PDA

View Full Version : Gamers: What are you playing I am looking to get into something.

|Zach|
05-02-2007, 10:38 PM
So, I have been going out to much. I get smarter with my distribution of funds so I think I am going to dive into a game hoping it will keep me from hitting the town quite so much and level off some of my spending. I haven't gotten into anything for a long time.

I am not sure if I have anything specific in mind. Civilization IV looks really cool. Anyone have good things to say about it or something similar that could be cool? I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a good civil war game. Changing it up a bit I always enjoyed the Command and Conquer series back in the day. I am not opposed to an MMORG but "fantasy" type stuff doesn't do a whole lot for me. There has to be some kind of root to reality...

Any ideas?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Can a mod put this in the media center? Oh wait.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2007, 10:41 PM
On a serious note. I like war games. MMORG are good, but if that's not your thing, I prefer strategic wargames. Something like Gods of War maybe.

|Zach|
05-02-2007, 10:42 PM
On a serious note. I like war games. MMORG are good, but if that's not your thing, I prefer strategic wargames. Something like Gods of War maybe.
I am not opposed to MMORG by nature but it seems like all of them are dragons and elves type fantasy stuff. Not my bag.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2007, 10:43 PM
I am not opposed to MMORG by nature but it seems like all of them are dragons and elves type fantasy stuff. Not my bag.

I dig it, but I also don't know of any that aren't. I like playing online war games too. I'm out of the game loop right now, but one of my old favorites was Socom. Battlefield 2 was an asskickin game for the 360, that's the last one I played.

Imon Yourside
05-02-2007, 10:44 PM
I would highly recommend Civ 4, although it is very different from the 1st 3 or so some say that liked them better. I will caution you that i prefer games NOT rooted in reality so the rest of this list may not interest you. Titan Quest with expansion is the 2nd coming of Diablo which i'm currently playing. The New Command & Conquer is quite nice if you have the comp/super video card for it, single player may be the best of the series yet.

Demonpenz
05-02-2007, 10:48 PM
why don't you learn bass guitar or drums

|Zach|
05-02-2007, 10:49 PM
The New Command & Conquer is quite nice if you have the comp/super video card for it, single player may be the best of the series yet.
I have plenty of space...and...

AMD 64X2
2.61 ghz
2 Gig RAM

Video thingy is a NVIDA GeForce 7100 GS

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2007, 10:50 PM
why don't you learn bass guitar or drums

If your art expands to music Zach this is a pretty good idea. The guitar kept me entertained for HOURS everyday. My fingers would bleed and that sucked, but it was more satisfying then just about any hobby I've ever picked up.

Rausch
05-02-2007, 10:51 PM

AMD 64X2
2.61 ghz
2 Gig RAM

In that case I'm pretty much d!cking around on an Atari 7800.

Civ III!

W00000t!1!

Coach
05-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Are you into strategy war games Zach?

|Zach|
I am quite musical but I am not that skilled. Something goes haywire from my brains to my hands lol. Always been a vocal music guy.

Imon Yourside

AMD 64X2
2.61 ghz
2 Gig RAM

That should work nicely, although i don't know if it will hold your attention for months on end, definitely better than the last few c&c games and i loved generals.

|Zach|
Are you into strategy war games Zach?
Sure...whatcha got.

|Zach|
05-02-2007, 10:53 PM
That should work nicely, although i don't know if it will hold your attention for months on end, definitely better than the last few c&c games and i loved generals.
Awesome, so what exactly is the latest one? 3?

Demonpenz
05-02-2007, 10:54 PM
I just ordered me some new drums I can't wait to get here. I have been phases out of the bar scene. It sucks Something went wrong when I used to be the guy partying now i am the guy taking galaga way to seriously in the corner and no one talks to me. So now i just drink my whiskey and play drums/guitar metal. In my mind I am the drummer for the thrash metal band "maximum awesome"

Imon Yourside
05-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Awesome, so what exactly is the latest one? 3?

