PDA

View Full Version : season-ticket holders mad as hell!

blackhawk
05-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Dolphins staffers get a lesson in draft logic

By Sarah Talalay and Alex Marvez
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted May 3 2007

In the wake of a controversial draft-day decision, coach Cam Cameron and General Manager Randy Mueller met Tuesday with Dolphin Stadium officials who have regular contact with season-ticket holders and other fans.

The meeting was spurred by the Dolphins passing on popular Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn to select Ohio State wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. with the No. 9 overall pick.

We wanted to have everyone in the organization understand the decision-making process that took place," Dolphins Enterprises spokesman George Torres said.

Mueller said the combination of Ginn and Brigham Young quarterback John Beck, who was chosen in the second round, was a more appealing option to the Dolphins than selecting Quinn in the first round. But the move angered a sizable number of fans, including those who booed Cameron during a draft-day party at team headquarters in Davie and interrupted his speech about Ginn with chants of "Bra-dy! Bra-dy! Bra-dy!"

The weekly staff meeting was opened to some stadium employees, Torres said.

"Both [Cameron] and Randy explained the weekend, so everyone is completely knowledgeable about the plan and strategy so when we talk to season-ticket holders or anyone else, they can explain what happened, what transpired and the thinking about it," Torres said.

Wright off to Buffalo

One day after being waived by the Dolphins, defensive tackle Manny Wright was claimed Wednesday by Buffalo.

A 2005 fifth-round supplement draft choice, Wright showed promise as a rookie but left training camp last August and spent the season on the reserve/non-football injury list while battling depression. Wright returned to the offseason program in March but was overweight at the April minicamp and became expendable when Utah nose tackle Paul Soliai was chosen in the fourth round of the draft.

Coach
05-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Good luck trying to get the Dolphin fans to understand the logic of drafting Ginn over Quinn. :shake:

CoMoChief
05-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Ginn isnt even healthy yet. What a stupid pick by MIA.

L.A. Chieffan
05-03-2007, 07:23 PM
They could have traded down into the 2nd and still had Ginn and Beck and probably an extra pick or two.
More dumbassery from NFL managment

wazu
05-03-2007, 07:26 PM
I find it interesting that they even care at all what the fans think. I'm not used to seeing that in an NFL franchise.

blackhawk
05-03-2007, 07:33 PM
FinHeaven Technical Problems
Wednesday | May 02, 2007

FinHeaven.com forums are experiencing technical problems. We have identified and isiolated the problem. Our web staff is working hard to resolve the issue.

We appreciate your patience and support of FinHeaven.com.

Thank you,

FinHeaven Staff
will this happen to the chiefsplanet after we cut trent green?

blackhawk
05-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Dolphin Fans React to their First Round Pick!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaYgGSHJ5hM&mode=related&search=

Mecca
05-03-2007, 08:02 PM
If they have Beck and Quinn rated the same, why does it matter what fans think?

blackhawk
05-03-2007, 08:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyrE-xVrnjQ&mode=related&search=

OnTheWarpath15
05-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Quinn/Jarrett >>> Beck/Ginn

Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Mueller can try to spin this any way he wants, but the outcome is still the same.

You can put perfume on a pig, but it's still a pig.

Mecca
05-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Quinn/Jarrett >>> Beck/Ginn

Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Mueller can try to spin this any way he wants, but the outcome is still the same.

You can put perfume on a pig, but it's still a pig.

And they can say "well Jarrett's slow and we need speed, hence Ginn/Booker".

We'll know in a few years personally I'm not a big fan of Brady Quinn, hell if the Chiefs listened to the fans in our market we'd have drafted 7 Olineman.

Frazod
05-03-2007, 08:14 PM
will this happen to the chiefsplanet after we cut trent green?

No. Unlike finheathen and the Drane, this BB doesn't run and hide when the shit hits the fan. You might not be able to login if there's too much traffic, but we stay open for business in good times and bad.

OnTheWarpath15
05-03-2007, 08:15 PM
If they have Beck and Quinn rated the same, why does it matter what fans think?

Like you need any more reasons to give Dolphins fans to stay awayfrom the stadium?

