PDA

View Full Version : Stupid things your pet(s) has done? Share your stories here.

Saulbadguy
05-07-2007, 09:39 AM
I don't know what inspired me to create this thread, but here goes.

We keep our cat in our laundry room some times when we are cleaning or working around the home so he doesn't get in the way. He generally dislikes being stuck in there, but he especially dislikes being in there when the laundry is going because he doesn't like the noise, so sometimes he meows and cries to get out.

Well, we were doing laundry and he was crying to get out, but he wasn't stopping, which was unusual. Then his cries got deeper and louder, so I think WTF is going on?

My wife opens up the laundry room door and a wall of steam hit her and fogged up her glasses. Out runs the cat, sopping wet. The damned cat disconnected the dryer hose from the wall when it was running and the place filled up with steam - alot of it. Had to get rid of all the kitty litter because it was all clumped up and his food was all mushy.

Delano
05-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Thank God it was a cat and not a dog or something. I hate to see dogs suffer.

kcmaxwell
05-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Thank God it was a cat and not a dog or something. I hate to see dogs suffer.

Absolutely!! haha :D
maxwell

ChiefsFan4Life
05-07-2007, 09:55 AM
My dog did something fairly stupid yesterday. My wife and I had planted a rose bush in our backyard in the middle of last week. Our dog (Labrador Retriever) decided one day at the end of last week to completely dig out the rose bush.

So we replanted it and bought this very light wire material that can be placed around the rosebush/mulch and we put it in. Well, yesterday, our dog jumped over the wire into the rosebush and mulch. The problem is that he was too stupid to remember how he got in and was whining and stuff because he couldn't figure out how to get out. So he was in this small circle of wire fencing whining and crying because he thought he was stuck in that little circle forever.

Radar Chief
05-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Phoebe “the Jeep dog” used to chase bird shadows across our back yard.
‘Course, maybe that’s not so “stupid” since she learned that if a bird was landing in the yard and she chased the shadow, when they landed she’d be right on top of it.
I saw her get 2 maybe 3 birds that way, and used to find bird corpses all the time.

Phobia
05-07-2007, 10:02 AM
The only obvious solution is a bowl of antifreeze.

ChiefsFan4Life
05-07-2007, 10:08 AM
The only obvious solution is a bowl of antifreeze.

I am by no means a CP veteran and most people probably don't give a F what I think, but this whole anti-freeze comments has to be one of the gayest, most over-used things posted on CP since I joined. Really really gay.

Radar Chief
05-07-2007, 10:10 AM
I am by no means a CP veteran and most people probably don't give a F what I think, but this whole anti-freeze comments has to be one of the gayest, most over-used things posted on CP since I joined. Really really gay.

This post needs more cowbell. ;)

Baby Lee
05-07-2007, 10:14 AM
‘Course, maybe that’s not so “stupid” since she learned that if a bird was landing in the yard and she chased the shadow, when they landed she’d be right on top of it.
I saw her get 2 maybe 3 birds that way, and used to find bird corpses all the time.
Definitely not 'stupid,' but that reminds me of the most impressive thing I've seen my dog do.
I have a double city lot with the house on one lot, and fencing from the front face of the house all the way around both lots. So there's 25 feet of yard on the side of my house between the house and fence. We were tossing the ball around, when my dog spied a bird on the gutter of the house. The bird dipped off the gutter to fly over to the fence. So it attempted an arc from about 10 feet off the ground at the gutter to 5 feet at the nadir of of it's swoop back up to 6 feet on the fence. I say attempted because about 5 feet from the fence, my dog ran, leapt and grabbed that bird out of the air. Now this is medium sized Fox Terrier for reference.

Phobia
05-07-2007, 10:20 AM

I agree. I won't post about antifreeze on this thread again.

Iowanian
05-07-2007, 10:21 AM
The stupidest things aren't hard to locate, as they usually have turned out to be the final mistake in judgement.

