PDA

View Full Version : Oakland is on the rise after the best draft of all the teams.

OctoberFart
04-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Get ready for the AFC WEST over next couple years to turn to a 3 team race and KC won't be there. Oakland is on the rise KC is on the fall.

Russell, Miller, Moses, Bush all great picks and this type of draft can turn a franchise around.

KC2004
04-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Get ready for the AFC WEST over next couple years to turn to a 3 team race and KC won't be there. Oakland is on the rise KC is on the fall.

Russell, Miller, Moses, Bush all great picks and this type of draft can turn a franchise around.

Al Davis still owns them right? We should be ok....

unothadeal
Okay.

LiL stumppy
they have a while untill there even close.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah, there's some good talent... but, there's just as many questions. It won't happen over night, but feel free to get your hopes up.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 08:35 PM
You guys still need a quarterback. Someone that can count to 10.

Bugeater
:rolleyes:

|Zach|
The Raiders have good talent and are turning it around. I have heard this song and dance before.

JimNasium
Who is going to block for Russell?

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Mods...

Can we just ban this sausage-smoking piece of shit He's been NOTHING but a troll. Period.

:shake:

Direckshun
04-29-2007, 08:36 PM
This division should be Hell on Earth in 2009.

Four good to great teams, all in playoff contention.

|Zach|
04-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Mods...

Can we just ban this sausage-smoking piece of shit He's been NOTHING but a troll. Period.

Eh, he talks football.

pr_capone
04-29-2007, 08:37 PM
You guys still need a quarterback. Someone that can count to 10.

Not really.... he only needs to be able to count to 2 since that is all the more time he will have to throw the ball. :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Eh, he talks football.

He's the DEFINITION of troll.

So, we allow trolls, now....do we? :shrug:

Mile High Mania
04-29-2007, 08:39 PM
He's not a troll...

Mecca
04-29-2007, 08:40 PM
After the dumb shit GoChiefs has posted about Russell it's obvious he's going to be good now.

They got 3 guys who were considered 1st rounders at 1 point or another, not to shabby.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2007, 08:41 PM
A typical Raiders draft. They take either A) Workout Warriors or B) Guys who have slipped.

Same shit, different year. Have fun at 1-15.

|Zach|
04-29-2007, 08:41 PM
He's the DEFINITION of troll.

So, we allow trolls, now....do we? :shrug:
No, he isn't. He comes and he talks football. Are we banning people because we don't like them?

|Zach|
04-29-2007, 08:42 PM
No, he isn't. He comes and he talks football. Are we banning people because we don't like them?
Actually his record isn't all that great the more I look...I will keep an eye out

Direckshun
04-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Keep the guy around.

He's talking trash while rooting for a 2-14 hated division rival.

If the Raiders ever get any good, we're going to see an influx of those losers -- might as well keep the boneheads around who had the balls to brave the forum during the down years.

kc-nd
04-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Actually, every team is a super bowl contender at the start of the year.

However, the season is when the men get separated from the boys.

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2007, 08:46 PM

Do what you want. In your world, of "if Kotter doesn't like him, he must be okay"....I'm sure he's not a troll. Whatever.

Read his posts, and tell me he comes here to do anything but stir up shit. He's less combative than some have been....but he's a damn troll.

listopencil
04-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Mods...

It's probably another GoatCheeze alias. He's lamenting (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3490716&postcount=34) that the Planet doesn't have an obnoxious Raider troll for you guys to pick on and he's always willing to soak up negative attention. October Fart acts exactly the same way that GoChiefs acts on the Orange Mane.

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Actually his record isn't all that great the more I look...I will keep an eye out

That's all I asking. Read his posts yourself if you don't believe me.

|Zach|
04-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Do what you want. In your world, of "if Kotter doesn't like him, he must be okay"....I'm sure he's not a troll. Whatever.

Read his posts, and tell me he comes here to do anything but stir up shit. He's less combative than some have been....but he's a damn troll.
I hate to be the one to tell you. But not everything here is about you.

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2007, 08:52 PM
I hate to be the one to tell you. But not everything here is about you.

You're right about that. No doubt about it.

Since you've become a mod....it's all about you, man. ;)

KcMizzou
04-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Actually his record isn't all that great the more I look...I will keep an eye outHe's a troll, no doubt about that. He just doesn't post enough to be very annoying.

Demonpenz
04-29-2007, 08:55 PM
something else is rising. MY penis to your mouth

DaneMcCloud
04-29-2007, 08:56 PM
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, the Raiders do *appear* to be a team on the rise. They had a very nice draft of offensive talent and their defense was pretty good last year. Their O-Line is in shambles (as we all know) but that could change quickly with a good offseason next year.

