PDA

View Full Version : am I the only one on this site

percysnow
04-29-2007, 10:39 AM
who wants trent to be our starting QB?

MIAdragon
04-29-2007, 10:43 AM
what good will come from that?? Its time to start over, as much as I like Trent his time has come here.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm right there with you.

Direckshun
04-29-2007, 10:44 AM
I hope you are.

If Trent starts in 2007, he stunts any chance to give Croyle playing time and it hurts us in 2008 and 2009.

percysnow
04-29-2007, 11:17 AM
how did complete 360 of Trent come about. . 4000 yrd plus passer. . .then he gets a serious injury has a tough year and everyone writes him off?. . .Trent could be the man. . .offense has never been our problem. . trent has lead some of the greatest offenses this orginization has ever seen. . maybe if we get a line and LJ decides to throw a b lock Tren is still a great QB. . please someone up that gif of him laying out that Bill so we can remember the real trent

percysnow
04-29-2007, 11:18 AM
and all this faith in Croyle??? u gotta be kidding me. . I think this kids a bust (I hope Im wrong) but he is nowhere near ready to start in the NFL

Mecca
04-29-2007, 11:19 AM
I don't see how it helps us, we aren't a bowl team. so we win 7 games and we still have no idea what Croyle is and are in the same spot next year we are in this one....

OnTheWarpath15
04-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Croyle will not be a bust.

But it has always been implied that he's be groomed to be the starter in 2008.

Not sure how keeping Trent stunts his growth.

If anything, I think another year of being tutored would help him immensely.

Rausch
04-29-2007, 11:24 AM
and all this faith in Croyle??? u gotta be kidding me. . I think this kids a bust (I hope Im wrong) but he is nowhere near ready to start in the NFL

I think Huard's proven he is. Either way, we don't need Green.

We do need O lineman and DT's...

LiL stumppy
04-29-2007, 11:24 AM
nope i believe he deserves it if hes still here

Easy 6
04-29-2007, 11:26 AM
If he's fully recovered, Trent gives us our best shot in 07.

King Kong Brody probably isnt ready for Prime-Time yet, the more time he has to recover from the college injuries, bulk up & learn the system inside/out, the better.

StcChief
04-29-2007, 11:39 AM
If Trent is the best in competition with them.. so be it.

I want the best player to be at every position.

Herm works that way too.... no favorites.

milkman
04-29-2007, 11:39 AM

Our best shot in '07 probably nets us a 2nd place finish in the division and a first round playoff exit.

I can't tell you how excited I am about that possibility.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Our best shot in '07 probably nets us a 2nd place finish in the division and a first round playoff exit.

I can't tell you how excited I am about that possibility.

And totally screws us out of a chance at an elite OT prospect........lets get pumped.

MIAdragon
04-29-2007, 11:42 AM

King Kong Brody probably isnt ready for Prime-Time yet, the more time he has to recover from the college injuries, bulk up & learn the system inside/out, the better.

for what a chance to squeak into the playoffs and get bounced out in the first round? Give Croyle a chance see if he is legit if not the at least we know.

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Hell yes, I still want him on the team his leadership is invaluable

Easy 6
04-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Your SO right guys, lets suck this year...that'll be fun.

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 11:45 AM

Yeah, he's a bust. He's had ample opportunity to show something and he's shown squat. Trade him.

MIAdragon
04-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Hell yes, I still want him on the team his leadership is invaluable

But does he need to start to take advantage of his leadership skills? If he will restructure id love to see him mentor Croyle then take a position with the staff here.

blueballs
04-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Trent is Dunn's backup

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2007, 11:50 AM
But does he need to start to take advantage of his leadership skills?

The best QB will take the field period, and Trent is the man

vailpass
04-29-2007, 11:56 AM
*Trent looked horible when he returned last year
*Trent is 37 going on 38 years old
*He is markedly more vulnerable to a second serious concussion after suffering a first
*KC's O-line will allow QB sacks this year
*KC is the oldest team in the NFL (according to ESPN) and is in a rebuilding mode
*Green's salary number is $7mil.

Why the fluck would you want Green as your starting QB?

