PDA

View Full Version : Key to the Dante deal

OnTheWarpath15
04-30-2007, 03:14 PM
I remember quite a few people dismissing the swap of 3rds with the Rams in the Dante Hall trade. 2 spots? Big deal.

Looking back, though there's no way CP could predict it, that swap made drafting Tank Tyler possible.

Look at the board. There is no way the Rams don't take Tyler with the 82nd pick. Great value at a HUGE position of need for STL.

Little things like this add up. Way to go, Carl.

Extra Point
04-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Good point! I hope this guy does well here.

JimNasium
04-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Good point! I hope this guy does well here.
I hope he doesn't end up getting a spit hood put on him.

L.A. Chieffan
04-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Some guy on the radio here in LA was lambasting the Chiefs for trading Hall for "just a pick".

**** I hate LA sports radio.

OnTheWarpath15
04-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Some guy on the radio here in LA was lambasting the Chiefs for trading Hall for "just a pick".

Yeah, real bad move.

We just traded Dante Hall for Tank Tyler and Kolby Smith.

That's a phenomenal deal.

blueballs
04-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Dante posted on here
Rerun was his name O

StcChief
04-30-2007, 04:01 PM

My comment to them... You can't keep an NFL team in in L.A. STFU

L.A. Chieffan
04-30-2007, 04:03 PM
It's not so much we can't keep one as it is we just don't care.
Especially me.

CoMoChief
04-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Ive been gloating about this over at Clam Ram. They absolutely hate the fact that Scott Lineshit didn't address the DT position. Carriker will suck as a 4-3 DT. They already have a small pass rush DT in Glover. They will get run all over again this season.

Soon later they banned me (again).

Hoover
04-30-2007, 04:31 PM
we drafted Dante in the fifth, get his best years out of him, trade him for a fifth and trade up in the third. Best deal I've seen in a long time.

sportsman1
04-30-2007, 05:26 PM
I have to admit its looking like this could work out good. Im still skeptical though but you know either way theres always that chance. So heres to me standing slightly corrected.

The Bad Guy
04-30-2007, 05:31 PM
we drafted Dante in the fifth, get his best years out of him, trade him for a fifth and trade up in the third. Best deal I've seen in a long time.

I don't know about best deal, but it was good.

I think getting Darrell Jackson for a 4th rounder is a steal myself.

chief52
04-30-2007, 06:04 PM
I don't know about best deal, but it was good.

I think getting Darrell Jackson for a 4th rounder is a steal myself.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sportsheadlines/ci_5783412

"Jackson's departure from Seattle coincided with strained relations with Seahawks management. He believes the organization failed to honor a commitment to give him a pay raise. Jackson had sought to renegotiate a six-year, $25 million contract, which the Seahawks declined to do.

Relations between the sides further deteriorated when Jackson skipped voluntary off-season workouts in 2005 and then disagreed over the severity on a knee injury that sidelined him for 10 games that season. Without being specific, Jackson said the 49ers sweetened his contract, which runs through 2009."

Jackson wanted out badly and was becoming a distraction. He felt he was lied to. Seahawks felt there only option was to get rid of him and they said SF was the only offer.