I think that Lane Kiffin will be their best coach since Gruden and will have much better results than any of Gruden predecessors or successors.

IF the Chiefs continue to build this team slowly through the draft and stop plugging in holes via free agency, this will be, by far, the most competitive and dangerous division in all of football by 2009.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 08:58 PM
It's probably another GoatCheeze alias. He's lamenting (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3490716&postcount=34) that the Planet doesn't have an obnoxious Raider troll for you guys to pick on and he's always willing to soak up negative attention. October Fart acts exactly the same way that GoChiefs acts on the Orange Mane.

This is ridiculous.

I have ZERO aliases here. NONE. Haven't had any for MONTHS.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 08:59 PM
As for AutumnFart, I like him. He reminds me somewhat of RaidersRock, who I dearly miss.

KcMizzou
04-29-2007, 09:00 PM
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, the Raiders do *appear* to be a team on the rise. Sure.. they have nowhere to go but up.

El Jefe
04-29-2007, 09:00 PM
You guys still need a quarterback. Someone that can count to 10

Oh man that is the best I have heard today. ROFL ROFL ROFL

El Jefe
04-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Sure.. they have nowhere to go but up.

Oh man this is another great one, man there are some joksters on here and I like it, I like it a lot.

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2007, 09:03 PM
As for AutumnFart, I like him. He reminds me somewhat of RaidersRock, who I dearly miss.

The difference is RaidersRock was not here SOLELY as a troll; he'd join in other threads, and could even be reasonable sometimes.

Either this guy is a troll; or he's a 17 year old punk who doesn't know jack shit. At least that's what his posting thus far demonstrates.

Iowanian
04-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Your offensive line still sucks, your QB earned his draft position in 1 game, Bush's talent is legit, but his leg may never be right...

Oakland's draft wasn't as good as Carolina.....or Cleveland for starters.

KcMizzou
04-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Sure.. they have nowhere to go but up.

Oh man this is another great one, man there are some joksters on here and I like it, I like it a lot.You posting under the wrong name?

And how is that comment funny? The Raiders have hit rock-bottom.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 09:08 PM
It might be cool to make fun of Russell but if we had picked him we'd all be salivating.

OctoberFart
04-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Mods...

I post about football and fools like you disagree and default to calling me a troll. That's fine as I feel your defense mechanism is that due to the fact the Raiders had a GREAT draft and you just can't admit it.

As far as GoQueefs response to the QB smack of a guy who can't count to ten neither can Vince Young and how has he looked?

blueballs
04-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Vince Young is dumber than a
box of owl shit on the breakfast table
and he was Rookie of the Year

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2007, 09:15 PM
I post about football and fools like you disagree and default to calling me a troll. That's fine as I feel your defense mechanism is that due to the fact the Raiders had a GREAT draft and you just can't admit it.

As far as GoQueefs response to the QB smack of a guy who can't count to ten neither can Vince Young and how has he looked?

No, you are wrong again.

The Raiders had a very good draft. See, I don't disagree with you.

It doesn't change the fact that you only come here to stir shit, as a Raider's fan. That makes you a troll.

|Zach|
04-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Eight games. That is a lot.

Thig Lyfe
04-29-2007, 09:24 PM
No, you are wrong again.

It doesn't change the fact that you only come here to stir shit, as a Raider's fan. That makes you a troll.

The apostrophe in "Raider's" is incorrect. "Raiders" acts as an adjective describing the word "fan."

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2007, 09:25 PM
The apostrophe in "Raider's" is incorrect. "Raiders" acts as an adjective describing the word "fan."

:spock:

Thanks.

ROFL

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 09:29 PM

Vince Young is who JaMarcus Russell wishes he could be.

shrek6849
04-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Vince Young is dumber than a
box of owl shit on the breakfast table
and he was Rookie of the Year

Michael Vick was once the talk of the town also. NFL defense will adjust to Vince and the fact that he isn't a good passer.

morphius
04-29-2007, 09:33 PM
No, you are wrong again.

Is he here to stir shit as a Raiders fan, yes, but I don't think I would label him a troll either. I have always like that we have fans of other teams on here, and unless he starts trying to trash the BB or attacking the members, then I have no problem with him being here.

Now suck it up, guy who has broken more then a few rules here and is still here, kotter...

Mecca
04-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Young and Russell are nothing alike........

