PDA

View Full Version : Mark Schlerith is a small flacid penis

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-30-2007, 02:28 PM
He just named the Chiefs the biggest draft loser on ESPN's NFL Live for not taking OT Joe Staley with pick #23.

Of course he played for the Broncos so it's more than shocking.

Sure-Oz
04-30-2007, 02:29 PM
hes got schweaty balls

noa
04-30-2007, 02:29 PM
That's absurd. He can disagree with our passing on him, but to say that we are bigger losers than MIA is blatant retardation.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-30-2007, 02:32 PM
That's absurd. He can disagree with our passing on him, but to say that we are bigger losers than MIA is blatant retardation.
Exactly. Apparently he didn't notice that his Broncos had only four picks and chose two guys with charactor issues. That's different.

FWIW... the other guy on the show did name the Broncos draft the worst.

OctoberFart
04-30-2007, 02:34 PM
I laugh how all of you guys default to hating a guy because he made a statement that you might or might not agree with.

Bottomline is KC had a decent draft but failed to address the second most important position on the field and have questions at the most important position.

bdeg
04-30-2007, 02:34 PM
He's going to pick on the Chiefs every chance he gets, just how he is.
The Tank Tyler pick really makes our draft a great one IMO.

OnTheWarpath15
04-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Interesting considering his beloved Broncos needed help at the OT position just as much as us, and they passed as well.

Adam Meadows, anyone?

bdeg
04-30-2007, 02:35 PM
I laugh how all of you guys default to hating a guy because he made a statement that you might or might not agree with.

Bottomline is KC had a decent draft but failed to address the second most important position on the field and have questions at the most important position.

We signed a starting LT. What are you and this idiot talking about? Staley isn't any better than McIntosh, sorry.

It's RT that's a problem. Staley would get crushed at RT.

DT was our biggest hole and we filled it with a great player at great value.

nychief
04-30-2007, 02:37 PM
grading the draft is ****ing retarded. Call me in couple of years.

DTLB58
My problem with all the people that are saying we had a bad draft is that they are saying it was bad because of who we DIDN'T take....That wasn't the ?. Just evaluate who we did take, where we took them and were they a need for our team.

It's easy to critisize any team on the players they didn't draft. How about actually evaluating the talent we DID draft???

To bad we didn't have 5 first rounders to make them all happy :shake:

Extra Point
Schling!

His comment merits both Denver games a W for us next season!

siberian khatru
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3940719&postcount=4

Mile High Mania
04-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Every team has their media homer... just look at Len Dawson. I have NEVER heard him pick against the Chiefs nor say a bad thing about anything they do.

It's the media... sheesh.

eazyb81
04-30-2007, 02:40 PM
This is good news, Schlereth knows absolutely nothing about the draft and how to evaluate prospects.

You should have seen him and Golic in the mock draft on ESPN last week - Kiper and McShay were ripping him and his picks apart, he came off like a total buffoon.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Every team has their media homer... just look at Len Dawson. I have NEVER heard him pick against the Chiefs nor say a bad thing about anything they do.

It's the media... sheesh.
Len Dawson gets pissy with the Chiefs during every game broadcast.

Simply Red
04-30-2007, 02:43 PM

Shut up! I hate you!

blueballs
04-30-2007, 02:43 PM
The billboard company(ies) in KC
should call and quote him a rate

Buehler445
04-30-2007, 02:44 PM

Paul Zimmerman for SI did the same thing. He gave the Chiefs a C and the fish a B-. Obviously they were paying more attention to their deadline than thier analysis.

OctoberFart
04-30-2007, 02:46 PM
We signed a starting LT. What are you and this idiot talking about? Staley isn't any better than McIntosh, sorry.

DT was our biggest hole and we filled it with a great player at great value.

Lets be real here.... McIntosh is a retread who has bounced around the league. He is average ,not great, not terrible, but is a stop gap retread. LT's that are good don't bounce around the league.

Tank Tyler was a great value pick and is a big body. Have you seen his senior bowl tapes?

Extra Point
04-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Len Dawson gets pissy with the Chiefs during every game broadcast.

Yeah, it's that damned "Throw on first down" thing. He spent way too much time with Hank Stram.

And God love him for it!!!

bdeg
04-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Lets be real here.... McIntosh is a retread who has bounced around the league. He is average ,not great, not terrible, but is a stop gap retread. LT's that are good don't bounce around the league.