Lzen
05-07-2007, 10:25 AM
My boxer pups (6months now) crack me up when they are chasing each other through the house and then slide right into the wall (wood floors).

Last night my daughter was blowing bubbles. It was hilarious watching them bite the bubbles out of the air.

About a week ago, Arrow got a wild spur. Keep in mind that this dog weighed in at 50lbs about 3 weeks ago. My 5 year old daughter is about 40lbs. My daughter was just standing there in the corner of the room. Arrow comes running in from the other room, takes a flying leap and tackles my daughter. Banged her head against the wall. Of course, I beat his ass for that. I know he was just playing but he's got to learn that isn't acceptable. Of course, my daughter was fine after about 10 minutes of crying. Looking back it was kind of comical.

Iowanian
05-07-2007, 10:30 AM
I had a dog named Roy from Jr high until college. His name should have been "lucky" as he personified the old joke.

The family lived on a corner on a rural road....he'd chase cars around the corner, and several times was witnessed running into a metal mailbox post at full speed, knocking himself completely stupid. He was witnessed being run over 4 times, once by a trailer full of cattle.

The same dog was shot, swallowed a treble hook with liver on it and drug a fishing pole across a field until caught and the line cut(lived). He was also foolish enough to think he could fight groups of Coyotes, and on the worst occasion, was missing 2 weeks and drug himself to the house with 2 badly broken legs..one which never healed and made school kids think we had a "magic dog" because his leg "waved" as he ran.

The stupidest act performed by one of our canines was a dog appropriately named "Dummy" who used to follow the hay mower around a nearby field and catch varmits that ran. Well, he high jumped a bar mower after a rabbit and had all 4 legs cut off and flopped and rolled across the road.

Stewie
05-07-2007, 10:33 AM
When I was young our dog found a cabinet door open that had a coffee can with bacon grease in it. He ate the entire contents and then came in the family room where we were sitting. He had a strange look on his face so I decided to let him outside. He barely made it out the door and barfed all over the patio. I'm sure it tasted good to him, but the cleanup was a nightmare. He was "my" dog, so I got the bulk of the cleanup duty.

ChiefsFan4Life
05-07-2007, 10:37 AM
I agree. I won't post about antifreeze on this thread again.

Sarcasm noted.

Frosty
05-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Does the fact that my dog won't leave the skunks alone despite repeated "skunkings" qualify as stupid? :banghead: She won't leave the yard, even if the gate is open and completely ignores animals outside the fence, including deer, flocks of turkeys, the neighbor's chickens, etc but goes full tilt after the damn skunks.

Nzoner
05-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Not my dog but I still love this video

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QfDc9FCgnws"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QfDc9FCgnws" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

CoMoChief
05-07-2007, 11:15 AM
My dog loved to go outside to swim with me and my family in my pool. He was a standard sized schnauzer (about 35-40lb). He used to get so excited when he would see any of us walk towards the back door with a towel because he knew it was swimming time. Anyways we had a sliding glass door along with a screen door and alot of time he would get so excited that he would literally sprint towards the door as we open it only to run into the screen door. Didn't hurt him at all though it was really funny to watch because he would do it alot and not even remember it for the next time. lol

CoMoChief
05-07-2007, 11:18 AM
I don't know what inspired me to create this thread, but here goes.

We keep our cat in our laundry room some times when we are cleaning or working around the home so he doesn't get in the way. He generally dislikes being stuck in there, but he especially dislikes being in there when the laundry is going because he doesn't like the noise, so sometimes he meows and cries to get out.

Well, we were doing laundry and he was crying to get out, but he wasn't stopping, which was unusual. Then his cries got deeper and louder, so I think WTF is going on?

My wife opens up the laundry room door and a wall of steam hit her and fogged up her glasses. Out runs the cat, sopping wet. The damned cat disconnected the dryer hose from the wall when it was running and the place filled up with steam - alot of it. Had to get rid of all the kitty litter because it was all clumped up and his food was all mushy.

