PDA

View Full Version : 5th round: who to take

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 09:52 AM
who are guys you like to see in the 5th

we have 2 picks

I don't know who any of these people are..

we have picks:

all player reviews googled from SI.com

Deberg_1990
04-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Ok, ill start.....Troy Smith......

OnTheWarpath15
04-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Ok, ill start.....Troy Smith......

Might as well take a backup punter.....

PunkinDrublic
04-29-2007, 09:54 AM
We have got to start adding depth to our offensive line. I say get the best offensive lineman available.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 09:55 AM
David Irons.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 09:57 AM
David Irons.

POSITIVES: Nice-sized cornerback with an improving game. Jams opponents at the line, is physical throughout routes and positions himself to defend the pass. Stays with receivers anywhere on the field, displays an explosive break to the throw and flies around the field.

NEGATIVES: Prefers to side-shuffle down the field and is a little tight in his backpedal. Occasionally struggles with his back to the ball, and is better facing the action.

ANALYSIS: A developing prospect who had opposing quarterbacks throwing away from him last season, Irons finished off a terrific campaign in .06 with an outstanding showing at the Senior Bowl. Durability issues from the past must be checked out, yet the arrow is pointing upward.

PROJECTION: Late Third Round

SI
---

sounds good to me

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Justin Medlock out of UCLA with one of them.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-29-2007, 10:01 AM
We have got to start adding depth to our offensive line. I say get the best offensive lineman available.
What you said. I don't think it would be considered depth though. We need help there now.

JBucc
04-29-2007, 10:01 AM
If Manuel Ramirez is there I hope we take him.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 10:02 AM
G Nathan Bennett

Dude is a force in the running game.

the Talking Can
Justin Medlock out of UCLA with one of them.

hmmm, a kicker?

POSITIVES: Left-footed kicker that is consistently accurate outside of 50 yards. Gets good lift on kicks and drives his field goals. Adequate kickoff leg with the ability to get the ball inside the 5-yard line from the pro mark.

NEGATIVES: Does not get great hang time on kickoffs. Will miss the easy kick from shorter distances on occasion. Pled guilty to a misdemeanor drunk driving charge from December of '05.

ANALYSIS: A solid college field-goal kicker very reliable from long distances, Medlock must improve the consistency of his kickoffs to have a real shot at the next level.

PROJECTION: Early Seventh Round

The Poz
O-line and CB's the rest of the way.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 10:03 AM
If Manuel Ramirez is there I hope we take him.

POSITIVES: Strong, small-area blocker with marginal upside. Blocks with good lean, anchors at the point or turns defenders off the ball. Plays with a nasty attitude and always looks for someone to hit. Patient, keeps his feet active and works well with teammates.

NEGATIVES: Lacks skills in motion and footwork in space. Struggles to adjust, and is not a true finisher. Suffered a knee injury during his junior campaign which was misdiagnosed. Underwent surgery in January to correct the situation and will not be 100 percent for some

ANALYSIS: Possessing outstanding size, Ramirez offers the strength and attitude to play at the next level. He needs to improve his flexibility and learn to consistently get leverage on opponents yet offers starting potential.

PROJECTION: Early Fifth Round

Hammock Parties
Medlock sounds EXACTLY like Tynes.

ChiefsCountry
hmmm, a kicker?

POSITIVES: Left-footed kicker that is consistently accurate outside of 50 yards. Gets good lift on kicks and drives his field goals. Adequate kickoff leg with the ability to get the ball inside the 5-yard line from the pro mark.

NEGATIVES: Does not get great hang time on kickoffs. Will miss the easy kick from shorter distances on occasion. Pled guilty to a misdemeanor drunk driving charge from December of '05.

ANALYSIS: A solid college field-goal kicker very reliable from long distances, Medlock must improve the consistency of his kickoffs to have a real shot at the next level.

Yeah, he could help all 3 areas of the team and play right now.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 10:04 AM
G Nathan Bennett

Dude is a force in the running game.

POSITIVES: Durable and nasty blocker who opens big holes for the running game. Attacks assignments, jolts defenders with his hands and drives them off the line. Displays explosion at the point, always looks for someone to hit and plays hard until the whistle blows.

NEGATIVES: Lacks adjustment, and is not effective in motion and struggles in space.