Tank Tyler was a great value pick and is a big body. Have you seen his senior bowl tapes?

McIntosh may not be a longterm solution, but at least he'll be able to start this year. Staley may not. He's a workout warrior who has never played against top competition. When he has, he's struggled.

Speaking of senior bowl tapes, seen Staley's? He gave up 3 sacks and 2 FF's.

NaptownChief
04-30-2007, 02:52 PM
All fan bases have the same percentage of people that think it is personal when they don't like what there team did. Stink will make negative comments about the Broncos on occassion and of course their fans will always say "he just hates us...he is only trying to get back at Shannahan for not giving him a better deal..." yada, yada, yada.

Bottom line is that no matter what you do there will be some people that don't like it. There is 32 teams drafting and the reality is some team has to be the best and some team the worst. It is all subjective but some team did the worst and when that is said the fan base isn't going to want to hear it. Whether we did well or really poor is tough to say at this point but I don't mind if Schlerith or any other talking head wants to share their opinion about it...cause in the end it doesn't matter. We aren't going to be given extra wins or losses next season based on what is being said right now.

OctoberFart
04-30-2007, 03:04 PM
McIntosh may not be a longterm solution, but at least he'll be able to start this year. Staley may not. He's a workout warrior who has never played against top competition. When he has, he's struggled.

Speaking of senior bowl tapes, seen Staley's? He gave up 3 sacks and 2 FF's.
Yes I did and where did you hear me say KC should of drafted Staley? Tank Tyler dropped for a reason and it was because he didn't play up to his size and strength and was pushed around at senior bowl by average OL.

bdeg
04-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Yes I did and where did you hear me say KC should of drafted Staley? Tank Tyler dropped for a reason and it was because he didn't play up to his size and strength and was pushed around at senior bowl by average OL.
You criticized us for not taking a LT.

I suppose I assumed you thought we should have taken Staley since that's what the whole thread was about.

beer bacon
04-30-2007, 03:30 PM

I think most people here realize McIntosh isn't that great. He is a decent improvement over Jordan Black. The thing is, Staley was not a first round worthy LT. He benefited from a weak OT class and good workouts, and he still barely creeped into the first round.

chagrin
04-30-2007, 03:42 PM

It's called disagreement, I am quite sure that you and your goofball buddies do the same - :rolleyes:

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Joe Staley has 5th Round ability and 1st round workouts.

No thanks, I'll pass. Schlereth is a dumbass.

beer bacon
04-30-2007, 03:48 PM

I think all this crap from ESPN stems from Kiper. He had Staley as the 18th best player in the draft. He went off on us when we didn't pick him.

OnTheWarpath15
04-30-2007, 03:49 PM

Patrick Kearney and Leonard Little are gonna eat Staley alive twice a year.

OnTheWarpath15
04-30-2007, 03:51 PM
I think all this crap from ESPN stems from Kiper. He had Staley as the 18th best player in the draft. He went off on us when we didn't pick him.

Kiper is ridiculously overrated. Once again, he was schooled by Rick Gosselin, Scott Wright and a host of others.....

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/top100/index.shtml

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-30-2007, 03:54 PM
"I'll see you at his HOF induction"--Mel Kiper to Merrill Hoge on Mike Williams.

Mecca
04-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Real draft people like our pick.........I've listened to several of the real draft cover guys blast the 49ers for trading up for Staley saying "They traded up for a guy scouts feel is a 3rd round prospect, to move up like that for a workout warrior isn't smart"

Uncle_Ted
04-30-2007, 03:58 PM
The other guy at the desk (Floyd Reese?) said the Donx had the worst draft ... only 4 picks; marginally talented DLinemen with character issues.

OnTheWarpath15
04-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Kiper just gave the Broncos the best grade of teams in the AFC West.

B.

Any credibility he might have had is shot now.

Oakland, C+

Chiefs and SD, C.

:shake:

Mecca
04-30-2007, 04:05 PM

B.

Oakland, C+

Chiefs and SD, C.

It's cause we didn't take Staley who he had 18, he blasted teams for the better part of 2 hours that kept passing on him.

blueballs
04-30-2007, 04:19 PM
passing on Crosby pissed him off too

siberian khatru
04-30-2007, 04:27 PM
"I'll see you at his HOF induction"--Mel Kiper to Merrill Hoge on Mike Williams.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Killer!

