PDA

View Full Version : Apartments in KC

luv
05-01-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm tossing around the idea of moving to KC. Just in the thought process right now. I've found a few hospital systems that do what I do in-house. I may send in a resume just to see what type of pay is involved.

Anyway, what I was wondering about apartments in the area. I currently pay $520 for a 1BR, but that includes internet, cable + HBO, and the only utilities I pay is electric. How does KC compare?

Thanks.

wutamess
05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Depending on where you're wanting to live.
Average around that price W/OUT the extra features.

Iowanian
05-01-2007, 11:31 AM
You could share one with quicksurfer......heeeeeeeeee's siiiiiiiingle. your cat allergy isn't a problem either!

Bearcat
05-01-2007, 11:44 AM
North of the river, you can find apartments $500-$700... I pay on the low end of that range, and the only thing I'd really like is washer/dryer hookups (there are laundry facilities in every building though).

I've never heard of an apartment complex paying for cable, and you'll probably have to pay electricity, too (water and trash are included in my rent).

Stewie
05-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Why don't you check this out and when you move in all your friends can come over and play golf. :)

http://www.apartmentfinder.com/details.aspx?aptid=202630

keg in kc
05-01-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm in Overland Park, and when I moved in four years ago, it was about 600/month, including water/trash. I'm up to 675 now. I do have a washer/dryer.

Way more than I need to be spending, but I'm too lazy to move. When it goes over 700 in October, that may do it.

luv
05-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks guys. Like I said, it's just a thought. I'm doubting I do it. I'll just make it a vacation spot. I doubt I'd be able to afford to live on my own starting somewhere at entry level anyway.

Eleazar
05-01-2007, 12:12 PM
I'd check apartments.com

luv
05-01-2007, 12:15 PM
I'd check apartments.com
Oh, I have. Actually, I prefer apartmentfinder.com. Just thought I'd get some opinions from people who have actually lived in the apartments up there rather than a website that's going to make the place look better than it is in order to get you to move in.

Phobia
05-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks guys. Like I said, it's just a thought. I'm doubting I do it. I'll just make it a vacation spot. I doubt I'd be able to afford to live on my own starting somewhere at entry level anyway.

If you have experience and have advanced to a Mgmt position you don't generally have to start at entry level with a new job.

Instead of apartmentfinder.com, maybe you should check out monster.com or jobs.yahoo.com or some other jobs website.

Phobia
05-01-2007, 12:21 PM
maybe medicalrecordsjobs.com

luv
05-01-2007, 12:31 PM
If you have experience and have advanced to a Mgmt position you don't generally have to start at entry level with a new job.

Instead of apartmentfinder.com, maybe you should check out monster.com or jobs.yahoo.com or some other jobs website.
I looked at St Lukes. They have a job opening scanning medical records. Don't know how much it pays. I've checked out monster.com already. I've just starting giving it thought. I don't even have my resume together yet. Just thought I'd see about a place to live as well as a job. Trying to get my ducks in a row, I guess.

Phobia
05-01-2007, 12:36 PM
I looked at St Lukes. They have a job opening scanning medical records. Don't know how much it pays. I've checked out monster.com already. I've just starting giving it thought. I don't even have my resume together yet. Just thought I'd see about a place to live as well as a job. Trying to get my ducks in a row, I guess.

IMO, you're putting the cart before the horse.

Find a job at which you'll be happy in KC. Then determine how much you can afford for living in KC. Chances are since the cost of living is higher in KC the salary will be higher as well, maybe even significantly given your experience. You may even be able to buy a small house, which I highly recommend over apartment dwelling. Depending on how badly the company needs help, they may even provide a relocation package.

Drop jiveturkey a PM. He may have a line on some medical records jobs. You never know.

Dave Lane
05-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Here's some that may be of interest. PM me if you are interested.

Dave

http://re-prop.com/gillhampicpage.htm

Phobia
05-01-2007, 12:38 PM
I just called my momma. She's in HR at one of the larger hospitals. She's checking jobs for you too.

AndChiefs
05-01-2007, 12:45 PM
I wish i could find an apartment that cheap

Arrowhead Pride
05-01-2007, 01:25 PM
www.craigslist.org

Good stuff there.

4th and Long
05-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I just called my momma. She's in HR at one of the larger hospitals. She's checking jobs for you too.
Your mother works for HCA Midwest too?