PDA

View Full Version : Man -you must suck out loud/PFW Boom or Bust

blueballs
05-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Buccaneers | Bradley released
Thu, 3 May 2007 18:20:56 -0700

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced DT Jon Bradley has been released from the team.

Pro Football Weekly
Boom or Bust

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/edholm050307.htm

All AFC West 1st rounders BUST

1. Oakland — QB JaMarcus Russell — Prediction: Bust

Like Nolan Nawrocki, who follows this stuff more closely than I do, I just have a hard time thinking that Russell is going to meet the extremely high expectations that have been put on him. His talent ceiling is undeniable, but I never really saw those moments of brilliance in college on a regular basis, and I watched a fair number of LSU games. Russell might not be enough of a gym rat and a worker to get it done. Years from now, Russell will be seen as Al Davis' final big mistake as the team's owner.

17. Denver — DE Jarvis Moss — Prediction: Bust

I have had my doubts about this kid ever since his title-game performance lifted him into the draft. Let’s face it: had he not had two sacks and a forced fumble on the biggest spotlight, I don’t think he considers coming out after what would have been a 5½-sack season. Too raw, too upright and not disciplined enough for my taste.

23. Kansas City — WR Dwayne Bowe — Prediction: Bust

I hate to do this, because I have an affinity for Bowe, but I think he might never be more than a No. 2 or No. 3 guy in the NFL, and in the Chiefs’ offense, that might mean 30-40 catches, tops. Sure, Bowe can block, which endears him to Herm Edwards, but receptions of consequence are few and far between with this system, and Bowe was one of those guys in college who needed the ball early in games to get in a rhythm.

30. San Diego — WR Craig Davis — Prediction: Bust

I never got all that excited by Davis in college, though I did feel like he had more talent than we saw on a weekly basis. Seems like a thing with them Bayou Bengals (see my JaMarcus write-up up top). I am not crazy about his durability, and he seems a little more like a track guy and not a football player. I think we’ll see flashes from him but never anything consistent.

OnTheWarpath15
05-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Put that guy on suicide watch.

Ryan Sims just took his job.

Silock
05-03-2007, 08:36 PM
I think we should bring him in for a look.

NFL16
Put that guy on suicide watch.

Ryan Sims just took his job.

haha

blueballs
PFW Boom or Bust
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/edholm050307.htm

Rausch
05-03-2007, 08:42 PM
I probably don't know what I'm talking about but I'll just throw this out there: perhaps we didn't throw all that much last year because our best WR was a double covered TE and our QB was a backup journeyman with no starting time in YEARS just over a month after our HOF LT retired suddenly.

A random thought, just stuff passing through my brain on the way out...