The Bad Guy
04-30-2007, 04:47 PM
When did Joe Staley turn into Willie Roaf? The ONLY reason this guy went in the top 50 picks is because he ran a fast 40. I don't care what the **** 40 times lineman run. I want them to beat the **** out of people within 5 yards.

ChiefsCountry
04-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Raiders are dumbasses too. I would have took Joe Thomas first if I was them, then I would have took Blalock from Texas in 2nd. Move Gallery to RT and you have the makings of a really good offensive line.

Mecca
04-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Eh not me, I think Russell is the best QB prospect of about a 5 year time frame and guys like Sam Baker and Jake Long are in next years draft........

To me Baker and Thomas are alot closer than Russell and Brohm.

teedubya
04-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Too bad Mark Schlereth didn't die when he played for the Broncos.

Easy 6
04-30-2007, 06:41 PM

B.

Oakland, C+

Chiefs and SD, C.

Yep, Kiper has been proven time & again to be an average to poor analyst.

He gets by on his know it all demeanor & bombast.

I cant take anyone with his hairdo seriously.

keg in kc
04-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Whether Schlereth or anyone else agrees, the fact is that we didn't rate Staley as a first round prospect. So we decided not to 'reach'.

It was ironic listening to the radio today. After 5 or 6 years of fans complaining about a failure to draft a wide receiver, we finally draft one (and a good one at that) and now people are complaining that we didn't draft an o-linemen or a QB.

Goes to show you can't please everyone.

Mark M
04-30-2007, 07:00 PM

DING! DING! DING!

For anyone to try and grade a draft the day after it's over is the height of hubris.

Sure, we may all discuss it and try to give it some sort of "grade" based on where people were slotted, but to think that anyone, anywhere, has any clue ignores basic reality.

I'm sure Kiper and Co. weren't real impressed with the Pats picking a Michigan QB with questionable arm strength in the 6th round of the 2000 draft.

Oh, and I never trust anyone who voluntarily pisses himself.

MM
~~:)

PunkinDrublic
04-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Schlerith has no credibility. He's just a dumb jock who lucked his way into being a studio analyst.

keg in kc
04-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Sure, we may all discuss it and try to give it some sort of "grade" based on where people were slotted, but to think that anyone, anywhere, has any clue ignores basic reality.The irony is that we're grading backwards. We should be grading the ability of guys like Kiper to predict how the draft will fall based on his "inside" expertise, rather than ranking the teams based on what he thinks.

Skip Towne
04-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Schlerith has no credibility. He's just a dumb jock who lucked his way into being a studio analyst.
Kiper isn't even that. He never played the game at any level. He really bristles when someone brings that up. Kiper is a tool.

bdeg
04-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Exactly. ESPN picks analysts based on personality, not knowledge.

Logical
04-30-2007, 07:35 PM

DT was our biggest hole and we filled it with a great player at great value.I doubt you will be saying good things about McIntosh at the end of the year.

Logical
04-30-2007, 07:37 PM
DING! DING! DING!

For anyone to try and grade a draft the day after it's over is the height of hubris.

Sure, we may all discuss it and try to give it some sort of "grade" based on where people were slotted, but to think that anyone, anywhere, has any clue ignores basic reality.

I'm sure Kiper and Co. weren't real impressed with the Pats picking a Michigan QB with questionable arm strength in the 6th round of the 2000 draft.

Oh, and I never trust anyone who voluntarily pisses himself.

MM
~~:)I like the word hubris and give MM the post of the day for using it.:clap:

noa
04-30-2007, 07:39 PM
I doubt you will be saying good things about McIntosh at the end of the year.

He's better than Jordan Black and will have to do for the time being. I don't think Staley would have been the answer to our troubles, either (despite what Mel Kiper and the 49ers think).

Logical
04-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Too bad Mark Schlereth didn't die when he played for the Broncos.OTT post Over the Top post of the day.

Logical
04-30-2007, 07:40 PM
He's better than Jordan Black and will have to do for the time being. I don't think Staley would have been the answer to our troubles, either (despite what Mel Kiper and the 49ers think).I just think we exchanged one poor offensive tackle for another one.

noa
04-30-2007, 07:42 PM
I just think we exchanged one poor offensive tackle for another one.