Russell ran a pro style offense and doesn't run.....Young comes from the option....

cdcox
04-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Michael Vick was once the talk of the town also. NFL defense will adjust to Vince and the fact that he isn't a good passer.

Yep. A 52% completion precentage and 67% passer rating aren't sustainable in the NFL. He's got a long way to go if he wants to go in his development.

HolmeZz
04-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Russell's the only player Oakland drafted who could change the fortune of your franchise. Miller's quality. Moses was painfully underwhelming last season and Michael Bush can barely even walk.

And their offensive line will still be comically bad.

petegz28
04-29-2007, 10:02 PM
I think people are givin the Donks and Chargers too much credit

Smed1065
04-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Eh, he talks dirty to football players.

blueballs
04-29-2007, 10:04 PM
until Shanahan leaves the Donks
will only be just good enough to keep him around
but still just a notch above the Chiefs in W/L

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Young and Russell are nothing alike........

Russell ran a pro style offense and doesn't run.....Young comes from the option....

How good was Russell's line in college?

I think Oakland's wide receivers are shit, too. Porter is OK. Raider fans like to pimp Curry. :rolleyes:

And no RB.

petegz28
04-29-2007, 10:05 PM
until Shanahan leaves the Donks
will only be just good enough to keep him around
but still just a notch above the Chiefs

notch above? who made the playoffs last year? not bragging but just setting the record straight.

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Is he here to stir shit as a Raiders fan, yes, but I don't think I would label him a troll either. I have always like that we have fans of other teams on here, and unless he starts trying to trash the BB or attacking the members, then I have no problem with him being here.

Now suck it up, guy who has broken more then a few rules here and is still here, kotter...
I think having other team's fans on here IS great to...except when they do nothing to add to the place, other than stir shit. Lord knows, I enjoy stirring shit too. Sorry though, but from what I've seen that's his ONLY purpose.

As for a few rules, other than multiple usernames I don't know what you are talking about....and if we banned all the posters who've used (or misused) multiple usernames....this place would be really friggin' boring, IMHO. :)

blueballs
04-29-2007, 10:07 PM
notch above? who made the playoffs last year? not bragging but just setting the record straight.

notch =**** hair here

Eleazar
04-29-2007, 10:07 PM
YARRR! WHO SAYS I DON'T KNOW HOW TO RUN ME TEAM?

blueballs
04-29-2007, 10:09 PM
**** is a bad word
history behind this could be interesting
or maybe not

el borracho
04-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Get ready for the AFC WEST over next couple years to turn to a 3 team race and KC won't be there.
I forget, what is the Raidurrs record versus the AFC West in the last 4 years?

Ugly Duck
04-29-2007, 10:16 PM
And their offensive line will still be comically bad.

Talk-o-the-town.... Chiefs upcoming o-line woes. USA Today grades the Chiefs draft at a mere 2 stars 7 warns that their OL may suck:

Kansas City **

Despite being a run-dependent team with looming OL problems the Chiefs' first three picks were WR Dwayne Bowe, DT Turk McBride and DT DeMarcus Tyler. Bowe is a big, adept target, but won't get many catches if his QB is getting flattened.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2007-04-29-team-grades_N.htm?csp=34

Hammock Parties
04-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Nice deflection. Your fans would cry tears of joy for an offensive tackle like Damion McIntosh. Are you guys still hoping Gallery pans out?

OctoberFart
04-29-2007, 10:31 PM
I forget, what is the Raidurrs record versus the AFC West in the last 4 years?
I don't like the look in the past arguements but a chefs fan should not use the past to compare the Raiders and Chiefs. NFL is all about SB's which is something Chefs don't really even remember what it is.

|Zach|
04-29-2007, 10:41 PM
I don't like the look in the past arguements but a chefs fan should not use the past to compare the Raiders and Chiefs. NFL is all about SB's which is something Chefs don't really even remember what it is.
Ha, humor me. How old were you the last time the Raiders won a superbowl. No deflections...no "we were in one" talk. How old were you last time they won it.

I would bet the farm that you were not born.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Well......atleast he saw his team in a Bowl that's more than I got.

jidar
04-29-2007, 10:43 PM
banning people is for ****ing pussies

Mr. Flopnuts
04-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Well......atleast he saw his team in a Bowl that's more than I got.

Yeah. And I'm sure it was very comforting watching them get annihilated by their coach the previous year. ROFL It was for me anyway. You know what the difference was that year between the Chiefs and the Raiders? The Chiefs had a higher draft pick.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Anyone who roots for a team who is 8-25 against us in the past 17 years including the playoffs can come in here and talk all teh smaque they want. I enjoy it personally.

jlscorpio
04-29-2007, 10:53 PM
I barely even consider the Faiduhs a rival anymore. It's not hard to have a decent draft when you draft at the top of every round. Every year, some pathetic team has a "great draft", only to find themselves drafting in the same spot the next year. Somebody get Overhead drunk and duct-tape hime to his computer desk.

OctoberFart
04-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Ha, humor me. How old were you the last time the Raiders won a superbowl. No deflections...no "we were in one" talk. How old were you last time they won it.

I would bet the farm that you were not born.

I was 6 in 83 when Allen went for SB rushing record against deadskins. I will admit I don't remember 80 ring.

I will say I don't like living in the past but if you guys insist on using it it is 3 to 1.

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Raiders sucking have made this less of a rivarly. Still hate the mother f'ers, but I hate the Donks alot more now.

el borracho
04-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Well, if SuperBowls are the only thing that matter then neither team has been worth discussion for decades.

Bowser
04-29-2007, 11:33 PM
This thread = turd in a punch bowl.

shyguyms
04-29-2007, 11:46 PM
yeah i bet Russell will turn that sorry team around,lol
it's a good thing they say he can throw it 80 yards f and can throw it deep from his knees, in a few months we will see how far he can throw from his back.

Logical
04-29-2007, 11:58 PM
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, the Raiders do *appear* to be a team on the rise. They had a very nice draft of offensive talent and their defense was pretty good last year. Their O-Line is in shambles (as we all know) but that could change quickly with a good offseason next year.

I think that Lane Kiffin will be their best coach since Gruden and will have much better results than any of Gruden predecessors or successors.

IF the Chiefs continue to build this team slowly through the draft and stop plugging in holes via free agency, this will be, by far, the most competitive and dangerous division in all of football by 2009.

The only question is who's line is now worse Oakland or KC's, it is genuinely debatable.

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2007, 12:08 AM
The only question is who's line is now worse Oakland or KC's, it is genuinely debatable.

I think it's a drunk man's game. Both are awful. It's like trying to decide who to bang: Bea Arthur or Rue McClanahan. Either way, someone's gonna lose.

beer bacon
04-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Oakland's is definitely worse then ours. Our line sucked last year, and it will probably suck this year too, but Oakland's O-line has been historically bad the last couple seasons.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-30-2007, 12:17 AM
I think it's a drunk man's game. Both are awful. It's like trying to decide who to bang: Bea Arthur or Rue McClanahan. Either way, someone's gonna lose.

ROFL That was golden.

HolmeZz
04-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Talk-o-the-town.... Chiefs upcoming o-line woes. USA Today grades the Chiefs draft at a mere 2 stars 7 warns that their OL may suck:

The line could definitely suck, but it won't be at the level of the recent Raider lines. I don't know if there'll ever be anything funnier than watching the '06 Raiders try to play offense. I think there are Pee Wee league teams who could've gotten pressure on them.

DaWolf
04-30-2007, 01:50 AM
Same story every year from Faider fans. How's that Robert Gallery pick coming along?

blueballs
04-30-2007, 05:27 AM
Moss went from cancer to superstar
by leaving Oakland -strange how that works

Coogs
04-30-2007, 05:41 AM

Very possible. Oakland did have a nice draft. They should have being at the top of each round.

And the next year or two could be a bit tough for the Chiefs, as we still have a few holes to fill. But, it seems as if Herm is putting some good young players on the roster. It may only take one down year.... and a top of every round type draft like Oakland had to put the Chiefs right back into Super Bowl contention. There are a lot of good players at the top in next years draft.

morphius
04-30-2007, 05:59 AM
I think having other team's fans on here IS great to...except when they do nothing to add to the place, other than stir shit. Lord knows, I enjoy stirring shit too. Sorry though, but from what I've seen that's his ONLY purpose.

As for a few rules, other than multiple usernames I don't know what you are talking about....and if we banned all the posters who've used (or misused) multiple usernames....this place would be really friggin' boring, IMHO. :)
And I would argue that a few of the good ones did come here to give shit, and just became better posters. As with your multiple user names, think about how empty this place would be if we were to just dump everyone that was here to stir some shit.

Mile High Mania
04-30-2007, 07:12 AM
Someone mentioned that Oakland was a team on the rise... well, they really couldn't sink much further. That being said, they had a decent draft. Trading Moss lets Kiffin start fresh, so we'll see how they do. The 3-headed monster at RB should be interesting (Jordan, Rhodes, Bush).