Cats are worthless creatures but make great target practice due to their speed and agility.

Nzoner
05-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Our Shepherd has a bad habit of chasing anything that flies,well last Summer he spied a hornet and ended up chasing it back to the nest.He got stung multiple times and was yelping and rolling in the grass,I know it hurt but looking back it was funny as hell.

Sully
05-07-2007, 12:03 PM
We keep our lab in a cage when we leave because she just flat out freaks out to be out when we are gone. but over the 3 years we've had her, we've tried to let her stay loose a few times, just to see how she'd handle it, and thinking she'd like to not be cooped up.
When she was 1, we left her out one time, and after we left, she found her way to the table top in our dining room. Not a huge deal, other than the fact that she knew she wasn't supposed to be up there, our table was too small and slick for her to lie down on it, and she didn't figure out how to get down...
We got home, and the poor dog had been standing ont he table the whole time, and the look fo fear of being in trouble and fear that she'd never get down from that table she was standing int he middle of was sheer comedy for the wife and I.

NewChief
05-07-2007, 12:30 PM
A lab of ours (one that was prone to lots of bull headed stupidity) was running through the field, and we saw something trailing behind it. Went out to check it out, and it was about a foot of rope sticking out of his butt. So we grab one end and the dog takes off running. Pull around 10' of rope out of him all told. Same dog chewed up and ate an entire string of Christmas Lights. Same dog also jumped out of my brother's jeep when he was going about 45 down the highway. He had the worst case of road rash on his balls after that.

NewChief
05-07-2007, 12:32 PM

My current lab does the same thing, except he chases butterfly and dragonfly shadows. He looks like a cutting horse when he's doing it. It's pretty athletic looking. Of course, it's also the height of idiocy, as he never even looks up at the actual insect (which he could easily catch). He only chases the shadow.

Lzen
05-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Not my dog but I still love this video

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QfDc9FCgnws"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QfDc9FCgnws" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

That dog needs to be put down. ROFL

dollar1
05-07-2007, 12:40 PM
We had a Husky Sheperd mix that loved to chase the horses. I went and bought a cheap shock collar to help cure her. Turns out, cheap = IR light not radio frequency. Thus, her long hair shields the IR receptor on the collar.

So, let the horses out, horses run, dog runs, I stand and try to shock the dog, dog keeps going, I start running after dog trying to shock the whole time. Finally, at the barn, the dog yelps and levitates 5 feet straight up into the air. After re-entery and safe landing, she immediately goes back and starts sniffing the ground, looking for whatever bit/stung/scratched her. After I wiped the tears away, I was sorely tempted to do it again...but alas, I'm too kind hearted.

BTW, hot fences and horses/dogs/kids/wifes are a fun mix on a friday night also.

Iowanian, I hope you did like Dummy too much. That's just sad and hard to picture.

~back under rock~

Lzen
05-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Here's a boxer woo-wooing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EwmrzurvCsQ&mode=related&search=

chagrin
05-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Whne shetaan, my cat, was about 4 months old, I came home from the bar and taking a piss, he decided to run to the bathroom to see me and jumped full on, into the toilet, just as I was flushing it - he won't go near a toilet to this day - 11 years later.

Nzoner
05-07-2007, 02:02 PM
This is good for a laugh

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/scXnnPH42D8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/scXnnPH42D8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

CoMoChief
05-07-2007, 02:06 PM
This is good for a laugh

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/scXnnPH42D8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/scXnnPH42D8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thats funny

Iowanian
05-07-2007, 02:08 PM
I once had a pet june bug. He didn't listen when I told him to stay out of the bug zapper.

Hammock Parties
05-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I have a scar on my right hand that my first dog gave me. But he didn't bite me. He dragged the back of my hand across a sharp stone wall while giving chase to a cat.

KChiefer
05-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Let the good times roll!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tZLAcfC8O3E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tZLAcfC8O3E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>