Unfortunately, that was our only option given the FA group of LTs and the lack of quality prospects in the draft. There was a big drop off after Joe Thomas and Levi Brown. FWIW, Jordan Black gave up the most sacks of any lineman in the NFL last season, so McIntosh is pretty much guaranteed to be a short term improvement.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Sick (especially in lieu of recent events as a Cardinal fan), but it made me laugh.

Mark M
04-30-2007, 07:44 PM
The irony is that we're grading backwards. We should be grading the ability of guys like Kiper to predict how the draft will fall based on his "inside" expertise, rather than ranking the teams based on what he thinks.

Excellent point, especially since I work with a guy who does mock drafts every year -- not only does he get more picks right for the first three round than Kiper, looking back, he's been right about who will be good more often.

I keep trying to tell him he should post them online, but he's like 70 years old and barely uses intraoffice e-mail ...

MM
~~:D

Mark M
04-30-2007, 07:46 PM
I like the word hubris and give MM the post of the day for using it.:clap:

Thank you ... thank you very much.

Although, technically, it's spelled "hybris."

MM

Skip Towne
04-30-2007, 07:47 PM
What do you expect? There are a lot more poor ones out there than there are good ones. Are you trying to re-write the laws of probability? Do you think Carl has a crystal ball? You must be really old.

PunkinDrublic
04-30-2007, 07:59 PM

God still has time to make amends and give Tom Nalen his just desserts.

bdeg
04-30-2007, 08:04 PM
You're probably right. But I'd bet ya niners fans won't be saying good things about Staley either.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-30-2007, 08:12 PM
What are Mel Kipers qualifications? Seriously.

PunkinDrublic
04-30-2007, 08:16 PM

His hairstyle resembles a helmet?

Mark M
04-30-2007, 08:19 PM

According to last week's SI (which, BTW, was dead on about us picking Bowe), he did his first draft analysis in 1979 and sent it for free to all the teams. It involved lots of phone calls and an old school satellite dish.

The details from then to now are shaky, but I'm guessing oral favors and/or Astroglide are involved ...

MM
~~:Lin:

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-30-2007, 08:25 PM
According to last week's SI (which, BTW, was dead on about us picking Bowe), he did his first draft analysis in 1979 and sent it for free to all the teams. It involved lots of phone calls and an old school satellite dish.

The details from then to now are shaky, but I'm guessing oral favors and/or Astroglide are involved ...

MM
~~:Lin:
Wow. I at least figured he had some real qualifications. That's really kind of embarrassing for espn... and it makes it even funnier that he gets so pissy when teams don't follow his advice.

How dare a real football team thinks for themselves without bowing at the all knowing alter of the Kiper.

trndobrd
04-30-2007, 08:28 PM

Kiper and his little stat book add a lot to the ESPN draft day crew....

a typical segment...

Berman: "Now the Bengals are on the clock, and they have a couple good options."

Jaws: "I think they will look at John Smith from Northwest State for help on the offensive line. It's an area where they could really use some help, and Smith seems to have the tools to make an immediate impact."

Kiper: "Smith ran a 4.78 forty."

Keyshawn: "The best player on the board is Bill Jones from Southwest State. They have an opportunity to pick up a solid slot reciever, and a guy that is really tough."

Kiper: "Jones ran a 4.44 forty."

Berman: "That seems to be an area of strength already. There is always the possiblity that they could suprise everyone and pick up one of these USC guys that seem to be falling....Like Mike Brown for instance."

Kiper: "Jones ran a 4.45 forty."

....rinse and repeat.

Mark M
04-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Kiper and his little stat book add a lot to the ESPN draft day crew....

a typical segment...

Berman: "Now the Bengals are on the clock, and they have a couple good options."

Jaws: "I think they will look at John Smith from Northwest State for help on the offensive line. It's an area where they could really use some help, and Smith seems to have the tools to make an immediate impact."

Kiper: "Smith ran a 4.78 forty."

Keyshawn: "The best player on the board is Bill Jones from Southwest State. They have an opportunity to pick up a solid slot reciever, and a guy that is really tough."

Kiper: "Jones ran a 4.44 forty."

Berman: "That seems to be an area of strength already. There is always the possiblity that they could suprise everyone and pick up one of these USC guys that seem to be falling....Like Mike Brown for instance."

Kiper: "Jones ran a 4.45 forty."

....rinse and repeat.

Nice ...

