8-18

Lonewolf Ed
04-30-2007, 09:13 PM
And leading the league in K's.

8-18

April is such a great month for this team. :cuss:

keg in kc
04-30-2007, 09:14 PM
I expected them to improve by more than 3 games over last year at this time.

That said, I think they're capable of playing close to .500 ball for the remainder of the year. The starting pitching has stayed relatively solid. It's a really odd the way the bats still aren't coming around, though.

Fish
04-30-2007, 09:16 PM
50+ LOB or something crazy like that.... no excuse for that....

petegz28
04-30-2007, 09:20 PM
We have 204 K's in 26 games. That is just about 1 k an inning.

GoHuge
04-30-2007, 09:23 PM
I just watch the games until the 6th inning. You can turn it off when the bullpen comes in to save you the agony. Unless our starters pitch the entire game.....where smoked. Oh and our savior is batting 162, oh and leads the team in errors. Helpful!

KCGridironBeast
04-30-2007, 09:24 PM
One K an inning? Wow.

DaWolf
04-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Well according to Dayton, 14 more games until we "know what kind of club this is."

If we continue to hit like this for 14 more games, heads need to roll on that coaching staff. Especially Buddy Bell. This is what we get from a guy who was grumbling during spring training that our guys weren't being aggressive enough and swinging early in the count. We preach for the last 4 years in this organization patience as hitters and Bell decides to confuse everyone by emphasizing aggressiveness early in the count.

Heads. Need. To. Roll.

POND_OF_RED
04-30-2007, 10:30 PM
At least there is one positive...

none of our players will be in a steroid controversy anytime soon...

keg in kc
04-30-2007, 10:31 PM
You'd think they'll have to do something soon, at least change hitting coaches. They should feasibly be close to .500 now with the pitching they've gotten.

(Yes, that includes the bullshit. Err, bullpen)

VonneMarie
04-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Only thing they missed is that terrible 15 game losing streak. Oh, but it's coming.

Sam Hall
04-30-2007, 10:41 PM
You'd think they'll have to do something soon, at least change hitting coaches. They should feasibly be close to .500 now with the pitching they've gotten.

I think our last couple hitting coaches were hired right off the street. I don't know how else to explain Berroa, unless he wouldn't listen. Nobody thought our offense would struggle like this.

ChiefsCountry
04-30-2007, 10:42 PM
I just wish Sweeney and Sanders would start doing something so we can finally trade them for something.

VonneMarie
04-30-2007, 11:11 PM
However, this new rendering of the K looks awesome.

http://www.huntconstructiongroup.com/images/industries/stadiums/kauffman/kauffman_stadium.jpg

http://www.huntconstructiongroup.com/news/070411.html

Marlboro_Chief
05-01-2007, 06:12 AM
Billy Butler is the most pure hitter in the minor leagues. He's going to be this generation's Manny Ramirez. Let's call him the **** up.

Dr. Van Halen
05-01-2007, 07:29 AM
No! It's all about next year ... when the Royals will still suck.

eazyb81
05-01-2007, 07:45 AM
This franchise is doomed to be a cellar-dwellar for the rest of eternity.

I'm convinced Hal McRae put a curse on us when we unjustly fired him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2007, 08:40 AM
This franchise is doomed to be a cellar-dwellar for the rest of eternity.

I'm convinced Hal McRae put a curse on us when we unjustly fired him.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kamDqL-AGzI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kamDqL-AGzI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

carlos3652
05-01-2007, 08:46 AM
For the record, being 3 games better than last year, with the brutal schedule we had, and with the bats being as horrible as they were,

I think we improved a ton... Our starting pitching went from an F to a B Grade, our Defense has gone from a D to a C (because of the errors in the last couple games, and because of our youth) and our batting is down from last year, but that is because we have gotten yournger, and is to be expected at first...

Our bullpen is still a mess, but there are bright spots in it, I dont think we had any bright spots and our closer is still hurt... We have tons of guys on the DL that would fight for spots in the Rotation that would drop some of the starters in the bullpen as well...

I dont know about you guys, but I am excited about this team... they have improved in a lot of areas, and I think when the bats come around... we will be playing over .500 ball...

Iowanian
05-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Soooooooooooooo

Redrum.....did we ever shake on that bet you offered about the 100 wins?

StcChief
05-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Royals will LOSE more games than Cards win.

Dr. Van Halen
05-01-2007, 09:23 AM
For the record, being 3 games better than last year, with the brutal schedule we had, and with the bats being as horrible as they were,

I think we improved a ton... Our starting pitching went from an F to a B Grade, our Defense has gone from a D to a C (because of the errors in the last couple games, and because of our youth) and our batting is down from last year, but that is because we have gotten yournger, and is to be expected at first...

Our bullpen is still a mess, but there are bright spots in it, I dont think we had any bright spots and our closer is still hurt... We have tons of guys on the DL that would fight for spots in the Rotation that would drop some of the starters in the bullpen as well...

I dont know about you guys, but I am excited about this team... they have improved in a lot of areas, and I think when the bats come around... we will be playing over .500 ball...

homer

carlos3652
05-01-2007, 09:52 AM
lol

Deberg_1990
05-01-2007, 09:59 AM
That Hal McRae video was hilarious. Havent seen that in a long time. If Buddy Bell was only half as good....

Mecca
05-01-2007, 10:33 AM
51-111 that's the pace......

