PDA

View Full Version : So completely out of the blue I start getting loved up...

pr_capone
05-05-2007, 05:08 AM
... by my dog Keely, an Aussie Red Heeler.

She has NEVER been the type to seek tons of affection such as putting her head under your hand to pet her. Also, she normally hates being on my lap and generally prefers the floor.

As of today for some reason, she can't seem to get enough of me. I've been sitting in my recliner and she keeps constantly comming around me, putting her head on my lap, and jumping up on my lap and laying all over me. I am loving it but I am getting a bit worried at the same time thinking that something is wrong with her. lol

Even right now she is laying on the floor in my office but she is curled up by my left foot.... though she just now walked away and layed in the middle of the floor.

Have any of you had something like this happen with your pup just turning ultra affectionate with a flip of a switch?

Smed1065
05-05-2007, 05:16 AM
Its called "Heat".

Hot to Trot!

Do you smell like a dog?

Ultra Peanut
05-05-2007, 05:29 AM
Is this love that I'm feeling?
Is this the love that I've been searching for?
Is this love or am I dreaming?
This must be love 'cause it's really got a hold on me
A hold on me

http://a.photos.cx/left-6d3.gif

Kerberos
05-05-2007, 05:42 AM
There is loving your pet.

THEN there is "LOVING YOUR PET".

KNOW the difference.

pr_capone
05-05-2007, 05:47 AM
Its called "Heat".

Hot to Trot!

Do you smell like a dog?

She is fixed tho. :hmmm:

boogblaster
05-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Take that sandwich out of your pocket ....

Lzen
05-05-2007, 07:22 AM
Did GoChiefs tell you to put peanut butter on your penis?

trndobrd
05-05-2007, 08:29 AM
She's trying to tell you that Timmy is trapped in a well.

blueballs
05-05-2007, 09:00 AM
take advantage while you can
she will soon enough learn about
your faults and start peeing on the rug

Ugly Duck
05-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Keep an eye on her.... sometimes dogs will get clingy to tell you that they are sick or hurting. If she gets lethargic or whines or yelps - time to go to the vet.

Wa-Z
05-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Love comes in time.

MichaelH
05-05-2007, 01:51 PM
It could mean your heart is about to quit beating.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-05-2007, 01:59 PM
... by my dog Keely, an Aussie Red Heeler.

She has NEVER been the type to seek tons of affection such as putting her head under your hand to pet her. Also, she normally hates being on my lap and generally prefers the floor.

As of today for some reason, she can't seem to get enough of me. I've been sitting in my recliner and she keeps constantly comming around me, putting her head on my lap, and jumping up on my lap and laying all over me. I am loving it but I am getting a bit worried at the same time thinking that something is wrong with her. lol

Even right now she is laying on the floor in my office but she is curled up by my left foot.... though she just now walked away and layed in the middle of the floor.

Have any of you had something like this happen with your pup just turning ultra affectionate with a flip of a switch?

It sounds like to me that you've emotionally, verbally and affectionately neglected your dog, and that she wants some attention finally in her short life.

Rausch
05-05-2007, 02:07 PM
PR get's all da' bidges...

Boyceofsummer
05-05-2007, 10:03 PM
let us know when the storm hits. Our female senses storms days in advance.

cdcox
05-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Keep an eye on her.... sometimes dogs will get clingy to tell you that they are sick or hurting. If she gets lethargic or whines or yelps - time to go to the vet.

That is what I was thinking.

ChiefaRoo
05-05-2007, 11:43 PM
It could mean your heart is about to quit beating.

Sometimes dogs know about potential health problems of their owners prior to the person feeling any ill effects. Or you could just smell like bacon.