ANALYSIS: An intelligent lineman who annihilates the opposition in confined quarters, Bennett is one of the more underrated blockers in this draft. Should be a very good fit in a power running offense.

PROJECTION: Early Sixth Round

royr17
I would like to have OG Mansfield Wrotto and CB David Irons and the 5th round.

Micjones
Doug Free, David Irons, Manuel Ramirez...

Two of those three would be a damn good 5th Round.

Mecca
Other than Medlock never misses in games.......especially pressure situations.

Coach
04-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Need a O-Line, possibly some depth on RB, possibly some depth on LB, and DB's, perferably CB's.

Mecca
Ramirez just went so remove him....

the Talking Can
Ramirez off the board to Detroit

Hammock Parties
POSITIVES: Durable and nasty blocker who opens big holes for the running game. Attacks assignments, jolts defenders with his hands and drives them off the line. Displays explosion at the point, always looks for someone to hit and plays hard until the whistle blows.

NEGATIVES: Lacks adjustment, and is not effective in motion and struggles in space.

ANALYSIS: An intelligent lineman who annihilates the opposition in confined quarters, Bennett is one of the more underrated blockers in this draft. Should be a very good fit in a power running offense.

Yep, there you go.

ROAD GRADAH!!!

Coach
04-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Ramirez just went so remove him....

Damn, Detroit picked a good balla. He's gonna be good if given the time and paitence.

Buehler445
04-29-2007, 10:06 AM
At some point I think we have to get O-line and CB. I don't know where you can get them and have them perform. I'd also like to see them get ahold of a running back somewhere. I'm sure Bennett will get breathed on and get hurt again.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Doug Free, David Irons, Manuel Ramirez...

Two of those three would be a damn good 5th Round.

Doug Free

POSITIVES: Smart, alert lineman who stands out in pass protection. Displays a lot of quickness, recognizes blitzes and is an outstanding position blocker who makes effective use of angles. Stays square, keeps defenders in front of him and fights with his hands.

NEGATIVES: Not a dominant run blocker nor a true finisher. More of a finesse lineman than an outright mauler. Suffered a stress fracture in his foot early last season that hampered his play all year.

ANALYSIS: Formerly a tight end, Free has grown into a terrific offensive tackle. Offers a lot of upside for the next level yet may be incorrectly evaluated because of his injury last season. Possesses starting potential and is a bargain outside of the first round.

PROJECTION: Late Fourth Round

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 10:08 AM
There's still a RB I like...Deshawn Wynn.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 10:08 AM
I would like to have OG Mansfield Wrotto and CB David Irons and the 5th round.

Mansfield Wrotto

POSITIVES: Stout, wide-bodied blocker who shows a lot of potential on the offensive line. Quick off the snap, fights with his hands and is strong at the point. Turns defenders off the ball, keeps his feet moving and stays with blocks.

NEGATIVES: Not light on his feet, struggles sliding out to protect the edge and displays minimal skills blocking in motion. Stands to improve his overall body strength and conditioning.

ANALYSIS: Displaying consistent improvement as the year went on, Wrotto is a developmental project with good upside. Played tackle in college, but better off in confined quarters at guard.

JBucc
04-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Where are you getting these scouting reports from?

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 10:10 AM
There's still a RB I like...Deshawn Wynn.

POSITIVES: Strong runner who flashes the ability to take over games. Powerful, picks up a lot of yardage off initial contact and falls forward when tackled. Shows the ability to cut back in a small area and keep runs alive.

NEGATIVES: Not known as a great practice player or hard worker. Not elusive, and does not create yardage. Displays a lot of hesitation to his game. Does not play to his 40 time.

ANALYSIS: Possessing the athleticism and skill to be a feature runner at the next level, Wynn is an underachiever of sorts who never took his game to the next level. Teases scouts with his ability and must start to consistently play at a high level.

PROJECTION: Middle Fifth Round

Tribal Warfare
Marcus Thomas is still on the board

the Talking Can
Where are you getting these scouting reports from?

sports illustrated via google

OnTheWarpath15
I hope Davis Irons drops, but I'm not expecting him to.

Doug Free would be a fine pick as well, not sure if he'll be there either.

For the 100th time this morning: Not having a 4th sucks. Bennett better be the nuts this year.....

Coach
04-29-2007, 10:11 AM
sports illustrated via google

Cool. You're doing a excellent job.

