PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Carl and Herm on kcchiefs.com

RealSNR
04-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Check out the interview video on kcchiefs.com about the 5th round picks.

Medlock seems like a Carl pick. Herm did his usual "yeah, he's accurate. He's good." stuff, but Carl really sold this guy. When asked about the situation with Tynes, Herm said "we'll see." Carl also brought up the fact that it has more to do with contract numbers than anything. Tynes is only tied to this franchise with a one-year deal.

Also talked about Kolby Smith. It sounds like there's going to be a few packages out there this season with both LJ and Smith, where we can put in 3 receivers, split Smith out, and still run the ball. They're most likely going to have him doing a bit of blocking in addition to being a backup RB/3rd down back with Bennet and a special teams player. A VERY nice step-up from Dee ****ing Brown.

Finally, it sounded like Rhonda Moss was peppering Carl with questions regarding Trent. After a bunch of "well, no, I didn't say that" and backtracking and non-answers, Carl said, "If the season started tomorrow on April 30th, Trent would be our starting QB." and left it at that. He mentioned that he's going to leave it up to Herm to pick the best guy for the job before the season starts. Also, we're definitely prepared to pay Trent whatever is left on his contract. If that means he's a starter, then fine. If not, then we're still gonna keep him around probably, maybe restructure his deal or something.

RealSNR
04-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Bump

BigRock
04-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Rhonda is a tard.

Carl says point blank that the cap is fine and they can carry Trent's salary now, through training camp, and all through the season. SUCK IT, MIAMI.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 02:53 PM
I just finished watching it. They seem very beaten down about the Trent Green situation.

"Our phones work."

Miami = pricks

Extra Point
04-29-2007, 02:57 PM
WHY? WHY!? WHY is Rhonda Moss employed in KC?!!! She is a corn fed cow!!!

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 02:58 PM
WHY? WHY!? WHY is Rhonda Moss employed in KC?!!! She is a corn fed cow!!!

I respect Rhonda. At least she asks some tough questions. Then the Chiefs react like she's out of line. The way the Chiefs treat the KC media is disgusting. Then they suck off national big shots like John Clayton.

bdeg
04-29-2007, 03:01 PM
I respect Rhonda. At least she asks some tough questions. Then the Chiefs react like she's out of line. The way the Chiefs treat the KC media is disgusting. Then they suck off national big shots like John Clayton.

Anyone else see Carl Peterson call Trey Wingo "Zach" during their interview?

TWICE?

"OK, thanks Zach!"

BigRock
04-29-2007, 03:01 PM
It was retarded. She is retarded. Only a drooling idiot couldn't grasp what Carl was saying. His statement that "if the season started tomorrow, Trent would be our quarterback" does not mean that there won't be competition for the QB job in training camp this summer. He had to explain it to her like she was 3 years old.

And I think you're misreading them if you think they're beaten down about the Trent situation.

CoMoChief
04-29-2007, 03:02 PM
No MIA is smart. You don't wanna give up a 3rd-4th round pick for a QB that just came off of a major concussion injury who is 37 yrs old. Now Carl won't settle for a 6th round pick, and that's fine that he's holding his ground, but I don't see how Trent is gonna be a KC Chief anytime past TC.

MIA isn't going to the playoffs we all know that. The defense is good but that offense is gonna blow ass. Trent Green was an avg QB who played great behind some of the one of the best Olines in NFL history.

He's a fantastic human being and team player, but let's be real here. The Oline he played behind when he came back from his injury is no worse than what he will have to deal with in MIA, and looked how he played when he came back. All of us can agree that he played scared. Did I mention that Brett Favre is the only QB that is older than Trent. And sorry folks, but Brett Favre > Trent Green.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 03:03 PM
And I think you're misreading them if you think they're beaten down about the Trent situation.

I was reading their expressions. As soon as someone said "Trent Green" they reacted as if someone had died.

BigRock
04-29-2007, 03:06 PM
They're probably tired of talking about it. They're probably tired period, the draft is rough.

shaneo69
04-29-2007, 03:15 PM
I think now you will see Trent lose his "nice guy" persona if Carl is going to force his hand. The head coach doesn't want him here, Trent doesn't want to be here, the draft is over, Carl screwed the pooch and lost a shot at the 7th rounder that Miami offered. Now we will get nothing.

chop
04-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I think now you will see Trent lose his "nice guy" persona if Carl is going to force his hand. The head coach doesn't want him here, Trent doesn't want to be here, the draft is over, Carl screwed the pooch and lost a shot at the 7th rounder that Miami offered. Now we will get nothing.

Oh no, they lost a 7th round pick. Forget the superbowl now!

eazyb81
04-29-2007, 03:30 PM

Aww, poor Trent Green. If Trent doesn't want to here, then he needs to stop acting like a little bitch and be open to restructuring his deal for teams besides Miami. I've lost a lot of respect for him during this process.

stlchiefs
04-29-2007, 03:35 PM

fock a 7th rounder. I'd have rather Carl held his ground trying to get a 4th and got nothing than a 7th. 7th is a crapshoot (like a lot of the draft), but a lot of the players teams look at in the 7th are still available to sign after the draft.

el borracho
04-29-2007, 03:40 PM
"Screwed the pooch" by not getting a 7th rounder? I'm sorry, but that is retarded. Carl did the right thing refusing that 7th rounder. Even if the Chiefs cut Trent Carl still negotiated correctly. A 7th is worth almost nothing.

DaWolf
04-29-2007, 04:10 PM
At this point I would hold on to Green as long as possible just to screw over Miami AND Green and his agent who have been sabotaging every piece of leverage we had from the beginning. The later he arrives there the harder it will be for both sides to incorporate into the system for the season, and Green has typically been a very slow starter anyway. I know Carl won't do that because he "respects Trent so much" but I am a vengeful one when it comes to being screwed over so SCREW YOU MIAMI...

FringeNC
04-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Aww, poor Trent Green. If Trent doesn't want to here, then he needs to stop acting like a little bitch and be open to restructuring his deal for teams besides Miami. I've lost a lot of respect for him during this process.

Why? It's the Chiefs that don't want to pay him what is owed on his contract. Why in the **** should Trent renegotiate so he can go to a team he doesn't want to go to.

There are no good guys or bad guys here...only a bad poker player in Carl Peterson who thought he could sucker Miami into giving picks for a player would would be cut.

Eleazar
04-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Oh no, they lost a 7th round pick. Forget the superbowl now!

A 7th is better than nothing, but yeah. It's pretty clear that Miami wasn't offering us much of anything for today, so they hold onto Green and see if they can get more for next year.

stlchiefs
04-29-2007, 04:27 PM
No, a chance at a 3-5th rounder is better than a 7th. Taking a 7th when there's the chance to negotiate is chickenshit. Carl made the right move here even if we end up letting Trent walk.