88TG88
04-29-2007, 11:58 AM
*He is markedly more vulnerable to a second serious concussion after suffering a first
*KC is the oldest team in the NFL (according to ESPN) and is in a rebuilding mode

My thoughts exactly

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2007, 11:58 AM

He's a leader, and leaders don't give up.he's had plenty of time to rest

PastorMikH
04-29-2007, 12:02 PM
I'd like to see Trent back and starting.

Here's how the depth chart would look to me...

#1 Trent (Unless Huard legitimately beats him out in TC)
#2 Croyle
#3 Huard (moves to #1 if Green gets hurt)

If we have a strong lead or the game is a clear loss, bench the starter and let Croyle play. Give him as much experience as we can when the game is decided - but don't just send him in to take 3 knees inside 2 min to go, send him in and let him play.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-29-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm rooting for Trent. I'd love to see him prove everyone who thinks he's done wrong. But ultimately I want the best player to play no matter who that is.

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 12:17 PM

Because people fear change.

chiefsfan1963
04-29-2007, 03:07 PM
who wants trent to be our starting QB?

I'm with you.

Slick32
04-29-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm sure there are more of us around than you might expect, but from the heat I've gotten over the past three weeks many of the fans feel that Trent should be judged after his return from the concussion (my interpetation of the commentary).

Trent has been virtually injury free since starting for the Chiefs. One severe concussion had an impact on his play when he returned, whether it was resulting from the concussion or in his head about getting smacked like he did, BUT it that was the case he would have thrown more balls into the 3rd row of seats when the pressure came, he took the sacks and also ran for yardage when it was closing up in the backfield.

I'm anxious to see him start again this year and prove those of us right that support his return and those wrong that don't. Those that want him back might be optimistic and those that might not want him back might be short sighted, but in the end we will all have an answer.

ME? I'm happy to keep him as a Chief.

Slick32
04-29-2007, 03:41 PM
I think Huard's proven he is. Either way, we don't need Green.

We do need O lineman and DT's...

If you are hanging your hat on Huard I think you would be terribly out of sorts when you find out that 1) he is not as good as you think and 2) he will not be a positive mentor for Croyle.

percysnow
04-29-2007, 03:43 PM

wow we have a doctor on the forum. . and 37 is not that old for an NFL QB to one or 2 more years. . second even if the chiefs get rid of him they r not goinmg to put that 7 million to good use anyway. . .every teams O lione will allow sacks this year. . .croyle sucks big fat donkey balls. . and did nothing in his few shiort appearences to even remotely show signs that he is good. . .

Mr. Laz
Keep Green for the whole year and let him compete unless somebody makes a REAL offer.

since now we don't get the pick until next year, nothing less than a 3rd is acceptable.

Slick32
for what a chance to squeak into the playoffs and get bounced out in the first round? Give Croyle a chance see if he is legit if not the at least we know.

That is the most defeatist attitude I've ever heard. Green didn't lose the game for us in the Playoffs, Herman did. If Herman pulls his head out of his backside he will see that we still have a little punch in the offense, all he has to do is use it.

OnTheWarpath15
04-29-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm sure there are more of us around than you might expect, but from the heat I've gotten over the past three weeks many of the fans feel that Trent should be judged after his return from the concussion (my interpetation of the commentary).

Trent has been virtually injury free since starting for the Chiefs. One severe concussion had an impact on his play when he returned, whether it was resulting from the concussion or in his head about getting smacked like he did, BUT it that was the case he would have thrown more balls into the 3rd row of seats when the pressure came, he took the sacks and also ran for yardage when it was closing up in the backfield.

I'm anxious to see him start again this year and prove those of us right that support his return and those wrong that don't. Those that want him back might be optimistic and those that might not want him back might be short sighted, but in the end we will all have an answer.

ME? I'm happy to keep him as a Chief.

:clap: :clap:

Nice post.

And can only speak for myself, but I'm not scared of change.

Had Trent been traded, I would have been fine with starting the Brodie Croyle are a year earlier than expected. When Croyle was drafted, the consensus was that he'd be the starter in 2008.

Since Trent wasn't traded, I'm perfectly fine with allowing him to stick around and compete for the job, which I'm very confident he will win.