Rep.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Marcus Thomas is still on the board

POSITIVES: Explosive interior lineman who is a force when focused on his game. Plays with good pad level, quickly gets off the snap and is fluid changing direction. Effectively uses his hands to protect himself or get off blocks and makes plays laterally.

NEGATIVES: Gets lazy and takes plays off. Does not give consistent effort trying to shed blocks. Has been in a lot of trouble the past eight months.

ANALYSIS: Possessing first-round physical skills, Thomas offers starting potential at the next level if he makes football a top priority and stays clean off the field.

Skip Towne
04-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Medlock sounds EXACTLY like Tynes.
Tynes is left footed?

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 10:13 AM
For the 100th time this morning: Not having a 4th sucks. Bennett better be the nuts this year.....

amen brother

Mecca
04-29-2007, 10:14 AM
I doubt the Chiefs are going to take 3 DT's in 1 draft.

royr17
I also like CB Kenny Scott

the Talking Can
I like the sound of Irons and Bennett

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2007, 10:15 AM
I doubt the Chiefs are going to take 3 DT's in 1 draft.

BPA

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 10:15 AM
I also like CB Kenny Scott

POSITIVES: Tall cornerback with solid playing speed. Diagnoses the action, displays a sense of timing and knows where he is on the field in relation to opponents. Quickly gets his head back around to locate the ball in the air, and shows a burst of speed to the play.

NEGATIVES: Prefers to side-shuffle down the field. ites on the play-action pass. Average skills transitioning to run with opponents, as well as getting in position to make a play on the ball.

ANALYSIS: A feisty cornerback, Scott projects as a dime back who can play over the slot receiver.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent

Skini
04-29-2007, 10:18 AM
I liked these options...some may fall into the 6th round...excuse me if for some reason they have jumped to the 4th because I just got to the TV...i'll just list the positives on these guys.

Cory Anderson, Fullback, Tennessee

Basically is just al ead blacker that has the ability to catch a few passes. Has decent speed for his size, 6'2, 250.

Brandon Frye, Tackle, Virginia Tech

Reall tough, will play hurt. Really athletic for tackle. Has good feet. Good pass blocker. Could really develop.

Sam Olajubutu, Outside Linebacker, Arkansas

He was Arkansas defensive leader. Voted best playmaker is the SEC. Very instinctive, and is good at blowing up run plays. He is very aggressive. At 5'9, it is said that if he was 6'2, he'd be a first rounder. Sounds like he has good potential, especially on special teams.

Reggie Lewis, Cornerback, Florida

Has good speed. Ex reciever with good hands. Good developmental player. 4 int's, 6 batted passes last season.

Micjones
04-29-2007, 10:19 AM
I like the sound of Irons and Bennett

That or Irons and Free.

Hopefully they both slide that far.

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Marcus Thomas is off the board now, going to Denver

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Basically is just al ead blacker that has the ability to catch a few passes. Has decent speed for his size, 6'2, 250.

Brandon Frye, Tackle, Virginia Tech

Reall tough, will play hurt. Really athletic for tackle. Has good feet. Good pass blocker. Could really develop.

couldn't find SI on Frye

Brandon Frye, OL

* Height: 6-4
* Weight: 301
* 40 Time: 5.08
* Vertical: 32.5
* Shuttle: 4.4
* 3-Cone: 7.5
* Bench Reps: 34

Brandon Frye is an intriguing prospect to many NFL scouts. He is an excellent athlete, with very good quickness and upper body strength for a player his size. But on the other hand, he has virtually no game experience compared to other offensive line prospects in the draft.

Frye did not get any meaningful playing time until the Gator Bowl at the end of his junior season. When Jimmy Martin went down with an injury, Frye had to step up and play for the first time, and he did a good job against All-American defensive end Elvis Dumervil. Frye started as a senior, but was never healthy thanks to an elbow injury suffered against Northeastern and a severely sprained ankle against Miami.

So how good is Frye? No one really knows. His numbers suggest he has a lot of potential, but his on-field play was less than stellar in 2006, partly due to numerous injuries. Also, he probably doesn't have the bulk needed to play tackle in the NFL. He could be moved down to guard by whatever team he inks with.

