PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed all the foxes?

Nightwish
05-04-2007, 03:23 PM
I mean the canines, not women. I've been seeing what seems to be an unusual number of them lately. I saw a family of red foxes running across Mexico Rd in O'Fallon a couple days ago, near Bryan Rd. And I saw a pair of grey foxes just south of Wentzville, and probably a dozen individual sightings in other parts of St. Charles County, Jefferson County, and parts of North St. Louis County over the past month. I'm not just talking out in the country, but in heavily developed suburban areas, too. It's pretty cool, because they're gorgeous animals, but it seems to be that either their numbers are increasing, or they're becoming unusually brave in human areas.

Stewie
05-04-2007, 03:31 PM
I've had red foxes every year since I bought in '93 at the back of my property. They are a HOOT! The kits run around when they're little, but when they get bigger it's ALL-STAR-WRESTLING... mostly pouncing on mom. Dad doesn't get close to the kits, but brings food every day. It's really cool.

BTW, I have no rabbits, squirrels, etc. in the vicinity.

patteeu
05-04-2007, 03:49 PM
I live in the same area where I grew up. I only saw 1 fox during my entire childhood and I rarely saw wild turkeys. In the past 5 years or so (since I moved back to this area), I've seen at least half a dozen foxes and I've seen what seems like millions of turkeys.

bogie
05-04-2007, 04:05 PM
This is probably not good news for the quail or rabbit population. Foxes are beautiful animals though.

Valiant
05-04-2007, 04:10 PM
I wish we had more mt. lions running around... Eating pets and small babies.. Would make more things a little more interesting...

KcMizzou
05-04-2007, 04:27 PM
It's the global warming.

DJay23
05-04-2007, 04:30 PM
could also be that development in the area is driving them from their habitats and causing them to run around where they hadn't before.

Calcountry
05-04-2007, 04:33 PM
I mean the canines, not women. I've been seeing what seems to be an unusual number of them lately. I saw a family of red foxes running across Mexico Rd in O'Fallon a couple days ago, near Bryan Rd. And I saw a pair of grey foxes just south of Wentzville, and probably a dozen individual sightings in other parts of St. Charles County, Jefferson County, and parts of North St. Louis County over the past month. I'm not just talking out in the country, but in heavily developed suburban areas, too. It's pretty cool, because they're gorgeous animals, but it seems to be that either their numbers are increasing, or they're becoming unusually brave in human areas.THis is probably due to people feeding them instead of shooting them.

blueballs
05-04-2007, 04:57 PM
they have sharp teeth

chasedude
05-04-2007, 05:17 PM
This is probably not good news for the quail or rabbit population. Foxes are beautiful animals though.

Don't worry rabbits breed like... well you know :hmmm: