PDA

View Full Version : Worst Non-Ted Ginn Pick of the Draft

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Who was it?? Kevin Kolb? Justin Harrell at 16?? Craig Davis at 30?? Jarvis Moss at 17??

cdcox
04-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Jarvis Moss at 17 considering the trade up to get him.

JimNasium
04-29-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm sure hoping it turns out to be Jarvis Moss.

ChiefaRoo
04-29-2007, 06:20 PM
The Donks guy. I don't care how good he is he's only 256lbs. That Italian guy for the Eagles (in the 90's) was a small DE and he got used up in just a few years.

el borracho
04-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Ask a Charger fan.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2007, 06:23 PM
The Donks guy. I don't care how good he is he's only 256lbs. That Italian guy for the Eagles (in the 90's) was a small DE and he got used up in just a few years.

Mamula? He sucked ass. Complete workout warrior.

kstater
04-29-2007, 06:24 PM
I'd say Harrell or Moss.

OnTheWarpath15
04-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Ask a Charger fan.

Yeah, Craig Davis was a head-scratcher.

Moss was a good pick, it was the trade up to get him, when he would have been there anyway that was puzzling.....

ChiefaRoo
04-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Mamula? He sucked ass. Complete workout warrior.

yep

Sully
04-29-2007, 06:26 PM
If we are talking about what it took to get him, I'd say the SD safety.

eazyb81
04-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Craig Davis, that was a horrible pick.

OnTheWarpath15
04-29-2007, 06:29 PM

Oh yeah!

Forgot all about that......

Between the coaching changes and this draft, AJ Smith turned into a retard all in one offseason.

wazu
04-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh yeah!

Forgot all about that......

Between the coaching changes and this draft, AJ Smith turned into a retard all in one offseason.

It will be interesting to watch his IQ continue to plummet as Norv Turner begins to direct the team back to mediocrity.

tburg
04-29-2007, 07:00 PM
not really a pick but wtf are the eagles helping the cowboys out for, by trading picks with them in the 1st round.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 07:05 PM
The Broncos traded up to get him because New England was trying to do the same thing. He's a good pick, IMO.

the Talking Can
04-29-2007, 07:05 PM

yeah...that was retarded..this place would have never recovered if carl dod that

XXXshogunXXX
04-29-2007, 07:13 PM
haha..are you guys really bagging SD's picks... Every year AJ gets questioned....Igor in 2004 (raw) ... Castillo in 2005 (andro) , Marcus Mcneil (back injury)....even in the 2nd round, made it to the probowl last year, as a rookie. All turned out to be solid. You dont see us saying "Damnit AJ :banghead:"

Silock
04-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Moss, followed closely by Davis.

SCTrojan
04-29-2007, 07:19 PM

Completely agree. Never seen the kid play, but two thirds and a fifth for the opportunity to pick him?

Probably going out on a limb here, but they could have waited and given up less to get him.

noa
04-29-2007, 07:19 PM
haha..are you guys really bagging SD's picks... Every year AJ gets questioned....Igor in 2004 (raw) ... Castillo in 2005 (andro) , Marcus Mcneil (back injury)....even in the 2nd round, made it to the probowl last year, as a rookie. All turned out to be solid. You dont see us saying "Damnit AJ :banghead:"

Your second round pick is very good, you just gave up a lot to get him. Most of the analysis gives the Chargers the benefit of the doubt because they have such a good draft history recently and because they don't really need all the picks like some other teams do.

OnTheWarpath15
04-29-2007, 07:20 PM

AJ Smith was never questioned on this board for those picks, matter of fact, most of us wanted those players, especially Olshansky.

Can't say that this year.

Bowser
04-29-2007, 07:21 PM

All those guys minus Castillo had big supporters here. Nobody will deny that. This year, however, you guys reached for players that you had no business reaching for. I will admit I say this knowing full well they could all be All-Pros in five years, but I doubt it.

You Charger fans should be pissed about AJ Smith bringing that turd of a head coach Norv Turner in to take over for Marty.

HerculesRockefell
04-29-2007, 07:31 PM
The Broncos traded up to get him because New England was trying to do the same thing. He's a good pick, IMO.

and Tenn was considering him at #19.

The trade might have been too much, but it no longer sounds like it was a lock he'd be there at #21.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Jarvis Moss is only a consideration if you're a tool that doesn't care for Denver... if you look at his predraft ranking, the many mocks, etc... he was slotted to fall in that 15-23 range and that's where he fell.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2007, 08:19 PM
and Tenn was considering him at #19.

The trade might have been too much, but it no longer sounds like it was a lock he'd be there at #21.

Plus, if I read it right... Shanahan said afterwards there were 3 guys they really liked at 21 and at the time of the trade for that 17th pick... 2 of those 3 were gone.

So, if you see a player you want... you go get him. I don't have issues with it at all.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 08:27 PM
When everything is taken into consider Justin Harrell is probably the worst one......

unothadeal
04-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Tank Tyler [/mike tanier]

JimNasium
04-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Plus, if I read it right... Shanahan said afterwards there were 3 guys they really liked at 21 and at the time of the trade for that 17th pick... 2 of those 3 were gone.

So, if you see a player you want... you go get him. I don't have issues with it at all.You guys traded up and most likely didn't need to. Face it, Shanny has lost his burst.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2007, 08:37 PM
You guys traded up and most likely didn't need to. Face it, Shanny has lost his burst.

"Most likely"

See, that's probably the kind of thinking that kept Peterson from being able to scribble down the name of Brady Quinn on the draft card in Round 1.

"Nah, Dallas won't pick Quinn... hell no they won't trade the pick... Quinn is a Chief. Wait, what the hell..."

I know there were many KC fans cursing Jerry...

listopencil
04-29-2007, 08:37 PM
AJ Smith was never questioned on this board for those picks, matter of fact, most of us wanted those players, especially Olshansky.

Can't say that this year.

Yep. I wanted Olshansky but as I recall our draft spots didn't match up with his value. Now I wish we had blown some late picks to grab him. I'm happy with our draft and I'm fine with the move up for Moss. If Thomas works out we will have had the draft of my dreams.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2007, 08:42 PM
"Most likely"

See, that's probably the kind of thinking that kept Peterson from being able to scribble down the name of Brady Quinn on the draft card in Round 1.

"Nah, Dallas won't pick Quinn... hell no they won't trade the pick... Quinn is a Chief. Wait, what the hell..."

Quinn I could care less about. The package we would have gotten for Quinn is what hurts.

JimNasium
04-29-2007, 08:43 PM
"Most likely"

Thank God that happened. Quinn is the second-coming of Kyle Boller. We'll see how well your feather weight defensive end works out. I'm guessing about as well as running backs from Ohio State have...

alanm
04-29-2007, 08:58 PM
"Most likely"

According to the NFL channel the Chiefs had no intention of drafting Quinn. They were going to do the same thing the Cowboys did.

DaneMcCloud
04-29-2007, 09:19 PM

He was from Italy?

DaneMcCloud
04-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Thank God that happened. Quinn is the second-coming of Kyle Boller. We'll see how well your feather weight defensive end works out. I'm guessing about as well as running backs from Ohio State have...

Kyle Boller? Ha! Quinn didn't play at Cal, nor did he have Jeff Tedford (Mr. College QB Superstar=NFL Bust) as his coach. While I don't think that Quinn is the second coming of Elway, he'll be a very solid NFL QB, especially in the right system.