Sure-Oz
05-01-2007, 10:35 AM
If this team can actually start to play offense, which they have yet to do, we will do much better. The starting pitching has been pretty solid overrall and Dotels injury has really rattled the bullpen putting guys out of place and roles. Lets hope Dotel gets healthy and guys like Gordon, Teahan and Shealy get going....no one in the heart of the lineup is doing well.

Deberg_1990
05-01-2007, 10:38 AM
and guys like Gordon, Teahan and Shealy get going.....

There are no gurantees those guys will ever fully develop. Especially when you consider this teams history.....

Sure-Oz
05-01-2007, 10:40 AM
There are no gurantees those guys will ever fully develop. Especially when you consider this teams history.....
We can only hope 2 out of those 3 do...Shealy is off to a wretched start. butler is raking AAA.

Bowser
05-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Teahen and Gordon share the lead in strikeouts in the majors going into last night.

Sure-Oz
05-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Teahen and Gordon share the lead in strikeouts in the majors going into last night.
Very suprising considering the plate discipline those two have or atleast have shown in the past.

petegz28
05-01-2007, 11:02 AM

I agree the hitting coach needs to go. If for anything just to shake things up a bit.

Mecca
05-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Interesting fact.......

Angel Berroa career high for errors 28.......

Tony Pena Jr has 7 right now.....base that over the season that's 42......uh oh.

Sure-Oz
05-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Interesting fact.......

Tony Pena Jr has 7 right now.....base that over the season that's 42......uh oh.
Jose Reyes is on pace for 173 triples too

Eleazar
05-01-2007, 12:04 PM

Yep.

Hell, if you add 2, maybe 3 reliable arms to the bullpen, the team is .500 - even with the offense as bad as it has been, and even with the brutal schedule we've been playing. That's what good starting pitching gets you.

The lame-o fans will surely be bashing for sport like they do every year, but if you know a baseball from your bunghole you can see improvement here. I'm sure they will all be out at the K with their fresh Royals hat still bearing the tags, once we add a few more pieces.

Eleazar
05-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Interesting fact.......

Errors don't necessarily tell you who the better fielder is. You only get a sense of that by watching them play over a long period.

I'd say Pena has looked a little bit better than Berroa in the field. Not a lot. He makes some nice plays and messes up routine ones just like Berroa did. But even in Berroa's worst season he hit about 30 points better than Pena is hitting right now. Pena is absolutely brutal at the plate.

Hey, the guy was a .250 hitter in the minor leagues, we knew what we were getting. It's clear that neither of these guys are the solution. We made a very low-risk move, it's not working, big deal. We're right where we started at SS.

duncan_idaho
05-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Yep.

Hell, if you add 2, maybe 3 reliable arms to the bullpen, the team is .500 - even with the offense as bad as it has been, and even with the brutal schedule we've been playing. That's what good starting pitching gets you.

The lame-o fans will surely be bashing for sport like they do every year, but if you know a baseball from your bunghole you can see improvement here. I'm sure they will all be out at the K with their fresh Royals hat still bearing the tags, once we add a few more pieces.

2-3 reliable arms? You mean like Octavio Dotel, Joe Nelson and John Bale?

Get those guys back and going well, and this is an around .500 team the rest of the year... especially once the offense picks up a little bit and the schedule lightens up.

The signs from Meche and Greinke are very promising for the future.

More Royals losses than Cardinals' wins? Yeah, but only because KC plays in the AL Central...

Pitt Gorilla
05-01-2007, 12:21 PM
The Royals stink, but we have pretty solid starting pitching. Let me repeat that: We have pretty solid starting pitching. It has been years since I've been able to say that. Regardless of the record, I'm thrilled that we can run starters out there with ERAs lower than 5.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Have you guys ever considered trading for one of the SS's in the Diamondbacks or Angels system? Brandon Wood, Eric Aybar and Justin Upton are trying to unseat
Stephen Drew (in Az) and Cabrera (in LAA). It would seem that with the flushness of both systems, you might be able to take one of the aforementioned five players off of their hands and shore up the spot for the future.

Mecca
05-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Justin Upton is likely an OF by the time he makes it to the majors.........

duncan_idaho
05-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Have you guys ever considered trading for one of the SS's in the Diamondbacks or Angels system? Brandon Wood, Eric Aybar and Justin Upton are trying to unseat
Stephen Drew (in Az) and Cabrera (in LAA). It would seem that with the flushness of both systems, you might be able to take one of the aforementioned five players off of their hands and shore up the spot for the future.

Brandon Wood is going to play 3B in the big leagues, and asking the Angels to trade a prospect is like asking Lurch to sing soprano. They don't do it - no matter how badly they need to make a move.

Upton's future is in CF or at 2B or 3B, from most of what I hear. He, like his brother, is much more advanced as a hitter than a pitcher.

KC Kings
05-01-2007, 12:48 PM
However, this new rendering of the K looks awesome.

http://www.huntconstructiongroup.com/images/industries/stadiums/kauffman/kauffman_stadium.jpg

http://www.huntconstructiongroup.com/news/070411.html

Is it just me, or does the updated stadium look a lot like the Love Boat?

All I ask for, is a walkway that goes all around the back of the stadium. It is a pain to get tickets in left Field old GA, and have to walk all the way around the stadium to the Little K and back. We have to leave our seats by the third inning to make sure we can get there, wait in line, and get back for the end of the game.