class have any strong OL players that stand out?