C&C 3 Tiberium Wars, and Kane is back. It also includes an alien race that's why I listed it under fiction rather than a realistic game.

Deberg_1990
05-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Madden 94. Montana to Willie Davis is unstoppable!

Coach
05-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Sure...whatcha got.

Hearts of Iron Platinum http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts_of_Iron

Hearts of Iron II. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts_of_Iron_2

Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday. It's an expansion pack of HOI 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts_of_Iron_II:_Doomsday

Imon Yourside
05-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Madden 94. Montana to Willie Davis is unstoppable!

I still love the original Madden, KC punter around right end scored a TD every friggin time. Not very realistic mind you when I come out in punt formation on 1st down.

ChiefsLV
05-02-2007, 11:01 PM
I was playing Oblivion at a feverish pace. Then I picked up Guitar Hero II, borrowed The Godfather and Hitman, and haven't been able to settle on one game for the past month.

All this 360 gaming has got me thinking I may never buy another gaming PC. Running at 1080p, it's right up there with current PC graphics.

|Zach|
05-02-2007, 11:02 PM

That looks interesting...and possibly informative.

Rausch
05-02-2007, 11:07 PM
I was playing Oblivion at a feverish pace. Then I picked up Guitar Hero II, borrowed The Godfather and Hitman, and haven't been able to settle on one game for the past month..

People like you need their balls laced with paper cuts and dipped in jalapeno juice.

While we suffer here in the midwest with damned near nothing to occupy our time you taunt us with the lamest game EVAR created.

You could walk the strip, yet you strum on your plastic-pretend-atar and hope the colors match up.

My 3rd personality is searching google as we speak to find your location so we can murder you and steal your Blockbuster card...

Hammock Parties
05-02-2007, 11:08 PM

AMD 64X2
2.61 ghz
2 Gig RAM

let me guess an HP Pavilion a1483w?

|Zach|
05-02-2007, 11:10 PM
let me guess an HP Pavilion a1483w?
Nah it was put together by some guy my old man recommended. I told him what I needed and he made it happen,

Hammock Parties
05-02-2007, 11:11 PM
thats cool, cause those specs are the exact same as mine, lol. I was playing oblivion, but its full of elves and stuff which you said isnt your bag.

|Zach|
05-02-2007, 11:12 PM
thats cool, cause those specs are the exact same as mine, lol. I was playing oblivion, but its full of elves and stuff which you said isnt your bag.
Tell the elves I said whats up. :)

You have good performance with our specs?

Hammock Parties
05-02-2007, 11:13 PM
actually kind of. I had to buy a new video card which made everything all better. What size is yours again?

|Zach|
05-02-2007, 11:13 PM
actually kind of. I had to buy a new video card which made everything all better. What size is yours again?
I think...256 video card wise.

Imon Yourside
05-02-2007, 11:20 PM
I think...256 video card wise.

if you prefer to look around here's a linky dinky to what others think is hot right now.

http://www.nforce.nl/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

That is a good board to check out new releases on and see if your interested, including a 55 page thread on CnC 3 with screenshots and spoilers n such.

Frazod
05-02-2007, 11:21 PM
I finally tired of Jade Empire, at least for the time-being. God, that is a GREAT game. Currently I'm playing through The Godfather again. Whacking guidos never gets old. :bang: After that, I have the F.E.A.R. expansion to play (didn't work with my old DVD drive, but I just got it replaced) and the Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion. I may have finally burned out on Oblivion, though. Great game, but eventually it gets very repetitive.

If you haven't played Jade Empire, I cannot recommend it highly enough. It's basically Knights of the Old Republic with a much better combat interface set in mythical ancient China.

Taco John
05-02-2007, 11:27 PM
If you like strategy games, and you've missed out on Stronghold... I highly recommend it. It's a great castle sim that is as fun as it is challenging.

|Zach|
05-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas folks.