Regarding the trollishness of AutumnWind... I don't see it as being a troll. There shouldn't be an issue with other fans coming to this place and talking up their team. Now, if he were just posting incredibly negative stuff and being a cyber-ass... yeah, ban him.

But, I don't think he's even come close to crossing the line.

Mecca
04-30-2007, 07:14 AM
I personally think the Raiders draft is good......it could be great depending on Bush and Moses, if Moses came out last year he was a top 10 pick.

If Bush recovers and Moses becomes what he was in his junior year they got 4 first rounders.......the best QB, DE a top TE and a top RB......it has serious potential.

Mile High Mania
04-30-2007, 07:20 AM
Just as many "if this and if that" scenarios as most teams...

Hell, if Thomas and Moss stay clean and Crowder is the beast he can be... Denver has fixed their pass rush which has been their one issue on defense.

If that happens with this class... then Denver is going to roll for years to come!

Mr. Kotter
04-30-2007, 07:45 AM
And I would argue that a few of the good ones did come here to give shit, and just became better posters. As with your multiple user names, think about how empty this place would be if we were to just dump everyone that was here to stir some shit.
Yet were I only here to stir shit with my multiple usernames, how long would it be before I was banned? :hmmm:

:)

supercoupe91
04-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Oakland lol.

What a joke.

Programmer
04-30-2007, 07:56 AM
If any team with as many picks as Oakland didn't improve they would be the laughing stock of the league. I saw a video clop of their new QB putting air under the ball for a 90 yard launch to recovery pass (I don't remember if the WR actually caught the ball).

If the guy can do that consistantly and hit 40% there might be some problems in the AFCW we don't want to see.

OctoberFart
04-30-2007, 09:29 AM
I get crap for only posting in the football threads? That's what I'm here to talk about and not the Sheep f*&cking, nose picking, taking dumps, masterbating, GoQueer lies about getting laid threads.

Iowanian
04-30-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm giving you shit because the raiders suck....and will continue to suck.

The Chiefs still have alot of holes and the Raiders have ALOT more holes at this point.

The Raiders might as well start calling Russle "akili smith"

Braincase
04-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Oaktown is due for another 2-3 year run, followed by another 6-10 years in the tank.

htismaqe
04-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Oakland had the first pick in every round and they had the best draft? How is that even possible?

Chiefnj
04-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Falcons, Panthers and Cards had better drafts than Oakland.

Steve Sewell
04-30-2007, 10:11 AM

You have a 31 year old college offensive coordinator as your head coach...good luck with that.

And you've got the Al Davis factor, which usually doesn't help.

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2007, 10:45 AM
You silly, silly bastard.

Sure-Oz
04-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Wait till your part of any race before posting stupid shit like this.

Ugly Duck
04-30-2007, 12:56 PM
I ain't really expecting much out of Oakland this season - too much going against them. Rookie HC cleaned house bigtime, got rid of traditional coaching staff like Biletnikoff & just about everybody else. Instituting a zone-blocking scheme, brought in Atlanta's OC & line coach, the line's gotta learn a whole new way of being. Russell won't be ready to play for half the season or so, Michael Bush hasta heal up that leg before he can carry the load. This year looks like a learning curve season. If stuff works out, next year we gotta good chance to be a good team.

TinyEvel
04-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Yes, you certainly are on the rise. I predict you'll rise from 32nd place to 29th. Maybe even 28th. So you can look forward to more top five picks next year.
Congrats.

OctoberFart
04-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Falcons, Panthers and Cards had better drafts than Oakland.

I agree too I was homering Oaklands draft a little but it is in the top few teams for best draft. I just heard a guy on the NFL network say KC had the worst draft. Now I don't think they had a bad draft but with the OL they have now they will struggle just like Oakland and it wasn't addressed.

Simply Red
04-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Wait till your part of any race before posting stupid shit like this.
ROFL

noa
04-30-2007, 01:05 PM
This thread makes me laugh

StcChief
04-30-2007, 01:11 PM
AW.... Just step away :bong:

listopencil
04-30-2007, 08:28 PM
The line could definitely suck, but it won't be at the level of the recent Raider lines. I don't know if there'll ever be anything funnier than watching the '06 Raiders try to play offense. I think there are Pee Wee league teams who could've gotten pressure on them.

My 11 year old daughter played some DE and DT last year. My 9 year old son did as well. They could have pressured the Raider O. Strangely enough they both also played OT better than George Foster, though.