With little game film and a senior season filled with injuries, NFL teams won't waste a first day or early second day pick on Frye. However, his athletic ability should warrant some team spending a late round draft pick to acquire him.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Doug Free goes to Dallas.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Sam Olajubutu, Outside Linebacker, Arkansas

He was Arkansas defensive leader. Voted best playmaker is the SEC. Very instinctive, and is good at blowing up run plays. He is very aggressive. At 5'9, it is said that if he was 6'2, he'd be a first rounder. Sounds like he has good potential, especially on special teams.

POSITIVES: Tough, instinctive linebacker who makes plays sideline-to-sideline. Diagnoses the action, explodes up the field and chases hard to get involved. Possesses a burst of speed, plays with good overall quickness and flashes on the scene.

NEGATIVES: Does not consistently take proper angles to the action. Short, and blocked by opposing running backs. Mismatched against tight ends in coverage.

ANALYSIS: A hard-working defender who gives great effort, Olajubutu is a good fit in a one-gap system and should be a demon on special teams.

PROJECTION: Middle Seventh Round

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Reggie Lewis, Cornerback, Florida

Has good speed. Ex reciever with good hands. Good developmental player. 4 int's, 6 batted passes last season.

POSITIVES: Athletic cornerback still developing at the position. Reads receiver.s eyes, locates the ball in the air and nicely times pass defenses. Quickly breaks to the action and wins out in battles.

NEGATIVES: Just average pedaling in reverse and prefers to side-shuffle. Struggles downfield with his back to the ball. Does not show top-end speed.

ANALYSIS: A solid athlete who displayed improvement as a senior, Lewis still has a ways to go, yet offers the size/speed numbers to get a look in camp this summer.

PROJECTION: Late Fifth Round

Micjones
04-29-2007, 10:25 AM
DAMN!!!

Brock
04-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Too bad, Allen Barbre is gone.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 10:28 AM
I liked these options...some may fall into the 6th round...excuse me if for some reason they have jumped to the 4th because I just got to the TV...i'll just list the positives on these guys.

Cory Anderson, Fullback, Tennessee

I'll pass on the FB on principle :p

Mecca
Marcus Thomas just went to Denver......

Skini
Lewis sounds like he could be a good pickup to me, sounds like he isn't even close to the peak of his ability yet. I like the idea of having someone like Olajubutu with intensity/speed/ability playing special teams for us.

royr17
shit mansfield wrotto just went off the board.

fuggin seahags.

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Marcus Thomas just went to Denver......

REPOST

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Aundrae Allison is still on the board

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Aundrae Allison is still on the board

who the **** names their kid "aundrae"

POSITIVES: Hot and cold pass catcher who is a force when focused on his game. Quickly releases off the line, displays sharpness running routes and gets separation from opponents. Adjusts to the errant throw, flashes the ability to snatch the pass from the air and

NEGATIVES: Does not play with consistent focus, takes his eyes off the ball and drops some catchable throws. Lazily comes off the line if he.s not directly involved in the action. Not always willing to battle for the difficult reception.

ANALYSIS: Though he suffered with an ankle injury through much of his senior campaign, Allison did not meet expectations last year. Came back and had a strong performance at the Senior Bowl yet his inconsistent play and less than desirable work ethic will hurt him

PROJECTION: Middle Third Round

Micjones
04-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Irons is still there...

If he would just slide 21 more spots...

Micjones
04-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Still quite a ways to go until we go on the clock again.

I'd like to get Irons, but who knows if he'll be there...

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 10:51 AM
13 picks to go...Irons sounds good, which means Cleveland will trade their 2009 2nd to get him

Frosty
04-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Irons and T Adam Koets. Koets is a good tackle but needs some time in the weight room.

Micjones
04-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Ha ha...

With a minute left on the clock...

They're still shitting on us after beating us in December with a guy who should be bagging groceries...

siberian khatru
04-29-2007, 10:53 AM
who the **** names their kid "aundrae"

Remember Aundray Bruce?

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Irons and T Adam Koets. Koets is a good tackle but needs some time in the weight room.

BIOGRAPHY: Three-year starter at left tackle awarded All-Conference honors as a senior.

POSITIVES: Smart, durable blocker with adequate size and growth potential. Plays with outstanding pad level, quickly gets his hands up and effectively places them into defenders. Stays square and seals defenders from the action. Keeps his head on a swivel.

NEGATIVES: Must improve the strength of his base. Rarely gets movement at the point of attack and falls off blocks.

ANALYSIS: Durable and efficient in college, Koets offers a good amount of upside potential as a pass-protecting blindside tackle. Needs to improve his playing strength, yet a solid developmental prospect.

Micjones
04-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Is Bennett still available?

eazyb81
04-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Is Bennett still available?

If you mean Fred Bennett, he's off the board.

Infidel Goat
04-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Doug Datish?

Infidel Goat
04-29-2007, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't mind Kenny Scott either...

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Doug Datish?

POSITIVES: Smart, hard-working blocker who is best in a small area. Quick in all his actions and stays with assignments. Immediately picks up stunts or twists, makes effective use of body positioning and walls defenders from the action.

NEGATIVES: Does not dominate in the middle of the line and falls off blocks. On the ground a bit much. Must improve the shotgun snaps.

ANALYSIS: A durable lineman with the versatility to be used at several positions, Datish comes off a terrific senior season and has elevated his draft stock. Does not possess great upside yet is a polished blocker who could fill several roles at the next level.

royr17
04-29-2007, 11:05 AM
How good is Tarrell Brown from Texas ?

Mecca
Hrm maybe we should take the kicker he does have a booming leg.

Hammock Parties
Bennett still there.

royr17
04-29-2007, 11:06 AM
yea that a good idea draft mason crosby.

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Hrm maybe we should take the kicker he does have a booming leg.

Crosby or Medlock?

shakesthecat
04-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Hey Can,
Thanks for providing the scouting reports for lazy bastards like myself. :toast:

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Crosby or Medlock?

Allison then Medlock

CoMoChief
04-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Rufus Alexander, Courtney Brown, Mason Crosby

the Talking Can

can't find a solo report for him

ChiefsCountry
Cards got a good pick.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Hey Can,
Thanks for providing the scouting reports for lazy bastards like myself. :toast:

no problem..it keeps me interested

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Forget about Crosby. Not happening.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Rufus Alexander
POSITIVES: Athletic, playmaking linebacker best suited for a one-gap system. Instinctive, displays good awareness and remains disciplined with assignments. Quickly fills gaps up the field, gets depth on drops and covers a lot of area in space.

NEGATIVES: Can be slowed at the point by blocks or swallowed up altogether by opponents. Has shown a propensity to take plays off in the past.

ANALYSIS: A very productive defender the past three seasons, Alexander offers potential on the weak side in a system that allows him to freely flow to the play.

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Rufus Alexander,

I forgot he was still on the Board, a Butkus finalist I'd pick him up in a flash

Mecca
04-29-2007, 11:13 AM

It would totally suck to have a young kicker with tremendous potential than can actually kick a touchback.......

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Rufus Alexander, Courtney Brown, Mason Crosby

from an article on "hidden gems" at SI

• Courtney Brown/CB/Cal-Poly: Brown has garnered a lot of interest since his pro day. Measuring just over 6-1 and 196-pounds, Brown twice broke 4.4 when he ran for scouts. Visiting and working out for nearly a half dozen teams, Brown could go in the fourth round.

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2007, 11:14 AM

You still have a hard on for Tynes.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 11:14 AM
I drafted Courtney Brown on Madden. Heh.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 11:15 AM
You still have a hard on for Tynes.

Yes, but I'm also realistic.

If we draft a kicker I'll profess my undying love for the Denver Broncos.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Also drafting Crosby would totally piss off the Denver fans.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Tynes blows.......I'm sorry he needs to be replaced. He's had plenty of time and he still is blah.

Hammock Parties
Not happening. Herm himself said he was a fine kicker. He's not Jason Elam but he's not Jose Cortez...

OnTheWarpath15

Anyone have CP on speed dial?

Maybe we can work something out......

:p

Direckshun
04-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Crosby wouldn't be a bad pick...

We have two kickers signed, though.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Crosby wouldn't be a bad pick...

We have two kickers signed, though.

Yea you know........1 can be cut.

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Chiefs were intrested in Medlock I know so I think kicker could be possible in this draft.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 11:19 AM
2 picks to go

Irons and Bennett still on the board

Direckshun
04-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Yea you know........1 can be cut.
Just don't know why we would sign two kickers if we have a K on our draft value chart.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Just don't know why we would sign two kickers if we have a K on our draft value chart.