Competing with the beach is hard enough.

Making a boneheaded decision like that alienates the few fans you have left.

This would be like the Chiefs having the 2nd overall pick and passing on Calvin Johnson to take Kevin Kolb.

Mecca
05-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Like you need any more reasons to give Dolphins fans to stay awayfrom the stadium?

Competing with the beach is hard enough.

Making a boneheaded decision like that alienates the few fans you have left.

This would be like the Chiefs having the 2nd overall pick and passing on Calvin Johnson to take Kevin Kolb.

You should listen to some scouts because I've heard probably 80% of them say there is almost no difference in Quinn and Beck......

Quinn built a hell of a name and rep with fans playing at ND and being on TV and Sportscenter every week but tons of scouts don't think that highly of him.

blueballs
05-03-2007, 08:20 PM
I bet Surtain is glad he is out of that mess
he can live there and not care about the bitch fest
fans remember him as being part of better days

OnTheWarpath15
05-03-2007, 08:20 PM
You should listen to some scouts because I've heard probably 80% of them say there is almost no difference in Quinn and Beck......

Quinn built a hell of a name and rep with fans playing at ND and being on TV and Sportscenter every week but tons of scouts don't think that highly of him.

And the scouts LOVED Ryan Leaf.

Scouts are wrong all of the time.

We'll find out soon enough.

But I can hear the excuses now:

Quinn has a good OL, Edwards, Winslow, etc.

Beck has jack shit.

Like I said, time will tell.

Rausch
05-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Ginn isnt even healthy yet. What a stupid pick by MIA.

Miami: We drafted Ginn Carl, so you can come down off your demand for a 4th. It ain't happening.

Carl: **** you. I want a 4th, your dog, chinese catered in. You have 6 minutes.

Miami: WTF? I.....no. You have no leverage. We already have a young QB and Dante Cul-

Carl: Like I give a $3it what you have. You're living off the success of a decades old SB win just like we are. My contract's up soon anyway, give me a 4th and a hummer that'll bring me to tears or take this crybaby garbage to Ann Landers...*click*

Tom Condom: *leans over* Dude, is this your first time dealing with Carl?

blackhawk
05-03-2007, 08:35 PM
NY Jets Draft Blunders
warren sapp or kyle brady?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

OnTheWarpath15
05-03-2007, 08:37 PM
NY Jets Draft Blunders
warren sapp or kyle brady?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

WE WANT SAPP!! WE WANT SAPP!!

You could make an entire thread out of the Jets draft ****ups.....

Rausch
05-03-2007, 08:38 PM
WE WANT SAPP!! WE WANT SAPP!!

You could make an entire thread out of the Jets draft ****ups.....

Or Bengals, or Bucs, or Seahawks, or...

Mecca
05-03-2007, 08:47 PM
And the scouts LOVED Ryan Leaf.

Scouts are wrong all of the time.

We'll find out soon enough.

But I can hear the excuses now:

Quinn has a good OL, Edwards, Winslow, etc.

Beck has jack shit.

Like I said, time will tell.

John Beck has better offensive coaches and doesn't have the huge pressure of being the savior of his hometown team......

Rausch
05-03-2007, 08:53 PM
John Beck has better offensive coaches and doesn't have the huge pressure of being the savior of his hometown team......

Both will be running for their lives behind squatting-dog lines.

And Quinn is in a brutal division. Even if the Ravens and Steelers don't beat you they beat the piss out of you...

Mecca
05-03-2007, 08:55 PM
I find all this funny cause Ginn and Quinn were 2 of the players I really didn't like in the draft.

ZootedGranny
05-03-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm not a big Brady Quinn fan, but to pass on him, draft a project WR and then take a 26 year old QB? Terrible.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-03-2007, 09:00 PM
I find all this funny cause Ginn and Quinn were 2 of the players I really didn't like in the draft.

I'm with you on Ginn. Quinn however I think will be the class of this year's qb's. (That's not saying much but still)

Rausch
05-03-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm not a big Brady Quinn fan, but to pass on him, draft a project WR and then take a 26 year old QB? Terrible.

The Panthers pointed and laughed...

blueballs
05-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Wienke!