Abba-Dabba
05-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is scheduled for release on 6/6/07. You would need a new vid card though. A 7100 just doesn't cut it with today's first person shooters. Since the 8800's have come out, all mid and high end 7300-7800 series GeForce cards have been dropping in price. Now might be the time to buy 1 last dx9 card before all cards are dx10 and vastly overpriced.

Imon Yourside
05-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is scheduled for release on 6/6/07. You would need a new vid card though. A 7100 just doesn't cut it with today's first person shooters. Since the 8800's have come out, all mid and high end 7300-7800 series GeForce cards have been dropping in price. Now might be the time to buy 1 last dx9 card before all cards are dx10 and vastly overpriced.

well most peeps don't have $500 to blow on a video card, the new 8800 deluxe is $800 plus, that's friggin insane. If you need a vid card keep an eye out on microcenter, i bought my 7900 gs ko for $129 after the $20 rebate and they always seem to have overstock on them when the new cards come out. btw gochiefs newegg blows, i will never order anything from those scammers again.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2007, 11:55 PM
Get an 8800 GTS. $260 after rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130082

Silock
05-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Axis and Allies

keg in kc
05-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards.

Mecca
05-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards.

Oh shit I have that game.........Sierra made like 10 of them LOL....

teedubya
05-03-2007, 01:56 AM
Guild Wars and Fable are really cool games...

kcxiv
05-03-2007, 02:07 AM
I am playing Vanguard for PC. Guitar Hero and MLB2K8 for the 360.

DenverChief
05-03-2007, 03:25 AM
Axis and Allies

:thumb: and Civ 4 is the bomb although I can't play on large worlds too much info for my PC to handle :-/

Silock
05-03-2007, 03:33 AM
Same. I love Civ 4, but holy cow. After about 100 turns or so, it takes forever to do anything.

Abba-Dabba
05-03-2007, 03:39 AM
well most peeps don't have $500 to blow on a video card, the new 8800 deluxe is $800 plus, that's friggin insane. If you need a vid card keep an eye out on microcenter, i bought my 7900 gs ko for $129 after the $20 rebate and they always seem to have overstock on them when the new cards come out. btw gochiefs newegg blows, i will never order anything from those scammers again.

That's why I said get a dx9 card. The 8800's are dx10 cards. But, they aren't $500 anymore. They were at release. Price has dropped in half since.

Abba-Dabba
05-03-2007, 03:57 AM
If I was on a budget right now. A 256mb 8500 dx10 card can be had a for around a bill. But be sure to have atleast a 450w PSU though. Or a 7800GT for around a bill as well. The only reason I would choose a 7800 over a 7900 is because historically the 7800's have ran cooler than the 7900's. A 7800 will run on a 350w PSU, even though it says 450 is needed.

And if you are still running AGP. Throw that dinosaur out.

Stryker
05-03-2007, 06:22 AM
F.E.A.R.

Prey

current favorite is Rainbow Six: Vegas - awesome physics, graphics and great A.I.

Never been into the fantasy stuff like Vanguard, WOW or EQ.

Chiefs_Fan
05-03-2007, 06:26 AM
Go get "frets on fire". It's a free guitar hero look alike. Then you can find a pack of 210 song on a torrent.
You hold the key board up like a guitar and use the f1-f5 for the frets and the return key to strum.

Won't challege the computer, but it's fun with a wireless keyboard.

Simply Red
05-03-2007, 06:28 AM
Paper-boy

Chiefs_Fan
05-03-2007, 06:29 AM
I like company of heros (WW1 sim) great real time strategy game. You can blow up almost everything in the game.

I couldn't play it with my geforce 7300le, but it runs great on my new ATI1600 512.

jidar
05-03-2007, 06:38 AM
Anyone with a PS2 who hasn't played God of War needs to get it yesterday.

Same about Guitar Hero.