The guy had multiple 4,000 yard seasons for us before having his brain scrambled, and I honestly think he came back too soon. I really think he should have sat the entire year.

Had that happened, we wouldn't have all these people thinking Trent Green has "lost it" all of a sudden.

tk13
04-29-2007, 03:48 PM
I think we should trade him and just get the distraction out of the way, because that's what it is going to be. But if we're going to keep him on the roster and pay him, he better get a fair shot to win the starting job. I think he was the only offensive player who showed up in the playoff game. The line couldn't hold blocks for two seconds, LJ didn't break any tackles, and the WR's dropped 4 or 5 passes on the hands. Trent was right on the money to them until the 4th quarter when he had to start forcing it downfield, which never works against the Colts.

I don't think he has a ton of years left but I don't think he's a total wash out either yet. But I'm not sure Herm doesn't want to throw the ball downfield more with someone like Huard or Croyle. I almost think Miami would use his talents better than we would, but we'll see.

brent102fire
04-29-2007, 04:00 PM
I would love to see Trent as the starter this season...I also think Croyle could learn alot holding the clipboard another year. Hopefully, Trent lines up as the starter, he's the best chance the Chiefs have at going to the SB.

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 04:04 PM
I think we should trade him and just get the distraction out of the way, because that's what it is going to be.

Good point.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-29-2007, 04:07 PM
That is the most defeatist attitude I've ever heard. Green didn't lose the game for us in the Playoffs, Herman did. If Herman pulls his head out of his backside he will see that we still have a little punch in the offense, all he has to do is use it.

Okay. I want Trent to start for this team in 07 if he's the best QB on the roster. I think he is. As bad as Herm's game plan was in the playoffs last year, let's not pretend Green was anywhere close to what he's been the last 5 years. If that was the case we would've gotten the 2nd round pick out of Miami happily. No one really knows what he's gonna do this year. I think he's had the time to recover and will go back to form. He was a big part of our collapse at the end of last season and a BIG reason Indy shut LJ down. Our wideouts may suck, but Green has delivered to them anyway in the past. He just couldn't get it done last year. It's understandable.

Otter
04-29-2007, 04:08 PM
I hope so.

Raiders have Jamarcus Russel
Broncos have Jay Cutler
Sandy Eggo has Phillip Rivers

Time to find out what we have (or don't have for that matter) in Brodie Croyle if for nothing else not to fall behind the curve. And we're not gonna find out by him sitting on the bench. Love ya Trent, sorry I doubted you but it's time for the young guns.

BRODIE!!! BRODIE!!! BRODIE!!!

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 04:09 PM
I would love to see Trent as the starter this season...I also think Croyle could learn alot holding the clipboard another year. Hopefully, Trent lines up as the starter, he's the best chance the Chiefs have at going to the SB.

What in the hell is Croyle gonna learn this year holding the clipboard that he didn't learn last year? It's time to get him some real game experience...

Buehler445
04-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Let me preface this by saying I hope someone comes along and gives us a good deal for Trent, and we can get contributing players. If that does not happen, I want the chiefs to objectively evaluate the best QB in Training camp. Putting a QB that has potential or will come around or has proven this and that doesn't do us much good. We need someone who will keep the defense off the field for more than 5.3 seconds. And if Croyle shows that he doesn't deserve the chance to start in 07 or 08, we need to find something else.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-29-2007, 04:23 PM
What in the hell is Croyle gonna learn this year holding the clipboard that he didn't learn last year? It's time to get him some real game experience...

I think this is the best chance he has. I think it's exactly what the Chiefs want, but if he's not the starter it will be because the coaching staff doesn't think he has what it takes. Sounds like they may already know it. He hasn't had an opportunity to show it sure, but lots of guys never get the chance. You have to show the coaches that you deserve a shot. Doesn't sound like he's done it yet.

Redtide
04-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Huard all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 04:28 PM
If Brodie can't beat out a 40-year old, rag-armed, brain-scrambled journeyman, he won't make it anyway.

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Putting a QB that has potential or will come around or has proven this and that doesn't do us much good.

What?

What does us no good is trotting out another 30-something stop-gap and going 8-8. All it does is delay the jury on Croyle another year. Windows in the NFL aren't over forever.

And if Croyle shows that he doesn't deserve the chance to start in 07 or 08, we need to find something else.

The only way you're going to know what Croyle shows is to give him a chance to show something. This team isn't ready for a Super Bowl run. If Croyle shows he deserves to start in 2008, he should be the starter NOW to get ready for 2008. Furthermore, it's a NO LOSE situation. If Croyle flames out and we "need to find something else" we'll be in prime position to draft someone like Brian Brohm next year.

jAZ
If he's here in September and if he gives us the best chance to win, he should be our starter... Croyle starting in 2007 was not in anyone's plans when he was drafted last year.

htismaqe
I think this is the best chance he has. I think it's exactly what the Chiefs want, but if he's not the starter it will be because the coaching staff doesn't think he has what it takes. Sounds like they may already know it. He hasn't had an opportunity to show it sure, but lots of guys never get the chance. You have to show the coaches that you deserve a shot. Doesn't sound like he's done it yet.

The coaching staff already thinks he has what it takes.

If they didn't, they would have re-signed Huard for a paltry contract and tried to trade Green.

Otter
04-29-2007, 04:39 PM
If he's here in September and if he gives us the best chance to win, he should be our starter... Croyle starting in 2007 was not in anyone's plans when he was drafted last year.

So what was the plan?

P.S. - Ask Carl where he got that gold and red silk tie, I love that one.

alanm
04-29-2007, 04:47 PM
If Green stays and that's a big if... and they come out in the mini camps and TC with Herm saying the best man will start. And Green still wins the job. Then that tells me that Croyle ain't good enough to beat out a 37 yr old has been(everyone else's words not mine) with scrambled eggs for brains. It would speak volumes for Croyles physical abilities and we're no where near a replacement for Green.

Manila-Chief
04-29-2007, 07:51 PM
IIRC the Chiefs have been saying they are going to give Brodie every opportunity to start ... beginning with the preseasons games and if he is what they think he is then he will start the season ... even if Green is here.

I hate to see Trent go. But, because of Herm's new offensive philosophy I think Trent will not be a fit for what Herm wants to accomplish on O. Trent is trained to score quickly and Herm wants the O to hold the ball as long as possible. Plus Herm is afraid of turn overs and our old O allowed a few of those. Therefore, Trent will be a better fit for the Fins since they will run our old O. So, I hope he gets to finish up down there.

I have no idea as to whether Brodie will lead us to a championship or if he will be a failure, but we need to find out now. We need to be retooling to build a championship team in a couple of years down the road. Therefore, finding about Brodie's talent is best done now.

Manila-Chief
04-29-2007, 08:01 PM
If Brodie can't beat out a 40-year old, rag-armed, brain-scrambled journeyman, he won't make it anyway.

We may be in big trouble ... this is twice today that I have agreed with you!!! You are exactly correct.

I like the fact that Herm allows open competition for all the positions. DV kept saying the players only rented their positions but he predetermined who was the best player. I would like every player to have to earn his starting job each year. That will make us a much better team

Coogs
04-29-2007, 08:09 PM
What?

What does us no good is trotting out another 30-something stop-gap and going 8-8. All it does is delay the jury on Croyle another year. Windows in the NFL aren't over forever.

The only way you're going to know what Croyle shows is to give him a chance to show something. This team isn't ready for a Super Bowl run. If Croyle shows he deserves to start in 2008, he should be the starter NOW to get ready for 2008. Furthermore, it's a NO LOSE situation. If Croyle flames out and we "need to find something else" we'll be in prime position to draft someone like Brian Brohm next year.

:thumb:

Just posted something very similar in another thread.

brent102fire
04-29-2007, 08:13 PM

I don't think you can learn everything you need to learn in one year...and he had to watch Huard who was in an ultra conservative gameplan...I think there's alot Croyle could learn from Trent being the starter...the same situation Steve Young was in...

listopencil
04-29-2007, 09:05 PM
All crap talking aside I worry about Trent Green playing QB. The guy seems pretty classy to me and I'd hate to see him suffer long term health problems.

Brock
04-29-2007, 09:23 PM
If Croyle isn't ready to claim the job now, he probably never will be.