MM
~~ROFL

teedubya
04-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Sick (especially in lieu of recent events as a Cardinal fan), but it made me laugh.

yeah, it was pretty crass. I apologize for the hilarity. I couldn't resist. I really tried, too.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-30-2007, 08:41 PM
yeah, it was pretty crass. I apologize for the hilarity. I couldn't resist. I really tried, too.
You're a bad person.

:)

Skip Towne
04-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Thank you ... thank you very much.

Although, technically, it's spelled "hybris."

MM
Actually it is either. I see it spelled hubris much more often.

OctoberFart
04-30-2007, 09:28 PM
You criticized us for not taking a LT.

I suppose I assumed you thought we should have taken Staley since that's what the whole thread was about.

I thought KC should of Taken a LT but I NEVER said it should of been Staley. All I said was McIntosh isn't the next Roaf as a few people think here.

milkman
04-30-2007, 09:30 PM
I thought KC should of Taken a LT but I NEVER said it should of been Staley. All I said was McIntosh isn't the next Roaf as a few people think here.

Please find me one person that thinks that McIntosh is the next Roaf.

OctoberFart
04-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Please find me one person that thinks that McIntosh is the next Roaf.
Look no farther than GOQUEER.

dj56dt58
04-30-2007, 10:21 PM
no shit..how many teams that have had "A" drafts in the past gone on to not make the playoffs in years, and teams with "F" drafts won superbowls a few years later?

bdeg
04-30-2007, 11:14 PM
Well then, let's make an agreement not to put words in each others' mouths :)

All I said was that our biggest hole was at RT, not LT(as far as O-Line is concerned).

Sam Hall
04-30-2007, 11:15 PM
The man has a thing for offensive lineman.

Eric
05-01-2007, 12:55 AM
I am on Herm's side. Fix the Dline.

More options on the Oline.

keg in kc
05-01-2007, 01:29 AM
NOBODY here thinks McIntosh is the next Roaf. That's one of the more ludicrous ideas I've ever seen.

Hammock Parties
05-01-2007, 01:29 AM

Idiot.

htismaqe
05-01-2007, 07:31 AM

McIntosh, over the last 2 years, has given up about ONE THIRD the sacks Jordan Black gave up LAST YEAR.

Eleazar
05-01-2007, 10:14 AM
From The Dallas Morning News (former Star writer Rick Gosselin): “Chiefs: B. Solid from top to bottom. The first three picks should become starters. Smith gives the Chiefs running-back insurance for Larry Johnson. (Justin) Medlock was the best kicker in the draft, and (tackle) Herb Taylor could be a late bloomer.”

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2007, 10:16 AM
McIntosh, over the last 2 years, has given up about ONE THIRD the sacks Jordan Black gave up LAST YEAR.

Logical's an idiot. Move on.

Sam Hall
05-08-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm using this thread as an excuse to post a pic of his daughter

Steve Sewell
05-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Actually, I've been shocked at how supportive Mark has been of the Chiefs in recent years, considering that he and David Diaz-Infante took an ad out in the KC paper to flaunt their Super Bowl rings prior to a Den/KC game a few years ago.

CoMoChief
05-08-2007, 11:20 AM

As much of a homer he is, not once has he said that McIntosh is the next Roaf or even remotely close to it.

Now, what he did say was that we shouldn't skip a beat on offense because McIntosh is better than Jordan Black, which is true because I'm better than Jordan Black.

As far as him saying that we won't skip a beat on offense is a little silly considering Croyle will more than likely start this season and I clearly don't see him taking over this team anytime soon and leading us to the playoffs.

Chief Faithful
05-08-2007, 12:53 PM

More like we exchanged a guard for an average LT.

OctoberFart
05-09-2007, 10:45 AM
That is Schlerith's daughter?

Sam Hall
05-09-2007, 11:03 AM
That is Schlerith's daughter?

Yes, according to the KSK blog.

HEY EVERYBODY AUTUMNWIND WANTS TO GET WITH MARK SCHLERETH'S DAUGHTER

Mecca
05-09-2007, 11:05 AM

I'll just say this........her and "small flacid penis" don't belong in the same thread.

OctoberFart
05-09-2007, 11:07 AM

Not sure what smack you are trying to use but she's hot and I would GLADLY get with her.

Easy 6
05-09-2007, 11:23 AM

She's Sweet like Bear Meat.

Sam Hall
05-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Not sure what smack you are trying to use but she's hot and I would GLADLY get with her.

I'm just having fun