Frets on fire is a free GH clone, but it's accuracy is off and it doesn't allow hammer-ons and pull-offs, you wont get as good with it as you will with GH.

allen_kcCard
05-03-2007, 06:41 AM
Somthing to keep an eye out for is a game rumored to finally be releasing in the next couple months called Spore. I've been keeping some tabs on it and it looks like something that will be totally different and really fun.

http://www.spore.com/

ChiefsLV
05-03-2007, 07:16 AM
People like you need their balls laced with paper cuts and dipped in jalapeno juice.

While we suffer here in the midwest with damned near nothing to occupy our time you taunt us with the lamest game EVAR created.

You could walk the strip, yet you strum on your plastic-pretend-atar and hope the colors match up.

My 3rd personality is searching google as we speak to find your location so we can murder you and steal your Blockbuster card...

I admit, when I first saw Guitar Hero being played, I didn't even want to try it. But it kinda grows on ya after you play it a couple times. There are plenty of entertainment options in Vegas. That's one reason I like living here. You never run out of shit to do. But if you live in Paris, does that mean you're going to visit the Eiffel Tower every weekend? Shit tends to get old after awhile... My liver hates me too.

Saulbadguy
05-03-2007, 07:18 AM
Civ IV = awesome. Great time killer.

WoW = awesome. I'm not much in to fantasy stuff at all either, but the gameplay has me hooked, not so much the storyline or anything like that.

You should probably pick up an MMORPG, IMO. The social aspect of the game makes them 10x better than offline games.

pikesome
05-03-2007, 07:22 AM

I've played the crap out of HOI2, great game but it's big and complex, real big and complex. I've had some of the scenarios take me weeks if I started in '36.

Dartgod
05-03-2007, 07:25 AM
I just finished Call of Duty II. I think it's been out awhile, but that's how I usually buy games. Wait a year and they're much cheaper.

I enjoyed it.

JBucc
05-03-2007, 07:37 AM
I'm also really slow on most games. I just finished KOTOR and KOTOR II about two weeks ago. I'll have to get Jade Empire now with all those nerds in Media Center talking about it.

Delano
05-03-2007, 07:39 AM
Somthing to keep an eye out for is a game rumored to finally be releasing in the next couple months called Spore. I've been keeping some tabs on it and it looks like something that will be totally different and really fun.

http://www.spore.com/

I remember seeing a game play video from E3 a while ago. Spore looks very fun and hopefully Will Wright will ensure a quality product. I can see people investing countless hours developing civilizations in this game. Hopefully by the time spore comes out I will have the resources to upgrade my computer.

Codered
05-03-2007, 08:00 AM
I still like playing Rome Total War. I bet the latest Total War game is pretty good.

I also have a WoW account and usually don't get into those type of games. However a friend convinced me to give it a shot and I enjoy it. Like Saul I never pay attention to the story line or anything. I just go out there and kill Alliance for the most part.

KC Jones
05-03-2007, 08:01 AM
For some reason Zach I keep thinking you would really like those 'alternate reality' games. The ones where you get real email sent to you and the game is supposed to be going on in the real world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immersive_Reality_Gaming

Fat Elvis
05-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Send me a PM and I will set you up for a free 10 day trial with City of Heroes. It is a MMORPG that is based on superheroes/villians. It is basically like playing a comic book. I hate comic books, but I am totally addicted to the game.

TrickyNicky
05-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Half-Life 2, with Counter-Strike: Source and Day of Defeat Source. All the FPS action you could ever want, whether its sci-fi HL2, Modern Counter-terrorism CSS, or WWII DODS, it has it all.

Company of Heroes is a great WWII rts. Just a lot of fun, although I wish there were a German campaign.

Pitt Gorilla
05-03-2007, 08:38 AM
NHL 2K7.

Frazod
05-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Guild Wars and Fable are really cool games...

Fable rocks. Another one of my favorites.

Lono
05-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Ive played Everquest for 6 years now. Took me a bit to get into when i first started but been playing ever since.

Redrum_69
05-03-2007, 10:47 AM
My band, Withdrawal, is tearing up Guitar Hero on the 360.