Well most people thought Crosby was a first day pick........things change during the draft.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Aundre Allison taken

1 pick left

JimNasium
04-29-2007, 11:21 AM
F*cking ESPN. Commercial break!!!!!!!!!

Direckshun
Well most people thought Crosby was a first day pick........things change during the draft.
I find myself itchy and intrigued.

KevB
I like Irons, Wynn and Siler (or best available OL).

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2007, 11:22 AM
49ers took Brown from Texas.

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Cal pick Alexander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mecca
04-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Irons and Siler were both expected first day picks also.....so that's 3 guys that were projected 1st day still left.

Direckshun
It's going to be CB or OL.

Has to be.

LiL stumppy
Cal pick Alexander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rufus Alexander?

the Talking Can

just got picked

we're up

Irons is ours if we want him

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Welllllll...

Mecca
Kolby Smith is our pick...

Hammock Parties
LJ's backup?

kcfanXIII
with the 148th pick overall the chiefs select:

kolby smith, rb louisville

the Talking Can
ha ha

who?????

ChiefsCountry
Kolby Smith, decent pick

Tribal Warfare
WTF??????/ Kolby Smith?

royr17
yea buddy, kolby smith in the house

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 11:26 AM
ha ha

who?????

POSITIVES: Well-built, athletic ball carrier with solid upside. Runs with good lean, follows blocks and finds the lanes. Quick through the hole, displays the speed and agility to cut the corner or makes defenders miss in a small area.

NEGATIVES: Does not run with top balance or instincts. Has never stood out in any single aspect of the game.

ANALYSIS: Possessing outstanding size/speed numbers, Smith is an average football player who has yet to consistently translate his athletic skills onto the field. Must consistently play at a high level to have any chance of producing in the NFL.

PROJECTION: Early Fourth Round

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Nice pick. Scouting report read well.

Rausch
04-29-2007, 11:27 AM
RB?

WTF?...

LiL stumppy
I hope he can block. Because he sure as hell cant run the football.

Mecca
He played with Mike Bush got hurt, he looked like he was pretty solid.

KevB
04-29-2007, 11:33 AM

Solid comment....5.8 yards/carry his senior year is terrible.
:rolleyes:

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2007, 11:33 AM
I hope he can block. Because he sure as hell cant run the football.Yeah, that 5.9 career YPC says he sucks ASS.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 11:34 AM

I enjoy how you hate every pick....

ChiefsCountry
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/draft/2007/video/?c=Position&p=86523&s=1511727

the Talking Can
ha ha

who?????

POSITIVES: Well-built, athletic ball carrier with solid upside. Runs with good lean, follows blocks and finds the lanes. Quick through the hole, displays the speed and agility to cut the corner or makes defenders miss in a small area.

NEGATIVES: Does not run with top balance or instincts. Has never stood out in any single aspect of the game.

ANALYSIS: Possessing outstanding size/speed numbers, Smith is an average football player who has yet to consistently translate his athletic skills onto the field. Must consistently play at a high level to have any chance of producing in the NFL.

PROJECTION: Early Fourth Round

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2007, 11:37 AM
I enjoy how you hate every pick....

He is still ticked bc we havent reached for an OL yet.

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Kolby Smith is a cousin of Mike Brown Safety for the Bears

Deberg_1990
04-29-2007, 11:41 AM

Look, nobody knows for sure how any of these guys will pan out.

Montana - 4th rounder

Brady - 6th rounder

Terrell Davis - 6th rounder

Its all just a gamble. Vegas is a safer bet than the NFL draft.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Lil Stumpy's like 12...ignore him.

Infidel Goat
04-29-2007, 11:42 AM
I like the pick because it will allow us to use Bennett as a third down back.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 11:43 AM
He's one of those people that thinks you should reach for shitty lineman.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Lil Stumpy's like 12...ignore him.And not a particularly smart 12-year-old, at that.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Irons and Bennett still on the board

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Irons, Scott, and Bennett still there

blueballs
04-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Bennett can mentor Kolby
LJ sure as hell will not

Prince22
04-29-2007, 11:57 AM
I've watched this kid play many times and IMO he's a product of Petrino's system. Every RB on UL's team averaged over 5 yards a carry. I dont expect much from this kid but I hope i'm wrong.

royr17
04-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Lets go CB at this pick or K.

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2007, 12:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/alexander_rufus

Chiefaholic
04-29-2007, 12:00 PM
I'de like to see Kenny Scott as our next pick

royr17
04-29-2007, 12:02 PM
I wished we could've got CB C.J. Gaddis

88TG88
WTFFFFFFF

Ultra Peanut
BYE TYNES

beer bacon
Carl Peterson and the UCLA connection :rolleyes:

Asshole.

Easy 6
Lets go CB at this pick or K.

Clemenza says..."Leave the kicker, take the CB"

the Talking Can
pick 160

Chiefs take:

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2007, 12:03 PM
AYE, LAWRENCE, YE BE 'AVIN A TOUGH DAY

Tribal Warfare
it's Medlock :rockon:

blueballs
Tynes' kilt is in a bunch now

Chiefaholic
04-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Looks like Tynes missed one too many chip shot field goals. Solid pick at this point in the draft. I like it.

rad
04-29-2007, 12:07 PM

That's a sweet sig right there....

Mecca
04-29-2007, 12:08 PM
I like how someone is mad.....Medlock is a great kicker, take it from someone who saw him play alot.

Also yo GoChiefs you have to leave and be a Denver fan now we picked a Kicker.

siberian khatru
04-29-2007, 12:11 PM
AYE, LAWRENCE, YE BE 'AVIN A TOUGH DAY

ROFL

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/6/B/willie.jpg

Easy 6
04-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Morgan Spurlock???

Jason Whitlock???

I dont like this pick at all.

But as long as Mecca says its great, we should all just STFU.

rad
04-29-2007, 12:13 PM
I like how someone is mad.....Medlock is a great kicker, take it from someone who saw him play alot.

We didn't have to take a kicker this early though.

beer bacon
04-29-2007, 12:26 PM

I get suspicious whenever we draft anyone from UCLA.

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 12:27 PM
We didn't have to take a kicker this early though.

Who else were we going to take?

This is another BPA pick that's also an upgrade.

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 12:28 PM
I get suspicious whenever we draft anyone from UCLA.

We have two players on our defense from UCLA... :hmmm:

keg in kc
04-29-2007, 12:33 PM
It's a fifth round pick. Christ. Who gives a shit. This is the special teams part of the draft. If we get anything out of a choice at this part of the draft, it's a good selection. A kicker stands to have as much or more impact on a week-to-week basis as anybody else we could possibly draft now. I mean, hell, too bad we drafted a kicker instead of, I don't know, our gunner of the future. Maybe we missed out on our 5th string practice squad guard. Dammit Carl.

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 12:42 PM
It's a fifth round pick. Christ. Who gives a shit. This is the special teams part of the draft. If we get anything out of a choice at this part of the draft, it's a good selection. A kicker stands to have as much or more impact on a week-to-week basis as anybody else we could possibly draft now. I mean, hell, too bad we drafted a kicker instead of, I don't know, our gunner of the future. Maybe we missed out on our 5th string practice squad guard. Dammit Carl.

Exactly.

rad
04-29-2007, 12:42 PM

I think it's better to take flyer on a CB or LB that can block or tackle on kickoffs than waste a draft pick on a position that can be better filled afterwards in UDFA.

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 12:47 PM
I think it's better to take flyer on a CB or LB that can block or tackle on kickoffs than waste a draft pick on a position that can be better filled afterwards in UDFA.

You won't get a kicker like Medlock in UDFA.

Sorry.

keg in kc
04-29-2007, 12:47 PM
I think it's better to take flyer on a CB or LB that can block or tackle on kickoffs than waste a draft pick on a position that can be better filled afterwards in UDFA.Yeah, because there's always talent floating around in free agency at kicker.

Oh, wait.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 12:50 PM
People bitch about taking a kicker.......what would you give up for a top 5 kicker.......yea I thought so.

This guy is better than shitty ass Tynes already, it's a good pick.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Tynes isn't shitty.

Rausch
04-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Who else were we going to take?

This is another BPA pick that's also an upgrade.

I'd agree with competition but an upgrade? While Tynes is nowhere near automatic for the most part he's been solid. With K being so much of a mindgame and confidence being an issue I just don't know.