At first, with the "no-lag" compared to the ps2 version, it took awhile to get used to the new guitar.

I found out first hand...NO MATTER HOW COOL YOU THINK IT IS DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME...having all the lights off, volume turned up all the way...sound system kickin it...during a lightning storm..playing "Madhouse" with lighting flashing all around...rain pouring down....and then attempting to pull off a 5 star performance on "Misirlou"...lightning struck close to the house, shut off all power.

yeah...it was bad ass...but it erased all my progress, so I had to start all over again. I'm scared to check the saved games from Oblivion.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-03-2007, 10:48 AM
yeah...it was bad ass...but it erased all my progress, so I had to start all over again. I'm scared to check the saved games from Oblivion.

:Lin: Hopefully you didn't have triple digit hours logged into that mfer.

ChiefFripp
05-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Get Battlefield 2142 now and Quake Wars when it is released.

kaplin42
05-03-2007, 11:44 AM

Meh, try this link.

Best Gaming Cards for the Money. May 2007 (http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/05/01/the_best_gaming_video_cards_for_the_money/)

In my opinion skip the DX9 cards. You can get the new 8600 nVidia Cards (http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2970) for a very reasonable price and they are DX10.

While there are no DX10 games out just yet, there soon will be. So the investment is worth it and not quite as much as the 8800 series.

As for games.

Civ 4 is awesome if you like strategy/simulation type games. Way cooler than its previous versions.

F.E.A.R is by far the best FPS out right now, imho

But if you're stated goal is to provide you long term entertainment for minimum cost, a mmorpg is really the only way to go. Instead of spending $25 to $50 every few weeks on a new game, you spend $40 one time and $15 once a month to be entertained by a virtually never ending game. Comes out to about $0.50 a day in costs to entertain yourself for hours on end.

Vanguard is what I'm playing and is great for graphics and has that old eq1 type of play style.

Lord of the Rings Online seems to be easier on the required hardware resources and a little more solo friendly

World of Warcraft is much like Lord of the Rings Online and is the most popular game today.

These are just the top 3 right now, with VG being at the bottom of the rung I believe in popularity. Great game, just opened up too soon. Unfortuneatly, they are all elves and dwarves.

Spore looks to be a great game however, so if mmorpg really doesn't do it for you, then spore might be the trick.

Redrum_69
05-03-2007, 11:48 AM
You could also buy the latest and greatest FPS out there, log in a random server and commence to being a player killer...

I mean..who cares about the other team...when you can sit at your own teams spawn point and chuck grenades/rocket launcher as soon as the spawn.

When you get kicked...no worries...log in to a different server under a different name..rinse and repeat

CoMoChief
05-03-2007, 11:57 AM
http://vnes.baikrich.com/

Here are some old school Nintendo games.

KcMizzou
05-03-2007, 12:01 PM
http://vnes.baikrich.com/

Here are some old school Nintendo games.Holy crap. That's cool.

Heh... Tiger Heli.

ChiefFripp
05-03-2007, 12:04 PM
You could also buy the latest and greatest FPS out there, log in a random server and commence to being a player killer...

I mean..who cares about the other team...when you can sit at your own teams spawn point and chuck grenades/rocket launcher as soon as the spawn.

When you get kicked...no worries...log in to a different server under a different name..rinse and repeat
I really haven't seen too many people doing this in bf2142. I think people finally realise how to play those games and actually squad up and work as a team. Teamkillers are usually kicked off of servers really fast thanks to the ingame voting system and mods.

kcxiv
05-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Ive played Everquest for 6 years now. Took me a bit to get into when i first started but been playing ever since.
What server are you on? i have a necro on bertox. I think he's probably still the 2nd or 3rd best geared necro on the server.

Frazod
05-03-2007, 12:17 PM

It's because of dicks like you that I don't play online.

Redrum_69
05-03-2007, 12:19 PM
It's because of dicks like you that I don't play online.

I dont grief anymore

I was just giving him a perspective that i thought would fit his style

Frazod
05-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I dont grief anymore

I was just giving him a perspective that i thought would fit his style

Well, I'm glad you stopped, but there are just way too many people who do that. I have a job and wife and a life (and ChiefsPlanet, as well :D ) so I don't have a ton of time to play these games. I'll never approach the level of expertise some of these no-life dorks reach, and if one of them wants to whack me over and over, he's going to be able to do it with ease. It really sucks when you have a good game going and most people are playing correctly and then one or two asshats show up to ruin everything. The last game I played on line was Star Wars Battlefront II (I really enjoyed the space combat and was pretty good at it), but finally I just got tired of the trolls who would shoot up the landing bay before I could get inside the fighter.

Lono
05-03-2007, 12:44 PM
What server are you on? i have a necro on bertox. I think he's probably still the 2nd or 3rd best geared necro on the server.

Im on the Nameless/Inny server. I'm a 75 wizard a little over 12k unbuffed mana. Not tops by anymeans but not bad either. I like blowing crap up.

kcxiv
05-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Im on the Nameless/Inny server. I'm a 75 wizard a little over 12k unbuffed mana. Not tops by anymeans but not bad either. I like blowing crap up.Not bad at all. think i was about 13k mana and about 16.5k hps buffed. Not to sure, its been a few months. I think i quit when my guild was working on the Vergalid raid.

Wizards also got a huge boost with TSS. They are insane dps once again.

htismaqe
05-03-2007, 01:19 PM
I dont grief anymore

Really?

I'm proud of you dude!

Lono
05-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Not bad at all. think i was about 13k mana and about 16.5k hps buffed. Not to sure, its been a few months. I think i quit when my guild was working on the Vergalid raid.

Wizards also got a huge boost with TSS. They are insane dps once again.

Yeah the instant spells are awesome. However they nerfed them. They lowered the dmg 5.5% and increased the mana like 7%. Its really pissed off the wizard community. They nerfed that to make us use a 2k mana nuke more? Why the hell would we do that? Anyway another day another time lol.

Mr. Laz
05-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Titan Quest with expansion is the 2nd coming of Diablo which i'm currently playing.

have they ever fixed all the crashes?

Titan quest used to have some pretty serious "OS wrecking" crashes.

Dave Lane
05-03-2007, 03:13 PM
I like Call of Duty good shooter game...

Dave

Civilization 1 and 2 rocked...

Adept Havelock
05-03-2007, 03:40 PM
The Operational Art of War III from these folks:

www.matrixgames.com

Also, Gary Grigsby's World at War is pretty good if the fantastic Hearts of Iron 2 is overwhelming to you.

caffeinated_virus
05-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Half-Life 2, with Counter-Strike: Source and Day of Defeat Source. All the FPS action you could ever want, whether its sci-fi HL2, Modern Counter-terrorism CSS, or WWII DODS, it has it all.

Company of Heroes is a great WWII rts. Just a lot of fun, although I wish there were a German campaign.

Ya, good FPS games.

http://www.steampowered.com

Has some nice value packs that include: Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Episode 1, Couter Strike:Source (terrorists vs. counter-terrorists), Day of Defeat: Source...

Couple other FPS games:

F.E.A.R. -- scary, bloody, foul language...what more could you ask for?

BattleField 2
BattleField 2142

Strategy Games:

Company of Heroes -- awesome
Command and Conquer 3 --- good game

Coach
05-03-2007, 04:12 PM
That looks interesting...and possibly informative.

Sorry I ran out. It was getting late, and I needed to get some sleep. Heh.

It's a fun game. If you have played those old school Panzer General / Allied General games from SSI, it's similar, only more advanced and more updated, along with more freedom to do whatever you please to do.

You can be a major superpower (USA, USSR, Germany, France, UK, etc) and just go along as it's has historically occured, but you do have the power to mix it up.