I'm not so much worried about spending a 5th on a kicker as much as not even looking at our lack of depth on the O line. We definitely went with talent over biggest need...

keg in kc
04-29-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm not so much worried about spending a 5th on a kicker as much as not even looking at our lack of depth on the O line. We definitely went with talent over biggest need...Would drafting o-linemen in the 5th really do anything to our depth other than add another body that's exactly like the other bodies we have on the roster, but with even less experience? If o-line was a need, in that sense, then we should have filled it yesterday, or we should be looking in free agency/trading. We have a whole locker room full of second day picks. Anyone we draft at this point is going to be another Svitek, or Sampson, or Stallings, and not have any impact on the '07 squad, and not likely the '08 or '09 one, either.

KCinNY
04-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Tynes isn't shitty.

He ain't automatic either.

I'm glad they drafted a kicker. If Tynes wants to keep his job he'll have to be awesome in River Falls.

Rausch
04-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Would drafting o-linemen in the 5th really do anything to our depth other than add another body that's exactly like the other bodies we have on the roster, but with even less experience? If o-line was a need, in that sense, then we should have filled it yesterday, or we should be looking in free agency/trading. We have a whole locker room full of second day picks. Anyone we draft at this point is going to be another Svitek, or Sampson, or Stallings, and not have any impact on the '07 squad, and not likely the '08 or '09 one, either.

I'm not just talking about round 5 I'm talking about the whole draft. Nothing at all so far? And if you think a 5th is unlikely to have an immediate impact a 6th or 7th isn't even likely to make the team.

Coach
04-29-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm not just talking about round 5 I'm talking about the whole draft. Nothing at all so far? And if you think a 5th is unlikely to have an immediate impact a 6th or 7th isn't even likely to make the team.

Except if you're Jarred Page. :p

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 01:10 PM
I'd agree with competition but an upgrade? While Tynes is nowhere near automatic for the most part he's been solid. With K being so much of a mindgame and confidence being an issue I just don't know.

It's an upgrade because I want them to get rid of as many of Vermeil's players as possible.

We definitely went with talent over biggest need...

And I couldn't be happier. I've waited 20 years for drafts like the last 2.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 01:14 PM
GoChiefs will defend his boy........

Did you hear Kiper.....in the last 2 years under 40 Medlock was something like 39/40

noa
04-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Tynes isn't shitty.

Tynes has the physical ability to be a great kicker, its just the mental part that's the problem. Missing 23 yard field goals and extra points is a sign that he has confidence issues, and the last thing you want is a kicker who can fall into a mental slump. See what happened to Vanderjagt after things started to get shaky. He was one of the most accurate kickers of all time, but then all of the sudden, the mental pressure got to him. His career went down the dumps.

keg in kc
I'm not just talking about round 5 I'm talking about the whole draft. Nothing at all so far? And if you think a 5th is unlikely to have an immediate impact a 6th or 7th isn't even likely to make the team.That was my point...

Thing is, we filled needs yesterday, too. This isn't something that's going to be fixed in 1 or even 2 offseasons. Vermeil's drafts left the cupboard bare. Brett Williams and Jordan Black and Alex Sulfsted are the reason we are where we are, as much as Ryan Sims and Julian Battle and Junior Siavii are.

I wish we'd had a couple more day 1 picks. You can only do so much.

Rausch
It's an upgrade because I want them to get rid of as many of Vermeil's players as possible.

Fair enough...

And I couldn't be happier. I've waited 20 years for drafts like the last 2.

And so far I can't argue with the talent Herm/Carl have added. I also don't think our top 3 were bad players or bad picks, and I really love going after a big play WR, I just don't like our head-in-sand approach to the offensive line over the last two years. I think our new LT should be a big upgrade but we've got no depth.

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Damn Im good. I called the Medlock pick a long time ago.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Bump.

There are bound to be some gems in here.

Mile High Mania
09-10-2007, 12:15 PM
GoChiefs will defend his boy........

Did you hear Kiper.....in the last 2 years under 40 Medlock was something like 39/40

:hmmm:

Mr. Laz
09-10-2007, 12:25 PM

FAX
09-10-2007, 05:03 PM
You won't get a kicker like Medlock in UDFA.

Sorry.

ROFL

But, you can get one off the waiver wire.

FAX

Fairplay
09-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Damn Im good. I called the Medlock pick a long time ago.

I curse thee.

DenverChief
09-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATSE

LMAO