You can also select as a minor countries (Brazil, Mexico, Spain, etc) and just join in the party of whoever you want to join (Axis, Allies, or the USSR)

You have the option of building your armies, based on how many IC (like how much money/funds you have) points. Navies, Air Force as well. There are also technological that are involved, such as, for example, let's say you're Germany, you can improving your BF-109 to FW-190 to ME-262 and so forth.

It's alot of stuff, and it's deftinaly a time consuming.

Coach
05-03-2007, 04:14 PM
I've played the crap out of HOI2, great game but it's big and complex, real big and complex. I've had some of the scenarios take me weeks if I started in '36.

That's the purpose of this game. There are alot of events going on either at once, or just randomly.

There's also political events going on, as well as military decisions to make.

FreznoChief
05-03-2007, 04:24 PM
I'll second the City of Heroes/City of Villians recommendation. It's the most fun I've ever had in a game. It never gets old, and they update the game with a new issue at no charge every 3 months or so. There are all kinds of things to do in that game. It's never boring. There's a huge amount of custimizing that you can do. And the best thing is that the battle action in this game is the best I've seen in a MMORPG. WoW is a good game, but I much prefer CoH for my tastes.

I've seen a few people make super-powered football players on the game (mostly Favre). It's pretty funny what kinds of things you can make on the game if you're creative enough.

QuikSsurfer
05-03-2007, 04:30 PM
NHL 2K7.
nice.. u have this for the 360?

pikesome
05-03-2007, 06:04 PM
That's the purpose of this game. There are alot of events going on either at once, or just randomly.

There's also political events going on, as well as military decisions to make.

I'd call it one of my favorites right after the first 3 Civs but it's not for the faint of heart. The invasion of Russia as Germany can be a humbling experience if you don't prepare correctly. Reminds me of the old grognard games that took up your entire backroom for months and had you pouring over tables and charts like mad. Back before computers. :)

Coach
05-03-2007, 07:12 PM
I'd call it one of my favorites right after the first 3 Civs but it's not for the faint of heart. The invasion of Russia as Germany can be a humbling experience if you don't prepare correctly. Reminds me of the old grognard games that took up your entire backroom for months and had you pouring over tables and charts like mad. Back before computers. :)

Heh, indeed. I played as a minor country in Brazil, declared war one by one on South American countries, without really severing my IC points, and at halfway point of declaring war on the South American countries, the US tried to crash the party. This was around 1938.

Once I got South American under control, and I started working my way up towards the Central Americans and Mexico.

Trying to defeat the US is a challenge, especially trying to on their home turf.

kcxiv
05-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Yeah the instant spells are awesome. However they nerfed them. They lowered the dmg 5.5% and increased the mana like 7%. Its really pissed off the wizard community. They nerfed that to make us use a 2k mana nuke more? Why the hell would we do that? Anyway another day another time lol.
you have to admit Wizards went from serverely underpowered to really overpowered. Me and a guildy would head to the zone to kill Bears, i forgot what damn zone name. Anyways, he would kill Bears hell of faster then i was and i was a necro for god sake :P

kcxiv
05-03-2007, 07:27 PM
btw. how is NHL2k7? I have been wanting to play a hockey game for a while. Last game i played was freaking Blades of Steel. That was many many moons ago.

QuikSsurfer
05-03-2007, 07:38 PM
btw. how is NHL2k7? I have been wanting to play a hockey game for a while. Last game i played was freaking Blades of Steel. That was many many moons ago.
it kicks the shit out of ea's nhl 2007.
this game just got a price drop - pick it up
i'm pretty good with the stars :)

Pants
05-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Give WoW a try. You can play for 10 days for free. If that shit isn't what you want/like, I suggest you get Mideval II: Total War. That game is quality in every aspect of the word.

06-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Go get "frets on fire". It's a free guitar hero look alike. Then you can find a pack of 210 song on a torrent.
You hold the key board up like a guitar and use the f1-f5 for the frets and the return key to strum.

Won't challege the computer, but it's fun with a wireless keyboard.
Just checked this game out today. pretty fun. Saved me a lot of money too.